Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 09:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NO! Do Not Invest all you have on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies  (Read 3849 times)
alexnambawan

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:23:35 AM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?

I certainly would not invest all my money in Bitcoin. I mean because there always should be an alternative or plans B-Z for this kind of living. This is a gamble so  i think we should be more careful from choosing where to land our money
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:09:10 AM

I agree with you, invest wisely and don't be too greedy, if it doesn't meet expectations, your own life will be destroyed. Better to use your free money.
transformt

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:32:59 AM

very competent advice. do not really need to invest all your savings in the crypto currency Smiley

⌜nvest.ai⌟ EMPOWER YOUR INVESTING WITH AI 
Data & analytics for crypto traders and investors. Ready for nvest?
http://nvest.ai/
Taronet-division

Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:48:58 AM

it's too nuts and I salute, but I won't be like that. I will invest my money with the amount that I deem none. to reduce the burden, so as not to get too sick when it is not achieved. although a lot of luck can happen and I believe in luck.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:55:30 AM

Indeed, we should not invest all of our money in crypto currencies. It's very risky because the price of crypto currencies is still very volatile. Plus no party guarantees what happens with your crypto currency. You must be a smart and wise crypto currency player, especially in calculating the risk of each of your investments so you can estimate your losses if bad things happen. You should not be affected by the issue that large investments will generate huge profits but you also have to estimate your ability.
MaruAlmen

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:00:22 AM

If you invest all you have in bitcoin it doesnt guarantee that you will profit from it, the market is so very unstable and we cant predict whether it goes up or down. If you will invest all your asset it will be the doomest day of your life cause no one can guarantee that risk you had made. If you wanna invest, just invest 1/4 of your asset but dont invest directly do your own research and explore howw crypto works.
messito

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:11:33 AM

great advice! really do not need to put everything on the line with the crypto currency it can play a cruel joke with you

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
wengden

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:30:43 AM

Yes I would also advise you to hold on to your coins. As of now the market is falling. Wait for the right time to invest. I think before the end of the year. It goes up rapidly.
Heleacce

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:32:49 PM

Invest what you can afford to lose and diversify your portfolio. Don't put everything into one project.
Awhore

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:39:19 PM

My point exactly, it is times like these that you know those who invested wisely or nor. You just shouldnt invest all you have, more than you cannot afford to lose. Although I believe there will be major Bitcoin "comeback" to ameliorate the present fall.
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?
Yes the courage must be really big, and also put almost all of my money in cryptocurrency, I betting my life here, but i do choose good altcoins to invest, and i expect to get big return in 1-2 years.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
hardip567

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:53:19 PM

Invest in your thesia a little bit Then wait a bit then buy Do not invest your own amount at once You will definitely succeed by doing this.I hope the rates will increase by the end of this year.
Masongrae

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:02:41 PM

If somehow the investments are in different cryptocurrencies  and research was done and the willingness to take the risk to gain or lose is there. Indeed it is admirable. But I also agree that cryptocurrency is not everything, there are other businesses that can be invested too if they will explore and find a business that suits their capabilities.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
XiXiMios

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

In other words, don't buy just Bitcoin! Or don't buy just one altcoin.  Always diversify!
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:34:08 PM

Invest in your thesia a little bit Then wait a bit then buy Do not invest your own amount at once You will definitely succeed by doing this.I hope the rates will increase by the end of this year.
I agree with you, do invest all your money in crytocurrecy; use small amount of money and hold it until the market gets green. Be practical and do not let yourself to have a big loss.
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:17:47 PM

It is definitely not good if we will put all of our money into the crypto currency community as an investments. Need to look also in the market situations before investing a huge amount in crypto. Bitcoin is a decentralized technology so probably has value,but one needs to be diversified in his investments.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:19:53 PM

It is always silly to invest everything to a penny whatever successful this investment would seem) This is the first rule of trading))
TobMarshall

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:25:08 PM

I certainly agree, in as much as I believe in bitcoin and advocate for it dominance I won't still advice you put all your eggs in one basket. There are other investments you can engage in. Investment is not increase wealth. So what it goes lower than this, such owner might get shocks in his/her body. Digital currency is good but wisdom is also demanded.
South Park

Activity: 3024
Merit: 807

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

It is unwise to invest all your funds on cryptocurrency. As a matter of fact only the amount one is willing to lose and still pay his bills should be committed to cryptocurrency investment.
People have different appetites for risk, many say invest what you are willing to lose but when it comes to investing we are taking about sums of money that most of the time people do not want to lose, after all people invest to win and not to lose, this is why instead I prefer to think about the risk you want to take and that is the main reason I prefer to invest in bitcoin since it is the less risky of all crypto.
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:51:15 PM

its not about bitcoin or crypotocurrencies at all, its about how much money you afford to lose, if you can afford if lose in bitcoin and cryptocurrency just do it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: