Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:54:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635416 times)
joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:54:42 AM

me upload now

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:12:49 AM

The new wallet is a POW/POS Hybrid with 30 second blocks for extra transaction speed, it will have 1 week POW mining at 50 reward per block and then it switches to full POS, POS staking is after 24 hours and the first year is 10% annual interest on coins held in the wallet, week to of the coins life but we'll have a SUPER HIGH period of POS where you can earn 2% A DAY interest.

There will now be a 200 million max coins, which will take another 6-7 years to complete distribution.

We'll update will full specs of the wallet and coin strategy later today.
monoxide

Activity: 774

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:20:13 AM

The new wallet is a POW/POS Hybrid with 30 second blocks for extra transaction speed, it will have 1 week POW mining at 50 reward per block and then it switches to full POS, POS staking is after 24 hours and the first year is 10% annual interest on coins held in the wallet, week to of the coins life but we'll have a SUPER HIGH period of POS where you can earn 2% A DAY interest.

There will now be a 200 million max coins, which will take another 6-7 years to complete distribution.

So is the swap rate of coins 1:1?
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:24:16 AM

So is the swap rate of coins 1:1?

That is correct, But late comers may get a worse rate as it will take a lot of work checking they didn't make the coins after the switch over

The current plan is to set up a secure webpage where they submit their old dope privkey and their new dope wallet id, we then check no coins were made after the deadline and send the new coins to the user.

Currently thinking 1 week after = 1:0.9, week 2 1:0.8 and so on.  

Any left over coins will be used to give multipool users extra to drive the price upwards, and to give bounties for new tasks like getting a vendor onboard etc.

All swap logs etc will be made public so all users can see that everything is done fair.
cryptomass

Activity: 325

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:45:08 AM

I think that only one day for the swap is not a good idea.
I know this has been talked for long but there are people who don't check the forum often, and others ready to FUD Dope for the swap.
It happened to every coin that swapped, even with longer swap time.

Would it be possible to make it 7 or 10 days, and then chick in the backup plan?
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:47:29 AM

I think that only one day for the swap is not a good idea.
I know this has been talked for long but there are people who don't check the forum often, and others ready to FUD Dope for the swap.
It happened to every coin that swapped, even with longer swap time.

Would it be possible to make it 7 or 10 days, and then chick in the backup plan?

The actual swap has to be done at a single point in time, but like I say, we're working on a back up plan to extend that via manual processing, the problem is, when we swap people will stop mining the old coin making it very easy to get coins at low diff, which they then swap to higher value new dope coins.  This is why we're doing it like this, but at the same time we don't want to leave people behind, hence working on the backup plan if they miss that window.
joehoebot

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:55:05 AM

price spike trex

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:01:37 AM

price spike trex

Nice, lets hope it continues.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:01:26 PM

You haven't told us which POW algorithm will be used? Any change?
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:05:41 PM

You haven't told us which POW algorithm will be used? Any change?

Sorry, no change, still Scrypt, got to look after our original miners for one last week Wink
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:15:04 PM

Payments on the multipool are done
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

One day for swap? Are you serious? What about people who don't read the thread every day or are not able to send their coins to the exchange today? They will lose their money, won't they?

We've been talking about it for weeks, but we're working on a backup plan.  But they will have to be done manually after this, so there will be costs involved.

Wise words!

We should also find a way to avoid people will change money minted after the "swap", it doesn't make any sense.. if most of us switch to new dope, difficulty for old dope will plummet and , just an example, a 10% penalty is way too low...
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:00:37 PM

One day for swap? Are you serious? What about people who don't read the thread every day or are not able to send their coins to the exchange today? They will lose their money, won't they?

We've been talking about it for weeks, but we're working on a backup plan.  But they will have to be done manually after this, so there will be costs involved.

Wise words!

We should also find a way to avoid people will change money minted after the "swap", it doesn't make any sense.. if most of us switch to new dope, difficulty for old dope will plummet and , just an example, a 10% penalty is way too low...

Yes, this is why we have to do the late exchanges manually, i was thinking 10% penalty for the first week, just to be fair on on users, but then every week give less, my currently plan is they send their privkey for old dope, I then send any eligible funds to their new dope address.
userpacman1

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:23:31 PM

Wise words!

Yes, this is why we have to do the late exchanges manually, i was thinking 10% penalty for the first week, just to be fair on on users, but then every week give less, my currently plan is they send their privkey for old dope, I then send any eligible funds to their new dope address.

I understand and appreciate the fairness towards users and their chance to change later at a small penalty. I'd like to know how is technically possible to discern post swap coins though. How we avoid people "cheating" mining new coins and requesting a swap later?

My and community opinion: We all want a fair restart for this coin, this coin caused us already many troubles :-)

My personal opinion: If we can't be sure new money will not be swapped, at 19gmt shut down nodes, ask exchanges to stop all "old dope" deposits and very sorry for who is late, you warned people enough..
                            Miners have interest on staying on the smaller network of the 2 dopecoins, and we should avoid such a situation, all miners MUST switch to new wallett/coin..
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:30:32 PM

Wise words!

I understand and appreciate the fairness towards users and their chance to change later at a small penalty. I'd like to know how is technically possible to discern post swap coins though. How we avoid people "cheating" mining new coins and requesting a swap later?

My and community opinion: We all want a fair restart for this coin, this coin caused us already many troubles :-)

My personal opinion: If we can't be sure new money will not be swapped, at 19gmt shut down nodes, ask exchanges to stop all "old dope" deposits and very sorry for who is late, you warned people enough..

I think we'll "play it by ear", if lots of coins are left over after the on exchange conversion then we'll make provisions for late comers.

Any coins left over will be filtered back to active dopecoin users one way or another.
4thKind

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:37:25 PM

Of course my wallet isn't synching now  Embarrassed

current addnode list anyone?

How long do I have to straighten this out?

userpacman1

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:46:38 PM

Of course my wallet isn't synching now  Embarrassed

current addnode list anyone?

How long do I have to straighten this out?

addnode=5.199.149.228
addnode=213.37.49.176
addnode=98.191.67.106
addnode=107.170.47.143
addnode=171.100.105.151
addnode=174.51.17.18
addnode=116.1.49.175
addnode=106.68.186.128
addnode=84.128.238.204
addnode=183.14.197.233
addnode=197.0.143.159
addnode=213.185.37.164
addnode=82.6.159.183
addnode=91.157.180.238
addnode=80.143.88.230
addnode=94.52.19.22
userpacman1

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:25:12 PM

Wise words!

I think we'll "play it by ear", if lots of coins are left over after the on exchange conversion then we'll make provisions for late comers.

Any coins left over will be filtered back to active dopecoin users one way or another.

I trust you man  Cheesy

Please explain me how the swap works. That's what i got but probably something is wrong.

1) 19gmt: you release new wallett, we have a brand new coin, chains can't intermingle.

2) A miner now have 2 choices: download and run new dope or stick with old one and swap coins on exchanges 1:1 (or 1:0.9 if we apply a penalty)

3) A smart miner would jump among the 2 chains according to network situation (if swap is succesfull and many people join the new coin it's a joy for the smart miner mining old dopecoin) In best of cases we have a 50%-50% network split at 1:1 (assuming both coins "produce" same amount of coins in a given time, but its not our case, new dopecoin is less inflationary if I'm not wrong, this would make mining old dope even more profitable)
aaron_m

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:29:00 PM

Wise words!

I trust you man  Cheesy

Please explain me how the swap works. That's what i got but probably something is wrong.

1) 19gmt: you release new wallett, we have a brand new coin, chains can't intermingle.
Correct

2) A miner now have 2 choices: download and run new dope or stick with old one and swap coins on exchanges 1:1 (or 1:0.9 if we apply a penalty)
kind of, miners need to move to new wallet or get less for their current coins, and 0 for any newly mined coins

3) A smart miner would jump among the 2 chains according to network situation (if swap is succesfull and many people join the new coin it's a joy for the smart miner mining old dopecoin) In best of cases we have a 50%-50% network split at 1:1 (assuming both coins "produce" same amount of coins in a given time, but its not our case, new dopecoin is less inflationary if I'm not wrong, this would make mining old dope even more profitable)
they wont be able to, all 3 exchanges are killing the old chain, we wont honer any coins made after 19:00 gmt
monoxide

Activity: 774

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

Wise words!

I trust you man  Cheesy

Correct

kind of, miners need to move to new wallet or get less for their current coins, and 0 for any newly mined coins

they wont be able to, all 3 exchanges are killing the old chain, we wont honer any coins made after 19:00 gmt

Nice workaround and good planning.

Why don't you put up a countdown clock for the ones that are not living near GMT timezone...?
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: