Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5212 times)
eyesninja21

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:24:41 AM

Grin
I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Gold is “money”. Gold is a real/hard asset. Gold has been money for thousands of years and no amount of market rigging, made up rules, or government intervention will change this law of man.The old saying goes; Gold is “the money of Kings” and silver is “the money of Gentlemen”.
Gold protects you against the inevitable devaluation of paper money, and inflation and has the same purchasing power today as it did 100 years ago.
We certainly can’t say that about our paper currency. The difference between gold and currency is that currency is distributed by a central government and backed by a national economy. For people who assume that either the government or economy will collapse soon, gold seems like a hedge against it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jack wira

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

the reason parents prefer to invest in gold ... there is a Malay saying it sounds ... decorated with savings ... I think it's a factor bro.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:02:40 AM

The thought of a tangible investment could be a huge playing factor here.

LoL this actually true since our elderly really prefer to have something tangible and for them it feels like security. Before our grandparents are really fond of buying gold and silver and they'll tell their children that if they'll die their children won't starve and already have a future. For them it's more than an investment and likely an insurance plan. Grin

It's funny but it's true. You know, nothing beats an old fashioned way.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
prokerduit

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:10:48 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

maybe because the metal is definitely about monthly income or profit. so that many people invest in metal, people believe more in real evidence. so it's clear maybe people will invest more in metals.
tubig123

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:21:34 AM

This is true mostly of older people they like to invest Gold/ Silver because they wanna sure the money will not be useless upon deposits while in the Gold/ Silver is easily to sell in any branches if you wanted.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:37:49 PM

Older people would like to invest in precious metals like gold and silver because it is very valuable and it is good for a long term investment. Older people do not want to try to invest in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies because they do not have any interest to it and it is not in their trend.
denuhaqiqi

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:45:01 PM

Precious metal investment attracted many people and proved that investment in precious metals can survive from the past until now for several reasons:Security (having certificates recognized by the state and globally); Promising benefits (prices that are stable and tend to increase) and avoid taxes; Easy to withdraw if you need funds quickly and immediately; Low risk and can withstand inflation; Practical and does not depend on any party or government policy because we have full power over ownership.
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:47:46 PM

Investing in silver and gold is understandable for old people, because they have been doing it for life and trusting such investments.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dongquensiar

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:31:33 AM

Hand crypto investment is more profitable than gold and silver but holds more risk and when you are in sixties you would not take risk for your investment because of your family survival. You need a guaranteed investment and bitcoin is not guaranteed.
finlandais

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:05:46 AM

According to me lack of proper knowledge and trust issues are the major reasons why people don't invest in cryptomarket.They consider gold and silver  as more trust worthy.They consider BTC  and other coins as useless because they consider them as scam.From many years gold  is considered on top for any sort of investment.They consider gold as more profitable as compare of cryptocurrency.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:09:50 AM

According to me lack of proper knowledge and trust issues are the major reasons why people don't invest in cryptomarket.They consider gold and silver  as more trust worthy.They consider BTC  and other coins as useless because they consider them as scam.From many years gold  is considered on top for any sort of investment.They consider gold as more profitable as compare of cryptocurrency.
it is difficult to change the mindset of a person, in my opinion it happened indeed because gold appeared first as an investment tool, what else is currently cryptocurrency has not been legalized in many countries.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Brangos99

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:04:59 AM

The reason parents want to invest in gold / precious metals, gold and precious metals is often used as one of the protection instruments and as a guarantee of investment that we make, survive in decreasing value for money, protect macroeconomic and geopolitical risks and save wealth in an effective way.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:05:46 AM

In the past, gold was a good investment and for older people they still felt comfortable and believed in gold investment because it was easy and they might not know about bitcoin
Exactly. The older people have only invested in gold and sliver in their time and have been aware about the ups and down in the market. Like many among us do not want to quit MBA because it promises a highly paid job, the old people in the same way have affection for the precious metals and stones which is also a good way to earn as long as you are earning good money. But the spread of technology might change their mindset in the near future.
laborrdj

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:46:47 AM

To the extent I know, more established individuals get a kick out of the chance to put resources into gold in light of the fact that these valuable metals merit something and they are accustomed to owning these valuable metal and when they require cash right away or if there is a crisis, it is simple for them to pawn it thus they think it is extremely a decent speculation, much the same as bitcoin and different cryptographic forms of money now wherein you hold them however in the event that ever you truly require the cash for crisis cases you can without much of a stretch change over them and pull back them.
Coongcoongler

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:54:07 AM

They consider these as a type of long term investment which can give them a big profit in the future. Besides, gold is much easy to sell and is universally accepted as a form of payment or exchange to cash.
smt_red

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:55:26 AM

Investing in silver and gold is a matter of habit. Some already invest their money in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is one of the new technology that invented.     Shocked
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:08:04 AM

In Vietnam, older people buy gold and silver very often. They think it's a matter of saving money for old age. Buy gold is not high profit, but they feel much safer than using the money to buy bitcoin or any penny to make money.
Core.i7

Activity: 71
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:08:25 AM

Maybe they're afraid from bitcoin. Since the crypto currencies are not exist and they're not present physically which mean we can not protect him.Where Gold and silver can be protected we can store it anywhere maybe that's why they believe in silver more than bitcoins

baki22

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:34:37 AM

There are many ways to explain why people still invest in gold, but overall they are all about meeting their financial goals. Gold is one of the few tangible assets, and therefore, it creates a sense of security among investors. Buying gold is much easier than buying other tangible assets such as real estate.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:42:47 AM

Because it has assurance that it will have more value in the future. Gold, Diamond or silver is already popular in value since in the time of our ancestors. You cant avoid the thing that some people value Gold than food sometimes.
One major point is that Gold and Silver are easy investment sources as investors find it easy to handle these two though it may take some time to generate profit for you but these are stable and you will make good profit here. As compare to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies we get more profit from the modern digital currencies but may be old people are habitual of investing in gold and silver.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: