Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 140044 times)
keccak512 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:37:25 AM

Quick update.  We are in really good shape.

Launch plan: check
Launch tests: check
Wallets: check
RPC mining: check
forked cpuminer: check
forked MPOS: check

The only bit that we are still working on is stratum mining.  It's a bit more involved than usual because Heavycoin has a modified block header structure.

Nomisugi's forked MPOS is looking really nice, but we need to test all components are working together and for that we need stratum mininig.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keccak512 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:40:35 AM

But when will be available a mining guide?
I want to know how to set my pc before the launch.

Please let us know what we have to do!

Have you checked our website?  There are sections called "How to mine" and "How to vote" under "Help"

http://heavycoin.github.io/voting.html
http://heavycoin.github.io/mining.html

For  the RPC commands related to voting, please see "RPC voting" under "Help". http://heavycoin.github.io/rpc-voting.html

In terms of external/RPC mining, I've made this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470391.msg5537068#msg5537068

HTH
zhpool

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:46:50 AM

The only bit that we are still working on is stratum mining.  It's a bit more involved than usual because Heavycoin has a modified block header structure.

Nomisugi's forked MPOS is looking really nice, but we need to test all components are working together and for that we need stratum mininig.

All check! congratulations.

a customized block structure lead to a customized block_template.py, that would be as easy as falling off a log for you, do it and bring it to us.

sabyd

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:51:54 AM

Have you checked our website?  There are sections called "How to mine" and "How to vote" under "Help"

For  the RPC commands related to voting, please see "RPC voting" under "Help". http://heavycoin.github.io/rpc-voting.html

In terms of external/RPC mining, I've made this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470391.msg5537068#msg5537068

HTH

Yes I read the website after I wrote my post ...sorry.
In any case, I think I will use the external miner with all my server pointing to my wallet.
So the code could be:

./minerd -a heavy -o htttp://myip:9902 –u mywalletusername –p mywalletpwd -v 1024

Is it right?
When will be available the external miner?

I think you can put it available now...what do you think?
keccak512 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:08:12 AM

Last warning call to IPO investors!

Please check your IPO stakes at http://heavycoin.github.io/ipo-stakeholders.html and PM any mistakes to keccak512.

This is very important, as any unreported mistakes are uncorrectable after the launch.

keccak512 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:10:44 AM

a customized block structure lead to a customized block_template.py, that would be as easy as falling off a log for you, do it and bring it to us.

That was an easy part, but obviously not very useful unless the forked CPU miner can assemble the new block structure correctly. Smiley
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:28:43 AM

With 2 i7 cpu's and 1 i5 I can mine some coins  Wink

Hate to rain on your parade, but you will get absolutely nothing with that.  I've used 2-3 i7 on other CPU coin launches before and would have made more money picking up pennies off the street.  The rare exception for profit would be if you mined Quark on day 1-3 or so...

Botnets, Amazon instances, cloud mining, etc make every CPU coin completely pointless.  It's always hilarious seeing the random newbs in these threads thinking CPU coins are going to be "the great equalizer" for their $400 hardware, when it's really the exact opposite.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
reorder

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:35:37 AM

That was an easy part, but obviously not very useful unless the forked CPU miner can assemble the new block structure correctly. Smiley
Would you please publish the modified CBlock, then? Or, better, getblocktemplate handler source/spec?
Merch

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:47:36 AM

If I connect my cpuminer to my RPC wallet daemon, what do I specify voting as?
sabyd

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:37:50 AM

HTH

Yes I read the website after I wrote my post ...sorry.
In any case, I think I will use the external miner with all my server pointing to my wallet.
So the code could be:

./minerd -a heavy -o htttp://myip:9902 –u mywalletusername –p mywalletpwd -v 1024

Is it right?
When will be available the external miner?

I think you can put it available now...what do you think?

Keccah,

Can you confirm what I wrote?
I think could be useful for all...

Will the modified cpuminer be available at launch?
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:12:45 AM

Hate to rain on your parade, but you will get absolutely nothing with that.  I've used 2-3 i7 on other CPU coin launches before and would have made more money picking up pennies off the street.  The rare exception for profit would be if you mined Quark on day 1-3 or so...

Botnets, Amazon instances, cloud mining, etc make every CPU coin completely pointless.  It's always hilarious seeing the random newbs in these threads thinking CPU coins are going to be "the great equalizer" for their $400 hardware, when it's really the exact opposite.
BINGO!!! We have a winner. I brought up this very question about 5 pages ago and never got an answer. The silence was deafening. Institutions with 1000s of computers at their disposal will also be a big player.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
eightspaces

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:19:28 AM

Thats not true at all....
I have mined a great deal of coins after CPU launches with 2 i7 CPUs. You can definitely mine as long as the difficulty has not grown too high and more power comes to the network. I will mine after launch on my i7s and I will mine as long as enough coins come in. Dont give up before you can try..
Kooness

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

Please assign a LOW default value for decentralized block reward voting in the client's settings.    Kiss

+1
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:10:45 PM

you dont get it, few tens of computers, or even hundreds are not going to influence total network hashing power NOWHERE near as gpu or asic farms, where gpu is worth several cpus alone, not to mention ridiculous disproportion when it comes to asic farms.
this allows general population not only to mine but also seriously contribute to network security, power in numbers and decentralization.
i'd say bitcoin is no longer as secure as it was during cpu mining period. because most of hashing power is getting centralized firmly in the hands of several asic mining cartels, who can manipulate both price and security.

"General population" is going to mine nothing from this coin...unless you count "general population" as being someone who owns 100+ cpus.

Hell, I just got done reading about some guy who spent thousands of dollars on amazon instances for a coin launch.  He got something like 5% of all coins by himself, but barely broke even selling them all after paying his bills.  His dump did manage to crash the market though.  I'm sure he'll be back for this coin since he hasn't lost any money yet and just keep doing it till he strikes it rich on one of them.  The joy of CPU coins.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
eightspaces

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:22:27 PM

you dont get it, few tens of computers, or even hundreds are not going to influence total network hashing power NOWHERE near as gpu or asic farms, where gpu is worth several cpus alone, not to mention ridiculous disproportion when it comes to asic farms.
this allows general population not only to mine but also seriously contribute to network security, power in numbers and decentralization.
i'd say bitcoin is no longer as secure as it was during cpu mining period. because most of hashing power is getting centralized firmly in the hands of several asic mining cartels, who can manipulate both price and security.

"General population" is going to mine nothing from this coin...unless you count "general population" as being someone who owns 100+ cpus.

Hell, I just got done reading about some guy who spent thousands of dollars on amazon instances for a coin launch.  He got something like 5% of all coins by himself, but barely broke even selling them all after paying his bills.  His dump did manage to crash the market though.  I'm sure he'll be back for this coin since he hasn't lost any money yet and just keep doing it till he strikes it rich on one of them.  The joy of CPU coins.

if you dont know what youre talking about then theres no need to blabblab. Grin

The instance limit of amazon AWS will never allow you to mine "like 5% of all coins" by yourself, thats plain BS. if someone likes to spend a lot of money on instances then that person will be able to mine the coins he deserves. like I said I have mined a great deal on my simple i7's and usual CPU cloud mining on 2x 4 core CPU droplets has been profitable for me too so no need to fud around baby Grin

nonce-pool

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

HeavyCoin @ Nonce-Pool

pre-registrations open!
http://hvc.nonce-pool.com/
ldr77

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:28:31 PM

This coin seems designed to keep people online and hashing...
Whether starting out or hodling what you've already earned/bought - it's in the interest of both groups to stay online and be involved in the voting process, either to vote for lesser or greater block rewards.
Kinda like TimeKoin but with an IPO to set a starting price.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:56:23 PM

The start time 12:00 UTC on 8th March.  Is that 12:00 Midday, or Midnight?
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:01:40 PM

The start time 12:00 UTC on 8th March.  Is that 12:00 Midday, or Midnight?

The website (http://heavycoin.github.io) has a countdown clock. It should be easy enough to work out from that.
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

Anyone know what the first exchange to carry HVC will be?

I want to get in right off the bat but got ripped off here on the forums trying to buy another coin off the start last week.

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: