Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:12:46 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
Well, that’ has been for ages, so why won’t they? Gold and silver is very popular and trust me if you’re able to dig out or luckily pick up a gold or silver it is worth a huge amount of money and it can be used for a lot of things.

But when it comes to investments I don’t really like Gold and Silver, there is no profit in it and before you earn profit it will probably take a long time, which is something most of us wouldn’t like at all. So it’s your choice, those people can have patience, but if you cannot have patience for long then it is not for you.
Herdawnia

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

I think generation X preferred tangible because of the "what is it for me" principle. They feel more secure having the metals.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
MaryClark12

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

Old people invest in gold and silver because they believe that gold will never lose value or cheat. About cryptos, they do not have any knowledge of cryptos, and they think it's a scam.
jiryuksan

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

Older people have a tendency to play safe, they invest in gold / silver because there are physical items. While the stock portfolio is only in the form of a piece of paper. Their bitcoin investment is less preferred because it is stored in a wallet that cannot be seen. In general, long-term gold / silver investment is profitable, but for short-term speculation it is not good because there is only a slight rise or fall.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

I think that's because of the stability factor. As more and more people are reinventing investments through venturing in cryptocurrencies, there are still many people who are quite uncomfortable and unsatisfied with the volatility that still affects cryptocurrencies. On the other hand, gold and silver have been an established and stable asset that has an amount that doesn't go too far off at any point. Although it may go up and down, it doesn't have such an erratic pace like that of cryptocurrencies, and so, more adults, especially those who doesn't want to risk it and gamble that much, they choose gold and silver more than cryptocurrencies.
Henry Sy

Activity: 193
Merit: 83

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:52:40 PM

a great many people want to put resources into gold since his costs never go down every now and then, his stuff is genuine and can be utilized as adornments and can likewise be purchased and sold whenever when its proprietor requires earnest assets.
Priestly131

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:46:11 PM

Gold and silver investment have existed over the ages with a low risk of investment compared to some other investments. The returns or profits are also quite remarkable and since other people can’t afford to loose much they prefer to invest in Gold or Silver with low risk.
aliusonjelly

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:53:55 PM

Older people will like gold and silver because that is what the know and grow up with therefore if you are talking about  cryptocuttency it would look like strange  thing to them. Therefore we need to teach them to understand  it
Bitlife81

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:15:38 PM

Real state,Gold and other assets price also fluctuate,If you buy a flate and you using it at least 2 year you already recover your money and till now it is seemed Bitcoin price increased.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:38:40 PM

parents like to invest in gold or metal because they used to only know that investing in good is in gold and metal. gold and metal are not easily damaged or not easily destroyed, besides that the gold price will not drop too far or have a stable price.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

In my own opinion, the older generations is not updated about what is more profitable today and more reliable and if they only knew about cryptocurrency then they will obviously focus on investing in bitcoins more than gold or silver.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:08:03 PM

I think the reason is very simple, namely health.  Cheesy
no parent is at home for a long time in front of the computer monitoring the movement of bitcoin charts, it will make them die faster.  Cheesy
Goodday

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

Because in my opinion it is more low-cost and transparent and also not too risky, many people still believe that investing in gold is much safer than buying digital money like bitcoin anymore for older people or older people who don't understand or don't even know about bitcoin.
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

Gold and silver are precious metals that have high value, precious metals are more likely to increase in value and also have very little risk. I think they are afraid of risk so they prefer to invest in precious metals rather than cryptocurrencies.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:14:44 PM

Cryptocurrency depends on the Internet, Stock depends on the company, Cash depends on the government. Only Gold / Silver never lose value. It can be said that investment in gold / silver is the most stable investment. And the older generation likes that. Moreover, cryptocurrency has just grown recently, and it is new, so old people can't learn it easily.

NevejElad

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:24:04 PM

Older people like investing in gold and silver because this idea and traits are pattern from their ancestors that if can acquire a big value of money ,if you can buy a piece of land then you will buy gold, because it had also a purpose ,in case of emergency gold are pawnable, that is why older people would really invest in gold.
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:27:06 PM

Maybe this is because people who are older or more alive than us prefer to invest in silver and gold maybe this is because gold and silver are better known to them than this digital currency and again they are more confident in gold and silver

hyipplus

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

Maybe because gold and silver investing is already tested by time and by many people at the same time when cryptocurrency is so new and fresh among them that they just cannot force themselves to trust it.
tuturutmunding

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:28:20 PM

maybe older people don't really know and understand the benefits of investing in the world of crypto.but in my opinion it is a very wise thought and action because investing in gold and silver has more price stability where prices rise and fall do not occur drastically
shiki3226

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:55:14 PM

The reason why the older generation invests more with precious metals could be because of, first, they are familiar on how to invest on tangible treasures as that's been done in the past. Another reason is because they don't understand how crypto works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: