Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635406 times)
boneee

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Omg i stay 5 min watching my cgminer, and diff is always jumping diff was 8 goes to 3->2>0>2>3>8>16>20>33 wtf, we can t mine like this Sad
Mmm, why? In fact, it looks like less coins are hitting the marketplace, meaning less dilution, meaning higher prices.... Anyway, i really would like to URGE DEV to change to scrypt Jane or another type, as currently the normal scrypt mining is dying... The coins that are being bought are the coins that doesn't use standard scrypting... It is really important that DEV recognize this problem, travelling all around the world and promoting the coin is all good and nice, but the dilution is just killing us, and how longer he wait, how more difficult it will become to get the price higher...
Where is the proof of scrypt mining dying? There are still many GigaHashes worth of scrypt miners active http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sort=hashrate&dir=desc
Mining in general is taking a big loss, if you take a look at your local techsite/ebay you probably see that a lot of AMD cards are being sold. Miners are losing faith in the profitability of their coins and they step out of mining. This makes no difference wether you are on Scryot, Scrypt-N or Scrypt-Jane. The only ones that keep steady is Sha-256 because people are not going to sell their asics they bought before they have their loss made back.

There really should not be made any hasty decisions that influence the life and value of the coin this much.

I agree with you. No hasty decisions should be made!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:29:08 PM

A big and exciting update on CoinTweak: the first step to daily average value calculations!
Cointweak now displays average difficulty and coin rewards!

The next step will be an improvement to the exchange system where it will automatically swap to display the exchange with the best market (mixture of daily trade volume and exchange rate).

dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:36:55 PM

A big and exciting update on CoinTweak: the first step to daily average value calculations!
Cointweak now displays average difficulty and coin rewards!

The next step will be an improvement to the exchange system where it will automatically swap to display the exchange with the best market (mixture of daily trade volume and exchange rate).

Sweet  Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:14:39 PM

http://Pool.dopecoin.com where do I find the API?

http://pixskull.com/dopecoin/

DOPE-4FaeVDkDetUW3AwtqkaiBvwyNEEgGLXQLy

Also where is the API Json for dopecoin?

I emailed you and the shopping API should be showing up shortly  Grin

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

Omg i stay 5 min watching my cgminer, and diff is always jumping diff was 8 goes to 3->2>0>2>3>8>16>20>33 wtf, we can t mine like this Sad
Mmm, why? In fact, it looks like less coins are hitting the marketplace, meaning less dilution, meaning higher prices.... Anyway, i really would like to URGE DEV to change to scrypt Jane or another type, as currently the normal scrypt mining is dying... The coins that are being bought are the coins that doesn't use standard scrypting... It is really important that DEV recognize this problem, travelling all around the world and promoting the coin is all good and nice, but the dilution is just killing us, and how longer he wait, how more difficult it will become to get the price higher...
Where is the proof of scrypt mining dying? There are still many GigaHashes worth of scrypt miners active http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sort=hashrate&dir=desc
Mining in general is taking a big loss, if you take a look at your local techsite/ebay you probably see that a lot of AMD cards are being sold. Miners are losing faith in the profitability of their coins and they step out of mining. This makes no difference wether you are on Scryot, Scrypt-N or Scrypt-Jane. The only ones that keep steady is Sha-256 because people are not going to sell their asics they bought before they have their loss made back.

There really should not be made any hasty decisions that influence the life and value of the coin this much.

I agree with you to not take hasty decisions, my concern is dilution, and this concern i already addressed 2 weeks ago, so it is not the first time that i've address my concern on this topic. I'm a supporter of this coin, i mine it (as you maybe can see), i'm buying it (no don't see that Smiley) and as everybody i want to make it a success. The pokergame can be really HUGE!!!! And i'm looking forward to it.

Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:37:07 PM

I agree with you to not take hasty decisions, my concern is dilution, and this concern i already addressed 2 weeks ago, so it is not the first time that i've address my concern on this topic. I'm a supporter of this coin, i mine it (as you maybe can see), i'm buying it (no don't see that Smiley) and as everybody i want to make it a success. The pokergame can be really HUGE!!!! And i'm looking forward to it.
Can you please supply us with reasons and evidence that Scrypt mining is nearing its end? And then especially evidence that it is losing hashrate in favour of scrypt-jane/scrypt-n, beacause that is what you are stating here.

pixskull

Activity: 229

We support you for as long as you need.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:12:12 PM

I don't know why there is such debate inside the forum, but yes POTcoin is having the same discussioin and supposedly because they're not switching to x11 that they feel that's why their price dropped. 

But bitcoin has yet to change it's mining, and as you can see there are more powerful chips being created and unfortunately the people with money are the big players as is anything in this world.  And Dogecoin is still going strong and they havn't changed anything, it's all about the developers, the community, and what you can use the coin for.
aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:36:27 PM

Also, personally I've never seen a coin switch algo through its life, and what problems it could cause, if you know any.  Please let us know.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:38:19 PM

you know I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been discussed but with places like Colorado having to deal with so much cash because the feds don't allow the "pot shops" to work with banks as they would any other business maybe something like this coin needs to be used for the time being....
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:46:43 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 07:09:29 PM by dopey

All this talk about switching algos, halving the coin, making drastic changes to accommodate lower volume are simply not going to happen and in my opinion is the wrong direction to take.

This coin needs more users, more retailers and more miners, simple as that!

If doesn't need to be ripped apart and rearranged to accommodate lower volume, that is not how you push growth.

We need more demand, not less supply.
We attack! We don't defend!

Demand for this coin is not something that will slowly build. It is something that will explode as soon as the right "big business" retailers are brought on board and the infrastructure is in place to allow brand new users to quickly and easily enter the marketplace.

Currently my dutch business partner from one of my real world businesses is personally visiting some childhood friends / coffeeshop owners and I am excited to see what kind of results he can produce.

Always remember to think BIG:)

dopey (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:51:50 PM

Pixskull I would like you to alpha test the API for us if possible.
Please shoot me a PM if interested.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:09:05 PM

All this talk about switching algos, halving the coin, making drastic changes to accommodate lower volume are simply not going to happen and in my opinion is the wrong direction to take.

If doesn't need to be ripped apart and rearranged to accommodate lower volume, that is not how you push growth.

Demand for this coin is not something that will slowly build. It is something that will explode as soon as the right "big business" retailers are brought on board and the infrastructure is in place to allow brand new users to quickly and easily enter the marketplace.

Currently my dutch business partner from one of my real world business's is personally visiting some childhood friends / coffeeshop owners and I am excited to see what kind of results he can produce.

I'm looking forward to the Pokersite as this can give you the more users that you are talking about. I even think it will be one of the first coins that will have his own Pokersite.
boneee

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:10:02 PM

Currently my dutch business partner from one of my real world business's is personally visiting some childhood friends / coffeeshop owners and I am excited to see what kind of results he can produce.

I have no idea if it exist or if it is even possible, but what would be great for the dopecoin (or all crypto currencies).
If there was something like a prepaid dopecoin card that you can buy for say like $50. But the card itself has no dopecoin but just $50 on it. And then when you make a transaction for say like $10, then $10 wil be taken from the card en changed to dopecoins, and with the dopecoins the retailer is payed. That would mean that if i buy a prepaid dopecard today, i can still use it next year and the card still has a value of $50.
That would mean if someone would buy a prepaid dopecard he or she would never lose money, even if the price of dopecoin has changed from the time they bod the prepaid dopecard.
Then people outside the crypto world will have more faith in buying there weed with dopecoins

Again really don't no if it exist or if it is even possible.

Greet
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:39:14 PM

I have no idea if it exist or if it is even possible, but what would be great for the dopecoin (or all crypto currencies).
If there was something like a prepaid dopecoin card that you can buy for say like $50. But the card itself has no dopecoin but just $50 on it. And then when you make a transaction for say like $10, then $10 wil be taken from the card en changed to dopecoins, and with the dopecoins the retailer is payed. That would mean that if i buy a prepaid dopecard today, i can still use it next year and the card still has a value of $50.
That would mean if someone would buy a prepaid dopecard he or she would never lose money, even if the price of dopecoin has changed from the time they bod the prepaid dopecard.
Then people outside the crypto world will have more faith in buying there weed with dopecoins

Greet

Yes, it  exists, Klondike coin is using that... but i don't know if it really helped, when you check at the price of Klondike coin then i don't think it added value... and in fact the person that sell this card is taking a risk, as he need to exchange the Dopecoins on the market anyway, no?
dopey (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:44:28 PM

Poker is almost ready to go folks, apologies for the delay as some other development projects pushed it back on the list.

Here is a sneak peak.

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

This looks very nice.... with some good marketing, we can in for a nice ride.... Is it only Dopecoin exclusive?
MissX3M

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Currently my dutch business partner from one of my real world businesses is personally visiting some childhood friends / coffeeshop owners and I am excited to see what kind of results he can produce.

Sad  Sad this coin lose all GPU miners. Why bother to mine this coin right now? next day "ASIC mining company" does same hash power in few mins.
ONLY scrypt coin that survive is LTC. sad but true.

roony

Activity: 196

Did you see the roonies on him???

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

As placebo said Pokergame will give many users to ower coin, so i think that this should be one of the primary projects!

Don't be rude, stop staring at my brows.
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:06:17 PM

Pixskull I would like you to alpha test the API for us if possible.
Please shoot me a PM if interested.

I've been emailing him back and forth about running a promo for the upcoming 4.20  Smiley

Also, I totally agree with what Dopey had to say about changing things aka ripping apart. Keep in mind once this coin finds its right retailers and the right people overall things will take off. We have the community, we have the dev's and Dopey is doing a fine job of keeping to the script.

dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:12:46 PM

Greet

Funny you should mentioned this. I used to run a BTC service like this so I'm currently looking into how to make this happen.  I'll let you know what I find . Also this could help cannabis dispensaries  as the card could be the "bank" for them instead of holding on to all that cash they just withdraw when needed . Good suggestion.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: