Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

Hi all

I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590322.0 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

And just to promote my service a bit here's a quick graphic I did for the podcast tomorrow. *Notice the rocket and the moon  Wink

+1

GJ keep up the good work...

Thanks man !

Beauty once again Smiley
Thanks for the feedback. Look out for more graphics to come.  Smiley

Nice job! Here's some more (hopefully useful) feedback, if you want it. How about having the main color being black to match with blackcoin's image? And perhaps the text and main image could be larger within the image to make it stand out more.

Im supporting Blackcoin myself. I thought i will drop my two coins here. You creating stuff for blackcoins- so please visit this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590906.0  and ad yourselve to get more customers.

I will get involved in blackcoin project soon and will announce what i have in mind.
If you need more info please do not hesitate to PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:38:29 PM

We are having a live telecast of the Community Manager and Multipool Dev team answering questions this Thursday at 7pm, Do you guys even Know that?

Iconic I personally pm you and one more time would like to speak to you before the telecast Q&A. Ive said it before you are very passionate and have brought allot of projects to the table. It is important that we talk about your projects and this current situation.  In my humble opinion, For the good of the community this misunderstandings have to stop.

I'm trying to arrange a meeting with u today so that we can all be on the same page moving forward.  Everyone wants the best for BlackCoin.We just have to come together to promote BlackCoin.

Please PM Wizfarm in IRC.

Thanks

Please replay with your questions for the live event, Im still not getting a response from Iconic

Keep sending your questions we are 24hrs Away
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

Why are we using women? It seems trashy and gives BlackCoin a bad image.

Lets face it sex sells and almost every brand uses sex to sell. Women all dressed alike will garner the attention of everyone and that is what we want. The women will be dressed in black BlackCoin T-Shirts and black jeans or leggings. They will not be dressed trashy, nor will anything inappropriate be exposed. It will be tasteful and the women we hire will have a certain professionalism. No matter if you agree with using women or not, men love to see attractive women. And men will stop and talk, interact with the women, and of course take pictures. By the end of the day BlackCoin Beauty pics and videos will be all over the net.

lol, did people really complain about that?  
I think those girls are the priority of the whole event, they can make or break the whole thing, they are the stewards of the event after all.  The prettier and more elegant they are the more pictures you will find on the internet.  Hire models that do car shows, top pro-style, but then probably you'll need more donations?  Grin
bluestskies

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

Lets face it sex sells and almost every brand uses sex to sell. Women all dressed alike will garner the attention of everyone and that is what we want. The women will be dressed in black BlackCoin T-Shirts and black jeans or leggings. They will not be dressed trashy, nor will anything inappropriate be exposed. It will be tasteful and the women we hire will have a certain professionalism. No matter if you agree with using women or not, men love to see attractive women. And men will stop and talk, interact with the women, and of course take pictures. By the end of the day BlackCoin Beauty pics and videos will be all over the net.

Good point about the pictures. I didn't think about that. You should let the ladies know to use a specific hashtag when guys are posting up the pic. Come up with a good one like #blackcointakeover or something. Smiley Have 1 lady hold up a huge sign with #blackcointakeover so any random bystander who takes a pic will have the correct hashtag or QR code.

good ideas!!

just brainstorming a bit but to add, iconic mentioned earlier a possibility was to go big and maybe do a $$ giveaway in blackcoin or something as a promo that day. maybe after a hashtag is decided upon, we can do a smaller giveaway for those who tweet with that hashtag (can that even be tracked to do?). Just thinking of how it can get trending/more exposure virally. or do a QR code or something that directs them to the blackcoin facebook page and a giveaway will be done for those who 'like' it? First thing's first is getting the funds to even do the Wall St. even but just thinking out loud!
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:45:49 PM

Hi all

I've just opened a web and logo design service here on Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590322.0 and I'm allowing people to pay in BlackCoin.

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

And just to promote my service a bit here's a quick graphic I did for the podcast tomorrow. *Notice the rocket and the moon  Wink

+1

GJ keep up the good work...

Thanks man !

Beauty once again Smiley
Thanks for the feedback. Look out for more graphics to come.  Smiley

Nice job! Here's some more (hopefully useful) feedback, if you want it. How about having the main color being black to match with blackcoin's image? And perhaps the text and main image could be larger within the image to make it stand out more.

Im supporting Blackcoin myself. I thought i will drop my two coins here. You creating stuff for blackcoins- so please visit this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590906.0  and ad yourselve to get more customers.

I will get involved in blackcoin project soon and will announce what i have in mind.
If you need more info please do not hesitate to PM me.
Okay thanks man I will
ToBoGe9

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:48:43 PM

Wall Street Takeover Update

Instead of replying to multiple comments, I decided to address some concerns in one post.

Why not move this to Times Square?
Been there, done that. My favorite place to have a drink is the Living Room Bar @ The W Hotel Times Square. I am a regular there and as many of you know that area is flooded with people. There is something going on there almost everyday. The problem is 50 women in Times Square will not garner the same attention as Wall Street. Also, as I pointed out we want the backdrop of Wall Street in our photos and videos. We want to associate BlackCoin with wealth. If we really wanted attention we could also give away $5000 worth of BlackCoins to some random person.

This is a waste of money, why are we doing this?
You have to spend money to make money. Yes we could place an ad in a magazine or a newspaper, and yes we could send out dozens of press releases. But this is something that will create instant buzz and give BC notoriety. It shows that this community can think out the box and we are not just another alt coins. It sends a message to the crypto community BlackCoin is on another level.

Will the women be able to explain BlackCoin?
This is not a "lets educate Wall Street about BlackCoin" campaign. We could care less if the women will be effective at explaining the mechanics of BlackCoin. Lets be honest, half the people who are invested in BlackCoin could not effectively explain the mechanics of BlackCoin. That is why the women will have sell sheets and the cards. People who receive the sell sheets and cards will eventually do their own research when they are winding down and near a computer. The purpose of this event is to attract the attention of the media, and using the images/videos to go viral.

How do we know you can pull this off?
It has already been pointed out I have a huge ego. Roll Eyes So my ego will not allow me to do anything less than a successful event. At the end of the day I want this to be perfect because it increases the value of my portfolio as well.

What if it is successful but we do not get the media attention we wanted?
We tried and that is all that matters. We can keep doing the same thing everyone else has been doing, or we can continue setting the bar higher. To be successful you have to take risks. If you are not willing to take risks then crypto is not for you.

We have a chance here to make history. If another coin copies us, we will still be the first to have done it. I say lets go make rypto history!!!

Below is the donation addresses (Please make sure you use the addresses from this original post or my signature only. Previously scammers have attempted to replace donation addresses with their own addresses when replying to the post.

Donation addresses:

BC: BQQsUdYaqCGUDhdXPADto1gKwvEA2a92TP
BTC: 12jhNVMj5kk7akem2wxDwnpQvGdro3NzJ4
LTC: LT4hiypMuPLYQT2gu3gdMjvAMqhC1w12yJ
DOGE: DRJnZVTP64phDfdoWu5VnKUUSM7p8Tf4MT

Iconic, I really love the work you do for BC. In my opinion you are doing a fantastic job. Also the way you reply to all the crap people are saying to you, is done very superb. I hope you will ever get the reward you deserve.

you are totally right
srr for the bad english
I have send you some LTC, it's not much, but I believe in this coin
sorry for the bad english
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:50:19 PM

I'm a coin holder, and I stake my coins almost all day!  Grin Got to protect my Blackcoins!

I'm also staking constantly.. even though 1 % is measly .. gotta support the network.

Network weight is 18m atm.  So you will need a lot more than 5 coins..

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:53:34 PM

I don't understand this at all. Is it supposed to be funny? Is an attempt at trolling?

Information

It fails at its purpose if that's the case, cause it is genuinely confusing. But from looking at your past history it seems you think it would be relatively easy to pull of a 51% attack on a PoS coin. If that's the case why not try an intelligent discussion?

A PoS coin is susceptible to an attack, just like PoW. However, the means of performing the attack would be much simpler. The main weakness comes from most coin holders do not (and will probably never) stake their coins in the long run.

If there are 100 coins in circulation(for example) and only 4 coins staked, that would only require 5 staked coins to perform an attack. That is how a PoS attack would be performed, having over 51% of the staked coins.

Meanwhile, PoW requires 51% of the network hash. This makes it much more impractical to destroy a coin. Neither attacks have been successfully performed to destroy a coin, but PoS attacks would be much easier.

Any coin is vulnerable to an attack.. Just like any Bank can be heisted. Just takes the right person or group to perform the attack. Never say Never. So I agree with you 100% on this.

Yes, but I am trying to emphasize how much easier it is for PoS coins. There is not enough incentive, at the moment, for coin holders to stake their coins.
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:54:17 PM

I don't understand this at all. Is it supposed to be funny? Is an attempt at trolling?

Information

It fails at its purpose if that's the case, cause it is genuinely confusing. But from looking at your past history it seems you think it would be relatively easy to pull of a 51% attack on a PoS coin. If that's the case why not try an intelligent discussion?

well if someone did pull this off.. i guess thatll teach people to sell cheap eh? but that's fine cuz there arent that many coins ;p theyd have to sell small portions at a time contributing to the spread and theyd eventually run out of stock. they cant hold the price down forever. so see them as a major investor.. good shit lol
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

Hi all

My rates are :
700 BC for a Logo
2200 BC for a Website

And just to promote my service a bit here's a quick graphic I did for the podcast tomorrow. *Notice the rocket and the moon  Wink

very nice send me your pm I have work 4u
PM Sent!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:57:36 PM

Good point about the pictures. I didn't think about that. You should let the ladies know to use a specific hashtag when guys are posting up the pic. Come up with a good one like #blackcointakeover or something. Smiley Have 1 lady hold up a huge sign with #blackcointakeover so any random bystander who takes a pic will have the correct hashtag or QR code.

good ideas!!

just brainstorming a bit but to add, iconic mentioned earlier a possibility was to go big and maybe do a $$ giveaway in blackcoin or something as a promo that day. maybe after a hashtag is decided upon, we can do a smaller giveaway for those who tweet with that hashtag (can that even be tracked to do?). Just thinking of how it can get trending/more exposure virally. or do a QR code or something that directs them to the blackcoin facebook page and a giveaway will be done for those who 'like' it? First thing's first is getting the funds to even do the Wall St. even but just thinking out loud!

Could just randomly add BC to BlackCards handed out that day? 1 lucky guy gets 1000 BC. 2 with 500 BC. 4 with 250 BC. At the worst, you get a bunch of people figuring out how to check their balances in their BC wallet.

Actually I think every Blackcard should have some BC. Like 10? Then they can see how awesome staking works. Unlike our altcoin competitors, you don't have to wait 2 days or 2 weeks to see it happen. Cheesy

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
bluestskies

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:59:55 PM

Information

A PoS coin is susceptible to an attack, just like PoW. However, the means of performing the attack would be much simpler. The main weakness comes from most coin holders do not (and will probably never) stake their coins in the long run.

If there are 100 coins in circulation(for example) and only 4 coins staked, that would only require 5 staked coins to perform an attack. That is how a PoS attack would be performed, having over 51% of the staked coins.

Meanwhile, PoW requires 51% of the network hash. This makes it much more impractical to destroy a coin. Neither attacks have been successfully performed to destroy a coin, but PoS attacks would be much easier.

Any coin is vulnerable to an attack.. Just like any Bank can be heisted. Just takes the right person or group to perform the attack. Never say Never. So I agree with you 100% on this.

Yes, but I am trying to emphasize how much easier it is for PoS coins. There is not enough incentive, at the moment, for coin holders to stake their coins.

but "much easier" is relative. That could still be incredibly difficult in a wider frame and is almost impossible to measure.

I think what is starting to change is *that* is the incentive in itself...you stake to protect your investment. It's why I do. I mean say, for example, why would someone put money in a savings account instead of in a drawer in an apartment? Interest is fractions of a percent. I just want to keep my money 'safe' from say a fire or a robber or other 'attacks'.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:00:14 PM

good ideas!!

Could just randomly add BC to BlackCards handed out that day? 1 lucky guy gets 1000 BC. 2 with 500 BC. 4 with 250 BC. At the worst, you get a bunch of people figuring out how to check their balances in their BC wallet.

All great ideas...and I am okay with whatever the community decides.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:02:38 PM

Very good idea! Actually we can put it on the T-Shirts once we agree on the hashtag. This is the kind of brainstorming we need....
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:06:15 PM

good ideas!!

Actually I think every Blackcard should have some BC. Like 10? Then they can see how awesome staking works. Unlike our altcoin competitors, you don't have to wait 2 days or 2 weeks to see it happen. Cheesy
Really like that one! So this could be some kind of a win-win lottery actually. Everybody wins but few will get more then the others - and if you mention this while giving them cards I guess even more people will try to use it!

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
bluestskies

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:07:30 PM

good ideas!!

All great ideas...and I am okay with whatever the community decides.

Maybe both (pending donations and other opinions of course). We could have each one loaded with 5 or 10 bc, and a few with more as bigger prizes. Like you said, they'd have to load em up to see how much they won, which means checking us out not only in person, but again when they got back to work or got home. The one advantage of connecting social media is just wider exposure. If they have to like us on facebook to get whatever prize it is, everyone on their feed will see they liked us too and expanding our visibility.
Xuorc

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

+1. I like this idea.  Will happily donate a little extra BC to load up the cards.  Grin

Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:08:55 PM

Information

but "much easier" is relative. That could still be incredibly difficult in a wider frame and is almost impossible to measure.

I think what is starting to change is *that* is the incentive in itself...you stake to protect your investment. It's why I do. I mean say, for example, why would someone put money in a savings account instead of in a drawer in an apartment? Interest is fractions of a percent. I just want to keep my money 'safe' from say a fire or a robber or other 'attacks'.

You are comparing your incentive to stake coins towards everyone else's and, even worse, the issues with FIAT money. I have no fear of a robber or fire resulting in loss of my coins.

Most holders are constantly switching their coins around while trying to catch the next train.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

Very good idea! Actually we can put it on the T-Shirts once we agree on the hashtag. This is the kind of brainstorming we need....
Hey Iconic,

Just an idea. Why not draft a short introduction "booklet" that gives some basic information on BlackCoin and crypto's in general. It needn't be too long only 3 or so pages would be fine, just to introduce people into crypto's. You could have the girls give out the booklet just to random people as they walk by to so that they may read it on their own later and educate themselves a bit about BlackCoin and crypto's.

ddeaNewtOn

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:16:20 PM

Everyone, lets vote for the future of BlackCoin and send a clear message to that Marketing Guy:

http://poll.pollcode.com/49577227

Vote for IconicExpert, this guy made so much for this community and for this coin and is being bashed by some official guys???

LETS VOTE FOR THE BRIGHT FUTURE OF BLACKCOIN

Another poll.. really? You do realize these things can be easily manipulated right~
Pages: « 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: