Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:49:29 AM

commodity price such as gold and silver year by year growth smoothly.and for old generation, maybe this investment place give less risk and maximum reward.althoug actually its  price has high volatile too.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:48:22 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Because those older generations believed in practicality,they are mature in everything so they want assurances and thats what physical asset means.gold and silver are metals that has been valuable ever since our ancestors time and thats what the mentality of our grand parents so lets not take that from them

All we need to focus is our generations and the next after us,in which must be involved in cryptocurrency for their future living
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

Because they are more likely to see that their investment is definitely not going to be a scam. Bitcoin investment in metal product investment such as gold and silver is different. Bitcoin is a digital currency available in many ways, gold and silver have a stable price and price increases depending on demand and supply like bitcoin. More than the bad news that spreads today affects bitcoin so they prefer to invest in gold and silver.

Most of the old people are not updated about the technology and that is the reason why they never knew how cryptocurrency is very profitable in the market, and most of the people are earning a huge amount of profit right now.

semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:18:54 PM

The answer is very simple. For gold and silver, we can say we can exchange these ones for dollar. We can't say that for bitcoin yet. Yes it can be change any moment with dollars but the value can change rapidly in hours. Gold is more stable rather than Bitcoin or any other crypto. Gold is a mine that is considered valuable in the whole world. Therefore it is seen as safe as investment. As Bitcoin will be in the future.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:57:17 PM

It can be said that the strongest and safest commodities of the world are gold and silver, even when there is a world war, gold and silver are always the choice for everyone, this is what makes us always have to invest in gold and silver.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:10:56 PM

Gold and silver has been a store of value for a long time and they are a good storage of value to have survived the test of time. Older people like them because they have physical form and they are quite conservative with their risk management. Younger people like us like higher risk investment because we can get higher return aswell and we want to have comfortable life later.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:44:45 PM

I think gold is already become a good asset for investments and its become a main set for most people. I got a sister and he would choose to invest in gold rather than on cryptocurrency. I do have a lot arguments that investing in gold is useless and would not bring you any profit but she still not agree and still think gold is the best investments cause its low risk and she do think it will bring a lot of profit if you buy gold. I do think older people do love simple things and cryptocurrency that need a lot of study and need a lot of things that makes it complicated is not good for older people and thats why they do prefer to invest in gold rather than into cryptocurrency.

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:50:34 PM

Because these people are time-learned and they understand that everything has the property of falling in price and growing, and gold and silver are a more persistent coin.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:53:45 PM

Because people use gold as a protective barrier to offset losses in other asset classes. Many investors buy gold to counter the dollar's depreciation, usually dollars. It also protects you from the consequences of inflation. And gold is also a safe investment channel that protects investors from major disasters. Why gold is the only caste that has such unique characteristics? That is because in history, gold is a form of money and then money is valued by gold. Therefore, gold makes investors feel safe because it is always valuable no matter what happens.
Yes and I think at that time those facilities which we have today were not available, so they were not having any other option but now there is bitcoin and a lot of other investment, so they should invest in advanced technologies like invest in bitcoin and hold it for long term, it can give than more profit than investing to gold and silver, we should talk with them about bitcoin (crypto) investment so they will surely appreciate it.
Toraokun

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:17:10 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

I believe the main reason they invest only gold or silver because some of them or all of them already getting profit from it, so they not need other investment again or too afraid investing to something they didn't know.

▁▁▁▁▁█  SERENITY  █▁▁▁▁▁
▮▮ SERENITYSOURCE.com.au ▮▮
▔▔▔ENERGY  ON  THE  GO▔▔▔
Larva14

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:51:44 PM

Gold and silver have a long history as a means of maintaining value and increasing value!
Older people can't afford high-risk investments, and gold and silver are low-risk for older people to invest!
Gold and silver are most common investment of older people cause they can handle the low risk and I know the value of this two is continues increasing until now. I think the older people they can't afford to carry the risk in investing in cryptocurrency that's why they contented in gold and silver.
Newer

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:59:30 AM

Because gold investment is in great demand by many parents for the financial and profitable reasons promised. And gold investment is very safe, because investments in precious metals have certificates that are recognized by the state and globally. Gold investment also has a high level of privacy, others cannot know how much gold you have.
licensedcash

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:40:42 PM

This appears glaringly evident for me in light of the fact that the more established individuals are only perplexed of everything new and new. This is valid about any nation and any country on the planet. Seniors are simply older folks thus they are dependably not confident in something new.
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:36:59 PM

because for gold or silver, reliability and trust have already settled, which has been improving throughout the history of people
Old peoples still have traditional mindset. They always think that investment should able to see and touch, like gold or properties. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is digital investment and they still not believe it untill they understand technology behind crypto.

By the way, young guys, often, their grandchildren also follow this tradition. I do not see anything strange in it. Gold and silver will always be in price. Precious metals are good for investment.
Jimbable

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:46:54 PM

Investment in precious metals are pretty much solid, as they are liquid (in economical sense), it's stable, as it doesn't depend on any currency, and it pretty much can't deflate. Not saying that gold or silver, or pretty much any noble metal doesn't really corrupt. So, elderly aren't really that foolish as you might think, in terms of investing.
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:48:19 PM

Old people prefer to invest more in fiat money and digital assets like gold and silver, because they think it is more stable and profitable than cryptocurrencies. They don't trust the digital currencies, and the majority of them don't even understand how the blockchain technology works.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:13:06 PM

Old people prefer to invest more in fiat money and digital assets like gold and silver, because they think it is more stable and profitable than cryptocurrencies. They don't trust the digital currencies, and the majority of them don't even understand how the blockchain technology works.
Older people has been confident enough with cryptocurrency, and it is a great thing because they know that they will have profit with it unlike when you are not investing even a single penny of your money then you are just wasting your chance to earn for your future, just like gold and silver many of us here considered and valued bitcoin as precious as gold as well.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:14:16 PM

Because they know gold and silver is a safe haven investments. Low risks and good instruments for long term investments.
concitta

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:53:41 AM

Commodity assets are divided into passive and active, gold and silver always experience an increase in price levels that tend to be stable and very safe, many parents do not like risk management, this is perfect for them. In addition, there are also other assets that tend to be stable.

Crypto runs with speculation and risk. this is included in the active condition in asset fundamentals. high risk is directly proportional to more profit than passive assets.

BTC Bitway BTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
✦ ────────  Discord Instagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook    ──────── ✦
Limsam

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:05:59 AM

Because they are older people, i think they can not keep up with new technology and they also worry about high risk investment like bitcoin. That's why they choose gold/silver to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: