Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe and invest in fraudulent ICO?  (Read 3298 times)
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 03:08:53 AM

Well if they knew ICO is fraud then surely they would not invest in it, who would want to lose money? Thing is they get manipulated to do it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:06:40 AM

To my knowledge people don't knowingly invest in scam ICOs, it's usually done out of ignorance and I believe no one will invest in a coin which is obvious that is a scam.
laoou

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:13:40 AM

People who invest in ICO usually dream of getting rich overnight. There are more new investors here. Many newcomers don’t know what to enter the cryptocurrency. They only know that ICO can add a few zeros to your asset mantissa. The ICO recession represents the whole. The reduction of investors in the cryptocurrency market.

Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 04:26:50 AM

Because i think mostly of these people are newbies in this industry and they don't bother researching about the ICO project they are joining so thats why scam ICOs are still keep increasing. I hope people will learn now on how to study and research the project before joining to avoid scams.
mapsi

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

There are too many scam icos and people investing these scam icos because they dont know about that. No body can not be sure about any ico. Because we are not seeing or meet these guys. We are only doing research  with their websites and telegram groups.
Because of that always there are some investors who investing scam icos wrongly and they are loosing their money .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:28:30 AM

To my knowledge people don't knowingly invest in scam ICOs, it's usually done out of ignorance and I believe no one will invest in a coin which is obvious that is a scam.
Yes, they don't know that they are investing to a scam ICO.

They don't do research on where they are investing and that's the sad fact that's happening and even during the past. But now I think it has reduced, people learned that there are tons of fake ICOs that are aiming to gather money through investors even without execution of their project after creating a token.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:17:46 AM

Sheeple are just generally morons that follow the herd and do not make the effort to research for themselfs so they set themselfs up for getting fleeced.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:50:49 AM

I think they don't go back to check because they only follow others and are lazy to do research. ICO fraud is indeed very difficult to know and of course, this makes many people suffer losses. And we must be careful and always do research.

Xtinah

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:55:36 AM

It's not like they intentionally invest on scam ICo's, many people wouldn't know until the end of the ICO. Some ICo's although spells scam from the beginning but lots of people are insensitive about it, they don't research on it, they just invest and get scammed.
wuyangbo

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:12:19 AM

Often the fraudulent ICO will make investors feel that profits are high, or they will create some hype news, such as trying to make their projects and celebrities have a little relationship. Usually there is only one reason people are cheated, that is the greed of human nature.

Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:13:01 AM

As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

You never know if an ICO is a scam until after the token sale. Some teams come up with amazing ideas and never end up reaching their softcap. But do to time and  marketing and etc go in the whole a certain amount. Other teams take advantage and plan to scam from the very start. If you only raised $200,000 all that covers is advertisement and marketing. You have to pay these people something. If thats all that is raised they have to use it to pay. Just because a project does not succeed does not mean it is a scam. There is a diffrence, I for one won't invest in ICO unless ATLEAST the softcap is reached!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:22:45 AM

There is no investor's who want to scam the money they invest the problem is there are some investors who did not do research before they invest in a projects,or maybe they are engage to there advertisements because scammers is using people to advertise there project into the social media's to attract investor's,and also scammers now is very wise smart very hard to detect the scam projects these days we will know that the project is scam after there tokensale because they run away.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

tapaibuccok

Activity: 303

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:37:29 AM

As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?
not all ICOs are scams, there are some ICOs that are truly legit and profitable for investors even though they have not managed to collect hardcaps, Localcoinswap is one of the very profitable ICOs that I have met in crypto since I joined here, and hopefully EOSEX is also like that
Annieluvyou

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:40:41 AM

You were asking why, I believe that because the investors didn't know that the project they invest on is a scam project.
I don't think the investors will put their money if they do know that the project they put their investment is a scam, i believe they will avoid to do that.

Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 03:42:11 AM

Well sometimes this is very hard to believe that people get scammed in such ICOs but i think we can attribute this to the greed of some human beings with respect to gains. These scam ICOs offer very huge bonuses and promises huge returns on investment and most people get swayed away by it.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:52:58 AM

No one in his right mind will invest if he knows that what he is investing is a scam ICO, these scam ICO are getting  better and better imitating the real and legit ICO, but now people can easily trace who is legit and who is not, maybe next year the number of scam ICO will be much lesser.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

according to my knowledge, people who invest in ICO are people from different backgrounds, there are those who invest only because they want to make a profit and also among them, who invest because they are familiar with the team or developer concerned, and invited to invest with a high income after entering the exchanger
but in fact, money can beat our relationships as friends, whether it's friends in the real world or cyberspace
BruceJu

Activity: 378

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:04:39 AM

As the current ICO scam has become more sophisticated and seems to make investors more profitable, many investors have lost their property due to blind investment!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:58:12 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2018, 12:16:04 AM by cryptowolfsu

People are investing in ICOs to make profit , but at the moment of investing they are not aware
of scam ICOs as we can realize that only in the  later stages. This is why we have to make our own
research and invest only in perspective projects with great team.

wattson

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:43:48 PM

One should be very careful when choosing ICO nowadays. So much scam and so much week projects on the market today. Investing in ICOs became very risky in this year. Where is my lucky 2017?  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: