Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Count down to Iran invasion  (Read 41916 times)
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 05:15:28 AM

A few months ago, I posted a "lol that could never happen" post in this thread.  I now believe that I was wrong.  "News" outlets like MSNBC/Fox are hyping up the "threat of Iran" incessantly these days, and after the recent statement by Panetta, I'm a bit concerned.

Sounds like the Iraqi War propaganda eh ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 08:01:40 AM

.. in 2003.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 08:51:16 AM

The Daily Mail released a story from 2003 as a new report (note the original article has no date)
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/december222011/iran-attack.php

This even confused the Iranians apparently: http://www.iranmilitaryforum.net/index.php?topic=13066.0
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 09:39:13 AM

That is a strange site. Is it a parody? Why are they writing in English? Americans for Ayatollah?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 04:44:39 PM

looks like this prediction failed bigtime...

The funny thing is that OP is still convinced we are all idiots not to have believed his ravings.

Yes... I suppose those explosions at their missile and nuclear facilities were just industrial accidents. Love the childlike personal attacks, classy and quite convincing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/world/middleeast/satellite-images-suggest-blast-obliterated-iran-military-base.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/a-second-iranian-nuclear-facility-has-exploded-as-diplomatic-tensions-rise-between-the-west-and-tehran/story-e6frg6so-1226209996774

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/world/middleeast/iran-blast-kills-revolutionary-guards-commander-at-base.html?_r=1

(note: the first explosion happened just over a month after my OP)

Is this really the best you can come up with as evidence of a plan to occupy Iran?  Read your OP.  "Fill up your tanks and your cupboard, because this time the problems aren't just going to be over seas. Take care & good luck."

If its any consolation, I've filled the tank of my car at least once a week since you posted so you could say I half took you seriously.  Still got lots of cupboard space though and still no way the US is going to war with Iran this side of the 2012 election.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 08:10:44 AM

Yeah I guess all the military posturing in the strait of Hormuz (vital oil shipping pass), the explosions in key Iranian military facilities, and the passing of the NDAA are nothing notable. I know you like to think you project the image of an intellectual geopolitical guru but you are seriously lacking in logic and historical knowledge. Things have only been escalating since my OP, and if you can't see that the only one you are convincing here is yourself. Have fun pretending like you have a clue master debater.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 11:54:28 AM

Yeah I guess all the military posturing in the strait of Hormuz (vital oil shipping pass), the explosions in key Iranian military facilities, and the passing of the NDAA are nothing notable. I know you like to think you project the image of an intellectual geopolitical guru but you are seriously lacking in logic and historical knowledge. Things have only been escalating since my OP, and if you can't see that the only one you are convincing here is yourself. Have fun pretending like you have a clue master debater.

Is all this is different from the sabre rattling that has been going on since 1979?  No.  Same old same old. 
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 12:01:08 PM

I met with some millitary guys today here in Istanbul. All the talk is of war with Iran. Boys, I hope you are ready to fight. This will make Iraq look like a parade.  Cry

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 04:57:09 PM

I met with some millitary guys today here in Istanbul. All the talk is of war with Iran. Boys, I hope you are ready to fight. This will make Iraq look like a parade.  Cry

Turkiye'ye hos geldin.  

You guys really are desperate to believe there will be a war with Iran.  

There is a fair chance Barack Obama will win in November.  But that chance falls to zero if he goes to war with Iran.  Iraq cost 4500 lives and over a trillion.  Iran is over 4 times the size, it has been preparing for invasion since 2003 and the place is huge.  The notion that a country that can't defeat a ragtag militia in Afghanistan will suddenly find the stomach for occupying a huge well armed country is laughable

Think about it.  Are you really thinking that any Presidential hopeful, let alone a frail plant like Obama, would go to the US public on a track record of 18,000 extra combat deaths and an extra $4 trillion borrowing to finance it?  No way - it won't happen.  

If there is a military intervention, it will be well after the US elections.  Anyone telling you otherwise is nuts.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:15:21 PM

I met with some millitary guys today here in Istanbul. All the talk is of war with Iran. Boys, I hope you are ready to fight. This will make Iraq look like a parade.  Cry

Turkiye'ye hos geldin.  

There is a fair chance Barack Obama will win in November.  But that chance falls to zero if he goes to war with Iran.  Iraq cost 4500 lives and over a trillion.  Iran is over 4 times the size, it has been preparing for invasion since 2003 and the place is huge.  The notion that a country that can't defeat a ragtag militia in Afghanistan will suddenly find the stomach for occupying a huge well armed country is laughable

Think about it.  Are you really thinking that any Presidential hopeful, let alone a frail plant like Obama, would go to the US public on a track record of 18,000 extra combat deaths and an extra $4 trillion borrowing to finance it?  No way - it won't happen.  

If there is a military intervention, it will be well after the US elections.  Anyone telling you otherwise is nuts.
I hear you. But the US has said it will "not allow" Iran to build a nuclear arsenal, and control of the Straits of Hormuz is intolerable. 30-40% of the worlds oil flows through there. You may have noticed that oil is more important than lives. I have seen war on three continents and nobody wanted any of them, still they happened.

bulanula

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

Can't wait for the war to start.

They got out of Iraq they need a new playground now.

All those weapons gotta be used somehow and somewhere. Afghanistan is not enough and more of a defiant gesture to the Soviets.

Iran is next on the plate. Something has got to get us out of this recession.

I am just praying that the Europe missile shield is working otherwise we will see another Big Bang in Europe ( London ). Gas masks are old skool. Bring the lead suits.

The British are just like puppies and do whatever the US says. US wants to invade Iran, British say "Yessir".  

Those sanctions are not helping either.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 06:22:37 PM

Can't wait for the war to start.

Are you a fan of death?

P4man

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 06:42:56 PM

Turkiye'ye hos geldin.  

An invasion and occupation of Iran isnt going to happen. Attempting it would make Vietnam look like a cakewalk. That doesnt mean there will not be a war. Similar to the Libyan war, or at least that might be the plan (ie, airstrikes).

In many respects that war is already on; the west is already blowing up stuff in Iran, violating Irans airspace, assassinating scientists and political leaders, funding terrorist within Iran and the latest round of US sanction, if fully implemented, are nothing short of an act of war. The only question is if Iran will react. While its hard to defend the Iranian regime in the broad sense, I will credit them for restraining themselves and being completely reasonable so far in their international relations.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 07:23:54 PM

Ross Perot 2012
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 02:07:59 AM

Ronald Reagan 2012

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:11:17 AM

Wars begin where you will, but do not end where you please. -- Machiavelli

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:22:47 AM

Turkiye'ye hos geldin.  

An invasion and occupation of Iran isnt going to happen. Attempting it would make Vietnam look like a cakewalk. That doesnt mean there will not be a war. Similar to the Libyan war, or at least that might be the plan (ie, airstrikes).

In many respects that war is already on; the west is already blowing up stuff in Iran, violating Irans airspace, assassinating scientists and political leaders, funding terrorist within Iran and the latest round of US sanction, if fully implemented, are nothing short of an act of war. The only question is if Iran will react. While its hard to defend the Iranian regime in the broad sense, I will credit them for restraining themselves and being completely reasonable so far in their international relations.

Someone who gets it!  The US and Iran have been fighting an undeclared war since 1979 and most likely will carry on doing so for a long long time.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:46:31 AM

Turkiye'ye hos geldin.  

Someone who gets it!  The US and Iran have been fighting an undeclared war since 1979 and most likely will carry on doing so for a long long time.

True. Iran would love to to sell oil for other currencies than USD. The Empire doesn't like that. It's something that can absolutely not be allowed. Iraq tried it, see what happened: first Saddam Hussein (former CIA agent) was installed and when he acted up, he was "removed from office" (they couldn't kill him, so the military had to move in).

The US-Dollar isn't backed by gold any more, it's backed by oil and the US military. A fall of the USD would seal the fall of the US Empire, it cannot be allowed.

Additionally: a war is always good for the military industrial complex. While it doesn't generate wealth, it surely grows the economy. After all: that's how the USA got out of the great depression.

I can't imaginge either Iran nor the US to back down on this one and it involves many other countries' interests, too. WW3?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 11:51:40 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 12:01:45 PM by molecular

Unless "something big" was to happen, something like the sinking of the lusitania, Pearl Harbour, the gulf of Tonkin incident, or 9/11.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 12:50:13 PM

Unless "something big" was to happen, something like the sinking of the lusitania, Pearl Harbour, the gulf of Tonkin incident, or 9/11.

Fair point.  If the mullahs did attack the US mainland or kill significant numbers of American civilians, all bets would be off. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: