Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5213 times)
summersky2126

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:59:36 AM

Because in my opinion it’s their way to invest what is best and does have value in every single year, just like real estate investment you also got a lot of money investing in gold or silver.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dankboner83

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:12:44 AM

I heard that it was a trend a couple of years ago that people believe gold and silver will go rare and everyone will need it. Therefore, the price will go up.
In fact, Chinese goverment is also buying gold and silver. There may be reasons for that.
But if gold and silver go rare, it will make sense when the prices of gold and silver go up.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:14:34 AM

Probably because they prefer to invest in tangible things like they saw it literally and can't touch and they've been use to it rather than in digital, they still believe that in investing into these things would make sense and sure of profit rather than something they're not sure of or certain.

smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:51:48 AM

Old people are peculiar creatures. They are old-fashioned so they are used to doing things their own way, in the way they are used to when they were younger. Not only have the laws changed, but society has upgraded as well. We have new leaders in charge and plenty of new technology.

Retired people especially are looking for ways to protect their investments and secure their future for generations. In order to do this old folk invest into Gold and Silver IRA's because they know it is a low-risk asset. They were probably around before Nixon took the dollar off of the Bretton Woods, if not before the great depression when it was based fully on the Gold Standard.

Also, gold and silver can be traded in person. There is a lot of sentimental value that can be brought out from certain pieces, especially jewelry and art. Overall, Gold and Silver are extremely low-risk and your value can be retained in a different way from the rest of your money.

Last but not least, old people can get into Bitcoin pretty easily nowadays. In fact, they can just trade in their Gold for Bitcoins on places like Vaultoro.

Wete

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:35:24 AM

I think this is just a matter of understanding. Those older generations are certainly foreign to Bitcoin or other digital currencies. They tend to think real and certain (according to them). Gold or other precious metals are very good long-term investments according to them. It takes time and patience so that the older generation can understand what the digital world is.

🔵 [ BLINKED ] 🔵 [ https://www.blinked.live ] 🔵
RECOMMENDATION PLATFORM THAT DRIVES UP TO 90 PERCENT OF ADVERTISING REVENUE TO USERS
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:19:19 PM

I think this is just a matter of understanding. Those older generations are certainly foreign to Bitcoin or other digital currencies. They tend to think real and certain (according to them). Gold or other precious metals are very good long-term investments according to them. It takes time and patience so that the older generation can understand what the digital world is.

Some old people do understand the cryptocurrencies and invest in them. However, the author of the thread is right - the consider silver and gold more reliable things.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:08:42 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
I think the reason behind this is because they know that the gold and silver or other jewelries or metals will be get a higher amount as time goes by, like for example a land, land may increase the price as time goes by.
Coinmagistrator

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:16:24 PM

Well maybe they are used to investing in such precious metals. It could hard to get accustomed/caught up in the present day.
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

In my opinion, why older people prefer to invest in gold and silver this might be because they are more confident and know about changes in gold and silver prices than bitcoin and other virtual eyes and also most of the parents do not know bitcoin and altcoin

Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:35:50 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

i think it is because the value of gold and silver is more stable than the value of cryptocurrency. plus the fact that they are investing into physical means and they are assured that it cannot be stole by anyone.
rimueng agam

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:42:03 PM

Maybe the older people don't know the existence of digital currency so they prefer to invest in precious metal parts both in silver and in gold and the security issue is better in this precious metal than in bitcoin.
vagsun

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:50:41 PM

Investing in precious metals is one of the best approach, mostly for those people who dont want to take risk. The people of old generations are having very hard earned money, so they dont want to loose it at any cost. So old generation's people prefer to play safe. That's the only reason that they invest in precious metals. These people are strictly against investment in crypto and stock market as in such type of investments ,higher amount of risk is involved.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 06:12:03 PM

2 reason can be there

1 they are more experienced and not getting rekt like us
2 they are not open minded and can't accept a huge change easily

Also there can be other reasons but for me this 2 reasons are biggest ones

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:41:28 PM

2 reason can be there

1 they are more experienced and not getting rekt like us
2 they are not open minded and can't accept a huge change easily

Also there can be other reasons but for me this 2 reasons are biggest ones
Taking risks is not what they would like to do and most of the time they just don't understand why investing into something that's not tangible can reap benefits.
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:05:33 PM

Well let's say because they understand the fundamentals of the investing in Gold / silver and they know the value of these precious metal will keep increasing as years go by, the older people like investing in gold/silver and a time will come when the younger people will like investing int cryptos currency, gold / silver were making people rich during their time and in out time cryptos / tech are making people rich
missmaria

Activity: 137
Merit: 12

Semux

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

For me it is an absolute mystery why do they think so... I don't think that it is the right option for the current times.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 09:31:31 PM

i share your view, but you wont blame the older people for choosing metal over cryptocurrencies investment, the reasons are
1. Most of these older people have no knowledge about cryptocurrency, they rather stick to what they are used to rather than taking the process of studying how to trade in crypto.
2. Gold is as old as man itself, so a lot of people are aware of it, but crypto is a new investment system backed by blockchain.
portalufonet

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:40:57 PM

Gold and silver are stable and safe so it gets the attention of older investors. Gold is also a long-term investment channel so the investment risk is very low but the profit is not much.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:14:49 PM

I think older people still believe in gold investment because they think gold is safer than crypto, they don't want to bother with the risk in crypto that can make them lose a lot of money
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 11:36:36 PM

By now, we should have known that the elderly people have been with gold and silver right from ages and are usually filled with sentiments regarding them.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: