Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2230 times)
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:41:08 PM

Bitcoin is an important factor here. For the price, bitcoin plays a vital role. Many people are joining and investing for bitcoin. Without bitcoin, market will be going down, i think it.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:46:35 PM

Yeah yeah, I think cryptocurrency can very much stand with or without bitcoin . All what's important is blockchain. In as much there's blockchain where all transactions can go through then cryptocurrency will be with or without the availability of bitcoin
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:49:13 PM

Yeah yeah, I think cryptocurrency can very much stand with or without bitcoin . All what's important is blockchain. In as much there's blockchain where all transactions can go through then cryptocurrency will be with or without the availability of bitcoin. Just that market might not do well and we might have a bearish market for a very long time.
doroshok1

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

I believe that cryptocurrency can live without bitcoin. At this point, it certainly seems complicated. And bitcoin can eventually go by the wayside, and then everything will change.

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:34:13 PM

According to my opinion,bitcoin is first currency.Blockchain is technology behind Bitcoin.It´s difficult to imagine that cryptocurrency world exist without Bitcoin but it is possibile in the crypto world.
Absolutely not. Cryptocurrency is behind of bitcoin and it will not run if someone's missing like crypto. The blockchain technology behind it  is bitcoin so it's hard to imagine crypto world without bitcoin.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:46:55 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

It is similar to ask something like medicine without Paracetamol or a fiat currency neglecting USD. It is a know fact that the BTC is the pioneer and the most stable coin in the crypto market. Someday, there can be an altcoin which surpasses the BTC but yet no one can undermine the role the BTC has played so far.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:03:54 PM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I don't think that any other crypto can replace bitcoin in its lifetime as bitcoin is the root of cryptocurrency and all the coin's value is measured in the terms of bitcoin so this sole argument defines how much people have their trust on bitcoin and how it will never be replaced by another crypto.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:24:33 PM

Cryptocurrency is all about Bitcoin so there is no way cryptocurrency will survive without Bitcoin , I believe there is need for Bitcoin but altcoins also making cryptocurrency fun and will be the solution for getting more Bitcoin .
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:31:20 PM

I think it's hard for others to survive without Bitcoin. Bitcoin domination is very high and if something happens to Bitcoin, the market is completely lost confidence.

Phil315

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

of usability.

Any attempt to push Bitcoin off the market will lead to total collapse of the entire crypto market. The crypto world is tied to the performance of Bitcoin. Don't attempt to rebel against the Boss. Else, you loose out.
Syella.A

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:24:34 PM

can not. bitcoin is the center of crypto. bitcoin, blockchain, these two things can not be replaced. and bitcoin becomes the foundation of all coins. bitcoin is the point. so it is not possible cryto survive without the presence of bitcoin.

Orionix        |│        The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
[   YOUTUBE   ]      [ AIRDROP ]      [    DISCORD    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:40:04 PM

of usability.

Most miners prefer or at least have a mining for Bitcoin (if they mine multi coins) because of its monetary value. Bitcoin is not useless because you can transact with it. You can buy and pay for services using it. It is being used for what it is made of.
Although currently, Bitcoin is mostly used as a form of investment rather that as a currency. People tends to hold on them rather than putting them in circulation. This has a negative and a positive approach to Bitcoin.

It is possible and I'm looking to Ethereum as the next big thing after Bitcoin because of its flexibility. 
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:04:27 PM

of usability.

any altcoin that has the technological advantage of bitcoin can certainly replace the bitcoin position on the marketcap
but not all altcoin can do that, just some altcoin
and to be able to replace bitcoin takes a long time
you cannot expect bitcoin to be replaced any time soon

djcounter

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:16:46 PM

of usability.

I agree with your thought. Bitcoin is first cryptocurrency, but will not the first forever. The technology grow up day by day and bitcoin will give his place in another currency.
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:29:34 PM

Well other cryptocurrencies can stand without bitcoin. The back bone of all cryptocurrencies is blockchain technology. Without blockchain, bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies can not stand. Bitcoin can not determining whether another coin can stand or not....
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:34:00 PM

of usability.

How can you stand up really without your foundation? Bitcoin is the foundation of cryptocurrency because it is the first one to fixed or built. So, bitcoin is the support of those altcoins. Without bitcoin, alts are like nothing. Alts are those coins that mimic the blockchain technology. It will be a plagiarized work if so that people will stay out of bitcoin and just form a ALT/USD exchange.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:39:45 PM

First I do not think bitcoin is useless in term of usability. in fact bitcoin is far useful more than many altcoin. just because bitcoin is being tailored to be use for making payment alone is does not make useless. every crypto asset is tailored to solve a particular problem as we all know that altcoin such as Ethereum has features other than being used as digital currency. however non of these crypto asset can displace bitcoin in term of usability because generally bitcoin is more accepted than any other crypto. some people are even yet to know the difference between bitcoin and altcoin all they think is bitcoin is the only crypto existing.
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:14:29 PM

"I think that crypto as a whole is revolutionary and too strong to die but that bitcoin
itself may be surpassed.
"
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:19:21 PM

Yes it can, but bitcoin is one of the founding pillars of cryptocurrency, so how can you remove the basic foundation of it?? If your remove bitcoin with cryptocurrency, users and producers might have a hard time gaining alt coins. Business may even be affected because of it being remove. It's you cheated on your girlfriend, the same way of cryptocurrency without bitcoin.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:25:44 PM

For me, it is because bitcoin is behind in all of the block chains and projects out there, bitcoin has something to do that it is a medium of currency that manipupates all of cryptocurrency, besides it is the only highest valued coins andbits popularity is emerging day by day, so its not easy that cryptocurrwncy can stand without bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: