Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:21:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:39:46 AM

Can someone test my wallet please

AU9yzjXZtWaQJNL53RDkuh5MY24GxPU7gJ

Thanks.

Tested... enjoy your coin!

... or not... lol... crashed the network! lol. Nice!

Took forever to build that send-coin block. Tongue 4-min!

Nice, got three blocks instantly after that! I'm gonna send more! lol. Real rewarding. Sent 1, found 11.16 coins back from mining, instantly! I think the one I sent it in, was even found by my own miner.
r3s

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:42:03 AM

Cheers got 1 Smiley

1 miner won't seem to connect to the wallet out of 5, must be a network problem somewhere. oh well.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:49:31 AM

Send it back, test my wallet... Tongue JK
See if you hit the jackpot in blocks too...
AQaCkRuRNxwEcMBnGBTy7Cha8eGjRXso1C

We will make millions sending the same single coin back and forth!
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 528

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:56:53 AM

Haha might test it out with my own addresses xD

EDIT: It's a lot of fun finding blocks, but they become "not available" and just dissapear -.-

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:07:42 AM

My quote of "value", was attempting to imply that there is no (quote)value(/quote)... (Singular form).

Eg, some of us are mining for "dollar value", others are mining for "AIR value", others still for "BTC value"... However, the "regulation", as you state, will be strictly limiting/regulating "value"... (Which in your eyes/opinion, is BTC value. A singular "value". If you don't put a value on it, you can't regulate it. You have chosen one value, of the many desires.)

Again, not implying that "you" (or entity), will knowingly harm our value. However, there is no mention of what protections will be in place to stop purposeful leaching of this "regulation". Which can easily tap-out all resources available for regulation.

Have your "regulators", tried this on any existing markets? If they are that good, then we should see this regulation in effect, and you could instantly be able to show us actual rewards, on that "demo market". (Again, this is a new member, with a new coin, simply saying, "trust us".) No credentials, but lots of white-papers written by others.

{NOTE: Still, none of this actually matters to me. Tongue I am just throwing the thoughts rolling out of my head. I am more concerned with final application and execution, not history. However, proof is always better then concept on white-paper.}

Ask the hard/stupid questions now... makes it easier to answer them again later, as they crop-up.

I would like to see a demo of this regulation in action... Do it to a coin with a difficult challenge. "Emerald Coin". That coin has a horribly nice 20-second block-time and is super-sensitive to hoppers and price changes. Would not take much effort to get direct feedback, and returns, with that coin as a test of ability. It is essentially on the bottom, yet, amazingly not on the bottom.

Also, you have a 100-1000 year business plan all set into place, for the ones who take-over regulation once you guys are gone? Since there will still be miners, and reward-regulation will still be a required element of the coins mining-returns.

Gotta love my lame 20-questions... I think I have like 5 more left... xD

Doing good at beating me down, by the way... Real professional responses. (That's another +10 in my book.)

The "regulation" of the price is the result of formulaic buy/sell orders. In other words, we use our premine to "simulate" many users that trade around the free market, at the edges of it, and form resistance for it to make sudden or drastic changes. This is done through buy/sell orders.

To regulate a coin's market, we would need to have a large portion of it (without buying it directly and causing it to move unnaturally) and be able to control the inflation rate. Since that is only possible with a coin whose wallet we have developed, we won't be able to regulate other coins - only our own. We can trade against or with other coins, however, but our ability to prevent significant changes in the exchange rate can only be spread so thin.

The 100-1000 year time is simply an estimate of how long it would take to mine all of the coins, not necessarily a business plan. If we were to simply stop regulating the price entirely, I imagine there would be a sudden drop in price in response, for fear of a crash. A sudden drop in price would cause the block reward to rise dramatically, and "burn out" the coin very quickly through inflation, in under that 100 year time.

If the exchange rate doesn't drop after (for some strange reason) we stop regulating it, then, well, there's no need for us to continue regulating it because it seems to be doing fine on its own by then. We can't really (nor can anyone) with certainty what consumer demand would be like decades from now.

Our development team has decided to Subsidize pool fees to encourage many pools being set up.

For pools with hashrates over 15M/H on that day:

1. Cryptsy
2. Bter
3. Poloniex
4. BTC-E

But we are willing to pursue and focus our campaign on whatever exchange that the users consider the best, ideal choice for opening the coin on.

We are looking for exchanges with high volume, many coins, and an exceptional API. Which of those four exchanges (or ones that we have overlooked) do you feel is best suited for AIRcoin?

We should note that any and all exchanges must conform to the laws within their state and country regarding cryptocurrency exchanges.

Coinmarket.io and Mcxnow are both very responsive sites, a joy to use, and I think they are both bigger than Poloniex.

Cryptsy is always lethargic and sometimes unusable, I'm not that keen on them. Getting coins in and out of Cryptsy is always slow in my experience.

BTC-E has a very limited coin market choice, I wouldn't really consider them major in that sense.

Bter is just strange and often problematic - withdrawals can be painfully slow.

I do like Poloniex, but it is rather low volume.

Thanks for the input.
r3s

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:24:10 AM

Coinex?
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:32:23 AM

mcxNOW (talk to RealSolid)... Just don't mention me. Tongue

Haha might test it out with my own addresses xD

EDIT: It's a lot of fun finding blocks, but they become "not available" and just dissapear -.-

Then you are seeing "orphans"... They were real blocks, but the mini-fork you were on, has been over-run by the larger fork. Thus, it has to remove those rewards, since they were on the "wrong fork".

Are you getting a lot of those? You may be too far away from the faster nodes. That, or you are on one slow node, which is just doing its own thing, unable to keep-up with distribution.

Try shutting the wallet down, wait a second, and start it again. (If you had a list of connections, the fastest responding ones will become your "new links". That far-link or slow-link will not respond fast enough to link-up.)

Well, until the node issue and connection issue is resolved... that is how it should work. (I get that on fast-coins all the time.)

Also, try to change the work-load size to 64 not 256... that can sometimes help you submit faster. Since you are "done working" 4x faster than still processing a larger work-load. Though, that will add more rejects, since you are submitting real close to others who just found a coin. As opposed to still processing work, and then the work gets reset, thus, no submit, thus less rejects submitted. (Do not do this if it slows-down your miners. For me, it actually speed them up. ? Less thread congestion from bandwidth, from the smaller work-loads?)
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:43:21 AM

Might want to talk to multipool... If you want a real challenge for regulation and hopper-test. He will throw 800MHs to 5GHs at your coin. Drive diff right up through the roof, then come back once it is low enough to gain again. (Best way to test your coin in the wild.)

Though BTCe has limitations to coins they use. They would be worth paying to adopt this coin. That will create cross-value ties to BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, at the least. Have fun regulating those markets. Tongue Would take millions. (Dogecoin and Megacoin tried that with massive fails. Due to bad intentions, I am sure.)
r3s

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:15:28 AM

Done :p

now where are my blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!
coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:55:34 AM

Additionally, we are beginning dialogues with the following exchanges to begin campaigns for adoption, and we want to know what those of you who have supported us early would prefer this coin to open on. We believe that it is better to be on a few, strong exchanges than be listed on many weak ones, even though the latter may require less effort. The four exchanges we have identified as acceptable are:

1. Cryptsy
2. Bter
3. Poloniex
4. BTC-E

But we are willing to pursue and focus our campaign on whatever exchange that the users consider the best, ideal choice for opening the coin on.

We are looking for exchanges with high volume, many coins, and an exceptional API. Which of those four exchanges (or ones that we have overlooked) do you feel is best suited for AIRcoin?

We should note that any and all exchanges must conform to the laws within their state and country regarding cryptocurrency exchanges.

Hi,

I'm an early miner of AIR and I would like to see it listed on the following exchanges.

1 = mcxNOW - https://mcxnow.com

2 = poloniex - https://poloniex.com

Both exchanges deal primarily with higher value coins.

They are easy to use, fast and reliable in my dealings with them.

BTC-E - probably not at this stage of the coins life.

Cryptsy - dealing with them less, due to delays

username here

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:25:04 AM

Hmm in the world of Bitcoin, a closed source wallet = 99.99% chance of malware designed to steal your bitcoins.

AIRCOIN Solomon

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:41:31 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 06:57:17 AM by AIRCOIN Solomon

Hmm in the world of Bitcoin, a closed source wallet = 99.99% chance of malware designed to steal your bitcoins.

AIRCOINDEV O posted earlier a link to a list of virus scan results posted by forum user Sussex on page 3 of the thread. They can be found at:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a5c6b40a171ef632fcbf7ea641f9f5ff3c9be6319509c966fee54947f2ec0e95/analysis/

Thus far, the users of our wallets have not reported any suspicious activity at all. We want to make sure that everyone's experience with our coin is a good one, so that it can thrive.
coinme.info

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:42:15 AM

You mean like the closed source GOX wallet which is rumoured to have lost 750,000 BTC?

AIRcoin Aether

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:28:00 AM

As you can see, the AIRcoin does not have any viruses attached to it, only a false positive that resulted from the packing method. Don't worry, our wallets are secure. If not, this forum would have been flamed long ago.
coinme.info

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:35:55 AM

Thus far, the users of our wallets have not reported any suspicious activity at all.

I can confirm this.

I've been running 3 wallets on 3 different PCs since launch and I still have my BTCs,
which seem to be worth less by the minute at the moment.

Think I'll keep mining AIR.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:52:56 AM

I didn't get it... send two more, and I'll see if I can locate some form of malleability. Tongue

Sent you a couple blocks-worth of coins, just for fun!
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:35 AM

{
"blocks" : 6240,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.45648631,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 29168713,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
r3s

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:43:19 AM

I didn't get it... send two more, and I'll see if I can locate some form of malleability. Tongue

Sent you a couple blocks-worth of coins, just for fun!

Woah thanks, i didnt even notice it with your sneaky amount slipping through my decimal place radar :p

Thats over 10% of my total now...lol
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:41:56 PM

It's hard to take a coin seriously that doesn't even launch with a linux wallet.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:57:10 PM

Diff is rising. Need a pool soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: