Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137218 times)
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:22:29 AM

Blocks 9290
Version about v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
Version getinfo 80602
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

Blocks 9290
Version about v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
Version getinfo 80602
Is that the linux compile?

Block 9296 now 8:33PM (GMT -5) 12 connections Diff 96K (1.46484375 Diff)
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:33:30 AM

Is that the linux compile?

Windows.
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:33:56 AM

Website still says version 0.8.1 (above the wallet selection links) {consumer downloads}

Windows link is for "AIRcoin-v0.8.7.1_KGW.zip" <-- Correct file
Linux link is for "AIRcoin-v0.8.7.1_KGW_Linux.zip" <-- Correct file

Actual Internal windows version# v0.8.6.2-gda10b75-beta
Actual Internal linux version# v? <-- Anyone have this number from the latest download?

Wallet reporting block 9278 at the moment. Diff 96.1K (1.46636962890625 Diff) 14 connections.

P.S. Nice smooth Gravity-well results... Easy to see hash-rate of network with the diff-change now. Value will be easy to gauge once this hits an exchange. (No having to guess and calculate for 24-hours.)

P.P.S. Don't be too hard on the devs... that was a MAJOR change to the code. Tongue Which they rolled-out rather fast, and smoothly... regardless.

The file names on the website have been fixed. Our website designer originally believed that this update would be 0.8.7.1.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:19:29 AM

I was critical earlier, but this has too much potential to pass by. My mining power is dedicated to AIR, for now.
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:25:17 AM

If anyone wants to mine in my pool, come on over..http://air.carbonshark.com I am a new pool operator, so let me know what I am doing wrong/right.  Grin

gambitminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:53:22 AM

Is it possible to shed a little more light on the existence of the investment group? Also, I don't know if we'll attract any major miners without the source available.

The premine scares me a bit and right now we're taking you guys on your word.

.25% premine = 2,500,000 coins x your expected exchange rate of .0015 = 2875btc worth of AIR, once it goes live on an exchange

This causes a little concern for me. I am currently mining and would like to be a big promoter of this coin, however I would like my mind to be put a bit at ease. The concept of AIR is great if everything goes as planned..
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:14:13 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 04:24:26 AM by Mortimer452

Is it possible to shed a little more light on the existence of the investment group? Also, I don't know if we'll attract any major miners without the source available.

.25% premine = 2,500,000 coins x your expected exchange rate of .0015 = 2875btc worth of AIR, once it goes live on an exchange

This causes a little concern for me. I am currently mining and would like to be a big promoter of this coin, however I would like my mind to be put a bit at ease. The concept of AIR is great if everything goes as planned..

I agree with gambit here.

0.25% premine sounds like a very tiny amount but with 1 billion coins total and based on the current reward structure it is HUMONGOUS.  2 mins per block of 3.72 coin means ~2700 coins per day - that's almost 1,000 days before enough coins are mined to equal your 0.25% premine

I realize the block reward will eventually be modified based on current exchange price, but I assume it will probably not be increased, only decreased?

AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:00:15 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 07:20:41 AM by AIRcoin

I agree with gambit here.

0.25% premine sounds like a very tiny amount but with 1 billion coins total and based on the current reward structure it is HUMONGOUS.  2 mins per block of 3.72 coin means ~2700 coins per day - that's almost 1,000 days before enough coins are mined to equal your 0.25% premine

I realize the block reward will eventually be modified based on current exchange price, but I assume it will probably not be increased, only decreased?

The premine amount is not to pay individuals for work or is owned by the individuals in the team, this is outlined in the whitepaper. If it goes as planned, it will never leave the market place. It's used as a volume lever to amplify gains so that we can keep up with the growth of the exchange rate and keep it stable. For example:

We could have premined only 500,000 coins. Keeping the block reward the same, this would mean we would have 1/5th less volume investment to move in the market. So for 500,000 to have the same 5% exchange rate rise (buying power) that 2,500,000 coins are, instead of making 5% per week, that investment needs to make 5x more, or, 25% per week. Or, we would have to claim only the ability to raise the exchange rate by 1% per week, instead of 5%. So 5x less premine makes it 5x harder to make the same exchange rate rise, or it makes the resulting reward 5x lower.

Since 5% per week is the average expected gain we expect our traders to reasonably get in the market with that volume, this means that if you want the AIRcoin price to rise at the same rate, we need a premine of around 2,500,000 for the block reward and time we set.

So in other words, to maintain that equilibrium and expectations, we need a ratio of premine volume to expected inflation. If we had premined 5,000,000, to raise the exchange rate the same amount, we would only need to make 2.5%. We figured that beyond 2,500,000, any additional premine would be more of a detriment to the coin than it would be a benefit to our ability to trade that volume.

As for the investing group, we have a small group of day traders will take the premine amount and use it to scalp prices to return AIR back to the market at a higher price. That's the crux of the mechanism we have to raising the price. It's like a decentralized investment bank, where no trust is required. So far, according to my knowledge, this is the only coin who has figured out how to create a stable or rising exchange rate without having a destructive algorithm, which even those have a short-term dropping exchange rate.

As for the algorithm, it will move the block reward above and below the 3.72 amount depending on the size of the pool to counteract inflation. So if our buying power doubles, we will buy back AIR to raise the exchange rate 2x and block reward stays the same. But if our buying power doubles, and the exchange rate doubles ON ITS OWN, then the block reward will double, "halving" the exchange rate increase, and then our buying power will come in and double whats left. This way these two systems keep in check. So whether the reward goes up or down is based on the exchange rate disregarding our actions to raise the rate, which means if demand for buying coins is EQUAL to demand for mining coins (no inflation), block reward never moves from 3.72.

These concepts are not terribly radical, they're derived from both how large investment firms move (except we don't maintain accounts, so it remains decentralized and anonymous) and how banks regulate exchange rates between countries.

EDIT: The actual formula is like this (it's a little more complicated in actuality, but this works for 'general' trends)

1 = Change in demand (DeltaD) = [change in price (DeltaP) - Change in investment growth (DeltaI)] / Change in supply (DeltaS) = 1

If Delta D is > 1 (price increases faster than supply and growth of the investment pool) block subsidy is increased to counteract the demand, aka, DeltaS goes up. If D < 1, DeltaS is decreased (block subsidy goes down) to try and trend toward DeltaD = (DeltaP-DeltaI)/DeltaS.
CtrlAltDefeated

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:18:56 AM

Hey guys,

I must apologize for pulling the stratum down last night. I was asked to open an auroracoin pool due to the current pool list being under heavy strain. Within about 2 hours of putting it up I had reached 350 workers and a hashrate of 800MH/s which put my server under some strain. I only started hosting servers looking to support some of the smaller coins and didn't anticipate the explosion that happened (Now know how Blizzard and EA feel).

At any rate I have contacted my host and upgrade is on the cards. Stratum is now back up and everything looks to be running well.

Again I apologise and have set fee's back to 0 for everyone. I would like to mention that cron's were running and you should have been able to withdraw your coins at any point should you have wished to do so.

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:25:06 AM

If anyone wants to mine in my pool, come on over..http://air.carbonshark.com I am a new pool operator, so let me know what I am doing wrong/right.  Grin

Also, added to the main page.
Hey guys,

I must apologize for pulling the stratum down last night. I was asked to open an auroracoin pool due to the current pool list being under heavy strain. Within about 2 hours of putting it up I had reached 350 workers and a hashrate of 800MH/s which put my server under some strain. I only started hosting servers looking to support some of the smaller coins and didn't anticipate the explosion that happened (Now know how Blizzard and EA feel).

At any rate I have contacted my host and upgrade is on the cards. Stratum is now back up and everything looks to be running well.

Again I apologise and have set fee's back to 0 for everyone. I would like to mention that cron's were running and you should have been able to withdraw your coins at any point should you have wished to do so.

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us

Transparency and Honesty is valuable. I'm glad to have you with us.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:29:20 AM

Hey guys,

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us

Looks like the links got a little messed up on Page 1

AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:34:27 AM

Hey guys,

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us

Looks like the links got a little messed up on Page 1

Fixed. Thanks for noting that.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:49:20 AM

This coin seems ineresting.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:00:36 AM

This coin seems ineresting.

No, it doesn't, go away... all these coins are mine... Mine I tell you.... Mine!

Welcome!
gambitminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:19:14 AM

I posted over on the Lazycoins exchange thread on behalf of AIRcoin. Looks like they open up shop on Sunday. The devs may want to contact them about being added. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:24:42 AM

Nice, that's a start... Something to give us early guys a slight advantage to our hoarding!
AIRcoin (OP)

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:35:35 AM

I posted over on the Lazycoins exchange thread on behalf of AIRcoin. Looks like they open up shop on Sunday. The devs may want to contact them about being added. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0

Once we've launched on a more reputable, working exchange we will start spreading to more. But so far we've turned down several offers and have been in negotiation to open on a larger exchange. Our own launch plans are in the works. We're fine with staying off an exchange for a few more days if it means we can make a huge impact when we do arrive, and that we can trust the exchange will still be around in a month's time. This also gives us time to roll out updates like Kimoto's Gravity Well before major interest spikes.

In other words, the quietness behind this coin is not a mistake, it's deliberate, as we plan our strategy for launching on an exchange.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:15:13 AM

Once we've launched on a more reputable, working exchange we will start spreading to more. But so far we've turned down several offers and have been in negotiation to open on a larger exchange. Our own launch plans are in the works. We're fine with staying off an exchange for a few more days if it means we can make a huge impact when we do arrive, and that we can trust the exchange will still be around in a month's time. This also gives us time to roll out updates like Kimoto's Gravity Well before major interest spikes.

In other words, the quietness behind this coin is not a mistake, it's deliberate, as we plan our strategy for launching on an exchange.

I'm glad to hear a Dev say this.
Titus pollo

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:50:16 PM

Hey, i'm mining on new pool , okaypool but it seems having trouble to confirm blocks in comparison of the other pools
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: