Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308620 times)
darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 08:07:59 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 08:28:59 AM by darkfriend77
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Code:
  ________      .__    .____________                 .___                                          
 /  _____/______|__| __| _/   _____/ ____   ____   __| _/                                          
/   \  __\_  __ \  |/ __ |\_____  \_/ __ \_/ __ \ / __ |                                          
\    \_\  \  | \/  / /_/ |/        \  ___/\  ___// /_/ |                                          
 \______  /__|  |__\____ /_______  /\___  >\___  >____ |                                          
        \/              \/       \/     \/     \/     \/                                          
  _________                                  __        /\ ___________           .__                
 /   _____/__ ________ ______   ____________/  |_     / / \__    ___/_ __  ____ |__| ____    ____  
 \_____  \|  |  \____ \\____ \ /  _ \_  __ \   __\   / /    |    | |  |  \/    \|  |/    \  / ___\
 /        \  |  /  |_> >  |_> >  <_> )  | \/|  |    / /     |    | |  |  /   |  \  |   |  \/ /_/  >
/_______  /____/|   __/|   __/ \____/|__|   |__|   / /      |____| |____/|___|  /__|___|  /\___  /
        \/      |__|   |__|                        \/                         \/        \//_____/  

The goal of this thread is to consolidate all informations to operate and fine tune the gridseed usb (5-chip) miner.

Brand:

Chips:
Gridseed GC3355

Chips: 5 x GC3355

Mining Capability(Official Number):
BTC Mode: 10G,
LTC Mode: 300K

Power Consumption:
Dual Mode or BTC Mode: Approximate 100W/Unit,
LTC Mode: 20-25W/Unit

Chips: 80 x GC3355

Scrypt: 5.2M

Power Consumption:
Scrypt: 100W/Unit

Chips: 5 x 80 x GC3355

Scrypt: 26M

Power Consumption:
Scrypt: 450W/Unit

DEVELOPMENT

GRIDSEED:

- GRIDSEED Orginal GitHub
- USB Drivers for Silver/Gold
- CGMiner GridSeed Source, dtbartle

CONTROLLER

RASPBERRY:

- SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi

- HASHRA CONTROLA -  WebGui with bfgminer open now ... thx a lot to HASHRA for this.
USER: pi
PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

- [MINERA] New web management system for Gridseed devices with cpuminer

- Temporary solution to run Scripta with gridseed 5 chips miners
- Simple Wheezy with CGMiner Tutorial

Very cool, thank you very much for sharing the link. Will also go to donate.
Do you also have an image version containing the detailed frequency setup? Would love to test that.

Here's a link to the complied version of cgminer made by Girhes:  https://mega.co.nz/#!asJixSiC!kNLgTzZv4qN1j06yptsC__KVdFZ7n8zsRydVja1dwPw

Please don't forget to donate to him as well if you like the modified version he's made!  Donate to Girhes here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5752544#msg5752544

Once you download this version, you'll want to backup the existing one by renaming it to another file name.  Then take this version and change it's name from cgminer.girhes to cgminer instead.

Also, don't forget to change permissions on this file so you can execute it.

MINING SOFTWARE

SCRYPT (LTC):

- CPUMINER
CPUMiner with Gridseed GC3355 Support by siklon

- CGMINER
CGMiner 4.3.5 with Scrypt and support for Gridseed and Zeus ASICs by dmaxl
CGMiner 3.7.2 with GridSeed GC3355 support by jmordica
CGMiner 3.7.2 with GridSeed GC3355 support by girnyau

- BFGMINER
Modular ASIC/FPGA miner written in C, featuring overclocking, monitoring, fan speed control and remote interface capabilities. by luke-jr

SHA256 (BTC):

- cgminer-3-8-5-gridseed-windows.zip for BTC only (read)

INSTRUCTIONS

- How to Mine Both BTC and LTC on Gridseed 5-chip GC3355 ASIC

KNOWN ERRORS

- CPUMiner doesn't show accurate hash rate infact it shows 0.0 kh/s

CASES

- Multi-tier open-air case for Gridseed miners by Spotswood

ACCESSORIES

- Gridseed DIY Cables for the newb
- ATX PSU to 2.5 or 2.1/5.5mm 12V coaxial plug power cables by Cablez

THREADS & GUIDES

The Official LighteningAsic/GridSeed 5 Chip Setup Guide by UnicornHasher
LightningAsic usb miners based Gridseed GC3355 Tech Support Thread by EricKennedy

How to's:

• STEP BY STEP RASPBERRY SCRIPTA INSTALLATION
  • BUILD CGMINER ON THE RASPBERRY
  • ROOT ACCESS TO LIGHTNINGASIC CONTROLLER
  • UBUNTU/LINUX INSTALLATION GUIDE

STEP BY STEP RASPBERRY SCRIPTA INSTALLATION

Step by Step Raspberry SCRIPTA Installation:

• 1 - SD Formatter (link) clean up your SD Card. At least a 4GB SD.
  • 2 - Download the SCRIPTA Image (link)
  • 3 - Win 32 Disk Imager (link) and write the scripta image on the SD Card.
  • 4 - Put the SD Card into your Raspberry.
  • 5 - SSH access on port 7722, user: root / psw: scripta
  • 6 - Use WinSCP (link) to move over the latest rasp cgminer for gridseed (https://db.tt/UygLkqwd) or Use PuTTY (link)
Code:
wget https://db.tt/UygLkqwd -O cgminer
  • 7 - Go to the location where you copied over your cgminer and do "chmod 777 cgminer"
  • 8 - Go to the SCRIPTA Web GUI, under Miner hit Miner commands, STOP
  • 9 - Go to the location where you copied over your cgminer and run it from there using these commands:
Code:
./cgminer --scrypt -o <miningpooladdress:port> -u <user> -p <pw> --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850

Stability-Fix:
    Code:
    sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
    Add the following code at the end of the first line (on the same line as the other text, DO NOT add new line!)
    Code:
    slub_debug=FP

Orginal Sources from: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.0

How to get Scripta working as it was intended

Follow the instructions by Darkfriend77 below but when you get to step 6, go to directory opt/minepeon/bin and remove the original cgminer there (rm cgminer). Now copy the new cgminer into this folder to replace the original and chmod it as below.
    Now go to directory opt/minepeon/startup and edit the file miner-start.sh with nano.
    Change the line -
    Code:
    sudo /usr/bin/screen -dmS cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
    to
    Code:
    sudo /usr/bin/screen -dmS cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer --scrypt --no-submit-stale --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
    Lastly apply the stability fix.
    Now you can close ssh and restart your pi and it should automatically fire up your gridseeds and start mining.

BUILD CGMINER ON THE RASPBERRY

referenced from litecointalk

build your CGMiner on the raspberry

Something like this:

Do a quick update just in case.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

Get dependencies if you already havent.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev 
    sudo apt-get install libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev

Clone the Repo:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.git

Move into the directory, configure, and make the binary.
    Code:
    cd cgminer-gc3355
    ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
    make

Now you should see a cgminer file which was complied.  You may need to make it executable via:

Code:
    chmod +x cgminer

Then run this cgminer however you'd like.

ROOT ACCESS TO LIGHTNINGASIC CONTROLLER

Ok, I will post this here, since I think people could benefit from it. I'll have to give most of the credits to Girhes, since he told me about the failsafe mode of openWRT, and assisted me while trying to gain access (he did not have a controller himself yet).

Please note that this is at YOUR OWN RISK, you could brick your device when you have root access to the controller. Please do NOT install any programs when you have root access, unless you really know what you are doing. There is almost no room left on the device, so installing a program could brick your device.

1 - Start the controller in failsafe mode:

Quote from: Girhes
    There are different HW versions of the TL-WR703N - on version 1.6 you have to power on the controller, wait until the led starts flashing twice a second (it takes about 4 seconds to get there), then push the reset button immediately. When the led starts to flash much faster your device is in failsafe mode. All other HW versions: power on the controller, wait 10-12 seconds until the led starts flashing, then immediately push the reset button for 1-2 seconds. Again, if the led will start blinking rapidly you are in failsafe mode.

The versioin of your device is stated on the back of the device, underneath the barcode.

2 - Telnet into the device:

On windows go to start, type 'cmd' in the search bar, and start 'cmd.exe'. In the command window you get afterwards, type 'telnet 192.168.1.1'. Make sure you use the correct IP, my device used 192.168.1.1 in failsafe mode.

There is no user/pass required in failsafe mode.

3 - Switch to the live partition:

Type 'mount_root'

Warning! You are in the live partition now, with root permissions. You could seriously fuck thing up now!

4 - Change the root password:

Type 'passwd', and enter the password you would like (twice).

5 - Enable SSH:

Type 'vim /etc/config/dropbear', this will open the SSH config file in the vim text editor. You need to change "option enable" to "on".

You can start editing the file by hitting the 'i' key. You can now insert/delete characters. After you are finished editing hit the 'esc' key to stop editing. Now hit the ':' key, and type 'wq'. This will write the file, and quit the editor. If you made mistakes while editing, and just want to quit (without writing the file), type 'q' instead of 'wq'.

6 - Reboot the device:

Just unplug the usb power, and plug it in again.

7 - Have fun!

You can now SSH into the device while it is running in normal mode. (user: root, password whatever you entered in step 4). Just be carefull not to mess things up. If you are not at least a little familiar with linux, please be very carefull.

UBUNTU/LINUX INSTALLATION GUIDE

Hi Scrypt miners,

I was lucky enough to get one of the first Scrypt ASICs produced by Chinese GridSeed during my stay in South Korea last month. Cheers to Dis Btopia of xbitcoinx.com! Smiley I just hooked up one unit containing 5 chips to my Ubuntu box via USB port and here is what I did to get it running. Mind you, these instructions are for mining Scrypt, not SHA256 or dual mode, which the ASIC can also do. Most of the information I pieced together from this post in Chinese: http://cybtc.com/article-468-1.html

Download GridSeed's modified cpuminer and unpack zip file:
    Code:
    wget https://github.com/gridseed/cpuminer/archive/master.zip
    unzip master.zip
    cd cpuminer-master

..or download via git:
    Code:
    git clone git@github.com:gridseed/cpuminer.git
    cd cpuminer

Install automake:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install automake

You might need to install other compiling tools. I didn't need to, because I compiled other things before.

Compile:
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
    make

Connect and power up ASIC.

Find correct USB device:
    Code:
    ls /dev/*USB*

..or watch syslog while plugging in ASIC:
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/syslog

Start mining (replace "ttyUSB0" with device found above and add your pool data):
    Code:
    sudo ./minerd --freq=600 --gc3355=/dev/ttyUSB0 --url=<your pool> --userpass=user:pass

You should now see lots of output with yellow "LTC" lines. If you see red lines, that's bad. Wink Anyway, post here if you run into troubles.

I am not quite sure what the green and red LEDs are about. As far as I can tell there is no English documentation about that anywhere. I assume green (which is on as soon as power and USB are connected) indicates a certain ready state and red (which flashes sometimes) means hardware errors.

I am getting a lot of "Invalid nonce" errors in the cpuminer output along with red LED flashing. Probably because by mistake I got a 12V/0.5A power supply instead of 12V/5A and chips run low on power. So I can't tell you much about hash rates etc. right now. I'll get another power supply next week, so stay tuned.

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 22, 2014, 08:08:08 PM
    Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:34:21 PM by darkfriend77

Code:
      ________      .__    .____________                 .___                                          
     /  _____/______|__| __| _/   _____/ ____   ____   __| _/                                          
    /   \  __\_  __ \  |/ __ |\_____  \_/ __ \_/ __ \ / __ |                                          
    \    \_\  \  | \/  / /_/ |/        \  ___/\  ___// /_/ |                                          
     \______  /__|  |__\____ /_______  /\___  >\___  >____ |                                          
            \/              \/       \/     \/     \/     \/                                          
      _________                                  __        /\ ___________           .__                
     /   _____/__ ________ ______   ____________/  |_     / / \__    ___/_ __  ____ |__| ____    ____  
     \_____  \|  |  \____ \\____ \ /  _ \_  __ \   __\   / /    |    | |  |  \/    \|  |/    \  / ___\
     /        \  |  /  |_> >  |_> >  <_> )  | \/|  |    / /     |    | |  |  /   |  \  |   |  \/ /_/  >
    /_______  /____/|   __/|   __/ \____/|__|   |__|   / /      |____| |____/|___|  /__|___|  /\___  /
            \/      |__|   |__|                        \/                         \/        \//_____/  

The goal of this thread is to consolidate all informations to operate and fine tune the gridseed blade (80-chip) miner.

Brand:

Chips:
    Gridseed GC3355. Each unit has 80 chips.

Scrypt: 5.2M

Power Consumption:
    Scrypt: 100W/Unit

DEVELOPMENT

GRIDSEED:

- GRIDSEED Orginal GitHub

CGMINER:

- CGMiner-GC3355 by JMordica

CPUMiner:

- CPUMiner-GC3355 by sandor111

Code:
    ./minerd --gc3355=/dev/ttyACM0,/dev/ttyACM1,/dev/ttyACM2,... --gc3355-autotune --gc3355-chips=40 --freq=825 --url=stratum+tcp://doge.ghash.io:3333 --userpass=user.pass

CONTROLLER

SOFTWARE:

- HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA

... work in progress ...

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 22, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
    Last edit: April 19, 2014, 06:49:40 AM by darkfriend77

OVERCLOCKING:

• HARDWARE OVERCLOCKING GS5
    • HARDWARE OVERCLOCKING BLADE

HARDWARE OVERCLOCKING GS5

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BREAK YOUR MINER! THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

If you are feeling brave, there's a small modification you can make to your miner to increase the voltage a bit, which will let you run at a higher voltage. First, you will need to perform a bridge solder (soldering a jumper might also be doable, though I did not yet try that). Second, you need to use my modified cgminer (https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355) and set voltage=1 in the gridseed-options part of your config. I've been able to run at 950 MHz without hardware errors. This will cause the miner to use an additional 1.6 W of power.

HARDWARE OVERCLOCKING BLADE

lajz99

Activity: 756
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 12:30:33 AM

Any links to suggested individual power supplies?

Blueman666

Activity: 108
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 01:39:14 AM
    Last edit: February 23, 2014, 01:53:56 AM by Blueman666

You say that the power plug is 5.5x2.1 but on the lightningasic website the mass of chinese text against the picture of the power cables ends with the number 2.5mm I would guess this is the power plug size?

Also the cable you show 8 into one does not look suitable, as it would need to carry 30 amps through the single plug to the power supply and I think that is way over the spec for those.
    atari02

Activity: 112

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 03:09:00 AM

You say that the power plug is 5.5x2.1 but on the lightningasic website the mass of chinese text against the picture of the power cables ends with the number 2.5mm I would guess this is the power plug size?

Also the cable you show 8 into one does not look suitable, as it would need to carry 30 amps through the single plug to the power supply and I think that is way over the spec for those.

I believe it is the 2.5mm internal diameter. This not as common as the 2.1mm cctv ones. You need to buy what they call as 5.5x2.5mm pigtails.

Blueman666

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 07:26:56 AM

I believe it is the 2.5mm internal diameter. This not as common as the 2.1mm cctv ones. You need to buy what they call as 5.5x2.5mm pigtails.
    Your second post still states that the power plug is 2.1mm
    darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 10:09:09 AM

I bought a 5.5-2.1mm and it's working ...

http://www.conrad.ch/ce/de/product/512898/Tischnetzteil-Festspannung-VOLTCRAFT-FTPS-12-60W-12-VDC-5000-mA?ref=list

Highlights & Details

StandBy-Verbrauch <0,3 W
    Ausgang 12 V/DC / 5000 mA
    Leistung max. 60 Watt
    DC-Hohlstecker 5,5 x 2,1 mm (Außen-/Innen-Ø)

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 01:25:38 PM

Small question, would it be possible to power one USB miner with 12V and 1A for only scrypt mining?

It can't damage anything right when trying?

Adamlm

Activity: 822
    Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 02:17:39 PM

Can you please describe how to connect those cables to an industrial power supply? Which pins should be used: V+, V- only or GND also?

For example: this should be ok for 2 units:

COTEK 12V 12,5A 150W [GE-150-12]

This cable:
    1 x  2,1x5,5mm - 5 x  2,1x5,5 mm

and this one to connect to a power supply, but it has only two wires, so I assume only V+ and V- ?

or maybe this one (with screening):
    http://zasilaczeonline.pl/media/products/364a109840a26a4d9db4337c672eed01/images/thumbnail/big_DSCN0042.JPG?updated_at=1383132597

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 02:32:45 PM

Can you please describe how to connect those cables to an industrial power supply? Which pins should be used: V+, V- only or GND also?

the right 3 cables are for power connection from the wall ...

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 02:59:04 PM
    Last edit: February 23, 2014, 03:09:12 PM by darkfriend77

Any one worked out some details about the ... wiibox software ... ?

I did a translation of the web interface.

It seems a little empty in the GUI interface of the 2.02 version an overall hashrate and a single per miner hashrate would be a good start ....

gona dig into the software ...

Adamlm

Activity: 822
    Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 03:03:12 PM

And what about the power supply for wiibox controller? What is recommended?

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

And what about the power supply for wiibox controller? What is recommended?

USB Micro-B-Cable

lajz99

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

I'm not having much luck finding the individual plugs on Amazon, anyone have any suggested plugs?  (Need some quick)

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 06:09:47 PM
    Last edit: February 23, 2014, 09:24:16 PM by darkfriend77

<< removed >>

Blueman666

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

I'm not having much luck finding the individual plugs on Amazon, anyone have any suggested plugs?  (Need some quick)

What are you missing?

The plugs for the miners?

If yes,

in my opinion something like this should work ...

http://www.cctvcameradvrs.com/accessories/power-supply/1-to-8-power-splitter-adapter-cable-for-cctv-security-dvr-system-camera-8-ch

You seem to be giving some bad advice here. If the power connectors are 2.5mm why suggest that a 2.1mm connector is what is required? Maybe yours did take a 2.1mm, that is no garantee that all will. Much better to have the correct size surely?
    Also that cable you are suggesting there is not rated for the sort of current in use here. Ok for LTC only mode but if you are using 2 of these with 30A each going through them that is asking for a problem. A single socket of this type cannot possibly handle 30A.
    darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
    February 23, 2014, 09:23:46 PM

I'm not having much luck finding the individual plugs on Amazon, anyone have any suggested plugs?  (Need some quick)

You seem to be giving some bad advice here. If the power connectors are 2.5mm why suggest that a 2.1mm connector is what is required? Maybe yours did take a 2.1mm, that is no garantee that all will. Much better to have the correct size surely?
    Also that cable you are suggesting there is not rated for the sort of current in use here. Ok for LTC only mode but if you are using 2 of these with 30A each going through them that is asking for a problem. A single socket of this type cannot possibly handle 30A.

ok, you're pointing out some good stuff ...

for now I can only say I experienced that my plug is working with 2.1-5.5mm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5297838#msg5297838

On Diginforce it is writen down as 2.5,as I understand.

thanx for the advice

maybe you can give us an advice on what cables to use from the power supply ...

an other questions that some are asking me, is there a way to abuse a ATX power supply for that use?

Blueman666

View Profile
    February 23, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

Yes you could use an ATX power supply to give the 12V needed. ATX units come in various ratings and can supply different amounts of current on their 12V rails. It would be a messy solution though as you would need to join some pins on the motherboard connector so that it would run standalone and in my experience you would need a unit which was specified over your needs as I think they are not designed to cope with continuous flat out use. You would need to know what you are doing to wire it up and the cost would be likely be way more than the simple supplies shown in your pictures.

Suitable power supplies are cheaply available on ebay for driving LED lighting strips. For instance -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Stock-DC-12V-Universal-Regulated-Switching-Power-Supply-for-LED-Strip-CCTV-/161081134308

These look like the same type.

As far as wiring goes, the tails from each power lead need to be terminated on the power supply itself, as shown in the pictures you have published. If you use an octopus type of splitter you would be putting far too much current through a single small cable. How thick is the lead to your kettle? That is carrying about 12 amps. A cable carrying 25 amps needs to be quite beefy. One miner uses about 5 amps so wire each tail direct to the power unit.
    lajz99

View Profile
    February 24, 2014, 05:34:23 AM
    Last edit: February 24, 2014, 06:32:28 AM by lajz99

For those of you in the US I believe this one will work: http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-100V-Switching-Adapter/dp/B008FKDK2M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393220001&sr=8-2&keywords=ac+adapter+12v+5a

Based on suggestion below, looks like this is a better option: http://www.amazon.com/AC-100V-Switching-Supply-Adapter/dp/B00DGOAWAA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1393223439&sr=8-12&keywords=12v+6a+power+supply

Can someone confirm?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 102 »
      Print  

Jump to: