Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
lovelyrice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:54:59 PM

Hey guys, what can we do to get more miners back to the multipool?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mellomike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:56:18 PM

BlackCoin Card Software Sneak Peek

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

Now I would like to share some information about the software that is pre-loaded on each card.

Q: What is the Blackcoin Card and the software loaded on it?

A: The BlackCoin card aka CEX Card (Cyrpto-currency Express Card ) is an 8 gig or more USB wafer with special software pre-loaded on it. I realized that the average person interested in using crypto will have a difficult time with all of the steps involved with getting started. So I developed software similar to a "CD-Rom Start Menu" with everything in one place. So when the end-user inserts the USB wafer the start menu automatically launches and the end-user is presented with everything he/she will need to get started.

The cards are pre-loaded with the standard BlackCoin wallet, and the custom software I developed will automatically update the wallet client as needed. The end-user will never have to worry about downloading software and updates. Also, the blockchain is loaded on the card so the end-user can use the card on any PC without having to wait hours to download the entire blockchain. I do recommend that the card be inserted a few times a week to keep the blockchain fairly updated.

I also realized that the average individual needs to be tech savvy to use paper wallets, so I have eliminated the need for paper wallets. The cards can be used for both hot and cold storage!

Q: How do I use the card?

A: The user inserts the card into any Windows PC via the USB port. The start menu executes automatically and the end-user is presented with a wealth of information and options. The end-user can then transfer funds to the wallet software pre-loaded on the card as they would normally on their desktop. Once the funds are transferred and the wallet is encrypted, the end-user can take the card on the go.

Q: Can I use the BlackCoin card at my local store?

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family. 

The software I developed is dynamic and can be updated in real time. The software can remain up to date without having to update the core components. However, there is also functionality to update the entire application if needed. I will upload more photos after last minute tweaks are finished. Please note the tweaks do not affect shipping since the software that is pre-loaded on the cards updates automatically and does not have to be 100% perfect before shipping.

Iconic .. I normally don't agree with all your tactics, but this is amazing! Keep up the great work.
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:56:39 PM

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

Now I would like to share some information about the software that is pre-loaded on each card.

A: The BlackCoin card aka CEX Card (Cyrpto-currency Express Card ) is an 8 gig or more USB wafer with special software pre-loaded on it. I realized that the average person interested in using crypto will have a difficult time with all of the steps involved with getting started. So I developed software similar to a "CD-Rom Start Menu" with everything in one place. So when the end-user inserts the USB wafer the start menu automatically launches and the end-user is presented with everything he/she will need to get started.

The cards are pre-loaded with the standard BlackCoin wallet, and the custom software I developed will automatically update the wallet client as needed. The end-user will never have to worry about downloading software and updates. Also, the blockchain is loaded on the card so the end-user can use the card on any PC without having to wait hours to download the entire blockchain. I do recommend that the card be inserted a few times a week to keep the blockchain fairly updated.

I also realized that the average individual needs to be tech savvy to use paper wallets, so I have eliminated the need for paper wallets. The cards can be used for both hot and cold storage!

A: The user inserts the card into any Windows PC via the USB port. The start menu executes automatically and the end-user is presented with a wealth of information and options. The end-user can then transfer funds to the wallet software pre-loaded on the card as they would normally on their desktop. Once the funds are transferred and the wallet is encrypted, the end-user can take the card on the go.

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family. 

The software I developed is dynamic and can be updated in real time. The software can remain up to date without having to update the core components. However, there is also functionality to update the entire application if needed. I will upload more photos after last minute tweaks are finished. Please note the tweaks do not affect shipping since the software that is pre-loaded on the cards updates automatically and does not have to be 100% perfect before shipping.

As fellow professional (although not much into software for "everybody" but a special business niche) I must say that i like it, looking really smooth and easy to use, people will love that soscial media integration.
I'd like to offer my help in case there is demand for German localization, feel free to PM/send me resource files for translation.
What IDE/language did you use?

IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:56:48 PM

AWESOME. Where do I order?

You can order a card here: http://www.blackcoincard.com
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:58:22 PM

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

tell them about the KnC miner Compo !!!

Join the pool be an entrant!!
already back in with a few rented rigs and told others to do so.
even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

Agreed.  We need to get back to the basics - which were working fine - and end all the meaningless posturing and bickering on all sides.

++++ Plus, plus, plus.

Also this has presented BlackCoin with a golden -and so far missed- opportunity to make clear and differentiate itself from the clones by making a public, official statement with reassurances about the security and safety of BlackCoin, something in the vein of "...and this is why something like what happened in WC could never happened to BlackCoin". Not having it simply leaves such occurrence as a likely possibility in people's minds.

Same exact thing applies to the Pool. No, without a proper front end, no major amount of miners is coming back any time soon: It looks sloppy, at the moment. Stats that compare the Pool, in the link, to just about the least regarded coins in the market, doesn't benefit the perception either. And same for the lack of clear resolve of the situation that brought it to it's knees over a week ago... something reassuring such as an automatic switch to back up pools that won't require miner's intervention when another attack -and surely we can count on more coming- happens, whatever shielding tech measures have been taken: Reassurance.
It'd be nice also to make public the strategy of the pool's selection. Who's deciding what to mine? Are we throwing darts on the wall of is there someone that really knows what he's doing behind it? what's the criteria? why is it better that just mine Litecoins and then buy BC with them. Or is it really better? Proof of such?

Those are some of the differentiating basics that brought BC to it's extraordinary success in  a few weeks. Instead of reinforcing and solidifying them, we seem to be much more interested in challenging the government of Cambodia, creating lotteries (taking 50% off the top; nothing wrong with lotteries, a lot wrong with taking 50% off the top) or "taking" Wall Street to evidence, publicly, just hype and no substance.

But hey, ra-ra-fucking ra...

Rat4 posted today about an update on testnet. Seemed fairly major.. but I don't know. It's likely he's improving the system further. Smiley

You need some hype to go with substance. Otherwise all the short term traders hop off,.. and there are a lot of those in crypto.
tprogex

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:59:13 PM

Chnage POS to POW Wink
Troj

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:02:42 PM

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

+1 that's for sure we need a working stats page!
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:02:54 PM

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family.  

As fellow professional (although not much into software for "everybody" but a special business niche) I must say that i like it, looking really smooth and easy to use, people will love that soscial media integration.
I'd like to offer my help in case there is demand for German localization, feel free to PM/send me resource files for translation.

Hi thank you for your comments. I use a fairly unknown language called Euphoria for rapid application development. And then I convert to C and compile. The plan is to localize in 5 different languages once we have a few weeks of feedback.
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

card ordered. great idea.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:05:26 PM

card ordered. great idea.

Thank you!
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:09:44 PM

everyone should chip in for extra prizes. I can add 5000 bc to the prize pool if others are willing to add. If the community all chips in, they will compete for a higher hash rate. Our investment will easily pay for itself. Please start a thread in the reddit page. knc miner competition starts tomorrow.
colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:11:50 PM

Fancy a little fun?

@CryptoDabbler
I'm giving 100 #BlackCoin to the person who guesses the CLOSEST Buy price at 14:00 BST on Tuesday 5th May 2014. Predictions please!

You MUST make your prediction via twitter reply - do not predict on BitCoinTalk thread - use this twitter link!

https://twitter.com/CryptoDabbler/status/461881918527918080

RETWEET!
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family.  

Hi thank you for your comments. I use a fairly unknown language called Euphoria for rapid application development. And then I convert to C and compile. The plan is to localize in 5 different languages once we have a few weeks of feedback.

Looks even better then I imagined IE, awesome work!

Also, if you need a Dutch translation, hit me up Smiley

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:16:37 PM

nice. let me know if you need any help with the translation, will surely find some spare time Smiley

Oh, i forgot the most important question i had:
If i understood it correctly you are storing the blockchain file on the card. In case the card runs of out spacee == the blockchain file does becomes too big one day, what's the idea?
are you going to
use some compression + local cache
a secured connection to an online blockchain file/server
possibility of a custom location for the blockchain file (and maybe a built-in OpenVPN client, so the user can e.g. connect to their own sever)

A it is for the casual user it should be easy, so probably the best thing would be a to give them a new card with a discount for recurring customers or so if there isn't an easy AND suecre workaround.
Should be some time until that becomes an issue, but i can't be wrong to think about it already Cheesy

brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:19:54 PM

The pool should update to something like our competitions pool. http://cinnimultipool.com/  They already have x11 too in this multipool, workers set up just like most pools out there. I think people like to watch what's going on when they mine, not just let it run.

Also, the pool should be getting a writeup, especially when verision 2 is out. It's all about hype and marketing, like i keep saying, that 95% of your effort, no matter how awesome and cool it is, and we respect it here, will not be seen or cared about at all unless marketing is done.

Please take notice of a kittiecoin, they are prime example of trying to really build a good team and work on the coin infrastructure, yet forget main point, there memes and marketing. They failed and fell on there faces hard, where DOGE was doing great. They choose to work on coin, instead of work on hype. Just saying, we need both of course, but missing the very important hype/marketing is what will do a coin in. Doge gets it.
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:20:25 PM

https://mywl.lt/voting/

Keep voting!
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:21:50 PM

I need your help!!! Everyone has been asking for us to focus and get back on track. I am only one man and there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want. Please take a few minutes and post the link to this announcement around the web. Post in every troll box on every exchange, IRC, Twitter, other forums, and everywhere else you can. We need to let the rest of the crypto-community know that this is just the beginning for BlackCoin and more is soon to come!!!

brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

Suggestion: Whomever has official BC twitter page should use it few times a week and more often. Twitter is free advertising, and is way way underutilized. If current person in charge is not willing to tweet often about all news we get, then I'd vote to hand over twitter page to someone that is willing to update twitter and represent BC on twitter often and when news and hype around.

I worry that too much of this stuff like Wall St promo, or music video is not getting out there, for free, cause person, or persons running official twitter page are maybe more tech thinking, and not business/marketing minded.

Don't underestimate power in tweets.
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:25:07 PM

nice. let me know if you need any help with the translation, will surely find some spare time Smiley

Oh, i forgot the most important question i had:
If i understood it correctly you are storing the blockchain file on the card. In case the card runs of out spacee == the blockchain file does becomes too big one day, what's the idea?
are you going to
use some compression + local cache
a secured connection to an online blockchain file/server
possibility of a custom location for the blockchain file (and maybe a built-in OpenVPN client, so the user can e.g. connect to their own sever)

A it is for the casual user it should be easy, so probably the best thing would be a to give them a new card with a discount for recurring customers or so if there isn't an easy AND suecre workaround.
Should be some time until that becomes an issue, but i can't be wrong to think about it already Cheesy

Good questions! Since the cards are 8 gigs we do not have to worry about it in the near future. However, I haven't thought of the perfect solution yet. But by the time we get close to filling up space on the cards me and/or someone from the community will have figured out a solution.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:26:32 PM

Real cryptos attract real developers. Nice job Iconic, defiantly a unique add on. Glad I got my limited edition cards when I could.

Can't wait till cards start showing up. Still around 12000 wallets with > 1 bc in them.

Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: