Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any reason to day trade anything other than bitcoin?  (Read 20860 times)
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:53:24 PM

Most altcoins are more attractive to the newbie traders trying to get lucky. Trading altcoins, you need to be a very vigilant trader and time aware.

You never know when the pump or dump is going to end and when the project owners are going to sell out their tokens.

That's why in my opinion altcoins are the most interesting coins to trade. The industry (altcoin industry) is so unpredictable that if you're at the right place at the right time and make the right decision you can profit massively than trading bitcoin. Trading bitcoin isn't that profitable with small capital like altcoins although you have to pick the correct period to engaging in trading them.

The current market period doesn't encourage Altcoin trading neither does it encourage investing in any random project out there. We're in the season of bitcoin trading, while holding your altcoins with hopes of future price increase. Very soon the bitcoin market will experience mostly uptrend as we build toward the halving of block reward incident then trading will become less profitable compared to holding.

Generally, altcoins were in major downtrend since 2017. It will be very difficult to predict its time to move up again. It is possible to gain 100% in several days but it it doesn't mean you are in profit because most altcoins dropped not just 100% but 1000% or even higher.

Trading bitcoin with a minimum capital can still profit big my margin trading. There are multipliers even reaching x100 in Bitmex. While this leverage trading is risky, I cannot see any big difference when trading with altcoins.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:43:06 PM

Most altcoins are more attractive to the newbie traders trying to get lucky. Trading altcoins, you need to be a very vigilant trader and time aware.

You never know when the pump or dump is going to end and when the project owners are going to sell out their tokens.

That's why in my opinion altcoins are the most interesting coins to trade. The industry (altcoin industry) is so unpredictable that if you're at the right place at the right time and make the right decision you can profit massively than trading bitcoin. Trading bitcoin isn't that profitable with small capital like altcoins although you have to pick the correct period to engaging in trading them.

snip
Those are lot of ifs don't you think? It is true your profits can be many times better than what you can get by trading bitcoin but you are basically relying on your luck by trying to trade the right coin at the right time, but the issue with such a strategy is that you will never know when it is the right time and if the market takes too long to become favourable then there is a serious chance you will lose your money before you can see the growth that you were expecting.
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 08:33:40 PM

Well, I prefer to trade ethereum swap contract. I trade both bitcoin and ethereum daily. But you know, I understand ethereum more than bitcoin and there is enough volatility and liquidity for me.
I've tried to trade xrp and it is ok for day trading. There are different patterns and when BTC is fluctuating eth and xrp can show positive trend

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Arsenyo

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 07:43:28 AM

I think it depends on your capital mostly, for small capital traders it is better to trade altcoins. Just choose those alts that have high volume and those exchanges that do not manipulate volume, for example binance. Of course btc and eth is the best choice to trade, it can make you a huge profit, but you should be able to wait patiently for weeks, months, or even years.
barabarian1

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 03:39:32 PM

I believe that bitcoin is the best coin in the crypto world. but I suggest trading with altcoin too and not holding just one coin.
I have several reasons to trade other than bitcoin. because in my opinion, when we do daily trading, the up and down movements of coin prices in the market are not dependent on just one coin. for example when bitcoin prices go down, some altcoins are experiencing an increase. so that when we can not sell sell coins when the coin has decreased in price, we can still sell other coins that we hold when experiencing price increases. with a strategy like that, in my opinion can turn a profit. so in my opinion as a trader, it doesn't hurt if we hold and trade with other than bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
yurekaa

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 11:07:38 PM

in my opinion, when we are able to make a profit from crypto, it's better we don't just trade with just one type of coin. indeed in trading altcoin has more risk, than the top 10 coins. but my reason for trading with other than bitcoin is because I feel that when the price of bitcoin is quite stable in some time and I cannot benefit from bitcoin, I can make a profit by buying altcoin and doing short-term trading. I feel that trading altcoin can also benefit, and my advice is if trading altcoin, try to trade daily, we must always look at market volume. and I prefer to trade more than one coin rather than just holding one coin.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:05:16 AM

Yes, we all know that Bitcoin is not as volatile as altcoins,  Altcoin tends to give more profit in a short term than bitcoin.  But one must make sure that the altcoin in question should  have enough volume so as to accommodate any dump and reduce chance of much loss. Another important thing to note is to make sure that if you must trade altcoin on day trade is to make sure that you trade altcoin that have good credibility score of which the team wont dump on you at the slightest chance

Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 09:36:39 AM

I think it depends on your capital mostly, for small capital traders it is better to trade altcoins. Just choose those alts that have high volume and those exchanges that do not manipulate volume, for example binance. Of course btc and eth is the best choice to trade, it can make you a huge profit, but you should be able to wait patiently for weeks, months, or even years.

It is simple, if you want to make big profits then go trade altcoins that has smaller market capitalization because they have a bigger room to grow compare to the top cryptocurrencies in the market where their potential market capitalization is almost maximized. Trading bitcoin and other big cryptocurrencies is hard because you need higher skills and it will require more time since the big whales are also playing with you.
OP only looking for a day trade  , we know that you can earn much higher profit in altcoin but for day trade i will not concidered this one. the better way to say is to choose wisely what coin will you trade daily.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 10:17:49 AM

Yes, we all know that Bitcoin is not as volatile as altcoins,  Altcoin tends to give more profit in a short term than bitcoin.  But one must make sure that the altcoin in question should  have enough volume so as to accommodate any dump and reduce chance of much loss. Another important thing to note is to make sure that if you must trade altcoin on day trade is to make sure that you trade altcoin that have good credibility score of which the team wont dump on you at the slightest chance
Yes, you are right. I have a friend who invests in altcoins way back year 2017 and that's even not a long term investment. It only takes around 2 weeks then he trades it and earns a big profit. His $5 turns into $1000 and it's a really big earning the reason why I do believe that you can earn more in altcoins rather than in bitcoin. But choosing potential coins is better to have, every decision you have made in trading is a very risky part. You should always do research when you are in trading and bitcoin is the best for long term holding.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 10:56:31 AM

Yes, you are right. I have a friend who invests in altcoins way back year 2017 and that's even not a long term investment. It only takes around 2 weeks then he trades it and earns a big profit. His $5 turns into $1000 and it's a really big earning the reason why I do believe that you can earn more in altcoins rather than in bitcoin. But choosing potential coins is better to have, every decision you have made in trading is a very risky part. You should always do research when you are in trading and bitcoin is the best for long term holding.

I do trade altcoins. Yes we have number of best altcoins like Matic, One, BNB, ERD, COS and Ont. These are the altcoins i do have in my portforlio including BTC and ETH. I target 5 to 10% of profits and i get it in one or two days. Analyse and choose the best potential altcoin.
yulionoo

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 04:07:11 PM

in my opinion there are several reasons to hold other than bitcoin. because I myself prefer to trade and hold more than one coin. but I disagree with your statement that says altcoind can have far greater benefits than bitcoin in the long run. I think holding Altcoin with a long-term strategy is actually more risky than holding Bitcoin. I would suggest to trade altcoin by trading daily. because I myself have experienced losses when I have altcoin and have a strategy to hold for a long time. I hope with altcoin that I hold can rise to the first price of the coin appears, it turns out that expectations do not match reality.
for me trading altcoin is faster to get profits, because in my opinion the tide of the altcoin market price tends to be greater, and such conditions can be utilized to trade. and in the case of trading do not just rely on one coin if indeed we can still take advantage with other coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 08:04:26 AM

Yes, we all know that Bitcoin is not as volatile as altcoins,  Altcoin tends to give more profit in a short term than bitcoin. 
Short term gains if make you happy then you should go for them. But having a huge portfolio it becomes tough to manage everything in one place. When you start adding on millions of shitcoins you are bound to get in a mess.

But one must make sure that the altcoin in question should  have enough volume so as to accommodate any dump and reduce chance of much loss.
Volume becomes secondary once the pump and dump beings. Bagholders pump their shills and make them buy while they dump on them. At that time you would be confused as to whether buy or sell and before you know it, all selling opportunities will run out.

Another important thing to note is to make sure that if you must trade altcoin on day trade is to make sure that you trade altcoin that have good credibility score of which the team wont dump on you at the slightest chance
Every and everyone of the altcoin devs will dump on your head when they want. Advisors and devs are in it for the money. They are least bothered about the project. That was their main motif before starting and will remain so. This is the reason why the development of many projects is slow and questionable.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Yatsan
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1231

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 02:07:43 PM

In terms on day trading I do leverage trading but with bitcoin not with alts. Yes, those coin are good! But when you do leverage trading you will just wait for minutes-hours to get the profit that you want. I trade at the bitmex in terms of leverage trading I am only doing 20% leverage when I am sure about something and mostly I will stay at the 5-10% leverage. I will say no for other coins in day trading, but yes to leverage trading with bitcoin!

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Meowth05

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 02:52:29 PM

in my opinion there are several reasons to hold other than bitcoin. because I myself prefer to trade and hold more than one coin. but I disagree with your statement that says altcoind can have far greater benefits than bitcoin in the long run. I think holding Altcoin with a long-term strategy is actually more risky than holding Bitcoin. I would suggest to trade altcoin by trading daily. because I myself have experienced losses when I have altcoin and have a strategy to hold for a long time. I hope with altcoin that I hold can rise to the first price of the coin appears, it turns out that expectations do not match reality.
for me trading altcoin is faster to get profits, because in my opinion the tide of the altcoin market price tends to be greater, and such conditions can be utilized to trade. and in the case of trading do not just rely on one coin if indeed we can still take advantage with other coins.
Altcoins are much better for day trade indeed especially the coins that have a high volatility rate and on the other hand, bitcoin is much better used for long term investment. Way back 2017 daily trade is really the deal, you can definitely obtain a big profit but for now, it seems daily trade is not an option probaly there are still some altcoins who manage to fluctuate in a small amount of time which is perfect for this kind of trading strategy.

huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 01:34:18 PM

Altcoins are much better for day trade indeed especially the coins that have a high volatility rate and on the other hand, bitcoin is much better used for long term investment. Way back 2017 daily trade is really the deal, you can definitely obtain a big profit but for now, it seems daily trade is not an option probaly there are still some altcoins who manage to fluctuate in a small amount of time which is perfect for this kind of trading strategy.
The fundamental principle of day trading is to make money with those coins that fluctuate easily and that too on daily basis so that you can make money quickly. As far as bitcoin is concerned, it is the most expensive coin and has never been observed fluctuating significantly on daily basis. Therefore it is suggested to do trading with altcoins.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 04:26:36 PM

It is the opposite, if you have a very small capital it is better to trade the markets that are the most liquid, the markets that have the most volume, and this is because the spread in those markets will be smaller and your chances to make profits will be higher, it is also not true that you need to wait for weeks or months to make profits when you're day trading, that is the whole reason why those that prefer that style of trading engage in it instead of long term trading.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:40:05 AM

It is the opposite, if you have a very small capital it is better to trade the markets that are the most liquid, the markets that have the most volume, and this is because the spread in those markets will be smaller and your chances to make profits will be higher, it is also not true that you need to wait for weeks or months to make profits when you're day trading, that is the whole reason why those that prefer that style of trading engage in it instead of long term trading.

Since Bitcoin is stable enough, what we can do is to hold it for long term and find some other altcoins that we can do for short trading, yes this is fine as we all know it will make you a lot of profit, but before you do that, you should know how to trade well, learn strategies from a lot of experts our there and only start with small capital.

adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:46:33 AM

Yes, it's nice to trade your BTC for alts when Bitcoin is in a slump. For instance, Bitcoin is down to below $7500 today. But, TRX is up to over 200 satoshis. If you had bought Tron back when it was 180 and BTC was $8,000 you would have increased your position. Altcoins also have just as much volatility as Bitcoin does, so they're perfectly fine to day trade them just like you would Bitcoin. Just try to stick to more well known coins.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 08:27:20 AM

I think the best and profitable to day trade altcoins is XRP Ripple since it is going up even though the other altcoins and bitcoin are going down. I don't know the reason why it is going up and maybe a lot of traders much prefer to trade XRP when bitcoin's value is going down.

And doing day trading is like you want to earn more profit within the day and doesn't want to wait, but day trading is really good and can you a lot of profit and it will just depend on what coin you are trading.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 02:58:41 AM

I there are some reason of day trading like altcoin you can choose what coins you can buy. Anf choose also what coins you gonna buy see the volume first of that coins before you can trade it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: