Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FLAP] FlappyCoin ★ OLD/DEAD THREAD GO TO NEW ONE ★  (Read 345254 times)
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:18:14 PM

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:27:27 PM

bitdonator I think the content of your post got cut off, all I'm seeing is the "Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App" text
flappycoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:40:22 PM

Again to let the community know.

We tried to contact people, a lot of people we're willing to help then no one did. Those same people are now talking about a "take over" or secondary take over. Though i'd love to just let everyone know this is a bump in the road, a small detour, and not a big deal I have egg on my face from trusting the wrong person.

This won't happen again, we want mature people that can deliver a product. Want to talk and discuss things? Great! That get's us no where. We need the end product that couldn't be delivered. Again the below fork is what needs windows compilations. Linux and mac are NOT the problem. I don't want to get into defending myself, this is my fault guys. We delivered, one person didn't but ultimately that is my fault for trusting that person. If you can deliver do it. You'll be paid and have a development spot and in the future after this all settles you want to still do a take over we can discuss that. I'm not immature that i'll pretend to be a messiah. I'm not; I am a person who failed you guys. I am the blame. Blame me; and then we can hopefully work towards fixing the issue. Talk is not fixing this issue. We have 2 days to compile before block 100,000 but even then we can easily fork at block 110,000. The only issue is a few more coins then expected in circulation which is not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

If you can compile for windows do it, contact us. No one has sent ANY type of communication to any of the flappycoin accounts in regards to this. So don't pretend you did.

We need maturity and the product. Not people trying to tear people down for their failings. That is not productive, that is kindergarten. I took over trying to get this entire project to have a real development team that was mature. Unfortunately some people picked didn't deliver. That is my fault for picking those individuals and will not happen again. I won't discuss anything with people who are acting like they are 12. Talk like a mature adult, and after this whole thing if I truly think you're more mature and can handle the project we will give it over.

To the community I can not apologise enough for my failings. They are my failings. Blame me.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:41:17 PM

so... is the cap still going to be reduced or what? 100 billion freaking coins is just way too much...
Bump in the road. Fork may take place at block 110,000 but as long as someone can deliver the binaries today the original fork can occur at block 100,000.
dogechode

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:45:17 PM

We tried to contact people, a lot of people we're willing to help then no one did. Those same people are now talking about a "take over" or secondary take over. Though i'd love to just let everyone know this is a bump in the road, a small detour, and not a big deal I have egg on my face from trusting the wrong person.

This won't happen again, we want mature people that can deliver a product. Want to talk and discuss things? Great! That get's us no where. We need the end product that couldn't be delivered. Again the below fork is what needs windows compilations. Linux and mac are NOT the problem. I don't want to get into defending myself, this is my fault guys. We delivered, one person didn't but ultimately that is my fault for trusting that person. If you can deliver do it. You'll be paid and have a development spot and in the future after this all settles you want to still do a take over we can discuss that. I'm not immature that i'll pretend to be a messiah. I'm not; I am a person who failed you guys. I am the blame. Blame me; and then we can hopefully work towards fixing the issue. Talk is not fixing this issue. We have 2 days to compile before block 100,000 but even then we can easily fork at block 110,000. The only issue is a few more coins then expected in circulation which is not as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

If you can compile for windows do it, contact us. No one has sent ANY type of communication to any of the flappycoin accounts in regards to this. So don't pretend you did.

We need maturity and the product. Not people trying to tear people down for their failings. That is not productive, that is kindergarten. I took over trying to get this entire project to have a real development team that was mature. Unfortunately some people picked didn't deliver. That is my fault for picking those individuals and will not happen again. I won't discuss anything with people who are acting like they are 12. Talk like a mature adult, and after this whole thing if I truly think you're more mature and can handle the project we will give it over.

To the community I can not apologise enough for my failings. They are my failings. Blame me.

Hi, just to be clear are you the original flappycoin dev or are you the new one that stepped up recently and did the original flappycoin dev hand over this forum account to you?

Thanks for the update in any case; I would help if I could but I have no knowledge of how to compile the code for you for Windows.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:54:29 PM

Hi, just to be clear are you the original flappycoin dev or are you the new one that stepped up recently and did the original flappycoin dev hand over this forum account to you?

Thanks for the update in any case; I would help if I could but I have no knowledge of how to compile the code for you for Windows.

New dev.

Honestly... I'd love to say this whole thing happened because we set a date to early. We did, and the old dev coming back delayed us 5 days, my compile guy didn't deliver on windows compile. That the real "reason" this occured. But ultimately that is my fault to setting the date to early, and picking the wrong person.
Sumpfbiene

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 08:54:47 PM

camodude009 i thought he makes the qt wallet.  Is that right Huh Or you searching again?

flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:17:55 PM

camodude009 i thought he makes the qt wallet.  Is that right Huh Or you searching again?

Not yet. If people can deliver that's what we need. A lot of people step up to the plate and overestimate their abilities.

Not saying he's a bad dev, probably great. But most people say this "YOU CAN'T COMPILE FOR WINDOWS? NOOB GIVE ME AN HOUR" and then 12 hours pass "Still trying to compile guys" and that's what occurs.

Not blaming anyone though, this is all my fault. Blame me. This needs to be pushed through. If he delivers he'll get full credit but I can not pretend anyone is special at this point.
Sumpfbiene

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:24:34 PM

camodude009 i thought he makes the qt wallet.  Is that right Huh Or you searching again?

Not yet. If people can deliver that's what we need. A lot of people step up to the plate and overestimate their abilities.

Not saying he's a bad dev, probably great. But most people say this "YOU CAN'T COMPILE FOR WINDOWS? NOOB GIVE ME AN HOUR" and then 12 hours pass "Still trying to compile guys" and that's what occurs.

Not blaming anyone though, this is all my fault. Blame me. This needs to be pushed through. If he delivers he'll get full credit but I can not pretend anyone is special at this point.

I think you have apologized yourself often enough.  Wink

"YOU CAN'T COMPILE FOR WINDOWS? NOOB GIVE ME AN HOUR"  < IDIOTS!

I hope you find the right one.

flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:39:53 PM

camodude009 i thought he makes the qt wallet.  Is that right Huh Or you searching again?

I think you have apologized yourself often enough.  Wink

"YOU CAN'T COMPILE FOR WINDOWS? NOOB GIVE ME AN HOUR"  < IDIOTS!

I hope you find the right one.

It's honestly really maddening because people try to act like they can deliver, then don't. The reason I am apologising is because a week ago I came off as I could deliver. My problem was relying on others that we're immature and overestimated their own abilities. But again I know I have apologised enough, but this is completely unacceptable behaviour from me and others. We can't let the community be hurt or fail upon one mistake, I still take full blame and want us to move forward. To anyone as well if you feel I have lashed out upon you or said stuff incorrect you also have to remember not everyone sees the world the same as you. People get more or less the same information and came to different conclusions. At this point I'm trying to be as mature as possible to move forward beyond this mistake. You guys don't deserve this, and we will fix this. Whatever it takes.
dogechode

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

I will say that the compiling issue is a valid one and flappy isn't the first coin to experience this. I have seen several coins where there were last minute problems as it was discovered that compiling the wallets was going to be waaaay harder than anticipated. Thanks for the explanations and please just keep us informed so everyone doesn't panic and think we got abandoned again.
thimo

Activity: 490

thimo the dev

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:33:41 AM

I can compile the wallet tomorrow, i tried it just now, got the daemon running. The QT's gamepage needs the qt webkit module which i don't have but will install tomorrow. after that it's a walk in the park.

EDIT: of to bed

i can rent this1
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:59:13 AM

we have about 5,200 blocks before 100k ...thats about 3.5 days
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:10:34 AM

we have about 5,200 blocks before 100k ...thats about 3.5 days

Exactly.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:12:30 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:47:22 AM by flappycoin

I can compile the wallet tomorrow, i tried it just now, got the daemon running. The QT's gamepage needs the qt webkit module which i don't have but will install tomorrow. after that it's a walk in the park.

Thank you for the support. Continue to work however you feel and if you do deliver the required binaries within quality standards we can support a 10 to 50 million pay out(Due to donaters, that is close to 100 million now but entirely depends on context and what is delivered ultimately).

We also have to state for people wondering. This is a bump in the road and delay. Originally we'd never even be here without the take over so the good news is we are a lot further then we ever would be. Though we have to apologise and hang our heads due to promising standards and binaries delivered by the 18th. We need a mature development team, not defensive people and not people just attacking people. We need solutions/delivered product. People talking is great and discuss all you want. But we need the end product. This is not to come off arrogant and we apologise if it does. We just have to be honest and give the community a real answer whether it's the answer they want or not. This will be fixed ASAP.

To anyone reading; we still apologise it had to come to this.
zulu860

Activity: 196

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:04:16 AM

Thought this was cool on 420 caught it on time  Grin

Donations welcome to the address on screen...Thx in advance

Bitcoins: 157TGFQRUWuBC5pREHcpkXfgCWGrQ9Zti6   iseebitcoins.com
Zimstake: EDEtRKNMUMZrsMCxTKvnz8U2Y84NPQDS2r
Cannabiscoin: CGj3H5AgJKTNeiPCsv2akbQiSSGUjcRjBE
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:55:37 AM

So may be tomorrow will have new wallet?Huh

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:01:06 AM

So may be tomorrow will have new wallet?Huh

We don't want confusion or people assuming things. We will let you know exactly when, the main thread will be edited.

Hopefully we can get this by tomorrow. I just need to stress a lot of people assume this is a simple compile, talk a big game, then never deliver.

We can't deal with that any more and need to be realistic. We want to work with anyone and will, but we need results.

Sorry for any confusion you may have on this issue, it is being addressed and we are finding the correct developer and opened it up to the public.
Sumpfbiene

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

There is one thing i like at the moment. The community works now together.  Wink

flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:06:21 AM

There is one thing i like at the moment. The community works now together.  Wink

Going forward this is the most important thing. We wanted to take over to bring maturity/real development and while we failed(Delivered 90%, but still failed) we will continue this trend. You guys don't deserve any more to be waiting on developers or waiting for things to be done and that's unacceptable. Going forward we will ensure this stays mature, civil and work with the community.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: