Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:29:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137208 times)
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:20:54 PM

Closing in on 1Gh again..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:45:25 PM

Very interesting !

Have you considered - that you can rent MH/s for hours or days to help the coin - this could be another angle to use for the investment pool ?

That is also very interesting and a good idea. If the devs would earn BTC from some sales, they can indeed rent some high hashpower to keep the network healthy.
What a stupid idea. Miners are not going to compete with developers who already have over 90% of the coins.
This. ^
Don't waste money renting rigs, miners are gonna take care of that as soon as mining this coin is worth it (0.01BTC/MH/day+).

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
qumatru

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

air.okaypool are you allright? Cheesy website down
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

24 hour report was a great idea! Restored my confidence instantly! If more coins took a note from you guys then we might not see the failing crypto economy that we are seeing right now.

I believe these around the clock updates and feedback from the dev team will be the sole reason that this coin will eventually rise above the rest.

To many coins are made these days by lackluster devs ( if we should even call most of them that ) ... It seems everybody thinks they can make a coin.

It's for this reason that I invested nearly all of my free btc into AIR and am holding for a long time.

If alexander and his team can't be recognized for the immense progress they've made in creating a stable crypto economy, than I will lose my faith in the crypto world.

If the crypto community is too naïve to educate themselves by reading the documents that you guys have professionally provided, than I will also lose my faith in the crypto world.

It's pathetic how much backlash these dev's have received. EVERY TIME my jaw drops because the trolls infuriate me, but the team handles all of them complete professionally.  Quite literally tearing their argument to shreds in the most respectable way possible.

Thank you to Alexander, Solomon, Aether, Proteus, Theseus, DEV O, and all other team members.

The degree of professionalism present in all of your every day endeavors is widely absent entirely from that of other coin's communities.

These Team Members are what separates AIRcoin from every other coin out their. It's not the coin, It's the people behind it.

Poloniex Moderator
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:44:50 PM

Very interesting !

Have you considered - that you can rent MH/s for hours or days to help the coin - this could be another angle to use for the investment pool ?

That is also very interesting and a good idea. If the devs would earn BTC from some sales, they can indeed rent some high hashpower to keep the network healthy.
What a stupid idea. Miners are not going to compete with developers who already have over 90% of the coins.
This. ^
Don't waste money renting rigs, miners are gonna take care of that as soon as mining this coin is worth it (0.01BTC/MH/day+).

Better mine what is more profitable and use those money as you like , buy or not.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:55:38 PM

I see Aircoin as a really stable alt coin that isn't pumped and dumped to oblivion like many other coins I have been following of late. I do hope for the great success of it and will be following it closely. I see the DEV and PROMO team are really organized in their approach and planning as well. I notice a stable pricing on Poloniex too.
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:10:04 PM

A note on the market:

For the entirety of today, there has been a struggle against the large sell wall at .002 AIR/BTC. There is the highest level of demand since our launch right now, as measured by the strength and weight of the buy orders but it will take hours or days to break through the 500~1000 AIR barriers keeping the price below that. You can see that in the 2hr charts:

Without that large sell wall, the price would have begun rising past .002 easily earlier, and instead it has bounced off. The wall was broken down, but it keeps being replenished. I believe part of this wall is residual from the initial dump (where prices spiked down for the first time). The second dump (where prices hit their lowest yesterday) has already been completely recovered from.

One theory is that someone does not want AIRcoin's price to reach $1.30 USD/AIR, as it would make the market capitalization come very close to overrunning Megacoin in market capitalization. The other theory is that, at .002, most coins mined at peak hashrates (difficulty over 22) right before the launch would no longer be profitable to sell any lower, making that the lowest reasonable price for them to sell at. Either way, There is definite support behind the coin, but it may take us a few days to "tear down the wall" so to say, and the price will continue to bounce between .0015 and .002 until that happens.

This indicates, as some of you have said, buying any coin below .002 is indeed a "bargain".

Once the price breaks free of .002 and begins to rise, the investment pool's size should be (depending on what the average buy price before that point has been, right now I'd estimate it at close to .0017 or lower) worth about 9 BTC, marking another 50% gain.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:43:58 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 11:52:18 PM by Turpomann

Tru us!

okaypool sucks. 2% fee,0.01 automatic TX fee and 0.1 manual TX fee. Also it's on suspicious webhost. My peerblock blocked it.

edit: manual payout TX fee was changed to 0.01 now.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
AIRcoin Proteus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:09:10 PM

QOINPRO

Get coins every 24h without complications. You need just to join. Cheesy

Join -> http://qoinpro.com/6b362bee19cd349ff1c9254b8b63c0cc <- and get free
Bitcoin (BTC) , Litecoin (LTC), Worldcoin (WDC), InfiniteCoin (IFC), FedoraCoin (TIPS), Feathercoin (FTC), Earthcoin (EAC)
Every 24h you get a small Amount of this coins, you just need to register. (You can use a Spam-Email or something else Smiley )

Seeing as this is the AIRcoin thread, I find it appropriate to ask: do you give AIRcoins? Smiley
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

Couldn't resist to buy some more @0.0016 earlier today, I have a feeling it's not going to dip that levels again.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

Nice... touched 18th and over $3 million .....  Diff moving up with hash-rate.

^ I am with STUPID!
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:27:48 PM

Hopefully team airs plans don't include sell walls going up, looking good for now, would still be nice to see 0.003 before it hits coin market cap.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:44:48 PM

Yes,I fall in the coins

Watch your head , as it may hurt a lot.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:13:34 AM

Hopefully team airs plans don't include sell walls going up, looking good for now, would still be nice to see 0.003 before it hits coin market cap.

Here is what they have said.

http://teamaircoin.org/about/#toggle-id-10
Because the investing pool holds more than 50% of the entire traded market at any time, it will always be able to meet buy and sell demands from the market through distribution algorithms. These formulas are derived from Stock Quantified Trading systems.
 A pump is therefore met by an equivalent control rate from the pool, which sells currency off to keep the rate within a certain range, and then the dump is then kept high by buying back the coins at a lower price. .

In broad terms, if the price goes up they can or will sell, and if it goes down they can or will buy.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 12:36:15 AM

A note on the market:

For the entirety of today, there has been a struggle against the large sell wall at .002 AIR/BTC. There is the highest level of demand since our launch right now, as measured by the strength and weight of the buy orders but it will take hours or days to break through the 500~1000 AIR barriers keeping the price below that. You can see that in the 2hr charts:

Without that large sell wall, the price would have begun rising past .002 easily earlier, and instead it has bounced off. The wall was broken down, but it keeps being replenished. I believe part of this wall is residual from the initial dump (where prices spiked down for the first time). The second dump (where prices hit their lowest yesterday) has already been completely recovered from.

One theory is that someone does not want AIRcoin's price to reach $1.30 USD/AIR, as it would make the market capitalization come very close to overrunning Megacoin in market capitalization. The other theory is that, at .002, most coins mined at peak hashrates (difficulty over 22) right before the launch would no longer be profitable to sell any lower, making that the lowest reasonable price for them to sell at. Either way, There is definite support behind the coin, but it may take us a few days to "tear down the wall" so to say, and the price will continue to bounce between .0015 and .002 until that happens.

This indicates, as some of you have said, buying any coin below .002 is indeed a "bargain".

Once the price breaks free of .002 and begins to rise, the investment pool's size should be (depending on what the average buy price before that point has been, right now I'd estimate it at close to .0017 or lower) worth about 9 BTC, marking another 50% gain.

Ok. I'll admit it. The first dump was me, testing how  the team would respond. I was not disapointed Smiley
The current sell wall is not mine.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:54:09 AM

Because the investing pool holds more than 50% of the entire traded market at any time, it will always be able to meet buy and sell demands from the market through distribution algorithms. These formulas are derived from Stock Quantified Trading systems.
 A pump is therefore met by an equivalent control rate from the pool, which sells currency off to keep the rate within a certain range, and then the dump is then kept high by buying back the coins at a lower price. .

In broad terms, if the price goes up they can or will sell, and if it goes down they can or will buy.

It is a very sweet model, seems almost unfair really.

I think you need to expect steady, gradual gains rather than massive hikes in price - the system could not sustain itself for any length of time if it suppressed dumps but allowed pumps free reign. The model exerts a gentle upwards influence on the price.

Usual caveat, I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:53:37 AM

We have a new release, as promised. AIRcoin: The First 24 Hours. This post outlines out approach, troubles, solutions, and plans for the future in the development of AIRcoin.

Read it on our Documents Page: http://teamaircoin.org/docs/
Direct Link PDF: AIRcoin: The First 24 Hours

It puts some hard data to the Investment Pool, and gives a simple, organized explanation of how it works, and explains why AIR is more profitable to mine than SPA, or any other scrypt coin listed on coinwarz right now, and through that, interestingly enough, it explains very well the exact discussion about mining difficulty that is going on in this thread. Soon following this, we will have a revised version of the whitepaper to spread as well, that will explain even more complex phenomena.

This release is also the start of an AIRcoin community project: Expand the Atmosphere. We are sponsoring media coverage, and while we pursue major locations, we want the users of AIRcoin to spread the word through every social network. Show them the documents,  ask them to read them and look at the website, if they understand our coin, they'll do what they want to. But we need the world to know about AIRcoin, now that we are operational. Rewards will be offered for exceptional results, to help support our community

This will involve an improvement to our Reddit, Forums, Website, and other presences online as well. We have contacted CoinMarketCap to get AIRcoin listed, as well as the following groups:

Cryptocoin News
Cryptocoin Updates
Crypto-Source
Altcoin Weekly
Coindesk
Altcoin Fever
Bitcoin Magazine
Altcointoday

We want you guys to be very vocal and direct with us in how we expand from here on. The best way to get people interested in AIRcoin? Ask them: "What do you think of this coin?" Get feedback, criticism, discuss it with them, and through expanding our userbase, hopefully we'll also learn something new.

Hi Team AIRcoin,
Thanks for answering my email this weekend.
On a separate matter, I am curious if you guys have any way yet of dealing with another potential security breach-type scenario on Poloniex. I assume you guys have all coins for your market-making activities there deposited on Poloniex.
Also, as far as your market making activities goes, are you paying Poloniex transaction fees or do you have a special agreement due to being the owner of the coin whereby they waive fees?
Thanks,
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:35:23 AM

I think they should let it rise without putting up too many walls and then stabilize it higher.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:41:58 AM

I did have a worker in my pool that was submitting at one point close to 300% invalid shares. I tried to email this user, no response, disabled his workers until I get a response from him. Fortunately he had his payout set low, and the account has less that .1 AIR in it. I will wait to hear from him.

okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:50:25 AM

now
we up

This is because the IDC from DDOS attacks, has now been solved
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: