Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137206 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:44:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 07:56:42 AM by ISAWHIM

Ok, well, this pulls my miners off the coin...

x11 just killed one of my GPU's trying to get it setup for this coin's future multi-scrypt, using darkcoin. That just put me $400+ in the hole.

Now I know why dark and hiro are tanking. They only work on a hand-full of miners until the miners die.

Seriously, these are your role-models for this coins future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 08:13:21 AM

x11 is the future. More GPU friendly then anything out there, it even lets your GPU run cooler.

Check out www.hirocoin.org.

How did you kill your card ? If you post about it on the hirocoin forum, we can help you prevent that in the future. I've never heard about actually breaking a GPU with bad settings before !

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:48:54 AM

x11 just killed one of my GPU's trying to get it setup for this coin's future multi-scrypt, using darkcoin. That just put me $400+ in the hole.

Now I know why dark and hiro are tanking. They only work on a hand-full of miners until the miners die.

? Ive been mining hiro and drk and never had any problem. Any card could die, you just had bad luck. Nothing to do with x11
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:56:04 AM

You probably have a faulty card, no need to blame it on the algo, never seen anyone complaining on darkcoin/hero threads about card breaking under x11 algo.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:04:43 AM

I was on the settings from the darkcoin settings, took half an hour to even get it to function, then it ran for about ten minutes and popped. Two others showed as overheating but they were not. Now they hash lower than before and the other one is just dead. It's not just me. Google it.

I wasn't even at any decent speeds running.

Yea, it was my card... And all the other cards that I keep now reading about getting fried, after searching to find out why mine fried.

That is running cooler because it is doing less. Run scrypt cooler and it does less. Sorry, but it is over. Those who can mine, might, those who can't, will just avoid it. It is only GPU friendly to the cards it works on.

Not taking that risk on more cards. They run fine on scrypt.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:10:18 AM

Strange what you are describing sounds a lot more like what people have had happen with Vertcoin, never heard of it with Darkcoin algo, I will need to look into this. What do you mean by doing less? My gpu's hash 3x more using the sgminer for x11.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:15:11 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 09:25:57 AM by ISAWHIM

Strange what you are describing sounds a lot more like what people have had happen with Vertcoin, never heard of it with Darkcoin algo, I will need to look into this. What do you mean by doing less? My gpu's hash 4x more using the sgminer for x11.

"Doing less"... it was hashing faster, but that is not "scrypt hash", it is doing the other hash faster, because that does less, so it calculates with different results. Takes less time to do it. But anyways, that would be like saying sha256 is "faster" because the hash-rate is measured differently. It isn't any faster, just different. My hash-rates started out fast, then slowed down to a crawl, then it shut down two cards and the third one just popped. The GPU is burnt-up with a brown hole on one corner, just off-center.

Maybe they are using one of the scrypts from them. I don't know what vert uses. However I only got into one block, before it fried. Not sure which scrypt it was, but it didn't appear to heat up my other cards, just my powercolor 7970's. I don't have time to get into troubleshooting, or re-configuring all my tuned miners for more "special coins". These cards will have a new home anyways, soon. What I have left. (Powercolors are about 80% of my cards.)

Thanks for checking-up... But I am sorry. This just isn't for me now. Too much of a risk and hassle coin.

Too many changes, too fast, without consideration to even ask... "Hey, guys doing the money-draining work, and holding the majority of investment... What do you think about us doing this..."

Just wake-up and poof, reward halved and decaying earnings on top of decaying returns from mining growth, and falling prices. That is five negatives in a row, and no positives. I re-evaluated the situation, and made a final determination that I can no longer support the cause. Apparently, I am not the only one with that belief.
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:48:09 AM

OK, kids. It's Sunday --  put down the bong for a couple of minutes and give us some answers. You can re-watch Pineapple Express another day.

And we don't even need pictures of you holding signs in between classes. So... that will save you some time right there...

hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:29:03 AM

I cant believe the University of Chicago allowed you guys to use the University name....as in the home of Milton Friedman [father of Monetarism & Noble prize winner]  Undecided

I will hold my AIRcoin even though its 1/2 its expected debut price.

I'm pretty sure 1 phone call and you are all in/on Forbes, CNBC, Bloomberg.

I hope you guys would turn down any such interview.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:31:07 AM

I cant believe the University of Chicago allowed you guys to use the University name....as in the home of Milton Friedman [father of Monetarism & Noble prize winner]  Undecided

This is a very good point, I would have thought there was real journalistic interest in a project like this..... has someone made the call?
sussex

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:33:28 AM

Strange what you are describing sounds a lot more like what people have had happen with Vertcoin, never heard of it with Darkcoin algo, I will need to look into this. What do you mean by doing less? My gpu's hash 4x more using the sgminer for x11.

"Doing less"... it was hashing faster, but that is not "scrypt hash", it is doing the other hash faster, because that does less, so it calculates with different results. Takes less time to do it. But anyways, that would be like saying sha256 is "faster" because the hash-rate is measured differently. It isn't any faster, just different. My hash-rates started out fast, then slowed down to a crawl, then it shut down two cards and the third one just popped. The GPU is burnt-up with a brown hole on one corner, just off-center.

Maybe they are using one of the scrypts from them. I don't know what vert uses. However I only got into one block, before it fried. Not sure which scrypt it was, but it didn't appear to heat up my other cards, just my powercolor 7970's. I don't have time to get into troubleshooting, or re-configuring all my tuned miners for more "special coins". These cards will have a new home anyways, soon. What I have left. (Powercolors are about 80% of my cards.)

Thanks for checking-up... But I am sorry. This just isn't for me now. Too much of a risk and hassle coin.

Too many changes, too fast, without consideration to even ask... "Hey, guys doing the money-draining work, and holding the majority of investment... What do you think about us doing this..."

Just wake-up and poof, reward halved and decaying earnings on top of decaying returns from mining growth, and falling prices. That is five negatives in a row, and no positives. I re-evaluated the situation, and made a final determination that I can no longer support the cause. Apparently, I am not the only one with that belief.

I have to question your logic here, you are getting out when the price is at it's lowest and there are developments on the horizon?

Particularly after you have spent a few weeks on this thread extolling the longer term potential of Air.
hughjays77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:33:55 AM

Powercooler may be cheaper but is well known as an inferior brand. I mined Darkcoin for weeks with no problems. I still switch between script, script-n, keccak & X11. Get used to it because only a moron[in a nice way] thinks Script is going to survive past June this year

hughjays77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:37:56 AM

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness. Its the way of the world and not something regular folk can comprehend.

I just hope they 'continue' to get their act together and refuse any such interviews until the time is right.

This is a very good point, I would have thought there was real journalistic interest in a project like this..... has someone made the call?
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:42:33 AM

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness.

you guys are serious ? Let me take you some pictures from all parisian universities today too, I'm president of all of them, trust me  Grin
No one cares about the retard Chicago part (and most of that Friedman/Hayek/school of chicago shit is ridiculed these days and even considered pretty much the root of all evil in the rest of the world by now, but that's another story ^^ ) ,buy orders are close to non existent, it they can come up with something CONCRETE today, like their x11 revamped thingie , that's good, otherwise, game over, as most think it already is.
sussex

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:42:46 AM

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness. Its the way of the world and not something regular folk can comprehend.

I just hope they 'continue' to get their act together and refuse any such interviews until the time is right.

Everybody's logic seems skewed this morning, or maybe it's me, what is your thinking behind delaying any potential exposure in the MSM?
flinchy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:44:45 AM

I was on the settings from the darkcoin settings, took half an hour to even get it to function, then it ran for about ten minutes and popped. Two others showed as overheating but they were not. Now they hash lower than before and the other one is just dead. It's not just me. Google it.

Yea, it was my card... And all the other cards that I keep now reading about getting fried, after searching to find out why mine fried.

That is running cooler because it is doing less. Run scrypt cooler and it does less. Sorry, but it is over. Those who can mine, might, those who can't, will just avoid it. It is only GPU friendly to the cards it works on.

yeah uh.. i googled 'darkcoin gpu broken' and 'hirocoin' and 'x11 broken GPU' and yeah no results.

yeah that's not X11's fault, that's the VRM's failing and giving your card WAY too many volts.

i agree 100% with that second last line though ... absolutely no input from the community, even if what they're doing is right.

now THAT part is easily answered with that not being the right time yet.. it's too soon for that level of attention.

Everybody's logic seems skewed this morning, or maybe it's me, what is your thinking behind delaying any potential exposure in the MSM?

it would make the coin out of control for the forseeable future.. loads of buy orders, dumps, a massive amount of new hash rate that the reward isn't calculating for...

it has to be stable enough before getting 'big'.

i'm tempted to buy a couple BTC worth at <.001/AIR... it seems cheap for what 'should' happen soon enough Wink
sussex

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:47:14 AM

Trust me.....they are in a position like Harvard MBA's [endless offers, many refusals] They may not be saying and holding back but if they are who they say they are[ and I believe them ] then one call and they are on Bloomberg, CNBC or FoxBusiness.

you guys are serious ? Let me take you some pictures from all parisian universities today too, I'm president of all of them, trust me  Grin
No one cares about the retard Chicago part (and most of that Friedman/Hayek/school of chicago shit is ridiculed these days and even considered pretty much the root of all evil in the rest of the world by now, but that's another story ^^ ) ,buy orders are close to non existent, it they can come up with something CONCRETE today, like their x11 revamped thingie , that's good, otherwise, game over, as most think it already is.

The "retard Chjcago part" is a good story for the media, whether you think so or not.
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:50:11 AM

Sure, just bring them that campus picture and see if they bite. Although they bought (or rather sold to everyone) the iraki WMD fairytale, so everything is possible
0.00075 btw, pulse is weakening. Better hurry  Cheesy
sussex

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:50:19 AM

yeah uh.. i googled 'darkcoin gpu broken' and 'hirocoin' and 'x11 broken GPU' and yeah no results.

yeah that's not X11's fault, that's the VRM's failing and giving your card WAY too many volts.

i agree 100% with that second last line though ... absolutely no input from the community, even if what they're doing is right.

now THAT part is easily answered with that not being the right time yet.. it's too soon for that level of attention.

it would make the coin out of control for the forseeable future.. loads of buy orders, dumps, a massive amount of new hash rate that the reward isn't calculating for...

it has to be stable enough before getting 'big'.

Too soon?

It has to be alive to be stable, the media silence on this coin has been it's biggest problem and is the main reason that targets have been completely missed.
sussex

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:52:20 AM

Sure, just bring them that campus picture and see if they bite. Although they bought the iraki WMD fairytale, so everything is possible  Cheesy

I am assuming that the devs are genuine, in which case the media will bite.

I would agree, however, that the photos raise suspicions rather than soothes them - probably better to lose them.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: