Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Count down to Iran invasion  (Read 41916 times)
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:45:39 PM

How many troops did the US deploy for its war against Libya?

None.  The US didn't invade Libya.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 03:40:36 PM

Nor are they going to invade Iran. Doesnt mean a war will not be fought.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:46:04 PM

Nor are they going to invade Iran. Doesnt mean a war will not be fought.

A war is being fought and it has been going on since 1979.  The title of this thread is "Count down to Iran invasion."  The endless skulduggery between the CIA and Al Quds people does not count as an "invasion."
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 05:50:36 PM

3 months since the OP warned us and still the US hasn't even moved troops into staging areas let alone prepped an invasion of Iran.

Anyone taking bets on this still being the case in 3 more months ?

Oh ?  I'll take your bet.  10 BTC.  Hopefully you can cover that.

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-troops-kuwait-iran-741/

"The United States is not at war with Iran yet, but just in case,the Pentagon says they want to be prepared. To do so, the Department of Defense has dispatched 15,000 troops to the neighboring nation of Kuwait."

Seems like a pretty big troop movement into a staging area to me.

Please pay it to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK

Iraq is quarter of the size of Iran.  The US deployed 466985 troops in Kuwait for that.  Also Kuwait does not share a border with Iran.

Keep beating the drum though...

Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't see where you specified a minimum amount of troops to be moved.  It looks to me as though YOUR bet was that, in 3 months, U.S. still would not have moved troops into "staging areas" for Iran.  Yet, days prior to your statement and bet...the U.S. did move troops into "staging areas".  I'm pretty sure that when I posted the acceptance to your bet, it was within your "3 month period" and troops had been moved.  What does the size of Iraq have to do with anything or Kuwait sharing a border with Iran ?

Like I said...Please pay 10 BTC to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK...unless you want to default on your own bet.  Is this really the reputation you want to uphold around here ?

Sorry - I can see the ambiguity but the thread is about invading Iran.  The US moves troops all the time.  Its not going to invade Iran this side of a US election and it won't have moved troops for the invasion into place in the next 3 months.

But of course, if the US does invade Iran and uses the 15000 troops deployed to Kuwait as its invasion force, feel free to PM me for payment.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 07:46:53 PM

3 months since the OP warned us and still the US hasn't even moved troops into staging areas let alone prepped an invasion of Iran.

"The United States is not at war with Iran yet, but just in case,the Pentagon says they want to be prepared. To do so, the Department of Defense has dispatched 15,000 troops to the neighboring nation of Kuwait."

Iraq is quarter of the size of Iran.  The US deployed 466985 troops in Kuwait for that.  Also Kuwait does not share a border with Iran.

Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't see where you specified a minimum amount of troops to be moved.  It looks to me as though YOUR bet was that, in 3 months, U.S. still would not have moved troops into "staging areas" for Iran.  Yet, days prior to your statement and bet...the U.S. did move troops into "staging areas".  I'm pretty sure that when I posted the acceptance to your bet, it was within your "3 month period" and troops had been moved.  What does the size of Iraq have to do with anything or Kuwait sharing a border with Iran ?

Like I said...Please pay 10 BTC to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK...unless you want to default on your own bet.  Is this really the reputation you want to uphold around here ?

Sorry - I can see the ambiguity but the thread is about invading Iran.  The US moves troops all the time.  Its not going to invade Iran this side of a US election and it won't have moved troops for the invasion into place in the next 3 months.

But of course, if the US does invade Iran and uses the 15000 troops deployed to Kuwait as its invasion force, feel free to PM me for payment.

I can see how that may be seen as such, you know...the thread is talking about the actual invasion and all.  Except, your bet had nothing to do with the actual invading of Iran...it had to do with moving troops into staging areas, did it not ?  Maybe you should have made a bet that we won't invade Iran within the next 3 months.  That's a bet I wouldn't have taken with you.  Why are you weaseling out of this ?

Please pay 10 BTC to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 10:25:33 PM

Iraq is quarter of the size of Iran.  The US deployed 466985 troops in Kuwait for that.  Also Kuwait does not share a border with Iran.

Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't see where you specified a minimum amount of troops to be moved.  It looks to me as though YOUR bet was that, in 3 months, U.S. still would not have moved troops into "staging areas" for Iran.  Yet, days prior to your statement and bet...the U.S. did move troops into "staging areas".  I'm pretty sure that when I posted the acceptance to your bet, it was within your "3 month period" and troops had been moved.  What does the size of Iraq have to do with anything or Kuwait sharing a border with Iran ?

Like I said...Please pay 10 BTC to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK...unless you want to default on your own bet.  Is this really the reputation you want to uphold around here ?

Sorry - I can see the ambiguity but the thread is about invading Iran.  The US moves troops all the time.  Its not going to invade Iran this side of a US election and it won't have moved troops for the invasion into place in the next 3 months.

I can see how that may be seen as such, you know...the thread is talking about the actual invasion and all.  Except, your bet had nothing to do with the actual invading of Iran...it had to do with moving troops into staging areas, did it not ?  Maybe you should have made a bet that we won't invade Iran within the next 3 months.  That's a bet I wouldn't have taken with you.  Why are you weaseling out of this ?

lol try harder.  As you highlighted yourself, its still the case that the US has not invaded Iran despite the warning that it was imminent. 

Eveofwar

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 10:45:48 PM

Iraq is quarter of the size of Iran.  The US deployed 466985 troops in Kuwait for that.  Also Kuwait does not share a border with Iran.

Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't see where you specified a minimum amount of troops to be moved.  It looks to me as though YOUR bet was that, in 3 months, U.S. still would not have moved troops into "staging areas" for Iran.  Yet, days prior to your statement and bet...the U.S. did move troops into "staging areas".  I'm pretty sure that when I posted the acceptance to your bet, it was within your "3 month period" and troops had been moved.  What does the size of Iraq have to do with anything or Kuwait sharing a border with Iran ?

Like I said...Please pay 10 BTC to 123gmMWUrwVBZ7orpU8kEdZiC8qUmcAGMK...unless you want to default on your own bet.  Is this really the reputation you want to uphold around here ?

Sorry - I can see the ambiguity but the thread is about invading Iran.  The US moves troops all the time.  Its not going to invade Iran this side of a US election and it won't have moved troops for the invasion into place in the next 3 months.

I can see how that may be seen as such, you know...the thread is talking about the actual invasion and all.  Except, your bet had nothing to do with the actual invading of Iran...it had to do with moving troops into staging areas, did it not ?  Maybe you should have made a bet that we won't invade Iran within the next 3 months.  That's a bet I wouldn't have taken with you.  Why are you weaseling out of this ?

lol try harder.  As you highlighted yourself, its still the case that the US has not invaded Iran despite the warning that it was imminent. 

Try harder to do what ?

What were you exactly betting on, since it wasn't troop movements into staging areas, obviously ?

What a joke you are LOL.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:09:00 PM

Try harder to do what ?

What were you exactly betting on, since it wasn't troop movements into staging areas, obviously ?

What a joke you are LOL.

Invasion of Iran of course.  Read the OP. 
Eveofwar

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:12:09 PM

lol try harder.  As you highlighted yourself, its still the case that the US has not invaded Iran despite the warning that it was imminent.  

Try harder to do what ?

What a joke you are LOL.

Invasion of Iran of course.  Read the OP.  

Maybe you should word your bets better before you place them, instead of backing out when you lose.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:54:36 AM

...snip...

Maybe you should word your bets better before you place them, instead of backing out when you lose.

Maybe you should think more clearly?  Why would anyone bet that troops suddenly stop being moved about? 

1. If you want to take this bet, the US will have "prepped" the invasion of Iran as it did Iraq and
2. the US will be moving several hundred thousand men into countries that share borders with Iran along with the kit needed for an invasion.   

Clear enough? 

In the example you gave, the US has not even suggested that an invasion is possible and the men in Kuwait would have to invade Iraq before they invade Iran.  I don't believe that qualifies but if I am proven wrong, I'm more than happy to eat crow and pay you 10 BTC.  If these men have not invaded Iran in 3 months, I have no doubt that you will be sending me 10 btc.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:08:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_JmA2ClUvUY

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:46:45 AM

Hold on...is there even any oil in Iran?
Eveofwar

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:23:02 PM

...snip...

Maybe you should think more clearly?  Why would anyone bet that troops suddenly stop being moved about? 

1. If you want to take this bet, the US will have "prepped" the invasion of Iran as it did Iraq and
2. the US will be moving several hundred thousand men into countries that share borders with Iran along with the kit needed for an invasion.   

Clear enough? 

In the example you gave, the US has not even suggested that an invasion is possible and the men in Kuwait would have to invade Iraq before they invade Iran.  I don't believe that qualifies but if I am proven wrong, I'm more than happy to eat crow and pay you 10 BTC.  If these men have not invaded Iran in 3 months, I have no doubt that you will be sending me 10 btc.

There you go, play the ambiguity in your favor now. Wink
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:37:48 PM

...snip...

Clear enough? 

There you go, play the ambiguity in your favor now. Wink

Fair point.  I think we are in broad agreement about the main subject so would like to stop bickering with you...peace out.
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:11:51 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, asking whether "anyone (is) taking bets" on X is not the same as actually making a bet with someone. For example:

Person A: Is anyone taking bets that Michael Jackson will be dead by the end of 2012?
Person B: I accept your bet in the amount of one million dollars. Since he's already dead, you lose and you owe me one million dollars.

Since A never actually accepted B's wager of a million dollars, there was no actual bet made.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
kinghajj

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

Can't tell if serious or not, but Iran has an estimated fourth largest supply of oil, and second largest supply of natural gas. If you combine these, it's the most abundant source of hydrocarbons in the world. The US's issue with Iran is over theater dominance (the real reason we don't want them to have a nuke) and privileged access to energy resources (which we're competing with China for.)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 09:38:10 PM

Holy crap! Some one actually got Hawker to STFU. I'm impressed.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:17:23 AM

Can't tell if serious or not, but Iran has an estimated fourth largest supply of oil, and second largest supply of natural gas. If you combine these, it's the most abundant source of hydrocarbons in the world. The US's issue with Iran is over theater dominance (the real reason we don't want them to have a nuke) and privileged access to energy resources (which we're competing with China for.)

Partly serious Smiley

What do you mean about the dominance? Does the US think it's actually got weapons? so it's honest to god and everything that ever was anything not just about control of the oil supply?
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:22:02 AM

Partly serious Smiley

What do you mean about the dominance? Does the US think it's actually got weapons? so it's honest to god and everything that ever was anything not just about control of the oil supply?

The US and most of the rest of the world think that Iran is an unstable country in an unstable region and that it would be a bad idea for all the countries in that region to have nuclear weapons to threaten each other with.  Its a fair point.  I don't think Iran can be stopped because it has a history of being pushed around by the US and the UK and it sees nukes as the only way to guarantee its sovereignty.  But if and when they do get the nukes, a lot of other crackpot regimes will be after them too and that is a bad thing.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:27:59 AM

Partly serious Smiley

The US and most of the rest of the world think that Iran is an unstable country in an unstable region and that it would be a bad idea for all the countries in that region to have nuclear weapons to threaten each other with.  Its a fair point.  I don't think Iran can be stopped because it has a history of being pushed around by the US and the UK and it sees nukes as the only way to guarantee its sovereignty.  But if and when they do get the nukes, a lot of other crackpot regimes will be after them too and that is a bad thing.

translation: "unstable region" == "region not under our control".

If the US/west hadn't been fucking about with the region for such a long time, this would probably be one of the most prosperous and stable regions of the world, maybe even a working example of democracy the western nations could use as a model to clean up their shit.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: