Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:29:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe and invest in fraudulent ICO?  (Read 3308 times)
WackMack

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:13:36 AM

Because fraudsters are improving and developing. And to understand that a fraudster is a fraudster at times is incredibly difficult. Sometimes even the most reliable project can be a fraud. So be careful guys.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:20:31 AM

I suppose those people are just plain lazy without checking out that ICO but just throw money into it. Maybe that ICO offer an irresistible deals like big discount to their tokens and pay money for good reviews by ICO bench mark sides and many fall into the trap. 

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:08:29 AM

too much marketing and they were able to attract those investors. may be they gave big discounts for early buyers. but i cant understand that why those investors didnt do any good research about them before investing money. there are lot of good projects too. may be they tried to get huge profits. sad to see this type of news

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:14:32 AM

I think those who have less experience with ico or new investors are the easy targets of scammers. Some people believe in outrageous promises of icos because of their greed and wants to get rich fast. Scam icos are often too good to be true with unbelievable targets and goals and people always falls for that.
Vika0170

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:19:42 AM

As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?
And because there are a lot of newbies who act standardly. They check the white paper, the team and the project covers, and the scammers have already learned everything and it is difficult to identify them among such a multitude. I will not say that the experienced do not fall, this is the case.
primarydumz

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:35:47 AM

As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

I dont think its change the more ICO's implementing day by day i think its getting worse. Its all up to us to be aware in every project we've joining. In crypto were are prone of scam thats why we must be careful when investing in ICO.

▰✔♞❉▰ Globedx BOUNTY MANAGER ▰❉♞✔▰
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:47:43 AM

people hear about crypto and go crazy, rushing in, looking for a quick way to get rich... I honnestly think that a lot of people make blind investments, without even reading the WP...
It is maybe a phase, those people have learnt and are now more carefull...
don't really know what will happen on the next bull run, as a new wave of crazy newbies full of fiat will rush in looking for easy money...
We all have to contribute to stop these scams, spread the word, teach, comment... blockchain is a marvelous tool, we just have to use it wisely

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:04:51 PM

What is the name of the ico raised over 1$ billionand became scam project?
The big problem is,no one know the project is scam or not.
Many scammers very smart nowadays,they can manipulate all of details about ico.
Its hard to know ico legit or not
Why did people invest in these ICO?
Because they wanna get profit,ico can give you high profit with 1-100 x profit
but very high risk to turn your money,if you don't carefully
kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:27:36 AM

People want to get rich and do nothing for it. I mean that there is no way to become rich doing nothing and it is obvious for most of traders all over the world.
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:28:00 AM

People are greedy. They heard a story about BTC and they consider that every token will be able to become as popular as BTC.
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

People are greedy. They heard a story about BTC and they consider that every token will be able to become as popular as BTC.
Agreed, I don't see any other reasons. Many clear scam ICO's get funds. Little, I saw new idea on the hype/ponzi market - exchange with one coin  Grin Clear ponzi on the smartcontract. But it offers as exchange or as ICO. Be smart, don't participate

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
aalborg

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:35:47 AM

They do it simply because of absence of knowledges.
They don't know what to do and that's why they follow fraudulent projects. They need more experience
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:39:09 AM

I don't think like you say, not all ico scams
of course this is through the process of experience in every want to invest in ico, analysis and make research required.
well my question, then why did you join the ico project campaign?
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:48:46 AM
Merited by cizatext (1)

The said situation has not change and will not change until regulation into cryptocurrency see the light of the day. Many investors still fall for those fraudulent ICOs out there because of their inability to research into the project they choose to invest with. Until the investors have a re-think about read through the whitepaper before invest with the ICO they will in many case be scam. So, research into the project and read the whitepaper also, double check their RoadMap for the journey so far; before invest.
owlman

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

Some people invest in fraudulent ICO projects because they are not aware that this is a hoax. The fraudsters have become very isobritetal and difficult to distinguish from this project, which has serious plans and great prospects. Now the situation has changed a little, but only because the total demand for ICO projects has decreased.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:13:06 AM

We cannot be sure that ICO is true. It may have good team and good plan, but it may turn fake in every second. It is something similar to mining field.
Hiylchis

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

Lack of knowledge is the only reason. There is no other way to explain this situation, because sometimes fraud is extremely obvious.
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 02:47:38 AM

The people tend to invest in the scam ico because the reason is that they do not know if they invest in a legit or a scam ico. They believe only on the features listed on the web address without looking further.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:58:57 AM

ICO scam and not quite similar and it's already trapping many people. the scammers are getting clever manipulation of the ICO to be a goldmine for them easily without having struggled to work. of these at least to do a lot of people are always careful and selective in the ICO because scam remains unnoticed.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:02:31 AM

Many do not know which ico is scam and where ico is not a scam, and many fall into the wrong ico, namely the need to do research with their own minds, so that they do not experience disappointment with ico scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: