Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308669 times)
darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:32:24 PM

I am assuming the micro usb on the board is the power and the full size usb on the board is to connect to the hub
I bought this thing cause it can dual mine but I guess i might be screwed there thanks to this control board

that's correct.

Ok, then let's try to update it to the last or maybe to the 2.0.2 version ...

access wiibox.net (use google chrome)
create an account ...
search for devices be sure that you are in a 192.168.x.x (NAT)
bind your device
update your device ...

be sure to put in all info in https://i.imgur.com/TrUMtqy.png

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:47:38 PM

Is there a way to slow down the fans on the miners? They are so loud that it sounds like it's going airborne Smiley If there is no way to slow them down yet, how can i detach them from the miners and that i connect another, slower fan? Or is the only way to cut the wires?
darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:50:42 PM

Is there a way to slow down the fans on the miners? They are so loud that it sounds like it's going airborne Smiley If there is no way to slow them down yet, how can i detach them from the miners and that i connect another, slower fan? Or is the only way to cut the wires?

you could desolder ... but I think for most it's the easiest way to cut off ... maybe you just put a 3pin connector on it so you can attach later an other one if you want too ...

SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:55:18 PM

I am assuming the micro usb on the board is the power and the full size usb on the board is to connect to the hub
I bought this thing cause it can dual mine but I guess i might be screwed there thanks to this control board

that's correct.

Ok, then let's try to update it to the last or maybe to the 2.0.2 version ...

access wiibox.net (use google chrome)
create an account ...
search for devices be sure that you are in a 192.168.x.x (NAT)
bind your device
update your device ...

be sure to put in all info in https://i.imgur.com/TrUMtqy.png
I have given up on the little board it freezes up my whole network when i try to access it almost all the time, have no idea why. cannot open any web pages and it just hangs when trying to access. Someone else gave me another option just need a little help there though.
They gave me a link to a version of cgminer that runs these
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1245-download-cgminer-3-8-5-for-windows-btc-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/
But i need someone to explain to me how to do the following:
in order for this cgminer to detect your ASIC device you need to install a WinUSB driver over the virtual COM to USB driver
darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:09:09 AM

update:

SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:50:57 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 01:28:49 AM by SummersideGuy

OK followed this, when I downloaded Zadig there was nothing in the drop down menu, i had to select list all devices, now STM32 virtual com port came up and I installed the driver. I am now mining BTC side but my Scrypt side now fails even with the --dual option added to the bat file!!!

There is no where in the drop down menu that i have the same option as on the how to link "cp2102 usb to uart bridge controller "
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:04:16 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 02:33:59 AM by SummersideGuy

How do I revert back, as now I cannot seem to scrypt mine with the miner ony sha

EDIT: I reinstalled the STM virtual comport driver and back to mining scrypt. In Zadig I do not have the same options as shown in the how to dual mine link above. I do not see CP2102 USB to UART bridge control option listed there anywhere. I installed this driver and it still does not show up there
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:08:39 AM

Similar problem. I can only get one or the other.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:31:15 AM

How do I revert back, as now I cannot seem to scrypt mine with the miner ony sha

EDIT: I reinstalled the STM virtual comport driver and back to mining scrypt. In Zadig I do not have the same options as shown in the how to dual mine link above. I do not see CP2102 USB to UART bridge control option listed there anywhere. I installed this driver and it still does not show up there

Manually change the driver in computer management or close zadig unplug the device and then re-install the gridseed drivers.

miner765

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:35:47 AM

Guys, so how to run more then 5 miners per PSU? Can someone please explain how to wire it correctly?
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:52:48 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:40:30 AM by wolfey2014

I would guess.....
If your com/lpt port drivers in device manager still show.
First, close Zadikitup, then go into device manager and refresh the drivers via right click on comm port then click on 'scan for hardware changes'.
Then unplug and plug back in your GS5 and you should be good to go.
I think this might work instead of re-installing the STMelectronics Virtual Comm Port drivers...
That is unless Zadickitallup overwrote or deleted them...
I'm very leery of converting over to cgminer 3.7.2 and having to install Zadig after having cpuminer and my GS5s running like a top for a few days now!
I wrote in to Crypto Mining Blog and asked about them adding real time hash rate to cpuminer. They suggested I convert to cgminer.
I thought it was a good idea when I found out that overclocking evidently works better with cg but now I'm reading that, maybe it ain't a good idea until a firmware upgrade is performed, if that ever happens, right? If cgminer turns out to be stabilizing higher clock speeds i.e. 900, 1000, 1100, 1200...then I'll consider it very strongly.
It seems no one except the very astute and experienced programmer types can figure out how to dual mine.
I'd like to try that soon, myself! No need in letting those btc fractions going to someone with a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR - billion kazillion hashes per second super duper coin poopers!
As for now....
They are hashing away very nicely with CPUMINER at 850MHz! Hey, if it ain't broke, don't bypass it with some other shyt! USE the crap out of it! $$$$$$
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:55:54 AM

Guys, so how to run more then 5 miners per PSU? Can someone please explain how to wire it correctly?

The PSU has + and -

The cords are Red and white

Just wire them in per the directions as many as you need to the three sets of terminals..

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:37:35 AM

I dont have CP2102 USB to UART bridge control do i just install it on the comm port? I did that but it still wouldnt work. Running windows 8.1 :/

Fucked up thing is i had 10 showing up and then now i cant get shit... Sad
simon66

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:39:22 AM

The PSU has + and -

The cords are Red and white

Just wire them in per the directions as many as you need to the three sets of terminals..

Red? Not sure what kind of PSU you're talking about, but regular on a regular PC PSU, red is 5v. You need 12v to run a GS5 device. Use the Yellow (12v) wire and choose any black wire for the ground.

Sorry if I understood your question wrong.
jmordica

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:08:38 AM

Manually change the driver in computer management or close zadig unplug the device and then re-install the gridseed drivers.

I have this same issue with the name not showing like in the screenshot.

I just need to rename it to CP2102 etc..?
up2urheadlights

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:22:09 AM

I would guess.....
First, close Zadikitup, then go into device manager and refresh the drivers via right click on comm port then click on 'scan for hardware changes'.
I think this might work instead of re-installing the STMelectronics Virtual Comm Port drivers...
I'm very leery of converting over to cgminer 3.7.2 and having to install Zadig after having cpuminer and my GS5s running like a top for a few days now!
I wrote in to Crypto Mining Blog and asked about them adding real time hash rate to cpuminer. They suggested I convert to cgminer.
I thought it was a good idea when I found out that overclocking evidently works better with cg but now I'm reading that, maybe it ain't a good idea until a firmware upgrade is performed, if that ever happens, right? If cgminer turns out to be stabilizing higher clock speeds i.e. 900, 1000, 1100, 1200...then I'll consider it very strongly.
It seems no one except the very astute and experienced programmer types can figure out how to dual mine.
I'd like to try that soon, myself! No need in letting those btc fractions going to someone with a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR - billion kazillion hashes per second super duper coin pooper have it all!, eh?
As for now....
They are hashing away very nicely with CPUMINER at 850MHz! Hey, if it ain't broke, don't bypass it with some other shyt! USE the crap out of it! $$$$$$
Wolfey2014

I don't get why you would want to dual mine or mine sha-256 with these.  LTC profitability > BTC profitability.  If you dual mine, your LTC hashrate is going down to compensate, it's not like you are leaving the BTC power on the table by not enabling it.  From what I've heard, you can get 2.5 GH/s BTC and 200 Kh/s LTC while dual mining at stock clocks, and you are using more power, to mine less profitable coins.  If you want to mine BTC there are much more less expensive ASICs that can get higher hashrates for less money and less power and you won't be wasting your more profitable hashes on your Gridseed.
up2urheadlights

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:29:56 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:59:18 AM by up2urheadlights

New cgminer that works in LTC only mode:  http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/

Shows local stats and HW.  A step in the right direction.  I don't think fan control will ever be an option, but here's hoping.

EDIT: Doesn't work  Cry Had a pretty bad experience trying to get it to.
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:37:40 AM

I would guess.....
I'd like to try that soon, myself! No need in letting those btc fractions going to someone with a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR - billion kazillion hashes per second super duper coin pooper have it all!, eh?
As for now....
Wolfey2014

I don't get why you would want to dual mine or mine sha-256 with these.  LTC profitability > BTC profitability.  If you dual mine, your LTC hashrate is going down to compensate, it's not like you are leaving the BTC power on the table by not enabling it.  From what I've heard, you can get 2.5 GH/s BTC and 200 Kh/s LTC while dual mining at stock clocks, and you are using more power, to mine less profitable coins.  If you want to mine BTC there are much more less expensive ASICs that can get higher hashrates for less money and less power and you won't be wasting your more profitable hashes on your Gridseed.

Maybe he just thinks mining btc is fun, and don't forget that it could become more profitable if the value of btc goes up as predicted. Those miniscule Btc fractions will go up in value as well!
Don't get me wrong. You are right in what you say too.

I would love to see someone find a way to reprogram the GC3355's to utilize the otherwise unused btc cores to run Scrypt! I mean, I know the firmware probably won't allow it but the engineers saw fit to only alot 4 cores for Scrypt mining and alot 160 cores for btc frikkin mining. What a waste! if you aren't using them! Give the algorithms are different for both, the processors are still just FETs (transistors) that are either on or off i.e. 1 or 0 just like the Scrypt cores are. So theoretically, they can be re-programmed to run Scrypt! Now that would be a vast improvement!

Then the GS5's would really crank out the hashes. I mean they'd probably be hashing at several times the current rate! And even though they would draw more power, it wouldn't be as much as SHA processing uses because Scrypt is much more efficient, electronically speaking, than SHA-256.
Yeah, that would be cool!

Just my 55000 quarks! Wink
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:43:30 AM

any with st32 com ports get this new cgminer working?
up2urheadlights

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:01:00 AM

any with st32 com ports get this new cgminer working?

No.  And installing zadig caused my display driver to stop working.  So I went from 1100 Kh/s to 0 Kh/s to try this out.

Luckily using a restore point before the zadig driver was installed got everything working again and I'm happily hashing.

I am a little peeved I just lost 1/2 hour of sleep though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: