Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin?  (Read 2231 times)
Mandalawangi

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:31:32 AM

bitcoin is the first currency.Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin.It's hard to imagine that the world of cryptocurrency exists without Bitcoin but this can happen in the world of crypto.people who have a lot of money because they use it as a form of assets to hide their wealth in the form of bitcoin . Some people use it as a form of payment inside or outside the country and anyone who allows or accepts bitcoin as payment. I think that's a lot more than usage and that's why bitcoin is number one in the market today.
jdamayo28

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:38:53 AM

bitcoin is the first currency.Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin.It's hard to imagine that the world of cryptocurrency exists without Bitcoin but this can happen in the world of crypto.people who have a lot of money because they use it as a form of assets to hide their wealth in the form of bitcoin . Some people use it as a form of payment inside or outside the country and anyone who allows or accepts bitcoin as payment. I think that's a lot more than usage and that's why bitcoin is number one in the market today.

I dont think so, bitcoin is the pioneer coin in the market. All other tokens just following the trend of bitcoin's value. So, for me, other cryptocurrency can't stand alone without the existing of BTC.
MTNAX

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:53:48 AM

I think cryptocurrency could have stood without bitcoin, but probably would not be the same when cryptocurrency stands with bitcoin, because I think cryptocurrency and bitcoin are a strong unity and have more value in the eyes of society. So if cryptocurrency without bitcoin may be the number of investors will also fall.
kyledavid

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:55:46 AM

i guess no because bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency so they can't stand alone besides every time bitcoin pumps other altcoins follow as well but if bitcoin fell and get dump other altcoins will be dump as well . These altcoins are just following the flow of bitcoin some are not but most of it yes . So for me bitcoin is really important it will stay as the mother of other crypto
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:10:00 AM

i guess no because bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency so they can't stand alone besides every time bitcoin pumps other altcoins follow as well but if bitcoin fell and get dump other altcoins will be dump as well . These altcoins are just following the flow of bitcoin some are not but most of it yes . So for me bitcoin is really important it will stay as the mother of other crypto

There is still a possibility that bitcoin might lose its value if it wouldn't be able to gain support anymore by the crypto users. The price of a coin depends on its demand and since bitcoin is in demand now then it is still valuable but then if another coin would be able to claim its position and support by the community then there is a possibility that investors would transfer to another coin.

Let's be honest, there are other coins that are better than bitcoin in terms of scalability and transaction price but still it is the king of crypto as of the moment because it is the most famous of them all.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:59:18 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...
Yes, why waste huge energy in mining when we can just use thousands of shitcoins to transact with each other. Why have a base currency for cryptos when we have tons of coins, anyway?  Roll Eyes (this is sarcasm, just in case some people doesn't get it)

Bitcoin is "useless" in terms of usability but last time I checked, altcoins are still claiming that they are very usable and will serve purpose yet only a few of them lived up to their promises. Bitcoin is what we have been using for so long and even though we aren't able to use it IRL just yet, we're using it for a lot of other things, mostly online.

I don't get the "Let's ditch bitcoin and embrace an altcoin" mentality because what altcoin would it be and how it is superior over bitcoin? With all the toxicity that's going on in the ecosystem of ETH, I don't think that will be the coin to replace bitcoin. There is every possibility that bitcoin will be replaced by another coin but the thing is though, there's no coin that can overthrow bitcoin from its throne.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Helex

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:10:13 AM

It seems to difficult now because user of bitcoin will increase day by day so today altcoin will not stand without bitcoin because all the market depends on bitcoin if bitcoin goes down all the alt will follow the bitcoin but in future it is possible because in crypto world anything is possible.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:30:04 AM

I hope that someday Altcoins can stand on their own without bitcoin and not depending on its daily price volitility and price fluctuations
Chasoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:36:09 AM

According to the probability theory there is always a chance that BTC could fall from it's 1st place. But given that BTC Dominance: 48.3% according to coinmarketcap this can happen only if there are global changes in people's mind all around the globe.

CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:48:47 AM

All other cryptos won't exist without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most trustworthy coin when it comes to investment vehicle. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency so its would be so add removing bitcoin as the top notch in all cryptos. Even if bitcoin didn't function as a crypto, still bitcoin is the number coin and people find bitcoin more of a store of value than a currency.
euronine897

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:04:10 AM

Cryptocurrency can stand without Bitcoin because there are lot of new currencies that claim to be faster and provide low cost mining than Bitcoin but world's crypto communities still see potential qualities in Bitcoin that will help the world to overcome many barriers in the International financial and trading system and that is the reason still many developed countries , companies and  individuals invest in Bitcoin
pedangrusak

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

when cryptocurrency triumphs without bitcoin is actually the moment that i taught why so because altcoin fluctuations are currently still affected will the current bitcoin movement. currently bitcoin if in real world or FIAT he is US dollar or euro which is the basic exchange rate. When the next cryptocurrency can be a basic exchange rate such as bitcoin at this time I'm sure the dominance of bitcoin will not be same likes today
oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:03:06 AM

why people prefer bitcoin?
of course I think bitcoin many uses that someone can deviate their money in bitcoin without in knowing by anyone also even when we can also do transactions anywhere quickly and securely as well as the cost so in reach and bitcoin for now in made as one currency trusted and secure digital.
Marachgalthena

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

of course the crypto currency gonna live long even without bitcoin
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:25:38 AM

it is possible that cryptocurrency can stand alone without bitcoin because we know if bitcoin is just one of the benchmarks to determine the price of altcoin, it is possible that altcoin can stand alone and be unaffected from any coin including bitcoin.

Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:45:23 AM

Yes, but later.
Now all other currencies are dependent on it. However, I'm sure that early or late this should change ... I do not think bitcoin will forever be at the head of all crypto currency
I would agree ut bitcoin just gave a start to other cryptocurrencies they can definitely stand alone without bitcoin.
nikki4

Activity: 496

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:48:36 AM

Well, for my own opinion regarding this question, my answer is Yes. Why yes? Because other crypto currencies has their own way  of life here in the crypto currency community. I know that you all know also as well as aware that the start of the crypto currency community is the existence of the Bitcoin as it is the King of all any other crypto currency but the thing that crypto currency cannot live is not the Bitcoin but the users.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

There is no way the other coin will surpass bitcoin, because bitcoin has a lot of advantages. First is that bitcoin lives longer gime than the other coin, and as time passes by bitcoin get more stronger. Moreover, bitcoin is the most popular coins as of this moment where more people are inclined into bitcoin. There is also anhuge potential in bitcoin.

At the moment it is still too early for the market to be able to operate without bitcoins. If bitcoin falls then all other currencies will follow. In a while, as the market develops and matures, the situation may take place that the importance of bitcoin will decrease. But the impact of bitcoin on the market can not be completely ruled out.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:16:13 AM

Bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency and it is the eye opener for all other cryptocurrencies. As a matter of fact, several altcoins that we see today were funded with the help of bitcoin during their developmental stage. Was bitcoin not useful then? Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with the highest and expanded adoption. Bitcoin remains useful ever. 
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:18:59 AM

of usability.

There has been speculation for a very long time of altcoins surpassing bitcoin, and this has failed to materialize. Bitcoin has a very strong advantage as the first cryptocurrency with a globally-recognized brand, and an infrastructure that is continually being improved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: