Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635416 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:47:19 AM

How do you not understand that this coin is currently messed up forever? These three questions will live on forever. They will never disappear. If there ever is news and excitement for this coin in the future it will get over shadowed by the following questions:

1) Did you send extra coins to an exchange as part of a secret deal?

2) Did you send extra coins to yourself during the late coming coin swap?

3) How/Why did my DopeCoins from August 2014 get stolen out of my wallet?

This coin has no future. There's no point in continuing. These questions will scare off everyone.

I have a fix though!
All you have to do is send everyone their coins. This simple act answers all three of the previous questions.

You seem really smart so I wonder... Is there some sort of problem with sending everyone their coins? I don't see any problem with it.

4thKind

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:03:46 AM

- Recommended coin swap features to prevent scams -

After watching CANN having troubles due to a coin swap, I have come up with ideas so that this problem never happens again.

There are two main features that are necessary to prevent someone from abusing DOPE with a coin swap.

1) Luckily DOPE has kept the same character "4" as the first letter in a public address. This has allowed me to successfully import my android wallet, paperwallet and windows .dat file into the new DOPE v3. This allows the person who pre-mined all of the coins for DOPE v3 to successfully and anonymously deliver all DOPE to users without any user interaction. GREAT NEWS!

2) The original DOPE v1 & v2 blockchain must be supported through a block explorer or problems will occur in the future when people want to know where coins came from.

Currently DOPE has not done either of these steps so the current coin swap is considered a SCAM

You really need to settle down.  Aaron has been working his ass off to restore DOPE and bring it new glory.   He has kept open lines of communication via this forum and the #dopecoin IRC the entire time.  I have been having issues since Friday, for whatever reason, that the 2.1 DOPEcoin client would no longer synch.   I tried everything I could to get it to synch to no avail.   I'm having trouble synching other wallets now as well so I'm sure the issue is on my end (although DOPE3 synched right up!).  Aaron was professional enough not to tell me to go fuck off and tried to help in whatever way he could through IRC even as the countdown to DOPE v3 expired.  I'm sure he was very busy at the time and had better things to do than help some nublet with his wallet.    I have MILLIONS of DOPE left in my old wallet and I'm not freaking out and acting like a little bitch. 

There is no reason for the devs to run off with anyone's coin.   There's only 4 btc holding up the order book at bittrex and I'm sure much less at allcoin and c-cex.   Aaron has not been working day and night on this wallet for a month for him and dopecoindude to run off with a couple of btc each.  I'm sure there will be complete and open transparency with the balance of leftover coin from DOPE 2.1.   Everyone knows what is at stake after watching the CNN/CANN debacle last month.   

As far as ninja launch goes.  It didn't happen.   I mined blocks with my cpu.   The diff stayed very low for at least two hours.   I think monoxide was the only one mining a gpu for quite a while (congrats dude).     Aaron was quoted in IRC as saying he didn't feel like dealing with the heat of firing up his 7990s.   

Granted, there could have been a longer timeframe for everyone to get their coins over to exchange between the time it was announced and the time it actually happened but you know what?   They needed to get this DOPE rocketship blasted off and headed toward orbit.    DOPE was mired in missed deadlines, broken promises, abandoned, and left for dead long enough.  You don't think this is the end, do you?  All this hard work that has been put in is only step 1.   DOPE's best day is ahead of it, not behind it. 

Originally, anyone who missed the swap deadline was only supposed to get .9 to 1 for their DOPE but after considering the short timeframe they decided to do  a 1  to 1 trade now for a limited timeframe.    This was the right and professional thing to do.   This whole mess doesn't hurt anyone but Aaron who has to now deal with the aggravation of doing manual swaps for people like me and defending his hard work from trolls like you.   

Also, in regards to any stake that might be minted from the holding wallet for the old coins between now and the time they are claimed, so what?   If they say those coins will be used for bounties, pegging or whatever, I believe them.   Personally, I would have no problem if they put them in their pocket because this fucker was dumpster done until they got involved.   

If you still want out, you can exchange all your coins with Aaron manually and sell them at the bid.   I hear ROScoin is coming out with an innovative new feature called Proof of Nut that you might be interested in investing your btc in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFR9yXCbTYE  (LMAO, monoxide.  Stuck in my head for days,  you bastard).   

Now, if all your concerns have been addressed, kindly STFU.

aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:05:31 AM

1) Did you send extra coins to an exchange as part of a secret deal?
No extra coins we're given to exchanges, not even sure why you would think a secret deal would be needed (paranoia much)

2) Did you send extra coins to yourself during the late coming coin swap?
I have exactly the same amount of coins I had before the swap, I've only lost money working on dope coin, paying for servers etc.

3) How/Why did my DopeCoins from August 2014 get stolen out of my wallet?
No coins were stolen, there was an exchange that was notified for over a month, users should have been keeping up to date with the thread as any sensible person with an investment would, the coin wallet is BETA, and has always says that on the splash screen, this means its your job to make sure your up to date with any changes

Is there some sort of problem with sending everyone their coins? I don't see any problem with it.

there are multiple problems with it, as explained in my post earlier, you don't just have one address, you have multiple sub addresses with change etc, then exchanges have thousands and thousands of addresses on file, its just not feasible to just send from one chain to another.  On top of that people are still mining getting easy coins from the old chain now, and will try and get them converted to the new coin after the deadline, this is why we are spending the extra time out of our lives to manually process all requests after the DEADLINE.  At least we're even still sending coins after a deadline, a deadline is normally final.

Final note: 66% of users managed to convert their coins to the new chain already.
aaron_m

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:09:29 AM

- Recommended coin swap features to prevent scams -

After watching CANN having troubles due to a coin swap, I have come up with ideas so that this problem never happens again.

There are two main features that are necessary to prevent someone from abusing DOPE with a coin swap.

1) Luckily DOPE has kept the same character "4" as the first letter in a public address. This has allowed me to successfully import my android wallet, paperwallet and windows .dat file into the new DOPE v3. This allows the person who pre-mined all of the coins for DOPE v3 to successfully and anonymously deliver all DOPE to users without any user interaction. GREAT NEWS!

2) The original DOPE v1 & v2 blockchain must be supported through a block explorer or problems will occur in the future when people want to know where coins came from.

Currently DOPE has not done either of these steps so the current coin swap is considered a SCAM

You really need to settle down.  Aaron has been working his ass off to restore DOPE and bring it new glory.   He has kept open lines of communication via this forum and the #dopecoin IRC the entire time.  I have been having issues since Friday, for whatever reason, that the 2.1 DOPEcoin client would no longer synch.   I tried everything I could to get it to synch to no avail.   I'm having trouble synching other wallets now as well so I'm sure the issue is on my end (although DOPE3 synched right up!).  Aaron was professional enough not to tell me to go fuck off and tried to help in whatever way he could through IRC even as the countdown to DOPE v3 expired.  I'm sure he was very busy at the time and had better things to do than help some nublet with his wallet.    I have MILLIONS of DOPE left in my old wallet and I'm not freaking out and acting like a little bitch. 

There is no reason for the devs to run off with anyone's coin.   There's only 4 btc holding up the order book at bittrex and I'm sure much less at allcoin and c-cex.   Aaron has not been working day and night on this wallet for a month for him and dopecoindude to run off with a couple of btc each.  I'm sure there will be complete and open transparency with the balance of leftover coin from DOPE 2.1.   Everyone knows what is at stake after watching the CNN/CANN debacle last month.   

As far as ninja launch goes.  It didn't happen.   I mined blocks with my cpu.   The diff stayed very low for at least two hours.   I think monoxide was the only one mining a gpu for quite a while (congrats dude).     Aaron was quoted in IRC as saying he didn't feel like dealing with the heat of firing up his 7990s.   

Granted, there could have been a longer timeframe for everyone to get their coins over to exchange between the time it was announced and the time it actually happened but you know what?   They needed to get this DOPE rocketship blasted off and headed toward orbit.    DOPE was mired in missed deadlines, broken promises, abandoned, and left for dead long enough.  You don't think this is the end, do you?  All this hard work that has been put in is only step 1.   DOPE's best day is ahead of it, not behind it. 

Originally, anyone who missed the swap deadline was only supposed to get .9 to 1 for their DOPE but after considering the short timeframe they decided to do  a 1  to 1 trade now for a limited timeframe.    This was the right and professional thing to do.   This whole mess doesn't hurt anyone but Aaron who has to now deal with the aggravation of doing manual swaps for people like me and defending his hard work from trolls like you.   

Also, in regards to any stake that might be minted from the holding wallet for the old coins between now and the time they are claimed, so what?   If they say those coins will be used for bounties, pegging or whatever, I believe them.   Personally, I would have no problem if they put them in their pocket because this fucker was dumpster done until they got involved.   

If you still want out, you can exchange all your coins with Aaron manually and sell them at the bid.   I hear ROScoin is coming out with an innovative new feature called Proof of Nut that you might be interested in investing your btc in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFR9yXCbTYE  (LMAO, monoxide.  Stuck in my head for days,  you bastard).   

Now, if all your concerns have been addressed, kindly STFU.

Thanks 4thKind couldn't have summed it up better myself, 1:1 will be for at least a week, we'll then re-evaluate everything.  The swap page will be live in about 6-7 hours as I'm currently at work.
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:12:03 AM

Hah, it's always funny to see each time when coin is doing great the trolls come out of their holes and begin all this FUD. But fartbags is the thickest I ever seen. Even provided explanation on every single baseless accusation of his, he continues repeating the same bullshit over and over again.

fartbags, you're beating a dead horse  Cheesy The coin is doing great, the devs are dedicated and hardworking, and we're all heading to a bright future with r without your FUD. So relax and buy yourself some DOPE while it's still cheap or go back to your hole, where you've been paid for all this fud! (probably CCN again)

2 Devs, keep up the good work and just ignore such annoying trolls as fartbags (the "ignore" button is on it's right place Wink) as they continue to wallow in mud untill their death Grin

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:33:37 AM

Hah, it's always funny to see each time when coin is doing great the trolls come out of their holes and begin all this FUD. But fartbags is the thickest I ever seen. Even provided explanation on every single baseless accusation of his, he continues repeating the same bullshit over and over again.

fartbags, you're beating a dead horse  Cheesy The coin is doing great, the devs are dedicated and hardworking, and we're all heading to a bright future with r without your FUD. So relax and buy yourself some DOPE while it's still cheap or go back to your hole, where you've been paid for all this fud! (probably CCN again)

2 Devs, keep up the good work and just ignore such annoying trolls as fartbags (the "ignore" button is on it's right place Wink) as they continue to wallow in mud untill their death Grin

Yes, looks promising , bought some Dope Smiley

I see definitely dedication and hardwork here

New wallet is great

dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:00:50 PM

Wonderful job Aaron!

You have worked incredibly hard to breath new life into this project and I respect you very much for your efforts!
3 exchanges, a month of pre warning and a contingency plan for any late to swap so that no one gets left behind is about as good as it gets.

Try to keep in mind that you cannot please everyone all the time and there will be a couple that are not happy with your actions no matter what road you take. But let me just say once again... You did a great job here man.

Looking forward to knocking out the next tasks on the roadmap.

Dopey

joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:27:41 PM

cheers dope dudes. go super-aaron!
still hodling. and will prob mine for the remaining POW. can't resist.
laters :-]

ps. can i take my coins down from trex now and put them in the new wallet? or should i wait a bit longer
ta

pps. trolls shmolls. what ya gonna do?

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
aaron_m

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:32:16 PM

cheers dope dudes. go super-aaron!
still hodling. and will prob mine for the remaining POW. can't resist.
laters :-]

ps. can i take my coins down from trex now and put them in the new wallet? or should i wait a bit longer
ta

pps. trolls shmolls. what ya gonna do?

Yes you can move back to your wallet now to start the staking process.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:45:41 PM

what is the minimum coin-age for staking?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
UKGunner

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:47:10 PM

24 Hours....

Dopecoin - In Anonymity We Trust. 4HfAmTL8oDq851kY17EaQeEEq97pTTsdBu  
CinniCoin The Future Is Now. JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:48:21 PM

24 Hours....

ok thanks   Smiley

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
aaron_m

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:53:56 PM

And max is 42 days.  So you don't have to keep open daily if you do not want, just to not miss out on any you want to open it at least once every 42 days.
userpacman1

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:57:58 PM

Hello guys, what is network hashrate on old dopecoin and on new dopecoin?

Aaron, when you have a minute to spare I'm still waiting an answer to my question "how do you discern pre swap olddopecoins from newdopecoins?"

E.G. I have 10k dopecoins, some are made pre swap, some post swap cause I tried to cheat on all of you. I want to trade them with new dope now, how do you techincally discern my coins?
aaron_m

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:03:49 PM

Aaron, when you have a minute to spare I'm still waiting an answer to my question "how do you discern pre swap olddopecoins from newdopecoins?"

E.G. I have 10k dopecoins, some are made pre swap, some post swap cause I tried to cheat on all of you. I want to trade them with new dope now, how do you techincally discern my coins?

The plan is you'll send me your privkey for dopev2, and new address from dopev3, I then manually check and send just the coins from pre swap deadline, and transfer used coins to a dopev2 bin so they cannot be claimed a second time.

Hope that helps.
userpacman1

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

The plan is you'll send me your privkey for dopev2, and new address from dopev3, I then manually check and send just the coins from pre swap deadline, and transfer used coins to a dopev2 bin so they cannot be claimed a second time.

Hope that helps.

Thanks man, pretty boring task but sounds effective  Cheesy
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:40:51 PM

Nethash on old dopecoin:

https://dope.suprnova.cc

Nethash on new dopecoin (v3):

https://dope3.suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
userpacman1

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

Nethash on old dopecoin:

https://dope.suprnova.cc

Nethash on new dopecoin (v3):

https://dope3.suprnova.cc

Right now it says 770+ mhs on old dope and 25+ mhs on new dope?
aaron_m

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:45:59 PM

I guess more people that aren't reading the thread, feel sorry for them wasting that electric, will try and find where some of the has is coming from later and warn them.
userpacman1

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:55:36 PM

I guess more people that aren't reading the thread, feel sorry for them wasting that electric, will try and find where some of the has is coming from later and warn them.

Yesterday night we had over 250 mhs on new chain and fold one was DIFF=9 (not sure how much hashrate is)
A pool may be on wrong chain, I'll help looking for it..

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: