Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:37:15 PM

I see 2 main reasons why older people prefer investing in gold and silver to other forms of investment more especially cryptocurrency investment. One is the conservative nature of the older generation who are most times overwhelmed by the fast pace of innovation and could hardly catch up with the new ideas and systems. So, they are more comfortable sticking to what they know and understand better. The other factor is what I term technology gap.  Investing in precious metals is quite conventional and straight-forward, investing in cryptocurrency is on the other hand technical  in both the skill and tools of investment. Most elderly people (especially in the developing world) can hardly comprehend the workings of the computer or the blockchain and may not have what it tbkes to invest in securities or crypto.
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:56:29 AM

Maybe they already know that this gold and silver will increase the price in the future they just stick the old way in making money.
This is your point and I respect this one. But what I think about this is, I think those old people aren’t that much involved in technology. Plus, this is quite natural for them to not believe in such thing that isn’t even existing physically unlike gold and silver. So basically they are hacked by their trust factor. They aren’t able to believe in this system because they hadn’t observed it in their early lives.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:25:47 AM

I think older people like to invest in Gold and Silver because we all know gold and silver will never lose its value for a long period of time because since old days we are trading gold and silver as a medium of exchange while bitcoin is very volatile you can either earn big or lose big if you don't know how to track its prices, same goes to cash it stable because its legal tender and can be use anywhere but its value cannot be compared to gold and silver.
XiryuBR

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:27:18 AM

One of the reasons why people like to invest in gold in my opinion:
because gold is free of tax and administration
Property, Vehicles, Bonds, Shares, Artworks, Bank Interests and others are subject to various taxes and routine administrative costs. The more assets you have, the higher your taxes and your costs. Not to mention the cost of care, depreciation of property values and unexpected costs. But not with Gold.
gold is free of those costs.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3276

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:51:09 PM

One of the reasons why people like to invest in gold in my opinion:
because gold is free of tax and administration
Property, Vehicles, Bonds, Shares, Artworks, Bank Interests and others are subject to various taxes and routine administrative costs. The more assets you have, the higher your taxes and your costs. Not to mention the cost of care, depreciation of property values and unexpected costs. But not with Gold.
gold is free of those costs.

In the U.S., gains from selling gold are taxed at a higher rate than gains on other kinds of assets.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:23:00 PM

Older people likes more  in investing gold because they knew gold more than bitcoin. Most of elderly people don't know how to use internet and unaware about bitcoin.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:33:58 PM

They have their own personal reason but maybe that is because the market value of Gold and Silver are more stable making the risk less than the risk in cryptocurrencies because the market value of most cryptos are volatile. Also, Gold and Silver are legal to most of the countries which can be a factor for them. We can't really blame them from doing such thing because we all have our own preference.

sempak bulong

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:10:55 AM

Maybe because they are parents and they are more familiar with gold and silver than crypto. Parents usually prefer to trust real assets.
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:15:06 AM

I think I'd rather have metal than crypto if the sh!t is really going to hit the fan.
Nothing wrong with holding both. I guess I'm getting old.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:05:22 AM

Gold has great value for centuries and I suppose that they feel safe and secure by investing in precious metals. Since they are old generation, they stay with good old scheme.  When I get old I wouldn't like to think much about good investment that I am not familiar with. I would like to go with something that is reliable.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:17:16 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

The most common reason of this is because most of the elderly do not knows how other investments will work
like Crypto currency investments in which the process is slightly difficult for them to understand unlike gold and silver in which you will just buy them instantly and keep the items as simple as 1,2,3. Gold and silver are better investments too as i did not see their value to become cheaper after the time goes by but instead it become more expensive everyday.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:18:27 AM

The older  people normally like to invest in gold and silver because  in the olden age these two are the most precious metals to handle mean time now a days the crypto currency especially the bitcoin is found to the better one to invest.Older people is mostly thinking their own way they cannot think about the bitcoin because they are quiet away from the modern technology and the computer.In brief for promoting bitcoin people should have an average level of education.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:35:12 AM

They have their own personal reason but maybe that is because the market value of Gold and Silver are more stable making the risk less than the risk in cryptocurrencies because the market value of most cryptos are volatile. Also, Gold and Silver are legal to most of the countries which can be a factor for them. We can't really blame them from doing such thing because we all have our own preference.
When I ask my Dad about this, he has a substantial investment in gold, he says that investment in gold has been trusted for a long
time, and the price will continue to be stable and up, meaning that the risk will not be as great as investing in cryptocurency
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:50:14 AM

Because they used to it as the investment in their generation. I think they will not like crypto because unlike gold and silver is real and you can hold it. If I have much money to invest, I would put some of it in gold or real state
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

i think it because the older people believe that gold is the asset which the value can grow up anymore and for getting a gold there are so much stage from mining
They have different mindset and practical experiences. The thing is, people are making good earning from this bitcoin thing but why then some are so irritating from it. What I assume is, they are less interactive or lovable to technology.

They don’t allow themselves to be affected with this digital thing. Since they don’t have got enough good experiences with technology, they start hating.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:27:11 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

You have mentioned that they are old so that means in their time the gold and the silver are much better investment of in fact the best investment and they lived in that fact and they also think that it is hard for them to cope up with the new trend because they are not that in to the technology. So they better stick into the ones they know rather than engaging themselves into different ones.
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:42:22 AM

They don't have time to learn and learn new things. We cannot deny the fact that these metals are valuable and they exist even before we were born in this world. so I think the elders might invest in something they think is right and you can't force them because they are used to it
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:19:24 AM

Older people are used to traditional way of investing money. Since they are not really in to using high technologies. And maybe for some reason they doesn't know or dont have idea about cryptos. And they consider gold and silver as long term investment.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 09:23:43 AM

The same reason why older people keep writing contacts in a paper blocks, not in their gadgets. That is something they know better and feel more comfortable. I would also say that at the moment gold is an understandable and limited resource for scepticists that is not as volotile as crypto.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
ErmaburR

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

Old people like investing in gold/silver because it is fully safe. Bitcoin's values keep on falling or rising and there is quite a big risk in investing in bitcoin. Old people do not prefer to take risk so they don't invest anywhere else and prefer investment in gold/silver the most due to full security and no risks.
But to me I think that they do not have enough knowledge about bitcoin and once they will learn and know about the instant profit of crypto currencies, I do not think that they will then give any preference to gold or silver. I think that they will put all their money in crypto trading which is the most instant way of making money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: