Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:07:30 AM

Because between us and they have gap about generation  Grin Grin Grin
In fact, older people always have a lot of worries and I do not think they are interested in investing in Crypto because they are afraid because Crypto is so new and it's like a virtual thing, they can not see it and can not handle it. In addition, Bitcoin have a huge risk and it is not valued by any model and fears that this is a psychological game.
I have met many old people and I told them about Bitcoin, as a result I was scolded for daring to believe what the internet said, oh my gods @@
yes, their reason is clear, first parents certainly don't understand crypto and surely they don't want to occupy something they don't understand, the second factor is because they always want to be able to see their money not to disappear. .. it's normal ... crypto is for the next generation of young generation, not for people who are old because the way parents think tends to be monotonous in contrast to the current generation who really like something new and like challenges.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:26:12 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
I think they prefer investing in precious metals because, they assess the investment in precious metals is safer because there are physical objects as collateral, besides that the price of precious metals also tends to increase every year so they can calculate the profit they will get after saving it in the long term a certain time, in contrast to investing in other commodities such as stocks even though there is physical security from a company's stock but the price tends to be volatile and risky if we cannot take advantage of opportunities and risks that arise
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:25:46 PM

the answer is simple. people are used to investing in what they can touch, feel and keep at home. bitcoin for them non-existent numbers on the monitor screen
Madiha

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:25:56 PM

i think older people don't know about new generation.and they are don't believe crypto. when they are investing Gold/Silver faithfully that, they are don't fall any losses in the future.
maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:53:40 PM

Older people do not know about bitcoin and have invest their money at gold and silver, just few years ago bitcoin have publish and some people maybe know about bitcoin just few years.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:06:28 PM

Because between us and they have gap about generation  Grin Grin Grin
In fact, older people always have a lot of worries and I do not think they are interested in investing in Crypto because they are afraid because Crypto is so new and it's like a virtual thing, they can not see it and can not handle it. In addition, Bitcoin have a huge risk and it is not valued by any model and fears that this is a psychological game.
I have met many old people and I told them about Bitcoin, as a result I was scolded for daring to believe what the internet said, oh my gods @@
yes, their reason is clear, first parents certainly don't understand crypto and surely they don't want to occupy something they don't understand, the second factor is because they always want to be able to see their money not to disappear. .. it's normal ... crypto is for the next generation of young generation, not for people who are old because the way parents think tends to be monotonous in contrast to the current generation who really like something new and like challenges.
Funny but true. I don't say gold is an investment for the older generation. but gold is indeed very popular as a safe and profitable
investment in their era. while crypto is not suitable for them because they will not understand about this technology

yunzau

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:58:31 PM

Yes, because their generation of promising investment is gold and silver, considering that the value is not reduced even though it is a small piece. In the gold community is also a measure of one's wealth and avoid taxes.
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:09:55 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

I think not only older people who are investing in gold and silver but also the middle ages because they know that years goes by the value of gold and silver increases like a land, investing in a land is a very efficient strategy also because times goes by the price of the land increases.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
bigmelons25

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:14:20 PM

I love crypto but I still think its smart to keep some gold or silver incase of a natural disaster.  If the internet and electrical grid got wiped out the only currency people would use is precious metals.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:44:52 PM

In my opinion, here the answer is obvious. Older people do not understand the wisdom of the current investment in securities. Those who invest in securities will lose everything to the last cent. Everyone is engaged only in what they understand and reproach them for this is not worth it.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

Even I have tried to explain the concept of Bitcoin to a lot of elderly people. But not a single one was interested in investing money in crypto. They want guaranteed returns, which I can't promise them.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:00:17 PM

Many people invest in gold because they believe that this is a good investment. This is better than holding fiat currencies and is a fairly "safe" investment. There are many better ways to invest, but for simple capital preservation, they believe that just gold can do it.

Someone that investing on gold told me; "A gold rod will remain gold forever, but a suitcase full of paper money has a near-zero long-term value".
Ucihashin

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:53:21 PM

Gold and silver are precious metals that have high value, precious metals are more likely to increase in value and also have very little risk. I think they are afraid of risk so they prefer to invest in precious metals rather than cryptocurrencies. and wee need much time to still tell people about crypto Undecided
Jambo tape

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:00:36 PM

Everyone invests in what they consider profitable for themselves.  Many adults have already seen a lot on the market, so they believe that investing in gold is the most correct,they don't dare to take risks Undecided
squid23

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:25:40 AM

The gold like other precious metals are totally physical, not digital like bitcoin etc. or even sone ETFs. Older people people sometimes can't belive how a thing exists while you can't see it and hold in your hand. Anyway they are quite right. The one more reason than gold hasn't drop it's price like from 20k to 6.
After a 2018 drop some people would better belive things like this http://kazspecgeo.com/en/invest/mining-gold.html   than that btc will go back to 20k.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:01:56 AM

Older people do not know about bitcoin and have invest their money at gold and silver, just few years ago bitcoin have publish and some people maybe know about bitcoin just few years.

When market is on turmoil and World economy is not in a good state commodities like gold and silver is good to buy because their price in the market go high because of what is happening. Gold is the number one good store value back in the days, It is the safe haven for us investors and old investors and even til now still a good safe haven. But now we have bitcoin or cryptocurrency as an option. Maybe old investors dont like bitcoin and cryptocurrency so they stick to what they believe in like before. They like buying Gold and silver.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 01:09:52 AM

Cryptocurrency is still young and have not reached most people's attention, especially the old who are not much technologically inclined. Most older people live by the tactile sense, thus they believe in the things they can touch and see.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:25:48 AM

Cryptocurrency is still young and have not reached most people's attention, especially the old who are not much technologically inclined. Most older people live by the tactile sense, thus they believe in the things they can touch and see.

Young? I don't think so. The first crypto-currency came in to existence almost ten years back, and by now anyone with basic IQ would understand that Bitcoin is not a ponzi or a pump-and-dump scheme. I would just add one thing. Those who ignore crypto now will live to regret their decision later.
adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:46:48 AM

Simply because they do not know about technology. Older people will not want to invest in what they do not understand and they hate high risk. When investing in this market, there are many ways for you to lose money. Hackers attack the wallet, fraud, trading floor collapsed. That makes many people stay away from investing in this market and they just want to invest in gold to make a profit every year.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Limsam

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:58:45 AM

Because they just want to invest in something stable even bitcoin have bigger profits but it is full of risks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: