R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:08:01 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 01:19:26 AM by sonysasankan

_s3v3n_ : yes - relaunch Sunday March 9th - Dev + CEO MIA since last night

sonysasankan : you can't just go around making stuff up because you think it sounds right.

An IPO member thinks he can take legal action for stolen bitcoins. Well that "sounds wrong" to me. Or maybe I could be wrong... but I'm fairly certain bitcoin is not a Govt recognized currency that is backed up by legislation for misuse, theft, etc. You know of any laws that were passed recently by any states that declared bitcoins as an accepted commodity of value that can traded, etc. I'm all ears if you have!

The very nature of decentralization prevents any central authority to be able demand someone to pay up with an "or else..." attached to the sentence. So ya... it definitely "sounds right" when I say legal action is futile...

Virginia has statutes covering losses of commodities and other items which have a dollar value. It could be Pixie Farts, but if it's traded or otherwise has a provable fiat value in the state, it can be covered.

Hence why he has an LLC, to keep his nuts out of the boiler. If it was just an individual it would be a little harder, but with an LLC you just present your evidence and the judge hits the gavel and it's over in 5 minutes.

Hmmmm... interesting. But bitcoin by itself has no intrinsic value and neither is it a service with a fixed or hourly fee. It is not a recognized share of a company that has a stock value at the exchange either. The "Bitcoin Exchanges" out there are pretty much an escrow service that mediates  the agreed upon transaction between two people. If I buy 1 BTC from someone for $700, I do not own a tiny percentage of the company called "Bitcoin" whose worth can be calculated based on their quarterly/annual income. So basically how valuable it is, is decided by me and the other person who is paying for it. It can be anything from $5 to $750. So how is a fiat value determined.

Moreover what is the judge going to declare? Pay back the bitcoin? I don't think there is a bitcoin bank account tied to the LLC that can be frozen.... there has to be cash (or physical goods like siezed graphics cards) in the shop/property for any financial dispute to be resolved right? Am I missing something fundamental here?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:22:53 AM

_s3v3n_ : yes - relaunch Sunday March 9th - Dev + CEO MIA since last night

sonysasankan : you can't just go around making stuff up because you think it sounds right.

An IPO member thinks he can take legal action for stolen bitcoins. Well that "sounds wrong" to me. Or maybe I could be wrong... but I'm fairly certain bitcoin is not a Govt recognized currency that is backed up by legislation for misuse, theft, etc. You know of any laws that were passed recently by any states that declared bitcoins as an accepted commodity of value that can traded, etc. I'm all ears if you have!

The very nature of decentralization prevents any central authority to be able demand someone to pay up with an "or else..." attached to the sentence. So ya... it definitely "sounds right" when I say legal action is futile...

Virginia has statutes covering losses of commodities and other items which have a dollar value. It could be Pixie Farts, but if it's traded or otherwise has a provable fiat value in the state, it can be covered.

Hence why he has an LLC, to keep his nuts out of the boiler. If it was just an individual it would be a little harder, but with an LLC you just present your evidence and the judge hits the gavel and it's over in 5 minutes.

Hmmmm... interesting. But bitcoin by itself has no intrinsic value and neither is it a service with a fixed or hourly fee. It is not a recognized share of a company that has a stock value at the exchange either. The "Bitcoin Exchanges" out there are pretty much an escrow service that mediates  the agreed upon transaction between two people. If I buy 1 BTC from someone for $700, I do not own a tiny percentage of the company called "Bitcoin" whose worth can be calculated based on their quarterly/annual income. So basically how valuable it is, is decided by me and the other person who is paying for it. It can be anything from $5 to $750. So how is a fiat value determined.
You know what you say works for any goods which are traded...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
smartalxx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:00:05 AM

Dude, don't get hung up on this being a currency.  The courts uphold barter agreements all the time.
guozhuliu

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:02:27 AM

please add the new pool url= http://gpu.sumpool.com

Hashhot Pool: http://www.hashhot.com 
Next-level Cryptocurrency Professional Mining Pool
OakPools

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:14:36 AM

please add the new pool url= http://gpu.sumpool.com

Your link is broken mate Wink
radfuk

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:57:48 AM

GPU Coin, please read my pm
M31

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:08:12 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 04:45:18 AM by M31

GPU Coin, please read my pm

Mine too... Some peeps around here are ready to snap.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jules Winnfield: Ahh, what the fuck's happening? Aw shit, man!
Vincent Vega: Aw man, I shot Marvin in the face...
Jules Winnfield: Why the fuck did you do that?
Vincent Vega: Well I didn't mean to do it, it was an accident!
Jules Winnfield: Aww man, I've seen some crazy ass shit in my time but this-
Vincent Vega: Just chill out, man! I told you it was an accident! You probably, you went over a bump or something...

Off to watch Pulp Fiction now.  Great show.
tstormdoge

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:34:15 AM

So, what do you want to bet that daylight saving time will fuck up the re-re-relaunch?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:50:26 AM

I will admit I was one of those scammed by the original Stack Coin. Then micryon went about and recreated RealStackCoin. And I got my few million RSC.

Whether it ROIs or not is no longer the responsibility of the dev, but at least we got what we paid for.

So that much, I can say. I was watching this, and fortunately for me, I ran out of coins to join this IPO.

For anyone else that decides to attempt a new IPO coin, for whatever purpose, I humbly offer my services as escrow; but only for new coins. I can't do anything about any BTC that never went to me. If another dev decides to reimburse you by making Real GPU Coin, that would be different.

The claim process for that would be a nightmare though. Everyone got a different address.

I was thinking of making something like a DabsCoin ... but ... (and good thing for me) it hasn't happened. Maybe I need a new name for it.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:07:50 AM

Over a day and no email or contact from the Owner -- again -- as he had yet promised lastnight.

If it's not a scam guys, there's something wrong with the dude. No time to type out a 5 minute email to IPOs or post up in here? Disgraceful to all those who supported this thread and idea.

Bulldog_Duke

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:10:20 AM

Just read the last 20 pages since I checked out last night.  I laughed, I cried, I hurled.  Great stuff guys! 
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:22:41 AM

Over a day and no email or contact from the Owner -- again -- as he had yet promised lastnight.

If it's not a scam guys, there's something wrong with the dude. No time to type out a 5 minute email to IPOs or post up in here? Disgraceful to all those who supported this thread and idea.

I talked to him today for a few minutes and he said he was typing out some 2-3 page letter.

I tried to help with the project, but the programmer who usually works with me was gone, and I adopted a new guy.

He's brilliant sometimes, can write new encryption algos, program mining software... but his attention to detail in this case seemed to be lacking.

He cost me far far too many wasted hours, and harm on my reputation. Now I can't get a hold of him.

The CEO wants the relaunch sunday, so I guess that's the plan. I'm working with micryon and another dev to get the issues sorted out.

I don't really have much of anything to do with this coin. I heard the original dev disappeared so I offered to help. I got .5 btc for my efforts and I paid the MIA programmer half of it before i realized how screwed up things were. That's my only connection, so please don't flame me about your IPO refunds and such... I have nothing to do with that. I just wanted to take the the time to post here, because I see how stressed out you all are. in my personal opinion its not a scam or anything, and I know he is working on that letter.

I've helped with about 5 coin launches and never had issues like this before. I apologize for everyones wasted time, and I'm pretty frustrated too. The relaunch will be smooth and things will be properly tested, instead of trying to fart everything out within 8 hours.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:26:41 AM

I talked to him today for a few minutes and he said he was typing out some 2-3 page letter.

I tried to help with the project, but the programmer who usually works with me was gone, and I adopted a new guy.

He's brilliant sometimes, can write new encryption algos, program mining software... but his attention to detail in this case seemed to be lacking.

He cost me far far too many wasted hours, and harm on my reputation. Now I can't get a hold of him.

The CEO wants the relaunch sunday, so I guess that's the plan. I'm working with micryon and another dev to get the issues sorted out.

I don't really have much of anything to do with this coin. I heard the original dev disappeared so I offered to help. I got .5 btc for my efforts and I paid the MIA programmer half of it before i realized how screwed up things were. That's my only connection, so please don't flame me about your IPO refunds and such... I have nothing to do with that. I just wanted to take the the time to post here, because I see how stressed out you all are. in my personal opinion its not a scam or anything, and I know he is working on that letter.

I've helped with about 5 coin launches and never had issues like this before. I apologize for everyones wasted time, and I'm pretty frustrated too. The relaunch will be smooth and things will be properly tested, instead of trying to fart everything out within 8 hours.

This is all good news, thanx for the update!!  Hopefully there is time for a mac wallet as well.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:36:57 AM

This is all good news, thanx for the update!!  Hopefully there is time for a mac wallet as well.

+1 Thanks for the update

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money