Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:07:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:28:20 PM

Bitcoin is the reason why other crypto existed. If bitcoin will be out of the picture, then something bad might happen with other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin purpose is a digital currency and is other option with our fiat money. If it is gone, we can no longer enjoy its purpose as a currency unless other crypto step up and replace bitcoin and its main purpose as a digital money.
My view. Bitcoin is number one of all other coins. If bitcoin falls, other Altcoins will also go down. And if bitcoin rises, other coins will also rise.
It's possible that Altcoin is number one on the marketchap, but bitcoin is the parent of all coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:31:11 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

For me, I think cryptocurrency can still stand even if there is no bitcoin because there are many crptos in the world. Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency but it can still stand without bitcoin and if there is no bitcoin other crypto will be the most popular.
Femhab

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:32:32 PM

Even though BTC have no usability it still remain the standard of trading all alts , this alone is a usability that every governments and users seek the existence of it. Without BTC there won't be altcoin in the first place so BTC can't die.

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:39:14 PM

I do not think that this is possible at the moment. Bitcoin has been and remains the leader in the crypto currency market. It sets the direction for all the other electronic coins that are oriented toward Bitcoin. In the future, perhaps Bitcoin's function will be taken by some other crypto currency, but for the time being this is impossible.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:41:37 PM

No bitcoin is the father in the cryptocurrency world and the main transaction is being done using cryptocurrency only is through bitcoins only...Most of traders are using bitcoins as its the most stable comparing to other bitcoins...So we can assume that without Bitcoin cryptocurrency can not stand
Malya_alkendy

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

Bitcoin comes first, this Cryptocurrency is due to Bitcoin. And I do not think, Cryptocurrency will be able to stand alone without Bitcoin, and if that happens, in my opinion it is a betrayal.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:54:43 PM

I don't think that alt coin could replace bitcoin in coinmarketcap. Because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency which many people had already used until now. If one day bitcoin disappear, the most possible candidate of replacement would be ethereum, which is in the second place in coinmarketcap. But i don't think it will survive either, but hey no one knows what will happen.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:58:51 PM

I don't think any altcoin can replace bitcoin for atleast next 10 years but in future it is possible. We have altcoin because of bitcoins or we all came to know about crypto currency because of bitcoins and trust me bitcoin isn't useless if you think it is then it is not.
daoquanghuan

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:30:35 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

Bitcoin is the oldest and most popular currency in the world. As you can see in the market, nearly 50% of the market capitalization is bitcoin, it also reflects on its enormous influence. Indeed, good technology is unlikely to be the number one, most importantly the user community, the number of people who believe in it, but bitcoin is a decentralized and constantly growing network, it will still play thrive in the future
Jian_Liux

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:35:34 PM

Cryptocurrency will not be able to stand without bitcoin, because bitcoin is an important part of cryptocurrency and bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency present, and to this day it has full trust, and has the highest price among other crypto.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:46:39 PM

which happens to cryptocurrency without bitcoin, I think there will be fewer investors, and will probably have a bad impact on altcoin prices. bitcoin is like a mother, which is the inspiration for other altcoin.
and I think it's possible that another altcoin will replace bitcoin, because altcoin like ethereum keeps rising. but do not know if bitcoin is lost, cryptocurrency will be more interesting or not.
Absolutely No, because of bitcoin crypto world became famous around the world and if bitcoin is gone, crypto will end up badly, maybe it can stay around 1 to 2 years but it will go down. Because no one will invest on it, most of the investors in crypto invest in bitcoin and if bitcoin is gone also the investors will gone.
This is a great argument indeed. In terms of seniority bitcoin exist more than the other coin and this what makes the other coins dependent to it. Moreover there are more people who believes more on bitcoin rather than the other coins because of its potential in the market, and that is one of the advantage of bitcoin. Bitcoin has a lot more difference with other coin, so i firmly believe that bitcoin is the reason why there is still cryptocurrency.

And that's why it will last longer. It's much more secure than the altcoins are because it can't be hacked into or taken over by a majority purchase as easily. It's already being integrated into the existing financial system (which may not necessarily be a good thing, but we'll see) and has more use than other coins in terms of transactions and payments. It's got a huge network of supporters and people trying to use it for innovative new concepts. And it's got a forum named after it.

All this excitement over altcoins isn't worth the energy. Altcoins are just balloons, some inflating much more than others, but all eventually floating back down into nothing. The only ones that will survive are the ones that have real world uses.

Yeah, I agree. It's probably something crazy like 99.5% of altcoins are complete trash with no real utility or value in the long run. The whole industry reflects pretty poorly on even Bitcoin itself since it gets associated with the scams and such.
eveniyk

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

S O A R

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

of usability.

I am sure that in 2-3 years the cryptocurrency market will no longer depend on bitcoin. It is obvious that bitcoin is already beginning to lose its position as a leader.

Shubhamgill33

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:18:38 PM

Bitcoin is the first crypto that got mass attention. If bitcoin dies then it will be a big blow to crypto industry but it will not die. Although it will take some years for this industry to recover after bitcoin.
SK funky

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:30:55 PM

Its slit difficult but ya they can manage when bitcoin is gone other coin try to come but in reality we cannot imagine world without bitcoin
SB16

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:00:30 PM

I don't think Cryptocurrencies can survive without bitcoin.
Techologically and psicologically bitcoin is so stable that if it fails that means the idea of blockchain failed.  The only shot they seem to give is the hyperledger but even that idea is based on fundamentals of the blockchain.
Syarief28

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

Altcoin can develop without bitcoin! and conversely, Bitcoin is only crypto that is very successful in getting and developing Blockchain! in Bitcoin or altcoin that can be replaced by better and more legitimate altcoins in the future
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:48:32 PM

To answer the point of your question: A very, very big Maybe.

But I don't think that is going to happen as bitcoin is still a very popular cryptocurrency out there.
omali

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

Saying "bitcoin is useless in terms of usability" I totally disagree with that. Bitcoin usability didnt just start today. People buy and sell with bitcoin. Even years back, someone bought pizza with bitcoin. So many online businesses now, use bitcoin as payment method and the ones that have not inplemented bitcoin in their payment system are trying to do so.

As for any Alt replacing bitcoin, I don't see that happening. Not in the nearest future. In fact, that coin have not been born yet. Bitcoin is simply the KING!
km4700ruda

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:05:37 AM

It is purely theoretically possible, but in practice it is very early to speak about it. And most investors invest only in bitcoin.
Mark Tabicas

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:40:45 AM

Negative news can unfavorably affect Bitcoin price and is the important causes of Bitcoin fluctuation. However, in practice, negative news can only shatter the first cryptocurrency but not ruin it. So I think a more important reason is the mindset’ of crypto holders. If they have critical mind, they will be able to decide which news they should follow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: