Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137213 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:27:26 PM

It should be noted at this point the developers investing pool is entirely in Aircoin, to the sum of 2,500,000. In order to counteract large price movements they will need access to bitcoins. So in order to have this "safety-net" they must first sell aircoin. In the short term this would contradict what they hope to achieve as they would be releasing more Aircoin into the market supply (inflation).
The aggregate demand incurred during the early stages of exchange is "thinned" at a dividing price, with a portion being sold to low reserve prices (a problem with cryptocurrency I pointed out earlier) with the BTC going to those who have mined the coin and wish to exit it immediately. The other portion (significantly larger) goes to the AIRcoin pool to be grown to return to meet increasing demand.

We do not need a large amount of BTC to regulate the price.  .....
- Alexander
Did you get that?

The funny thing is this...

1: You need 0 AIR initially, to regulate the market. You need BTC. (They invested 0 BTC, that is obvious. We own this coin, they own nothing.)
2: You will never get enough BTC using sold AIR, to counter any future sales of AIR at lower prices, as that would include buying back the AIR you sold for BTC, plus the newly generated AIR.
3: If you are buying old cheap AIR to compensate a rise for future, exponentially more expensive AIR, you will not have enough to create a rise.
4: If you are buying AIR cheap, to increase value, your supply will grow beyond the premine, with every new purchase, until you just own all the AIR. (Thus the premine was not needed at all.)
5: Without BTC added to the market, there is nothing to cash-out to. There are only 3-4 pumps a month, which are short, low-volume, and if failed, have even less volume. If price is constantly rising, and it is retarded, that stops future investing. If there is no volatility, no-one wants to invest, even if the price does appear to rise steady. If the price rises steady, that encourages "cashing-out" steady. (Go back to #2)

The point they "depended on", was this, I believe... They wanted to use OTHER "rising exchanges", to trade for value, to add to AIR. (There are only two or three rising exchanges, and once they start to "cash-in" on those, they stop rising.) Unfortunately, to make AIR rise, by that method, they have to BUY AIR. Thus, they will end-up with TONS more AIR, in addition to the premine. AIR which still then has to be sold high. AIR which, there will never be enough high listings to sell all of the AIR they collect, along the way.

There is only one solution, which I have provided, to fix this whole mess. (Though I provided three solutions.)

They could still do whatever they wanted, though they will never achieve what they desire to achieve for anyone but a few people. Simply because the only way to make us all money, they would have to keep buying 100% of all generated AIR, buying more than they are selling, buying more than they hold. (Maths fail.)

They have provided no solutions to any proposed "issues" that they complained about, related to "the issues with these coins are...", yet, have actually amplified the flaws along the way. (Logic says, do the opposite, if what you are doing is not working. Try it, it works!)

So... I sit here waiting for the market to do a decent gain, and them to "take credit for it", then produce another white-paper, when it goes the opposite direction.

Marketing is needed. Not marketing, "promises of gains that can never actually be kept or backed-up". (You can't back-up anonymous gains. You might as well say you are thieves laundering money in a HYIP scam. Which, at this point, this is looking like the worlds worst planned HYIP scam ever.)

We have nothing but speculation to do. Speculating doesn't make money.

The existing support-level now, is a direct reflection of the belief of actions. (They seem to be waiting until it gets down to a $0.01/AIR, so they can afford to use that $1/AIR they took, to add $0.0005/AIR to make a penny gain 5% steady. I hope the bots are using logarithmic scales, because linear values here are not pertinent when it comes to percents and value on BTC. That is why BTC follows the path of $0.01 to $0.10 to $1.00 to $10, to $100, to $1,000, and will go to $10,000 then $100,000 etc... each major linear time-frame hike. {Though it falls short of those targets each time, thus, is actually declining in value each hike.})

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:25:36 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 03:02:50 PM by kache

Coin never reached 0.0001? I had a buy order at 0.0001, but I see it was never filled, and now coin is going back up!  Shocked

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:59:52 AM

Coin never reached 0.001? I had a buy order at 0.0001, but I see it was never filled, and now coin is going back up!  Shocked

AIR was very promising at exchange launch, it actually seemed pretty stable at 0.002-0.0025 for a few days, then began a pretty solid decline.

We are all hopeful that Alexander and team will chime in next week
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:47:00 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 02:37:30 PM by ISAWHIM

Coin never reached 0.001? I had a buy order at 0.0001, but I see it was never filled, and now coin is going back up!  Shocked

AIR was very promising at exchange launch, it actually seemed pretty stable at 0.002-0.0025 for a few days, then began a pretty solid decline.

We are all hopeful that Alexander and team will chime in next week

That price was about right, for the difficulty at the time.

The only way for price to get back to that level, would require more miners, back to that level, and above.

But miners left when people started cashing-out. Making diff fall, which made people earn more again. They cashed-out, along with everyone who mined earlier. Those who mined earlier earned hundreds in a day, like we are earning now. To them, $1.00 per coin was like earning $100-$200 a day. (Add the air-bot into the mix, which was spending coins that cost $0.00 to produce, and that was the double-edge sword in the bulls heart.)

The announcement didn't help. Due to the whole anonymous thing, and well, lack of anything to back any of the statements.

The biggest killers at the moment, are still the unnecessary ridiculous premine, and the statement of "we are going to cut the reward in half, and decrease it 1%"... Great, that drives away all the miners, and makes the issue of the "premine and early mine", even worse, and impossible to combat!

That was the opposite direction. The only way to battle early miners, is expanding reward, to compensate for the growth of the miners. So it is still harder to cash-out, but the value can not be raped by everyone early, and then again, by those when the diff falls. THAT is what reduces the damage, while still keeping a choke on earnings, to keep the price rising. (Also makes hopping less valuable to the hoppers and more beneficial to the network.)

A decimal shift would lower the premine dramatically, to semi-acceptable levels, only if the max-cap is also adjusted to produce more, which would be the same, due to the decimal shift. As a miner or a holder, we would actually see no change in value, other than it potentially going up, after those changes. (The number of coins is actually irrelevant, it is the number of blocks that is relevant to any coin, and the time to find those blocks. A coin could have 0.000001 reward or 1000000 reward, if it takes a day to find one block, both have the same value. One just has more decimals.)

Them, strangers who hide in shadows, with no proof of credentials and no actions that indicate they are actually capable... manipulating price, perhaps to give the false sens of success... That does not appeal to anyone. The earnings of future gains is NOT what determines the "coins in hand" values. That just kills the network, the network you need to KEEP GROWING, in order to have constant gains. (That is why BTC grows year after year, the network keeps growing. LTC has a fluctuating network, and thus, fluctuating reward that doesn't follow the logarithmic pattern upward trend. All these coins are exponential growth, so you HAVE to use an exponential logarithmic chart to look at value, not a linear chart.)

I am just waiting for the "V for Vendetta" masks to break-out. I have a bunch of those in bulk, by the way. I can build a team too. {NullSec}

Funny thing is... The IRS is going to LOVE that AIRteam has 2.5 million AIR coins, what is that asset value at fair market prices, on release day to the exchange? Cost them nothing to make them, so they are 100% gains, as asset-value property. That will be an interesting quarterly IRS tax-return to see. (Might be why they are hiding. Though, the LLC information, if it is real, is all the IRS needs for taxes. Being a "mint" {setting value of the coin}, also, I am sure they are FinCEN and US-Treasury registered as a MINT and an exchange and manipulate reward/earnings/mint-value. Since they are a business {LLC}, they HAVE to register. Unlike an individual personal miner, where minted coins are for personal use, not business.)

P.S. The IRS essentially lives in my house.
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:25:01 PM

I've been thinking what can make an "investment" system work.

As mentioned, you need initial BTC to play the market. But how do you combat inflation from mining.

I believe instead of (Proof of Work) PoW, Proof of Stake (PoS) can make an "investment" system work.

Say we are going allow to mine the coin for 2 months as PoW and, with enough marketing, the hastrate would dramatically increase during those 2 months. This will garner attention and investments from people that are not mining. After that, the "interest" from PoS will be based on the trading algorithm based on the gain on the market by the "investment team".

But the issue here is the premine. Miners will need to hold the coin and the only one that can sell easily is the Person/People who premined it. So if the Team is not trustworthy, then they just dump and drive the drive to nil.

Second problem is that people may be less incline to use PoS coins for purchase and other purposes. The hoarding mentality is there in PoS.  Without a strong trading volume and incentive, the demand for the coin will not raise. So a market for goods and services is pretty essential for a coin to work.

Let see what type of plans, if there is one, the AirTeam is going to deliver. Hopefully is worthwhile.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:42:19 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 07:24:45 PM by ISAWHIM

POS is a failure because it uses your CPU to mine the POS blocks. The POS blocks consume a block that should-have been a POW block. You can't control what funds "go into" a POS block, so one person would be getting POS returns on 3.72 or dust of 0.00000121 while another may have POS on 274,827 coins in a block-move. That is hardly fair, or beneficial to the network. It also MOVES coins, creating tons of uncontrollable DUST that later kill the network as all the POS from the 3.72 blocks would be moved around.

POS is a (Piece Of Shit) gimmick, and does nothing except create more coins, as a large waste to the network. Go look at a POS coin. When miners keep seeing more "Rejected" legitimate blocks, due to POS beating a POW block... they all leave. (Bottlecaps, Hobonickles)...

You forget to think about this small fact too... The more miners holding, the more POS causes a flood of trouble... The more coins you keep in an exchange, the more coins the exchange gets, cashing-out on your value, using your value. (Not to mention the liquidity issue if the exchange has those blocks locked-up in STAKE, but they have not been released for POS yet... could be a year, or a month or a week, or a day. In some cases, it could be never, as the last POS coin found-out.)

Why add such complexity and centralization stuff to a coin that should be self-sustaining, decentralized and not co-dependent. The point of these coins was to get away from banks, and "economic controls", which only favor the controllers and the bankers.

Are we reverting to communism now? lol. Tongue (You earn what I say you can earn today!)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:38:55 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 12:54:18 PM by ISAWHIM

So, lets do some math here, business-professionals of AIRcoin...

AIA stands for the Allied Investors Association. It was started by Thomas Jackson, with a private group of investors, students, and professors at a University in the United States. Originally they invested in Stocks, Forex, Options, and other older financial markets, but now put their focus to the future: Cryptocurrencies.

Or, in other words, if Satoshi Nakamoto is the Genius Father of Cryptocurrency as an advancement in cryptotechnology, then Thomas Jackson is its Genius Uncle as an advancement in cryptotechnology in world economics.

What is the University policy for, "using University resources for personal gains". (That includes teachers, students and facility hardware.) Will the University be claiming this income? I can't seem to find your "registration as an LLC", anywhere.

2,500,000 AIRcoin premine. (Coins mined, prior to public-allowance. Property/earnings of the development team.)

First public market "fair-value" date was March 14th 2014 23:00:00, at an opening price of 0.002 BTC/AIR, which places BTC's value at about $630.00.

Simple: (($630.00 USD/BTC * 0.002 BTC/AIR = $1.26 USD/AIR) * 2,500,000 AIR = $3,150,000 USD) * 20% taxes = $630,000 USD taxes owed

ALT Calc: ((2,500,000 AIR * 0.002 BTC/AIR = 5,000 BTC) * $630.00 USD/BTC = $3,150,000 USD) * 20% taxes = $630,000 USD taxes owed

Taxes due quarterly for businesses, not yearly. Ouch! (Oh wait, that quarter ended on the 31st of March. I am sure the IRS will overlook that in an audit. xD I hear the IRS is real understanding to things like that.)

Now... if that "realized income" ends-up being "realized" at only 1.5 BTC, at today's prices... That would be a "realized value", as a loss, thus, not taxable on those "gains of income". Then your "taxes" would be adjusted as such, a "loss" in "gains and losses". Just throwing some food for thought out there. (Until that is "realized", you will be forced to pay taxes on the "estimates of value", at "fair market value". You would not get money back, if later it turned into a loss. The govt. does not work that way. Since, after all, it is all 100% "mined income". You mined it.)

P.S. Didn't you also admit to making an additional 1.5 BTC from AIR... Guess that was made at a higher price than the opening 0.002 BTC/AIR. The IRS may want to adjust for that "realization of value". I'll have to ask them tonight, when I sit down to dinner with the employee living in my house. Tongue Want me to ask her anything specific?

P.P.S. I'll have a nice set of "losses" to use as tax-write-offs this year, if all goes well. But hey, that can change. (I am still sure it will. For us.)

P.P.P.S. Or the coins could be "destroyed", with a "realized value" of $0.00, thus, no income. (So, in your trade formulas, after the 20% taxes, you will have to make at-least 5% additional, to fill the "claims" of "5% constantly rising value", just to make 0% yourselves, unless you cash-out the premine, which has already been claimed in taxes. Oh, I believe the $3-million mark places you in luxury-taxes for income BTW, as a business. Not sure if the 20% us common people pay for gains and losses applies to those in "luxury tax-brackets". Might be closer to 35% for you guys, as individuals in the company. This will be interesting.)

As an "Investor", I like to know how these things are handled, before investing further. As a large holder of investment, I demand to know the answers to these things. Though, there are others with greater holdings than I. Proof required, not just statements, since, after-all, this is a "business", where essentially, by law, you are selling shares and we are "employees contracted to mine the rest of our earnings", which you said you will "control".

P.P.P.P.S. My bid is still up, to buy all of existing AIR. Tongue ("Investors" not recommended to sell at my bid-offer, only AIRteam.)

P.P.P.P.P.S. At least AIR is semi-legitimate, though, seeming to be wrapped in red-tape. I got the scissors. Turn this into a media-frenzy. Double-bonus, after the tape is cut.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Welcome to the world of Crypto-coins. This is not just YOUR money you are playing with. This isn't a game.
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Now, I wonder if the new revelations about the "Team" we are dealing with, and the ramifications of tax issues that are coming to light, will provoke some kind of response.

Beuller.....?Beuller...?Anybody?

Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:39:07 PM

So, lets do some math here, business-professionals of AIRcoin...

AIA stands for the Allied Investors Association. It was started by Thomas Jackson, with a private group of investors, students, and professors at a University in the United States. Originally they invested in Stocks, Forex, Options, and other older financial markets, but now put their focus to the future: Cryptocurrencies.

Or, in other words, if Satoshi Nakamoto is the Genius Father of Cryptocurrency as an advancement in cryptotechnology, then Thomas Jackson is its Genius Uncle as an advancement in cryptotechnology in world economics.

What is the University policy for, "using University resources for personal gains". (That includes teachers, students and facility hardware.) Will the University be claiming this income? I can't seem to find your "registration as an LLC", anywhere.

2,500,000 AIRcoin premine. (Coins mined, prior to public-allowance. Property/earnings of the development team.)

First public market "fair-value" date was March 14th 2014 23:00:00, at an opening price of 0.002 BTC/AIR, which places BTC's value at about $630.00.

Simple: (($630.00 USD/BTC * 0.002 BTC/AIR = $1.26 USD/AIR) * 2,500,000 AIR = $3,150,000 USD) * 20% taxes = $630,000 USD taxes owed

ALT Calc: ((2,500,000 AIR * 0.002 BTC/AIR = 5,000 BTC) * $630.00 USD/BTC = $3,150,000 USD) * 20% taxes = $630,000 USD taxes owed

Taxes due quarterly for businesses, not yearly. Ouch! (Oh wait, that quarter ended on the 31st of March. I am sure the IRS will overlook that in an audit. xD I hear the IRS is real understanding to things like that.)

Now... if that "realized income" ends-up being "realized" at only 1.5 BTC, at today's prices... That would be a "realized value", as a loss, thus, not taxable on those "gains of income". Then your "taxes" would be adjusted as such, a "loss" in "gains and losses". Just throwing some food for thought out there. (Until that is "realized", you will be forced to pay taxes on the "estimates of value", at "fair market value". You would not get money back, if later it turned into a loss. The govt. does not work that way. Since, after all, it is all 100% "mined income". You mined it.)

P.S. Didn't you also admit to making an additional 1.5 BTC from AIR... Guess that was made at a higher price than the opening 0.002 BTC/AIR. The IRS may want to adjust for that "realization of value". I'll have to ask them tonight, when I sit down to dinner with the employee living in my house. Tongue Want me to ask her anything specific?

P.P.S. I'll have a nice set of "losses" to use as tax-write-offs this year, if all goes well. But hey, that can change. (I am still sure it will. For us.)

P.P.P.S. Or the coins could be "destroyed", with a "realized value" of $0.00, thus, no income. (So, in your trade formulas, after the 20% taxes, you will have to make at-least 5% additional, to fill the "claims" of "5% constantly rising value", just to make 0% yourselves, unless you cash-out the premine, which has already been claimed in taxes. Oh, I believe the $3-million mark places you in luxury-taxes for income BTW, as a business. Not sure if the 20% us common people pay for gains and losses applies to those in "luxury tax-brackets". Might be closer to 35% for you guys, as individuals in the company. This will be interesting.)

As an "Investor", I like to know how these things are handled, before investing further. As a large holder of investment, I demand to know the answers to these things. Though, there are others with greater holdings than I. Proof required, not just statements, since, after-all, this is a "business", where essentially, by law, you are selling shares and we are "employees contracted to mine the rest of our earnings", which you said you will "control".

P.P.P.P.S. My bid is still up, to buy all of existing AIR. Tongue ("Investors" not recommended to sell at my bid-offer, only AIRteam.)

P.P.P.P.P.S. At least AIR is semi-legitimate, though, seeming to be wrapped in red-tape. I got the scissors. Turn this into a media-frenzy. Double-bonus, after the tape is cut.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Welcome to the world of Crypto-coins. This is not just YOUR money you are playing with. This isn't a game.
Would you calm down, please? It's not funny anymore.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:10:39 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 02:45:14 PM by ISAWHIM

Would you calm down, please? It's not funny anymore.

What isn't funny? Who is trying to be funny?

You see investors running to buy AIR?

I am buying and mining, still. ( http://air.carbonshark.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool )

Are you saying these things never crossed your mind? You don't think these things are not crossing others minds? You want the coin to turn around, then these things have to be addressed. Would you rather have waited until you were nose-deep in AIR, before any of this was addressed?

I am calm. What implied that I was not calm? I am not the one hiding, dicking around with your money. Last time I checked, I was buying your debt. I can stop buying AIR.

I can't market this in the present state. Nor can they. Give me something to market.

P.S. Every time I buy, that bot lists above, with an auto-sell, and pulls the market down further. (AIRbot?)

P.P.S. The more miners that leave, the more we make, and he makes, and the more that the other bot/person (or AIRbot) is able to cash-out. Choke him out, throw more miners at AIR. He won't be able to sell for less. (You want the value to rise, that is what you have to do. I can't be more clear about it than that.)

Want to know me... Feel free to PM me, or email me, or chat with me in person on skype, or stalk my website (way outdated), or if you want to see my humor... visit my twitter account that is also outdated, but funny to read (The better stuff is near the middle and bottom). https://twitter.com/ISAWHIM
Real_GM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:33:03 PM

I enjoy ISAWHIM's response most of the time.  He seems pretty calm to me.

He is identifying the potential issues of Aircoin and as such, the AirTeam can take that into account if they ever decide to pop back in.

I don't really mind that they failed their investment algorithm, that's just... real life and the risk of trying something different, it happens. But what really irks me is the lack of communication. I tried to keep things positive here and encourage the Devs to communicate on the forum, but that seemed slightly fruitless.

The truth is, I don't really want to spend too much energy on Aircoin anymore since if the community's effort do succeed in reviving the coin, the benefactor is the team who failed and abandoned us.

I truly hope that the Aircoin team can come back but the silence is rather discouraging.

Nonetheless, it is NEVER TOO LATE to try something new to jumpstart the coin AircoinTeam. Don't give up too easily.

In the meantime, I'm just going to hold.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
crunner

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:43:01 PM

I don't mind ISAWHIM postings either; he might be poking a sleeping bear, but arguably this bear needs poking.

I think I understand why the developers are silent - they haven't demonstrated much skill in the communication department. The original whitepaper was full of suggestions and hints of new ideas and approaches to building/maintaining coin value that were enticing - at least to me, as a newbie - but had some awkward phrasing and ideas that didn't quite seem to gel, along with an alarming tendency to toss out formulas and call that communication. Or education. If the developers are, in fact, students of the 'Chicago School' it would seem they skipped a lot of their English/Comm classes. Like most economists do.

Subsequent communications got progressively worse - my eyes nearly bugged out of my head when I saw those two photos - and this isn't exactly a patient audience. If the developers are, in fact, assembling a new plan I imagine (hope?) they're thinking very hard about what they're going to say next and how they're going to say it.

Here's my communication to them: you had a theory about how to control an alt-currency market. It didn't work, which often happens when expectations meet reality. The reason there's something called the 'Chicago School' is that there's different schools of thought on economics, free markets, etc. Everybody knows this stuff isn't black and white. And even if you have a great idea, well, sometimes the oncoming truck swerves into your lane. Now, in the face of adversity, is when you show us what you're really made of. And if you're not up to it, that's okay too: DESTROY THE PREMINE and hand over the controls.

Here's a formula: developer + community = price. In the absence of a developer, the formula is even simpler.

Context: I hold ~2400 aircoins, mostly mined. I'm still mining. And I've got a crazy idea: let's not sell it cheap.
zugvogel21

Activity: 995

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:53:17 PM

I don't mind ISAWHIM postings either; he might be poking a sleeping bear, but arguably this bear needs poking.

I think I understand why the developers are silent - they haven't demonstrated much skill in the communication department. The original whitepaper was full of suggestions and hints of new ideas and approaches to building/maintaining coin value that were enticing - at least to me, as a newbie - but had some awkward phrasing and ideas that didn't quite seem to gel, along with an alarming tendency to toss out formulas and call that communication. Or education. If the developers are, in fact, students of the 'Chicago School' it would seem they skipped a lot of their English/Comm classes. Like most economists do.

Subsequent communications got progressively worse - my eyes nearly bugged out of my head when I saw those two photos - and this isn't exactly a patient audience. If the developers are, in fact, assembling a new plan I imagine (hope?) they're thinking very hard about what they're going to say next and how they're going to say it.

Here's my communication to them: you had a theory about how to control an alt-currency market. It didn't work, which often happens when expectations meet reality. The reason there's something called the 'Chicago School' is that there's different schools of thought on economics, free markets, etc. Everybody knows this stuff isn't black and white. And even if you have a great idea, well, sometimes the oncoming truck swerves into your lane. Now, in the face of adversity, is when you show us what you're really made of. And if you're not up to it, that's okay too: DESTROY THE PREMINE and hand over the controls.

Here's a formula: developer + community = price. In the absence of a developer, the formula is even simpler.

Context: I hold ~2400 aircoins, mostly mined. I'm still mining. And I've got a crazy idea: let's not sell it cheap.

+1

Word!!

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Bilbo Bagacoins

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:57:59 PM

This coin has become a vacuum.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:04:06 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 12:15:01 AM by ISAWHIM

This coin has become a vacuum.

This coin has become a solo-miners haven again. Though, still better luck in a pool.

Might even be a few CPU miners in the pool I am in. Tongue (Or old nvidia cards.)

3.2MHs is returning about 150-160 AIR per day. Get it before the diff goes back up. The only way to get the value to rise is to keep that reward for everyone low. If you stopped mining it, you are just contributing to the devaluation of your holdings.

If you pool isn't paying-out everyone on every block, proportionally... (Just a few on fast blocks.) Then the pool you are in, is not setup correctly. Try mining on this pool, and you will see the rewards are better. http://air.carbonshark.com/

EG, find a short-time block, if there are 20 miners, but only 3-8 got paid on that short block, due to lack of shares... That pool is shorting you and rewarding those "lucky few". Every block should have proportional rewards of every miner within every block. Not going to point fingers, but there are a couple of pools still improperly setup for distributed rewards for fast coins like AIR.

Only a fool sells coins this low, on a coin this young. Tongue My gain.
Sprite160

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

My apologies for air.carbonshark.com having a small outage earlier. The storms took out a transformer, and the power company time to repair was greater than the four hours of run-time on my 3000VA UPS. I did not have my generator in the auto-transfer position.. Again, I apologize.

xhan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:03:58 AM

I know there was a pretty good storm that went thru North Central Texas yesterday - prob. not the same one that affected you... pretty impressive that you have such a serious UPS as well as a backup gen.  Now if only we can get even a fraction of that type of dedication from the dev team - fingers crossed that they are cooking up something worthwhile... like everyone says, it wouldn't hurt to just chime in... or update something on the airteam site.
'we are working on x' or 'stay tuned'... just a little reassurance would go a long way in securing new miners etc etc.

Of course, gleaning much from Isawhim's insight.  The fact that this coin has attracted some 'above average' participants is refreshing to say the least.

My apologies for air.carbonshark.com having a small outage earlier. The storms took out a transformer, and the power company time to repair was greater than the four hours of run-time on my 3000VA UPS. I did not have my generator in the auto-transfer position.. Again, I apologize.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:50:09 AM

I would really like to mine aircoin again, but I don't know...this new Groestl algo is so nice...easy mininig and low temps. Maybe tomorrow I move them back to air for some easy coins too. It's not like I'm mining for short term profits anyway. That's why I have my day job. I already have 1500 aircoins, but it don't hurt to get more if devs actually come back with the good news.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
zjz_lgd

Activity: 173

zjz_lgd

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:47:08 AM

how to mine it ? Huh

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
Sprite160

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:48:08 AM

I know there was a pretty good storm that went thru North Central Texas yesterday - prob. not the same one that affected you... pretty impressive that you have such a serious UPS as well as a backup gen.  Now if only we can get even a fraction of that type of dedication from the dev team - fingers crossed that they are cooking up something worthwhile... like everyone says, it wouldn't hurt to just chime in... or update something on the airteam site.
'we are working on x' or 'stay tuned'... just a little reassurance would go a long way in securing new miners etc etc.

Of course, gleaning much from Isawhim's insight.  The fact that this coin has attracted some 'above average' participants is refreshing to say the least.

Thank you for the compliment. I own a small IT support company that also provides web/email hosting and off-site backup for my customers, so I already have the equipment. I did install a server for just the pool operations that I started. It is great that there are people that are willing to provide help and suggestions that make mining and pool operation better for all of us. I think I need to move forward with my plan to create a website for pool reviews and support. I think it could be invaluable to have ratings for pools, and even some kind of rating/warning about pool users, especially for outing any scammers. Scammers can be miners as well as pool operators. Suggestions to make pools operate better or more fairly to miners can be a great service to all. It could also be a place for coin developers to find pool operators for new coins. I welcome any suggestions and offers of help in creating this.

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: