Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:13:35 PM

No pointless drama on the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

Subreddit is full of facts, legitimate discussion, project ideas + implementation. Go here if you're sick of the stealth trolls and dick waving contests of BTCtalk.  Wink

I'll say this clearly: Bitcointalk can never be a professional home for our web community. As long as outsiders see this fucking thread as the 'base' of Blackcoin, trolls and the drama they incite will impact the value of your investment. Say what you will about reddit, our subreddit appears professional to the outside world and legitimate discussion can go on there without constant interruption. Guarantee you the value of Blackcoin would go up if it became known that this thread isn't the home of Blackcoin.

The subreddit has tripled in a few weeks. It's almost at critical mass to where it will be legitimate to say, 'no, this thread doesn't represent Blackcoin. Go to the subreddit or official forums'. And that's what we need to be done, because there will always be trolls and people spreading FUD here. That's practically the point of these forums. There are hundreds of altcoin threads and many interested in keeping the 'daily new coin' game alive.

If we were #1, would we be here? No, so let's make the change as it's a step towards that. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

[snip rubbish]

You sir, little Hitler, are full of shit.

Can you leave this thread please? It's for adults.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:16:51 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 07:27:25 PM by IconicExpert

Based on many of the opinions here - IconicExpert - I'm afraid you're going to have to accept that although you have done much and have much more planned... that it is not the only reason people are invested in BC, but that a decent group of those who are support you and your initiatives.  At the same time that I agree that problems were created from the 'inside circle' - as it stands today - this isn't the way to resolve that.  Do what you do best, let them do what they do best... and let the rest of the community do what it does best - support whatever it believes is in it's best interests.  Human resource problems are the least of our concerns at the moment... survival and stability are.

There will be time as a community to call for censure or 'management changes' if we survive our first year of existence... if not then all of this was a waste in the first place - but if we start worrying about who get's the bronze bust in the foyer... we're all going to be holding $0.001 BC's not $10.00 BC's.

My ego is not the big, and please point to an instance where I remotely implied that people are solely here for me? Others have posted if I go they are going, but I have never implied "I am the all mighty of BC". People are here because they feel BC is a good investment, but they also want someone with experience to organize the community better. I believe everyone should pitch in and do whatever they can to get BC to #1. I never suggested or implied that my promotional efforts alone will give BC longevity, and I recently commented that we need to pursue as many avenues as possible. I do not care if there is a core team or not, all I care about is results...period. Right now what is being done is not showing results, so we as a community need to figure out what needs to be done. I asked earlier and my question was never answered:

What is the plan for BlackCoin?

We (this community) need a clear cut plan and then we need to execute the plan...
rat4 (OP)

Activity: 324
Merit: 197

Two-way squared

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:17:17 PM

Don't hurry Smiley changes will be applied starting from block 1440, current only 470.

Can you explain what protocol we are changing to or how things will be different?

Don't hurry Smiley

Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:17:50 PM

Subreddit is full of facts, legitimate discussion, project ideas + implementation. Go here if you're sick of the stealth trolls and dick waving contests of BTCtalk.  Wink

I'll say this clearly: Bitcointalk can never be a professional home for our web community. As long as outsiders see this fucking thread as the 'base' of Blackcoin, trolls and the drama they incite will impact the value of your investment. Say what you will about reddit, our subreddit appears professional to the outside world and legitimate discussion can go on there without constant interruption. Guarantee you the value of Blackcoin would go up if it became known that this thread isn't the home of Blackcoin.

The subreddit has tripled in a few weeks. It's almost at critical mass to where it will be legitimate to say, 'no, this thread doesn't represent Blackcoin. Go to the subreddit or official forums'. And that's what we need to be done, because there will always be trolls and people spreading FUD here. That's practically the point of these forums. There are hundreds of altcoin threads and many interested in keeping the 'daily new coin' game alive.

If we were #1, would we be here? No, so let's make the change as it's a step towards that. Smiley

+1

I will, however, stay here until this thread is finally closed. We can't leave this for the trolls only as long as it is amongst the top google/whatever search results for "BlackCoin".
IMO, we should ask for this thread to be closed with a final message where to find us then, and move on to the subreddit and/or a self moderated and self hosted forum.

alison03

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

wow myriadcoin takes a jump to #1. I can't say I saw that coming!
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:19:41 PM

As others have noted, some people are hesitant to bring their ideas to the table due to the often hostile nature of this topic.

Compare this with Dogecoin where almost any kind of initiative is cheered on!

I strongly encourage anyone who has ideas to share them but also to remember that the blackcoin subreddit /r/blackcoin is a much friendlier and supportive place to launch campaigns, projects, fund raisers and ideas. That said I still think this subforum is important for generating traffic. Each month a new wave of people join this forum, it's good for us to be consistently on page 1.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

Wish I didn't miss that train. Good luck to everyone and to the project itself. Black is prestigious.
Subtuppel

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:20:44 PM

yeah, you can do awesome things with proxies and iMacros Cheesy

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

Altcoin porfolio took a massive hit today. I'm taking a break. Good luck folks!

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:24:05 PM

https://mywl.lt/voting/ <-- We are 100 votes behind.

We have 2.5 Hours to go until voting closes.

Can we make it?

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

+1

I will, however, stay here until this thread is finally closed. We can't leave this for the trolls only as long as it is amongst the top google/whatever search results for "BlackCoin".
IMO, we should ask for this thread to be closed with a final message where to find us then, and move on to the subreddit and/or a self moderated and self hosted forum.

what makes u think that trolls wont follow you to the subreddit. you need to learn how to deal with trolls professionally. ur responses to them dirty this community by your own hands. and then you still have to face reverse-trolls. never heard about them? well it's when you have a sturdy measure for dealing with trolls and everything seems like it is finally getting under control.. and then a rage of impolite trolls overtake the thread attempting to have the community take the responsibility for their deplorable remarks and behaviour. and they will succeed, until this community starts shunning such behaviour.. and possibly mentioning that "the views posted by this bitcointalk user are not the views of the blackcoin community as a whole."

personally, i never thought hitler videos on a coin seeking investment from the jewish community was a good idea. and our community allowed jew jokes and mild bashing to occur without reprimand. any forum you establish a presence at will attract trolls. and the community has to be well knowledgeable in dealing with it wherever it rears it's ugly head. u cant run from trolls .. theyre everywhere.

KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:27:58 PM

+1

what makes u think that trolls wont follow you to the subreddit. you need to learn how to deal with trolls professionally. ur responses to them dirty this community by your own hands. and then you still have to face reverse-trolls. never heard about them? well it's when you have a sturdy measure for dealing with trolls and everything seems like it is finally getting under control.. and then a rage of impolite trolls overtake the thread attempting to have the community take the responsibility for their deplorable remarks and behaviour. and they will succeed, until this community starts shunning such behaviour.. and possibly mentioning that "the views posted by this bitcointalk user are not the views of the blackcoin community as a whole."

personally, i never thought hitler videos on a coin seeking investment from the jewish community was a good idea. and our community allowed jew jokes and mild bashing to occur without reprimand. any forum you establish a presence at will attract trolls. and the community has to be well knowledgeable in dealing with it wherever it rears it's ugly head. u cant run from trolls .. theyre everywhere.

Reddit relies on a system of community consensus (voting) to control content based on what the community in general wants to see. This forum thread has no controls in place for any kind of trolling. It's not even comparable. I'm not saying trolls won't come to the subreddit, I'm saying that their power there is maybe 10% of what they can do here.
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:30:31 PM

#BlackCoin holders, please vote for BC to be added https://mywl.lt/voting/ we are only 100 votes from the top!

https://twitter.com/CryptoDabbler/status/461935073391308801
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

Is technical innovation and a slick looking and profitable pool enough to succeed? NO!

Even if there weren't a literal sea of copies, clones, scams, etc... with more being launched every week - we have to also understand that BlackCoin is what it is... and that is a copy of previous work which has been (and currently is as rat4's post indicates) being developed into much more than just another altcoin cloned from BTC (or more accurately an amalgamation of BTC and NovaCoin with some adjustments).

We do not always agree, but I agree with you 100% here. I have been saying this for several weeks. Too much focus is on the multi-pool, and very little attention is being spent on PR. Some people assumed the multi-pool would be the shield that keeps BC price stable, and that is been proven to be false. So instead of certain individuals trying a different approach, instead they double down on the idea of the multi-pool. I think we need to pursue as many avenues as we can. We do not need to wait for the "core" group to make decisions. I have people that send me PMs with impressive backgrounds and resumes, but they do not want to come forward because they do not believe in the core group. Over the next few days and weeks you will see some talented people start to bring new ideas to the table.

"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten...."

the multipool's failure is a direct result of poor profitability. regardless of multipool comparisons.. i am able to do .01+ btc per mh mining other coins and buying bc manually. this blows out any multipool's profitability currently. so u have to ask yourself, why would i mine a multipool when i can gather more investment power myself.

this has to do with the fact that where multipools go, coins are dumped.. significantly lowering the profitability to mining time because of the multipool's heartless abuse of the chosen coin to mine on their buy order book. i message soepkip/iconic about my concern regarding thisa couple weeks ago i think it was and was assured that measures would be put in place to mitigate it.

but now we have a further problem. as many know crypto is a flowing, moving and changing game. you have to calculate every day and sometimes 4-5 times a day. running a multipool efficiently is hard work. it means calculating and searching for the highest profitability option all day.. searching the markets. im pretty sure the multipool doesnt do this and is as a result re-active to profitable coins rather than pro-active.

i recommend some upgrades for the multipool and more prizes. noone cares about knc miner because they wont win. i believe that will be the general consensus of most miners.. especially small time.

1. give users the ability to stipulate their bid price on the bc orderbook through their account
2. also give them the option to hold certain coins the multipool mines (good coin expected to rise in a couple days will increase individual profitability and investment in bc)
3. multipool owners must keep up to date on new currencies with good potential and investment backing so that they can be added as option in the multipool asap upon being added to an exchange.

i disagree with most here on the power of the multipool. i believe that attracting investors to invest via the multipool is the surest way of gaining investors who will hold for more than a rise from 27k to 30k before they dump/downtrade the margin. i think it is in this communities best interest to make use of the multipool as attractive as possible.. and then make it more attractive. this is our baby.. and i dont think we should give up pioneering further usefulness out of it.

im all for PR on the coin. but maybe we can catch 2 birds with one stone by doing some pr on the multipool. ill voice my opinion once more, that i think multiple cheaper prizes will give hope to many more miners entering and increase the probability in their minds that they might actually win something. think about $10k in prizes given via multipool to loyal miners. this will encourage users never to leave the multipool.

good luck with the wallstreet bid. im not sure how the professionals there would take it. but this whole campaign may have worked alot better if there were already blackcoin atms around so ppl can go buy some blackcoin to put on their empty wallet gifts they just got. meh, i can go on. but i feel like noone listens to me on here and just overlook my posts.. whatever.

I agree whole heartedly, and I want to make it abundantly clear that although I support and desire there to be as much marketing and PR as possible, I feel the pool being up, fully transparent, and optimized is absolutely required for BC to show consistent gains.  In no way to I feel that even 100 of IE's campaigns would single-handedly turn BC into a real investment opportunity... although they would definitely be likely to pump the price to a point where my exit would be very sweet... ultimately they would not be able to support the coin alone and it would collapse like a dot-com-bubble-IPO back in 2000.

The point that many people on both sides seem to disagree on highly - and this is sad - is that no one person or group of people will lead to BC's dominance in the CC marketplace... but it is entirely possible that one person or a group of people (if they are determined/destructive enough) to destroy it.

The bottom line is this... no one needs to have the "last word" - I think we're all well aware of the fact that some people support IE and his marketing initiatives, some people support the idea that a 'central management team' is in control, and other support none of the above.  No matter what we either have to figure out how to swallow our pride - and just work together - or sell out and move along.

Based on many of the opinions here - IconicExpert - I'm afraid you're going to have to accept that although you have done much and have much more planned... that it is not the only reason people are invested in BC, but that a decent group of those who are support you and your initiatives.  At the same time that I agree that problems were created from the 'inside circle' - as it stands today - this isn't the way to resolve that.  Do what you do best, let them do what they do best... and let the rest of the community do what it does best - support whatever it believes is in it's best interests.  Human resource problems are the least of our concerns at the moment... survival and stability are.

There will be time as a community to call for censure or 'management changes' if we survive our first year of existence... if not then all of this was a waste in the first place - but if we start worrying about who get's the bronze bust in the foyer... we're all going to be holding $0.001 BC's not $10.00 BC's.

I agree with most if not all that both "Coinler" (especially this part: i disagree with most here on the power of the multipool. i believe that attracting investors to invest via the multipool is the surest way of gaining investors who will hold for more than a rise from 27k to 30k before they dump/downtrade the margin. i think it is in this communities best interest to make use of the multipool as attractive as possible.. and then make it more attractive. this is our baby.. and i dont think we should give up pioneering further usefulness out of it.) and "Digicidal" post here.

Obviously "IE" has other "business" priorities, whether he "vows" to tone down the "fighting" or not. Fortunately, the community as a whole has a much more leveled  head and actually can see the danger in the "PR" gizmos and other more outrageous behaviors. Hopefully it will continue that way to see the sustained growth of this coin by solidifying and improving on the basics that brought it here in just 2 months. And maybe -why not be hopeful, no matter what the indications, repeatedly, are-, the real "good of the community" will prevail over the raging greed of a few, maybe well-intentioned but mostly misguided yahoos.
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

Have to agree on this, this place has become madness, let it remain, but real innovation should move to reddit. It's upvoting is far better for people to gauge what's legit or not, this place all people talk at once and filtering through the bs just to get to the real posts, about 1 per page, is getting old. Let the trolls hate, but we should have serious discussions on reddit and then only link what is done, from reddit, to BTC talk. That way we can be productive there, yet post here.

Iconic? If you take the lead, we will follow you there.
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:33:28 PM

#BlackCoin holders, please vote for BC to be added https://mywl.lt/voting/ we are only 100 votes from the top!

https://twitter.com/CryptoDabbler/status/461935073391308801

Now only 50 from the top spot! Keep voting!
steve777

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I've invested in 4000 Blackcoins and I really want this currency and community to be a success for us investors, but more importantly for the future consumers who use the currency.

Up until 10 days ago I had heard of bitcoin and digital currency, and saw it as a bit of a fad and didn't really give it a second thought until a friend pointed me here.
I am writing this post on the fly and don't have a direct point as such to make, but here are my observations.

Build and support an ecosystem that is simple to use
I sat down both my Mum & Dad who are in their 60s, My sister who is in her 30s and my 12 year old niece individually and showed them the wallet and how it worked, as well as the Blackcoin.co website. All were very confused and found it all a bit geeky!
We really need to simplify how we put our message across. My sister made a comparison with Paypal and I think that is a good one. Ask yourself, how would you explain to a senior or a teen exactly what we do?

Everyone go and have a look on the Paypal site, just how well what they do is explained and how in simple terms it is all laid out. We should be modelling ourselves on this kind of excellence and getting a simple message across as soon as they hit the blackcoin.co main website. Video should be straight in front of them explaining who we are, what we do and then tell them to explore the site to learn more and get started. The bitcoin.org website is a fair attempt at this, but we can easily do this to a higher standard.
Give examples of how it can be used in unique situations, as well as day to day. For example if I went travelling to Australia and got stranded and lost all my cash etc, explain how quickly my wife or my parents could send over some currency to me quickly and easily.

Build up social media
I think the social media icons should be right up the top - and a bit bigger. People really trust and engage with Facebook especially and I would hope that all who are reading this message have given the Blackcoin facebook page a like - if not please do so as every little helps. If my local bakery has an active Facebook page that gets attention, we should have one too.

Humility will save us from humiliation
We need to be who we are. By that I mean that we have a great concept that is being worked on, and we believe we can benefit our customers. But my opinion is that we should give off some young startup "vibes" and put out the message that we have a usable product, but there is more to come!
Perhaps a box on the mainpage to sign up for a newsletter of progress and new features would help retain interest in people who are interested, but not yet willing to take action just yet. Rather than them bouncing off the homepage and never returning again.
Also any bitching and moaning about our "competitors" has to stop. We can acknowledge that there are other currencies out there and respect the ones that innovate, but don't trash talk them. Competing is quite simple when you are focused on your product and ideals.

Summary
I really really want this to work guys and girls, and the thought that goes through my mind is how innovators like Steve Jobs (Apple) or Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO)  would work with something like this.

If you look at the Amazon approach, they start with the customer and work backwards towards the core - this is definitely something we need to address. Our customers will either be using our homepage (which although I understand it is early days and mainly aimed at investors needs to be evolved) or most likely mobile apps. We need to get the mobile apps sorted ASAP!
Quite frankly from the friends and family feedback I have got about the way digital currency is at the moment, the bitcoin and digital currency experience for the masses (who are our future users) is more of an ordeal than a pleasure, why would they give up their cash and credit card and join our eco system as it is?

And here is how we can win - but making it simple enough to make them WANT to use us instead. No one else has managed to do it yet, our competitors are edging closer but from the feedback I have received so far, it's an open goal and an easy win if we get it right.

If I had the money, I would invest massively in mobile apps. Neither me, my friends or family wanted to boot up our PC and Mac to do trade. Speaking to my uncle who is a retired programmer, he suggests that iOS and Android are much more secure than Windows so the hack-attacks can be largely reduced - a simple example is they could automatically backup user wallets to an external location, the app could have a feature that insists you enter a 4-6 digit PIN in addition to the usual passwords as a simple, “last mile” way of securing your transactions.

Anyhow, enough from me for now - I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Regards,

Steve
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:36:58 PM

^^^^I rest my case. Is this what we want potential investors reading? Is this the image we want to portray to the world? Is this the kind of person we want to remain here? Anytime someone resorts to comparing another individual to Hitler that person doesn't belong around rational thinking people.

if i was you, i would stick to the plan what you got.
I did read whole last few pages and there is always someone who will criticise what ever you doing.
Listen, wallet card is advertise on my site and if you want you can add your event to my site as well.

More than happy to help, few BC will fly to your plan to "marching on Wall Street with your 50 escorts" as this made me laugh.

Keep the good work and dont look back.

Link to my site is in signature if you interested to add your event and promote it.

I will watch this closely and support BC as much as i can.
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

+1

Reddit relies on a system of community consensus (voting) to control content based on what the community in general wants to see. This forum thread has no controls in place for any kind of trolling. It's not even comparable. I'm not saying trolls won't come to the subreddit, I'm saying that their power there is maybe 10% of what they can do here.

i understand, they have meta data audience targeting technology. but frankly i think that if the subreddit will be superior it will do that all on it's own. from the comments ive seen about the subreddit.. it is growing so just let it grow until this thread has an almost insignificant amount of activity compared. but dont force it because not everyone is going to follow. and the growing subreddit seems to be growing only with speculators because it's obviously not growing investment. (do u see the price of bc rising?) i think most of the investors are here on bitcointalk and any shareholder/major shareholders in any investment should be able to raise his concerns without being labelled a troll and disrespected. we have NO WAY of telling who is  a true major shareholder or not.. so jumping to conclusion could hurt the community. if a major shareholder dumped on us right now we'd be taken back to the stoneage.

is blackcoin a representation of class? or is it merely trying to be classy? trying and being are 2 completely different things.
Pages: « 1 ... 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: