Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:30:06 PM

Hey guys, what can we do to get more miners back to the multipool?

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

tell them about the KnC miner Compo !!!

Join the pool be an entrant!!
already back in with a few rented rigs and told others to do so.
even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

Agreed.  We need to get back to the basics - which were working fine - and end all the meaningless posturing and bickering on all sides.

++++ Plus, plus, plus.

Also this has presented BlackCoin with a golden -and so far missed- opportunity to make clear and differentiate itself from the clones by making a public, official statement with reassurances about the security and safety of BlackCoin, something in the vein of "...and this is why something like what happened in WC could never happened to BlackCoin". Not having it simply leaves such occurrence as a likely possibility in people's minds.

Same exact thing applies to the Pool. No, without a proper front end, no major amount of miners is coming back any time soon: It looks sloppy, at the moment. Stats that compare the Pool, in the link, to just about the least regarded coins in the market, doesn't benefit the perception either. And same for the lack of clear resolve of the situation that brought it to it's knees over a week ago... something reassuring such as an automatic switch to back up pools that won't require miner's intervention when another attack -and surely we can count on more coming- happens, whatever shielding tech measures have been taken: Reassurance.
It'd be nice also to make public the strategy of the pool's selection. Who's deciding what to mine? Are we throwing darts on the wall of is there someone that really knows what he's doing behind it? what's the criteria? why is it better that just mine Litecoins and then buy BC with them. Or is it really better? Proof of such?

Those are some of the differentiating basics that brought BC to it's extraordinary success in  a few weeks. Instead of reinforcing and solidifying them, we seem to be much more interested in challenging the government of Cambodia, creating lotteries (taking 50% off the top; nothing wrong with lotteries, a lot wrong with taking 50% off the top) or "taking" Wall Street to evidence, publicly, just hype and no substance.

But hey, ra-ra-fucking ra...

Rat4 posted today about an update on testnet. Seemed fairly major.. but I don't know. It's likely he's improving the system further. Smiley

You need some hype to go with substance. Otherwise all the short term traders hop off,.. and there are a lot of those in crypto.

Wait a minute... I read on IRC, by a member of the team, that short term traders are not welcome. Furthermore, BC got to 90k without any hype of the type that has been debated recently, why "some" is needed now, short terms traders convenience or not notwithstanding? There are a lot of very, very positive initiatives, such as the card, for instance, the Titan raffle, and others. The community is dynamic enough without going for the outrageous and dangerous. And, again, I question the motives without getting any even remotely convincing answers: By any standards, BC is doing extraordinarily well --- and was doing much better a couple weeks ago before a simple DDos attack exposed our many weaknesses. Without any of the outrageousness. In just one month. Why the rush now? why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level? How can this be productive on any way, have any kind of staying power, benefit the progress and development of BlackCoin?

This is just a very clumsy attempt at creating nonsensical hype in the hope that somehow it will translate in a quick rise in price... which not even the initiative of the card -of which I have never heard any opposing point of view or even small criticism-, has been able to produce. Or the Titan draw, for that matter. How would that hype translate into any kind of positive results for BlackCoin? All of a sudden thousands of tourists and Wall Street types are going to just magically buy coins that have absolutely no use whatsoever for them? Ok, a few may be interested... what are they going to find when they go a bit deeper into their new interest and see that the pool here is far from safe and has not fully recoup from a DDOS attack, when an exact clone of BlackCoin just pulled a Karpeles (not only an exact clone but one that it is widely rumored over the internet to have been recently helped by Rat4 --apparently that rumor is not true but Rat4 himself doesn't seem overly interested in denying it so there's no doubt--). This is like inviting a lot of people to party at a home that is very small and full of crap and expecting a positive outcome of it, ok?

In conclusion, no one has pointed out to any legitimate purpose to the hype. Not one. Why? because the ONLY purpose is just pure, raw, unmitigated, instant greed. And that means all they want is a quick rise in price to dump on it for profit. Quick gratification at whatever expense. Is that the "good for the community" that is the supposed leit motiv? Yep a trip back to 90k would be fine... but only if you plan on dumping all the way there, otherwise you don't care what the price does the next week, the next month or the next 3 months, because what you care for is that the coin grows and stays around, solid, safe, for YEARS to come. The price in the exchanges would take care of itself accordingly.

First step to understanding each others is calling things by their real names.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:38:23 PM

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

+1 that's for sure we need a working stats page!

Indeed. My OCD kicks in when I don't see my stats. Sad
alison03

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:43:08 PM

Ends in a few hours
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:44:45 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:41:48 PM by McKie

I'm wondering if there is someone out here that can make a professional youtube video for Blackcoin. Just like quark / bitcoin / peercoin have. But then in a more exclusive/classy way instead of too cartoonish.

I hereby donate 350 EUR / 490 USD to the first person that jumps in and can make one. Who's with me?

I will make the video! I have been making videos for 5yrs, I'm a beast with the adobe suite! I volunteer!

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick response. Here are some examples of video's I consider professional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao

Also make sure, that when making a professional video, there aren't made 3 differnt once by 3 different persons at the same time. So we need to make sure no-one else is working on a video atm. Else consider working together. I can't donate 3 times Smiley

If others want to help donating together with me, let me know Smiley

Edit: Too busy with Finals and working on the PR stuff right now. This bounty is back up for grabs!

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:46:40 PM

JUST VOTED TO PUT IT ON TOP!! Smiley

SITTING ON #1 SPOT NOW!
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:47:29 PM

why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level?

Before accusing others to be grredy, lay back for a second and think:
How would people ever WANT to use BC, if they never heard of it? Why would merchants agree to use something neither they nor their customers ever heard of? Just becuase some nerd like us sent them a technical specification?
I honestly cannot understand why some people are that much against creating some publicty. It is not as if an event like the wall street promo prevents anyone from pushing BC the way they prefer?

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:49:25 PM

SITTING ON #1 SPOT NOW!

mywl.it is already old and busted, time to join www.coinkite.com for the new hotness

pizzaboy69696969

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

SITTING ON #1 SPOT NOW!

VOTE VOTE
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:49:57 PM

WC was not an actual clone of BC... it had about zero to do with Blackcoin's codebase. WC was a shitty Novacoin clone that didn't actually have the code to go full PoS, and now new developers are scrambling to fix it.

WC was a 'clone' in name only because the original dev wanted to ride on Blackcoin's success.

Rat4 had nothing to do with any of it. I watched the WC IRC for a while during their crisis, they wanted to get Rat4 but it seemed he wouldn't respond..  Tongue

Seems like you're just spreading misinformation.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:51:53 PM

blackcoin LIVE ON VAULT OF SATOSHI - https://twitter.com/vaultofsatoshi/status/461895299695644672

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:52:44 PM

PREPARE FOR THE MOON

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

WC was not an actual clone of BC... it had about zero to do with Blackcoin's codebase. WC was a shitty Novacoin clone that didn't actually have the code to go full PoS, and now new developers are scrambling to fix it.

WC was a 'clone' in name only because the original dev wanted to ride on Blackcoin's success.

Rat4 had nothing to do with any of it. I watched the WC IRC for a while during their crisis, they wanted to get Rat4 but it seemed he wouldn't respond..  Tongue

Seems like you're just spreading misinformation.
yeah, the more he writes the more he appears to be some kind of stealth troll.

KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:53:09 PM

Very nice.  Smiley Was wondering when they were actually adding it.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:54:35 PM

Very nice.  Smiley Was wondering when they were actually adding it.

they also added a bunch of shitcoins.... but w/e

Subtuppel

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:55:14 PM

a bit irritating that they do also list WC right now....
but us being the first mentioned one is certainly a good sign.

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

PAGE TAKEN DOWN!
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:57:53 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:18:52 PM by IconicExpert

Getting back to being a community.

Over the past few weeks I think something has been lost and the strong community we once were has diminished a bit. Early this morning I publicly and privately vowed to take a more reserved and toned down approach moving forward. I would like to see this community work together again to achieve our goal of being #1. I do not expect us always to get along, that is not realistic thinking. But I hope we can respect each other and debate issues without resorting to personal attacks.

I will be presenting a public plan within the next 48 hours to start us back on the path of being #1.

I would like to point out that many members here want to participate but are cautious to present ideas because they do not want their ideas to be brushed off or criticized. I agree we need more unity and less bickering. We also do not need people whose only goal is to post negativity. I think healthy debates are good and needed, but tearing down others ideas and demoralizing them serves no purpose but to slowly destroy the community.

I know some of you do not agree with me on everything, and some of you do not agree with my tactics, but I think everyone can agree that we must encourage creative thinking.

I do not believe in censorship and I think even trolls have a right to express their view and feelings. However, barabbas has become a creative and morale drain to this community. You can view his recent posts yourself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=212927;sa=showPosts

I ask we take a public vote to ban him from this thread. We want talented people here to help us, and they will never share their talents when someone is criticizing everything!

Please take a a minute to vote: http://poll.pollcode.com/42515578

Results so far:
17 votes to ban him
1 vote to let him stay
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:59:30 PM

PAGE TAKEN DOWN!

new version w/o WC  Grin Grin Grin Grin

https://twitter.com/vaultofsatoshi/status/461896967816503296

https://twitter.com/AdamScochran/status/461897128999419905

foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:01:03 PM

Agreed.  We need to get back to the basics - which were working fine - and end all the meaningless posturing and bickering on all sides.

++++ Plus, plus, plus.

Also this has presented BlackCoin with a golden -and so far missed- opportunity to make clear and differentiate itself from the clones by making a public, official statement with reassurances about the security and safety of BlackCoin, something in the vein of "...and this is why something like what happened in WC could never happened to BlackCoin". Not having it simply leaves such occurrence as a likely possibility in people's minds.

Same exact thing applies to the Pool. No, without a proper front end, no major amount of miners is coming back any time soon: It looks sloppy, at the moment. Stats that compare the Pool, in the link, to just about the least regarded coins in the market, doesn't benefit the perception either. And same for the lack of clear resolve of the situation that brought it to it's knees over a week ago... something reassuring such as an automatic switch to back up pools that won't require miner's intervention when another attack -and surely we can count on more coming- happens, whatever shielding tech measures have been taken: Reassurance.
It'd be nice also to make public the strategy of the pool's selection. Who's deciding what to mine? Are we throwing darts on the wall of is there someone that really knows what he's doing behind it? what's the criteria? why is it better that just mine Litecoins and then buy BC with them. Or is it really better? Proof of such?

Those are some of the differentiating basics that brought BC to it's extraordinary success in  a few weeks. Instead of reinforcing and solidifying them, we seem to be much more interested in challenging the government of Cambodia, creating lotteries (taking 50% off the top; nothing wrong with lotteries, a lot wrong with taking 50% off the top) or "taking" Wall Street to evidence, publicly, just hype and no substance.

But hey, ra-ra-fucking ra...

Rat4 posted today about an update on testnet. Seemed fairly major.. but I don't know. It's likely he's improving the system further. Smiley

You need some hype to go with substance. Otherwise all the short term traders hop off,.. and there are a lot of those in crypto.

Wait a minute... I read on IRC, by a member of the team, that short term traders are not welcome. Furthermore, BC got to 90k without any hype of the type that has been debated recently, why "some" is needed now, short terms traders convenience or not notwithstanding? There are a lot of very, very positive initiatives, such as the card, for instance, the Titan raffle, and others. The community is dynamic enough without going for the outrageous and dangerous. And, again, I question the motives without getting any even remotely convincing answers: By any standards, BC is doing extraordinarily well --- and was doing much better a couple weeks ago before a simple DDos attack exposed our many weaknesses. Without any of the outrageousness. In just one month. Why the rush now? why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level? How can this be productive on any way, have any kind of staying power, benefit the progress and development of BlackCoin?

This is just a very clumsy attempt at creating nonsensical hype in the hope that somehow it will translate in a quick rise in price... which not even the initiative of the card -of which I have never heard any opposing point of view or even small criticism-, has been able to produce. Or the Titan draw, for that matter. How would that hype translate into any kind of positive results for BlackCoin? All of a sudden thousands of tourists and Wall Street types are going to just magically buy coins that have absolutely no use whatsoever for them? Ok, a few may be interested... what are they going to find when they go a bit deeper into their new interest and see that the pool here is far from safe and has not fully recoup from a DDOS attack, when an exact clone of BlackCoin just pulled a Karpeles (not only an exact clone but one that it is widely rumored over the internet to have been recently helped by Rat4 --apparently that rumor is not true but Rat4 himself doesn't seem overly interested in denying it so there's no doubt--). This is like inviting a lot of people to party at a home that is very small and full of crap and expecting a positive outcome of it, ok?

In conclusion, no one has pointed out to any legitimate purpose to the hype. Not one. Why? because the ONLY purpose is just pure, raw, unmitigated, instant greed. And that means all they want is a quick rise in price to dump on it for profit. Quick gratification at whatever expense. Is that the "good for the community" that is the supposed leit motiv? Yep a trip back to 90k would be fine... but only if you plan on dumping all the way there, otherwise you don't care what the price does the next week, the next month or the next 3 months, because what you care for is that the coin grows and stays around, solid, safe, for YEARS to come. The price in the exchanges would take care of itself accordingly.

First step to understanding each others is calling things by their real names.

god damn you are so close minded.  what a dufus.  if everyone was like you NOTHING would get done ever.  There are 2 kinds of people in this world, those that get thing done and those that watch them do it.  You my friend are the second choice.  

Gritt-N-Auld

Activity: 205
Merit: 114

Joshua J. Bouw

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Very beautifully crafted IconicExpert!

For those that don't know, IconicExpert actually is quite a fantastic software developer and has some other custom software including encrypting wallets into pictures as well as others.

Cheers,

- Gritt
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: