Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308622 times)
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:46:05 PM

Is there anyway to measure the hash rate other then using the pool if you arent using the controller? Right now I am just using the cpuminer and it doesnt show any actual hash rate.

No, the hash rate is determined entirely by the frequency, absent hardware errors. At 850 MHz you are looking at around 360 kh/s.

This is not true

Yes it is. This is how electronics work. Note that hash rate and acceptance rate are different things. Over the long run, the acceptance rate can be used to statistically estimate hash rate.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:47:50 PM

Lol

Dryleaf

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:13:48 PM

Update:

Mining Software:
- cpuminer-GC3355-win32-fixed for LTC only (low watt fixed)
- cpuminer-GC3355-win32-fixed-OC for LTC only (low watt fixed and OC support up to 1200mhz) (read)

Curious what the point of going up to 1200 MHz is for clock speed since anything over 950 throws a crapload of invalid nonces.
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:21:17 PM

Is there anyway to measure the hash rate other then using the pool if you arent using the controller? Right now I am just using the cpuminer and it doesnt show any actual hash rate.

No, the hash rate is determined entirely by the frequency, absent hardware errors. At 850 MHz you are looking at around 360 kh/s.

This is not true

Thanks miaviator for this complete and accurate tutorial. I'd managed to get the ASICs hashing on Windows, but only got them running on Linux thanks to you.

You state that "There is currently no way to check hashrate aside from using the controller or checking at the pool".

Actually, there is one : cpuminer has a -S option, which allows writing its output to syslog. You then need to write a syslog filter to isolate output from the different cpuminers and output to a separate logfile, and some shell/perl/ruby script to parse the logfile and produce relevant statistics. You won't get directly the hash rate, but using the accepted lines, you can make an accurate guess.

Fully agree with you that this souldn't be an issue if Jack was providing proper support to the product he sells.

Eric

Also different units will run at different speeds based on coin difficulty and clock rate and chip quality.  Mine likes to hit 260Khs at 850 clock and 330 at 800. 

RE:clock speed vs hash rate: try reducing Transmit buffer (FIFO) to (14) = optimum hash rates achievable, evidently...
Comm port settings are: 115200 bps - 8 - N - 1 - None = all ports....
This has worked for me. The pods can easily handle 850 MHz with NO errors!
Peace
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
jmordica

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:23:20 PM

Update:

Mining Software:
- cpuminer-GC3355-win32-fixed-OC for LTC only (low watt fixed and OC support up to 1200mhz) (read)

Does this support multiple miners? 10 or 20 hooked to one windows machine (of course through a powered usb hub)?
Mudflap

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:24:46 PM

After seeing space on the PSU and a having a 13 usb hub I just purchased two more miners today, so going to run 12 in total, lets see how the controller takes it.

Will report back.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:27:36 PM

Update:

Mining Software:

Does this support multiple miners? 10 or 20 hooked to one windows machine (of course through a powered usb hub)?

Earlier they had stated it will support over 10 miners. In cpuminer you have to use the exact COM port, \\.\COM15
jmordica

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:48:22 PM

So if you have 20 miners (2 usb hubs) you need to start 2 instances of minerd? but how?

Thanks!
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:09:38 PM

Just found this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502038.0

You will need a separate instance of cpuminer for each Gridseed.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 04:22:45 PM

Update:

Mining Software:

Curious what the point of going up to 1200 MHz is for clock speed since anything over 950 throws a crapload of invalid nonces.

Yes, I agree! Go ahead and try it and let us know what happens...  Wink And as always, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I'm seeing no errors at 850 but my nonce - on average, has dropped from 100% to 99.76%!
WATCH YOUR nonce value. That's the one that counts as it's an indication of VALID shares accepted!...or not ;(
Wolfey2014

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:17:27 PM

I need some help, I am going to smash this %$*(% wiibox controller I cannot get the damn thing to work. I can log into the page for it but it tells me No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment.

I have 5v power to the mini usb on it i have a powered hub connected to the large usb on it and I have a network cable connected to the back of my router on it. I have no idea why it has two network ports. and i do not know what the little button is for.
I and open a web page and see the crappy chinese webpage for the device and enter settings but it says No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment under each item. I have had the miner running scrypt fine directly under windows but I would like to take advantage of its dual mining abilities. This stupid piece of crap controller is starting to frustrate the shit out of me. Also what is the little jumper on it for.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:48:22 PM

I need some help, I am going to smash this %$*(% wiibox controller I cannot get the damn thing to work. I can log into the page for it but it tells me No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment.

I have 5v power to the mini usb on it i have a powered hub connected to the large usb on it and I have a network cable connected to the back of my router on it. I have no idea why it has two network ports. and i do not know what the little button is for.
I and open a web page and see the crappy chinese webpage for the device and enter settings but it says No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment under each item. I have had the miner running scrypt fine directly under windows but I would like to take advantage of its dual mining abilities. This stupid piece of crap controller is starting to frustrate the shit out of me. Also what is the little jumper on it for.

Try a different thread. They are out here, you just have to look!
Good luck!

SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:52:54 PM

Good luck!
Thank you for the absolutely useless reply. Oh I am sorry the title of this thread is not Guide Gridseed miner Support/Tuning. My mistake!!!!
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:16:09 PM

Here is a pic of how it should be connected.

This thread has some translation pics that might help in deciphering wiibox.net https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5463728#msg5463728. Once you update to 2.0.3, you can just go the ip address and enter pool info there.

Write out the worker IDs as follows for better stability (only use the number of actual miners you have hooked up):

worker_1, worker_2, worker_3, worker_4, worker_5, worker_6, worker_7, worker_8, worker_9, worker_10

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:23:43 PM

Good luck!
Thank you for the absolutely useless reply. Oh I am sorry the title of this thread is not Guide Gridseed miner Support/Tuning. My mistake!!!!

Like I said, get some help!

SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:24:38 PM

Here is a pic of how it should be connected.

This thread has some translation pics that might help in deciphering wiibox.net https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5463728#msg5463728. Once you update to 2.0.3, you can just go the ip address and enter pool info there.

Write out the worker IDs as follows for better stability (only use the number of actual miners you have hooked up):

worker_1, worker_2, worker_3, worker_4, worker_5, worker_6, worker_7, worker_8, worker_9, worker_10

That looks identical to how I have mine hooked up, I have a couple of questions, one how do I  update the firmware on the device, and two am i correct to assume that the micro usb on the device is the 5v power and the full size usb is to the hub. also about 40% of the time that i access the ip of the device it hangs and causes all of my internet to not function and forces me to reboot my router.
darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:25:28 PM

Good luck!

Send me your skype name I will try to help you I got a wiibox controller in hand ... to follow you.

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

Good luck!

Send me your skype name I will try to help you I got a wiibox controller in hand ... to follow you.

I am currently at work, Wasted an hour at lunch on the thing. When I get home Ill if your still online I will look up my skype information.
How do you update the firmware on the device? It sucks getting a generic board with no labelling or instructions to go with it, especially when it costs me $100 bucks for the thing. I will be so happy when someone comes out with a dual miner option for windows.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:54:38 PM

So can I run on 12v 3.75 amps for tonight. I have a 12v 6a coming but might be tomorrow or Friday before i see it. Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:57:12 PM

So can I run on 12v 3.75 amps for tonight. I have a 12v 6a coming but might be tomorrow or Friday before i see it. Thanks

In LTC only mode, absolutely! Way more overhead than required.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: