Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 11:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509848 times)
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

I didn't mean/say it is a hype coin. But there was a hype when the price was surging, just like when bitcoin was surging. Then everything calms down, and the price settles; usually at a lower pre-hype (bubble) point.

yes ive been looking out for that too. but have you seen this much resistance to a price drop in any other coin? i mean it's always a gamble but the numbers suggest people only sell if theyre panicking. other than that sales were really slow even at 49k for quite some time. we will have some late to the party dumpers. i expected that. im also looking at that 'initial hype' graph pattern you mentioned. the thing is, if bc defies previous patterns alot of people will be kicking themselves. it's not the same. other coins do not have this kind of progress and delivery from their Dev. not to mention easy acceptance across many platforms and exchanges. many coins are still trying to get where bc has gone in a month. i wouldnt count on patterns where bc is concerned. statistics are measured based on the psychology of investors. things are a little different here as bc is in place to begin competing with bitcoin. just bitpay inclusion for web commerce will place blackcoin on even terms with bitcoin. however, blackcoin is superior to bitcoin. so i think blackcoin making it to even battleground with bitcoin can begin the process of phasing out bitcoin.

bitcoin's only comeback would be to include pos in their code. which developers are reluctant to do at this point.
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:13:17 AM

well, if now discussing ECC here doesn't get you knobheads finally banned from here i don't know it.... thanks.

chango

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:15:20 AM

Howdy everyone! Please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Clay,and I am a graduating senior at the University of Texas. I must say, it is quite the pleasure to be part of such a large, active, and continually expanding community that is blackcoin, well hell crypto currencies in general. I personally own some BTC and BC holdings(in no way do I own an amount I wish I did lol). A little bit of thanks is in order for the wonderful devs and members of the community for working diligently to bring the rest of us an amazing and useful innovation. I hope that all of your efforts are rightfully respected and rewarded in the future;it takes a special type of person to look challenge, adversity, and possible failure in the eyes and give zero f***s, and go on anyway. What brings me on here tonight, is that I see people involved in this wonderful movement moving in many directions, some proceeding forward post-haste,not looking backwards, some running off with their money bags to the bank, and some(more like many of us), not sure where exactly we stand in this whole thing. Im addressing all of us inbetweeners, our numbers are growing by the day. Our numbers grow not because we don't believe in blackcoins potential, but rather because so far many of the things in our lives seem to follow the cardinal rule, "if it seems too good to be true, it is." I understand how easy it is to see something climb up and succeed; knowing in the back of our minds that this will probably be hit down soon,its only a matter of when. I joined this community during the height of the first large spike up, and pitfall down. I read all of my research, read all of the specs, read all of the hype and detraction, and like all of us everyday folks did, i bought in waaayyy late to my liking! Of course, overnight, I watched my 2000$ i scraped together to invest turn into about $200 in a matter of 2 hours. Id imagine all of you would be saying that i must have been out of my damn mind, why on earth did i hold on to what I had, let alone what kept me from going and playing in traffic? It took me a bit of some unwanted sobering up, but then hit occurred to me what exactly I was truly dealing with.I saw a beaten, but not broken community unfazed and undazed. Instead of closing shop, they opened more doors. Instead of going quiet, they went out louder, prouder, even more excited than before. It amazes me this level of partnership between thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands and more soon, of absolute strangers, coming together with ideas and tributes, and passion;something i unfortunately can not say that I can see around me in but my humble daily life. These folks are slowly but surely building something remarkable, and are not only letting us watch it transparently, but encouraging us to be a part of turning this dream into reality. This led me to realize that I did not just walk into an investment, but rather something more. It made me realize, that I walked into a shared destiny. If there is anything I have learned from just being a part of this for the few days I have, is that despite the uncertainty that surrounds us everyday in the cryptocurrency world, and the outside normal world, that for once a community can move past barriers, move past uncertainty, do the things "we can", when others say "you can not". Devs and active supporters, keep doing what youre doing and dont look back, it, at least to me, seems apparent that people appreciate and believe in your coins' philosophy and opportunity. Whales, thank you for allowing the rest of us to buy some of the coins at a nice discount. Im all for making money, and im sure you guys will continue to do so, but every coin you sell is another opportunity for someone new to get involved. Newbies and inbetweeners, its ok to panic, and im sure you will continue to do so. Just know that you have a community that understands this, and will continue to keep working on everything. IMO, if there is anything you can do help mitigate your losses and keep this coin strong, if you MUST PANIC, sell or buy HALF of what you originally set in your mind if you see rapid movement all of a sudden. There is a chance you wont kick yourself later either way, as you kept your mind and your options open. With this coin, as well as cryptocurrencies in general, we are given a rare opportunity that many things in this world, especially in the realm of investments, don't have, the chance for EVERYONE to be a part of it, to control this thing's destiny. We can all make this useful or useless. We can make us all together rich, or throw ALL our money in a ditch

Oh man... writing a book are we? No one will read all this..

I did and I regret it Sad...

... my eyes are still bleeding
yourstruly

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

So just me, one guy, alone, dropped the value of BC and all of your holdings 20+ % in a few hours?

Do you really think I have that kind of power?

I don't.

You also have no power of prediction.

I see 10000. Not today, but soon. New coin going to sweep the market.

I'm off to bed. PM me to subscribe for buy sell calls.

Strato

Your guessing/speculation is not taken seriously, you should sham peddle your fortune telling ability elsewhere.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:17:09 AM

Howdy everyone! Please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Clay,and I am a graduating senior at the University of Texas. I must say, it is quite the pleasure to be part of such a large, active, and continually expanding community that is blackcoin, well hell crypto currencies in general. I personally own some BTC and BC holdings(in no way do I own an amount I wish I did lol). A little bit of thanks is in order for the wonderful devs and members of the community for working diligently to bring the rest of us an amazing and useful innovation. I hope that all of your efforts are rightfully respected and rewarded in the future;it takes a special type of person to look challenge, adversity, and possible failure in the eyes and give zero f***s, and go on anyway. What brings me on here tonight, is that I see people involved in this wonderful movement moving in many directions, some proceeding forward post-haste,not looking backwards, some running off with their money bags to the bank, and some(more like many of us), not sure where exactly we stand in this whole thing. Im addressing all of us inbetweeners, our numbers are growing by the day. Our numbers grow not because we don't believe in blackcoins potential, but rather because so far many of the things in our lives seem to follow the cardinal rule, "if it seems too good to be true, it is." I understand how easy it is to see something climb up and succeed; knowing in the back of our minds that this will probably be hit down soon,its only a matter of when. I joined this community during the height of the first large spike up, and pitfall down. I read all of my research, read all of the specs, read all of the hype and detraction, and like all of us everyday folks did, i bought in waaayyy late to my liking! Of course, overnight, I watched my 2000$ i scraped together to invest turn into about $200 in a matter of 2 hours. Id imagine all of you would be saying that i must have been out of my damn mind, why on earth did i hold on to what I had, let alone what kept me from going and playing in traffic? It took me a bit of some unwanted sobering up, but then hit occurred to me what exactly I was truly dealing with.I saw a beaten, but not broken community unfazed and undazed. Instead of closing shop, they opened more doors. Instead of going quiet, they went out louder, prouder, even more excited than before. It amazes me this level of partnership between thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands and more soon, of absolute strangers, coming together with ideas and tributes, and passion;something i unfortunately can not say that I can see around me in but my humble daily life. These folks are slowly but surely building something remarkable, and are not only letting us watch it transparently, but encouraging us to be a part of turning this dream into reality. This led me to realize that I did not just walk into an investment, but rather something more. It made me realize, that I walked into a shared destiny. If there is anything I have learned from just being a part of this for the few days I have, is that despite the uncertainty that surrounds us everyday in the cryptocurrency world, and the outside normal world, that for once a community can move past barriers, move past uncertainty, do the things "we can", when others say "you can not". Devs and active supporters, keep doing what youre doing and dont look back, it, at least to me, seems apparent that people appreciate and believe in your coins' philosophy and opportunity. Whales, thank you for allowing the rest of us to buy some of the coins at a nice discount. Im all for making money, and im sure you guys will continue to do so, but every coin you sell is another opportunity for someone new to get involved. Newbies and inbetweeners, its ok to panic, and im sure you will continue to do so. Just know that you have a community that understands this, and will continue to keep working on everything. IMO, if there is anything you can do help mitigate your losses and keep this coin strong, if you MUST PANIC, sell or buy HALF of what you originally set in your mind if you see rapid movement all of a sudden. There is a chance you wont kick yourself later either way, as you kept your mind and your options open. With this coin, as well as cryptocurrencies in general, we are given a rare opportunity that many things in this world, especially in the realm of investments, don't have, the chance for EVERYONE to be a part of it, to control this thing's destiny. We can all make this useful or useless. We can make us all together rich, or throw ALL our money in a ditch

Welcome to the Blackcoin community. This is a long term investment so please take a seat and enjoy the ride.

I can say that there are plans in the works which could dramatically increase the long term value of Blackcoin, so I will not be selling my holdings. The advice I'll give to others is based on what I did myself.

I bought Blackcoins when they were around 5000 satoshi or less. I bought a very small amount, and when the price rose to a point where for 10% of my shares I could take my initial investment off the table I did that.

When it went to 10,000 and above I didn't have any risk of loss. I took my initial investment off the table and was able to enjoy the dramatic rise. When it reached 60,000 satoshi I bought some more with the intention of waiting until it's 100,000-200,000 satoshi and taking some profit again.

People who invest should have patience, it's just as likely to reach 100,000 satoshi as it was to reach 10,000 satoshi from the 5000 satoshi I bought in at. You have to know when to take your profit off the table and once you do that then you can focus exclusively on doing the work necessary to bring Blackcoin to new heights and believe me it's going there.

Since you came into it just recently my advice to you would be not to take your profit right now and just wait it out if you have faith that the community which includes you and others can bring the price and value of Blackcoin up to a point where you can cash out some of your shares and have $2000 while still keeping the majority of your holdings.

Here is some advice though to maximize your investment, figure out what you can do to open more doors for Blackcoin so that it becomes more valuable. If you can accept it then accept it. If you can write code then go write useful apps. If you can make a website then make a website. If you don't have this kind of expertise then introduce people to each other.

Something everyone here can do.

1. Come up with 1 good carefully thought up idea which can increase the value of Blackcoin long term.
2. Set a goal to introduce at least 1 new person a week to Blackcoin.
3. Set a goal to introduce at least one highly skilled, talented person to another highly skilled, talented person in the Blackcoin community.

Keep figuring out how to market Blackcoin, keep coming up with new ideas, keep introducing people to each other, and keep pushing forward.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

We also still need more sites, a lot of us developers are working on releasing projects but we still could use: multi-sig escrow site or software to make it easier for merchants to take BC.

Once I get my project rolling I will be using the profits to fund other BC related projects. So get started working on your ideas.

Luckybit

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:21:41 AM

Oh yeah and one more thing, don't dump your coins. If you have to take some profits off the table wait until the price is high enough where you keep 90% of your shares to get your initial investment.

If you sell most of your shares you're hurting your future self by removing opportunities you could have if the price does go up to $1, or $5. Think about this, if you have enough Blackcoins right now where you could pay yourself a years worth in salary then you should not dump.

If you can live off your Blackcoin holdings at $5, or at $1, then why dump for 25 cents? Don't be the guy who spent his Bitcoins on Pizza.

Coinler

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:23:06 AM

blackcoin needs POS integration. no not proof-of-stake.. Point of Sale. so we can get blackcoin accepted at retail outlets. we also need to find a way to offer competitive prices for electronics etc for  blackcoin buyers/investors. maybe we can look also at merchants who are already into crypto. like tigerdirect and overstock.com. try to see if we can get them interested in also accepting blackcoin.
Luckybit

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:24:35 AM

We also still need more sites, a lot of us developers are working on releasing projects but we still could use: multi-sig escrow site or software to make it easier for merchants to take BC.

Once I get my project rolling I will be using the profits to fund other BC related projects. So get started working on your ideas.

We need a mailing list then. Developers need to know each other. Also there are some really brilliant ideas floating around which I'm not going to discuss in public but developers may be needed in the near future.

We have to think of Blackcoin as a decentralized autonomous corporation. It's a crypto-business, our faith in each other and hard work is what gives the black tokens value.

blackcoin needs POS integration. no not proof-of-stake.. Point of Sale. so we can get blackcoin accepted at retail outlets. we also need to find a way to offer competitive prices for blackcoin buyers. maybe we can look also at merchants who are already into crypto. like tigerdirect and overstock.com. try to see if we can get them interested in also accepting blackcoin.

+1

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:26:25 AM

blackcoin should make more gambling sites. i see BC s the 4-5 coins used for gambling a year from now
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:27:29 AM

blackcoin needs POS integration. no not proof-of-stake.. Point of Sale. so we can get blackcoin accepted at retail outlets. we also need to find a way to offer competitive prices for electronics etc for  blackcoin buyers/investors. maybe we can look also at merchants who are already into crypto. like tigerdirect and overstock.com. try to see if we can get them interested in also accepting blackcoin.

Coinkite is going to implement BC into their point of sale system. It is coming in the near future.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:28:47 AM

blackcoin should make more gambling sites. i see BC s the 4-5 coins used for gambling a year from now

Blackcoin should? You mean the protocol should do things?

We, the community have to make the infrastructure if we want it. If you want to see more gambling sites, I recommend you either start putting together a group to make them or look into investing in some people with the ability and desire to make them.

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:29:58 AM

Another coin however will be a big mover and shaker in the next week. It's not BC.
Safecoin probably.

On another note, I love the "Blackcoin effect". Motivated and active devs, interesting ideas (eg. BlackCoin Card), some tech innovation (PoS, transaction speed), supportive community etc. I guess you need that for a successful coin.

But is it enough?
I understand first mover advantage actually works for the first mover... which in this case is BTC. Minor first movers might not bring enough to the table to overthrow the leader. Sure, BC is superior to BTC in every aspect, technically. But it can be copied. It can be improved. Who would be able to stop the talented and well connected neighbour to introduce a Blackerthanblackcoin that will confirm transactions in 5 seconds, be anonymous and get accepted by Amazon?

I'm still holding my coins, but I'm unsure whether BC can stick out enough in this ocean of alts...

We need promotion. TONS of it.
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:30:28 AM

We need a mailing list then. Developers need to know each other. Also there are some really brilliant ideas floating around which I'm not going to discuss in public but developers may be needed in the near future.

We have to think of Blackcoin as a decentralized autonomous corporation. It's a crypto-business, our faith in each other and hard work is what gives the black tokens value.

There is already a thread on the subreddit calling together developers but I love the idea of a dev mailing list.

Coinler

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:30:53 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 09:45:35 AM by Coinler

also the multipool should offer more prizes. the knc miner prize is expensive and a nice prize. but im sure as in my case im mining but im not expecting to win anything since only one will win. i find game codes, gift certificates, computer hardware and maybe things like usb miners could serve as nice giveaways for the pool. we could offer the prizes based on loyalty. mine for one week get prize1.. mine for 4 weeks get better prize and so on. to keep and grow the multipool. expensive prizes we should give to the miner who covers the most uptime on bcpool over a period of 6 or more months.

EDIT: oh yeah.. i mean more prizes. more cheaper prizes rather than just one expensive prize.. so many ppl can win something. groups of 100(cheapest prize), 50, 10. 5 and 1 the most expensive prize for the most loyal miner over the longest period of time.
B737

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:31:17 AM

Any advice if I have an idea but don't have the resources/knowledge to program it?
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:32:40 AM

SMH....pages and pages of market analysis, and very few posts about projects that help improve the value and/or brand awareness of BC. KryptoKings was able to get MadBitCoins to talk about BlackCoin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDW5yMbWd_E and most people just ignored it and focused on the charts. We should have been posting that link everywhere to make it go viral. Any news or mention of BlackCoin is good. There is just too much focus on market movement and the multi-pool. I could care less about the price of BC since I am a long term holder, and the multi-pool is not the magic solution to help sustain BC. Everyone assumes people that mine with the pool hold their BC and do not sell, do not assume that. If we as a community want this coin to be successful then the mentality around here has to change fast.

1. Stop posting current market data here, it serves absolutely no purpose.

2. Stop panicking when the price goes down, and stop acting like we won the Superbowl when the price goes up.

3. Everyone needs to start pitching in and help come up with solutions to improve BC. If you are not tech savvy then donate to projects and/or help spread the word about BC.

4. New...news...news!!! Every time we issue a press release the price of BC shoots up. To remain relevant you have to keep people talking about you. It doesn't matter if it is positive or negative, as long as they are talking. The web should be flooded with BC news!

5. Email Mintpal ask them to give BC its own pair BC/Doge.

6. Email Vault Of Satoshi ask them to add BlackCoin to their service.

7. Make videos of BlackCoin and share with family and friends.

The reason why Doge has been able to stay "relevant" even though Doge was first created as a joke is because the community is very active. They raise money and Doge is all over the place.

You guys can either take my advice or you can ignore me and continue trying to predict which way the market will move.

But I firmly believe "If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always gotten".

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:33:08 AM

Another coin however will be a big mover and shaker in the next week. It's not BC.

On another note, I love the "Blackcoin effect". Motivated and active devs, interesting ideas (eg. BlackCoin Card), some tech innovation (PoS, transaction speed), supportive community etc. I guess you need that for a successful coin.

But is it enough?
I understand first mover advantage actually works for the first mover... which in this case is BTC. Minor first movers might not bring enough to the table to overthrow the leader. Sure, BC is superior to BTC in every aspect, technically. But it can be copied. It can be improved. Who would be able to stop the talented and well connected neighbour to introduce a Blackerthanblackcoin that will confirm transactions in 5 seconds, be anonymous and get accepted by Amazon?

I'm still holding my coins, but I'm unsure whether BC can stick out enough in this ocean of alts...

We need promotion. TONS of it.

If you think we need more promotion, then you need to do more than just talk about you, you need to start organising it.

We also are clearly sticking out of the sea of alts, we have been around a very short time and are usually 3rd in daily volume of all cryptocurrencies. We are about to be added to Coinkites point of sale system. And much more. We clearly have something very special. We also have had immense growth in both community and price. Those looking at short time price simply have no perspective.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:34:36 AM

Any advice if I have an idea but don't have the resources/knowledge to program it?

You can share it with the community in the sub reddit.

Try to organize and convince developers with the ability to accomplish it that it is a good idea. If you start piecing together more than an idea and are acting on it I might be interested in investing.

ManMachine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:47:09 AM

I mailed to ~20 shops in Germany! (mostly skater and hip hop culture shops!)
I got an answer allready from one shop! They said they will lock at it and tell me if they want to include it as a payment method!
Most of the shops use Paypal,so we have to point out that with BC you dont have fees when you recieving money!
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: