Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
because in those days they used to save money and trade always in the form of goods or gold. so they are afraid enough to invest their money in the invisible, or unreal. on their basis the lack of knowledge today.
RixtonTrain

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:06:27 PM

Because people use gold as a protective barrier to offset losses in other asset classes. Many investors buy gold to counter the dollar's depreciation, usually dollars. It also protects you from the consequences of inflation. And gold is also a safe investment channel that protects investors from major disasters. Why gold is the only caste that has such unique characteristics? That is because in history, gold is a form of money and then money is valued by gold. Therefore, gold makes investors feel safe because it is always valuable no matter what happens.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:10:41 PM

This is all about the difference between generations. The old generation saw different things and lived differently. Safe investment instruments in their time were only bank rates and metals. And they still believe that these are safest. We shouldn't be surprised that they make their investments in this direction.
Samolet

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:28:06 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

For hundreds of years, the governments of various countries, transnational corporations, banks and the richest people of the planet have invested in gold. They do it for a reason, but because: Gold is a highly liquid asset (the demand for it is consistently large and easy to sell); Historically, it turned out that gold is the measure of providing money; Since gold is not tied to the economy of any country, it is considered a reliable asset; No need for any special storage conditions; Metal does not deteriorate over time.
ymaico

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:54:49 PM

I would invest because of the reliability I think and invest the elderly
lendahawkins

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:00:45 PM

Cause they dont like something new and they do prefer to invest their money to something that more safe and low risk and i also think crypto is too complicated for them to understand.

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:20:43 PM

Older people like investing gold and/or silver because they perceive it as a good investment; but, why is it so? Well, I think that there are two main reasons why older people like investing gold and/or silver. First, it is because they know how much is the value of gold and silver in today's world. The older it is, the more precious and valuable it is. And if for any unforeseen reasons that the gold and silver will decrease its value, it would be just in a little amount or do not increase nor decrease at all. Meaning, there is a more security rather  than investing in any business. However, in calculated risk-taking move, only then your investment will return greater than what you have input. Second and last, it is simpky because they do not have enough knowledge or even a confidence to invest in other investments other than gold and silver.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:05:38 PM

I think that might be because many people still only believe in investing with items that can be held or touched and have always been that investment is usually gold and silver.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:25:28 PM

For the past few weeks, from the existence of a trade war between America and China which has an impact on the weakening of the exchange rate of the dollar against the dollar has made investment in precious metals or gold increase rapidly, especially digital gold, perhaps because investment in gold is not affected by inflation.
the question is why parents or it could be said that lay people prefer investing in gold? because the investment has been proven the results since long as long as it is made as a long-term investment, in terms of security is more secure, besides that the ancients still considered the technological progress too difficult. understand, they tend to like practical investments without having to operate the system or have to learn something new and do not like to take risks they prefer to just play in a safe zone
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:32:11 PM

older people are more likely investing Gold/Silver because they see it more less in taking risk and they can wear or used it not like in bitcoin it has no physical appearance and flactuate immediately.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:08:04 PM

I think that's because it's what they believe in. Since they were young, they've always been believing in something as such and so they trust that more than something new that they're skeptical about or don't even understand. The fact is that even those who're young and educated are finding it difficult to accept/understand crypto.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:19:58 PM

They are stable for a long time and they are great for saving your money

During their time they have seen that gold, silver was the safest and more reliable in terms of the returns and the usefulness they have with those assets. Due to which they would like to continue using it and newer generation would like to take some risk to get the best returns from crypto.
AncientMystery

Activity: 165

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:43:36 PM

I don't think that it is bad at all to put some money in metals because it can be really safe in comparison with banks/crypto, many scenarios are possible for future economy.

virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:55:54 PM

The use of gold and silver as a commodity is as old as the history of mankind. These metals were used as the first currency and have been effectively used as a good investment instrument in the world economy for centuries. In just a few years, expecting people to abandon their investment habits and start to use new investment instruments is not based on a realistic basis and is only a wish. There is a long way to go for the integration of cryptocurrencies into the world economy and to gain widespread access to the circulation, but it is not impossible in a long term because the cryptocurrencies are flexible, fast and easy to use which means they have many advantages.
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308

Swipe!

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:28:06 PM

Because for they whole life they were told that these metals are the safest ways of investing, so what's surprising in that?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
KGBx

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:38:47 PM

For me it is a total mystery - why some think that silver/gold is safer than fiat or crypto? Who guarantee the constant price of gold/silver? Yes, banks and governments, I think that this thing are same as fiat and worse than crypto in terms of safety and potential.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:52:23 PM

Maybe older people don't know about digital currencies so they prefer gold they have known for a long time and they believe in investing or saving their money in the form of precious metals
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:33:04 AM

They are stable for a long time and they are great for saving your money

Its true, most old traditional people always think gold price always stable and can survive from inflation. Purchasing power on fiat money always decreasing and its not happen with gold. Thats why many people choosing gold as safe haven asset
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:53:26 AM

because of the historical power of attorney to these precious metals in many people and it is not surprising that many prefer them
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

Right now gold looks very attractive for me, when compared to the other options. The stock market has gone up by close to 50% during the past 2 years and it looks heavily over-priced. Gold is a much safer bet compared to the equities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: