Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308636 times)
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

So from the looks of the comments here http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/#comments the STM etc.. isn't supported yet?

Also I tried this in linux and all the devices are shown and hashing but getting 100% reject and no shares are being offered.

I got it working with STM. Only downside was that when I was playing around with frequency, I had to disconnect and reconnect the units for CGminer to see them again.

What steps did you perform to get this working?

Thanks.
Exactly as written in the post you linked.
- Downloaded Zadig
- From the Zadig interface select Options and choose List All Devices
- From the Dropdown list of devices select STM Device USB and click on Replace Driver with the WinUSB driver selected
- Edited the .bat file in CGminer and ran it.

As mentioned, after stopping CGminer I had to reconnect the USB cable to get CGminer to see the devices again.

Wow! what a convoluted mess cgminer is...at least with GS5's... my gosh!
All that configuring and re-configuring, tech support issues like crazy!
It seems cgminer has a way to go yet to become 'user friendly' i.e. easy and convenient for most users.
I'm using cpuminer LTC only version, and running smoothly, no comm port issues, no Zadikitup to hassle with.
Just dump zadic and cgminer for GS3355 and use cpuminer for Gridseed 5-Chip ASICs with Reduced Power Usage.... http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/
Forget about all the headaches and LOST TIME AND INCOME courtesy of cgminer for GS3355...
Load up and run cpuminer, get them running and making you MONEY stably and dependably!
Headaches, hassles and wasted time gone!
I for one am not interested in being some well meaning hacker's guinea pig....
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

I think the attempt to get cgminer running was worth the "lost time and income".  The single more beneficial feature is the HW errors being reported which would take all the guesswork out of setting a good frequency to run your individual miner.  With cpuminer I have no idea how many HW errors other than the occasional bright red invalid nonce.  I think it'll get fixed eventually for STM and nobody will even remember they used cpuminer.

+1 idk why this guy has a hard on for cpuminer. I am gonna be running 80 of these. You think i want 80 windows up? Yes we get it. It works but who knows if we are even hashing at our full rate. Jeez.
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:39:59 PM

Summerside - after the driver shows up do i need to unplug and plug in the gridseed.Still in work ill give it a try when i get home.
I did not need to unplug it , but be warned once I did this I could only do sha256 as there was no longer a visible com port for scrypt, rolling back the driver reverses everything though
 below is all you have after Zadig

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:44:46 PM

Summerside - after the driver shows up do i need to unplug and plug in the gridseed.Still in work ill give it a try when i get home.
I did not need to unplug it , but be warned once I did this I could only do sha256 as there was no longer a visible com port for scrypt, rolling back the driver reverses everything though

I kind of feel like there isnt suppose to be a com port. Rather it maks it recognized as a usb device. Anyway i still cant get this to work for more than 2 units.
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:56:59 PM

I got it to dual mine last night, I was stuck in the back and forth of sha256 / scrypt as well. Before using zadig to overwrite the driver my com port was 4 then it disappears as stated above. I changed the com port to 1 it the batch file for cpuminer and it fired up, very slowly mind you. Once it started hashing scrypt I launched cgminer and it went to work also. I did drop the clock speed for both. I am only using one miner mind you. Currently I am only getting 250 KH/s and 8.77 GH/s

I am sure this is of no/little help but that is what I did messing around and it worked.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:58:53 PM

So from the looks of the comments here http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/#comments the STM etc.. isn't supported yet?

Also I tried this in linux and all the devices are shown and hashing but getting 100% reject and no shares are being offered.

I got it working with STM. Only downside was that when I was playing around with frequency, I had to disconnect and reconnect the units for CGminer to see them again.

What steps did you perform to get this working?

Thanks.
Exactly as written in the post you linked.
- Downloaded Zadig
- From the Zadig interface select Options and choose List All Devices
- From the Dropdown list of devices select STM Device USB and click on Replace Driver with the WinUSB driver selected
- Edited the .bat file in CGminer and ran it.

As mentioned, after stopping CGminer I had to reconnect the USB cable to get CGminer to see the devices again.

Wow! what a convoluted mess cgminer is...at least with GS5's... my gosh!
All that configuring and re-configuring, tech support issues like crazy!
It seems cgminer has a way to go yet to become 'user friendly' i.e. easy and convenient for most users.
I'm using cpuminer LTC only version, and running smoothly, no comm port issues, no Zadikitup to hassle with.
Just dump zadic and cgminer for GS3355 and use cpuminer for Gridseed 5-Chip ASICs with Reduced Power Usage.... http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/
Forget about all the headaches and LOST TIME AND INCOME courtesy of cgminer for GS3355...
Load up and run cpuminer, get them running and making you MONEY stably and dependably!
Headaches, hassles and wasted time gone!
I for one am not interested in being some well meaning hacker's guinea pig....
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

I think the attempt to get cgminer running was worth the "lost time and income".  The single more beneficial feature is the HW errors being reported which would take all the guesswork out of setting a good frequency to run your individual miner.  With cpuminer I have no idea how many HW errors other than the occasional bright red invalid nonce.  I think it'll get fixed eventually for STM and nobody will even remember they used cpuminer.

+1 idk why this guy has a hard on for cpuminer. I am gonna be running 80 of these. You think i want 80 windows up? Yes we get it. It works but who knows if we are even hashing at our full rate. Jeez.

80 miners! Wow! That is impressive! I don't blame you for thinking that!!  Grin....

Okay, maybe I was a little bit too harsh on cg but, I was speaking more about those who are only running 5 or 10 or even 20 miners. No big deal having that many windows open. They use up hardly any resources. Check task manager and see for yourself.
As for those of you with huge farms, I agree, it's probably worth the hassles to get them all crammed into one huge window and have a means to monitor and control them remotely too.
I'll probably end up doing the same thing you cgminer's are. But hopefully by the time I do go for it, a lot of the bug and other shyt will be worked out. Maybe it'll even be packaged in a nice convenient point and click type format too. Wink

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 10:16:15 PM by SummersideGuy

I got it to dual mine last night, I was stuck in the back and forth of sha256 / scrypt as well. Before using zadig to overwrite the driver my com port was 4 then it disappears as stated above. I changed the com port to 1 it the batch file for cpuminer and it fired up, very slowly mind you. Once it started hashing scrypt I launched cgminer and it went to work also. I did drop the clock speed for both. I am only using one miner mind you. Currently I am only getting 250 KH/s and 8.77 GH/s

I am sure this is of no/little help but that is what I did messing around and it worked.
I will give this a try also see what happens

Update: Both are detected using com1 for cpuminer, however cpuminer is not finding any shares at all
See below:

So still no further ahead for me
up2urheadlights

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:29:02 PM

I will give this a try also see what happens

Update: Both are detected using com1 for cpuminer, however cpuminer is not finding any shares at all
See below:
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/louiemgallant/attemptatdualhashing_zpsd212051a.jpg

So still no further ahead for me

Have you tried lowering the frequency?  800 might be too much for dual mining.  Also, make sure your power supply is supplying enough power.  Back before cpuminer could disable the BTC cores my power supply was not powerful enough and the same thing happened, no found shares.
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:32:43 PM

Have you tried lowering the frequency?  800 might be too much for dual mining.  Also, make sure your power supply is supplying enough power.  Back before cpuminer could disable the BTC cores my power supply was not powerful enough and the same thing happened, no found shares.

I played with frequency all the way down to 600, still the same results sha256 mines fine all the way up to 900, scrypt no shares being made, psu wise it is hooked up to a 850 thermaltake PC PSU, lots of juice there
xZork

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:38:22 PM

Have you tried lowering the frequency?  800 might be too much for dual mining.  Also, make sure your power supply is supplying enough power.  Back before cpuminer could disable the BTC cores my power supply was not powerful enough and the same thing happened, no found shares.

I played with frequency all the way down to 600, still the same results sha256 mines fine all the way up to 900, scrypt no shares being made, psu wise it is hooked up to a 850 thermaltake PC PSU, lots of juice there

What happens if you launch cpuminer only? I was getting those same results... when I get home I will see if I can recreate it.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:40:29 PM

What happens if you launch cpuminer only? I was getting those same results... when I get home I will see if I can recreate it.
CPUminer only is the same as when I run both, no share being submitted
btcXem

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

If you don't want to run a bunch of cpuminers, I have posted modified cgminer sources to allow LTC-only mode: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.

I have a single GridSeed on the way and I want to run it on my 5 GPU Debian system. It's currently running sgminer for the GPU's and I'd like to keep that way. What is the process I'd use to get your modified cgminer working with the GridSeed?

Would this theoretically work?

Plug in GridSeed into power and USB
git clone https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355
cd cgminer-gc3355
./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
make
./cgminer -o: (url) -u (user) -p (password) --griseed-options=freq=850

Would it try to use my GPU's? How would I tell it to use the GridSeed only?
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:34:03 AM

I have been able to get 2 Of the Gridseeds to Hash in LTC only mode using the modified cgminer 3.7.2 But Some how I cant get any more to detect. When I pug another one in it knocks out the first unit. I suspect its some sort of internal conflict 1 device conflicts with the other and boots it off. has anyone been able to get multiple units say 5 or 10 all hashing at once with the modified CG miner?

I have tried removing the driver and reloading them but i keep having the same problem
xZork

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:50:19 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 02:03:12 AM by xZork

CPUminer only is the same as when I run both, no share being submitted

Figured out why it is working for me. I have the STM32 Virtual COM Port driver installed, not the WinUSB. So that took care of the scrypt side. To get sha256 to work, I have to be running Slush's mining proxy. I also have some cubes running of the same W7 machine. If I don't fire up the cubes first, cgminer states "No devices detected! Waiting for USB hotplug......" However, i read in a different thread today that in the cgminer batch file to change the switch hotplug=0 to hotplug=5. Just tried it and that makes it hash without needing slush's proxy running. Note that when I changed the hotplug switch my batch file for my cubes failed and I could only mine with the Gridseed, so I changed hotplug back to 0 and just run my cubes first.

That is kind of a jumbled post, I am a noob so take it as it is :p
Hope that helps.

EDIT:  (Taken from github) --hotplug <arg>     Seconds between hotplug checks (0 means never check)

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:57:33 AM

I have been able to get 2 Of the Gridseeds to Hash in LTC only mode using the modified cgminer 3.7.2 But Some how I cant get any more to detect. When I pug another one in it knocks out the first unit. I suspect its some sort of internal conflict 1 device conflicts with the other and boots it off. has anyone been able to get multiple units say 5 or 10 all hashing at once with the modified CG miner?

I have tried removing the driver and reloading them but i keep having the same problem

God I'm glad I didn't accept the Cryptomining Blog's moderator's suggestion to 'upgrade-ahhhcaughcaughgagughhhh' to cgwiner 3.7.2. Good call! Wink
Try to debug stuff decently enough so at least the basics work stably before you unleash it on the public, eh?
cpuminer rules! Cheesy
Wolfey2014

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7888

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:12:40 AM

the only good thing i can say is I had 5 pc's running 8 gpu's doing ltc.   Sooo even if I can't get past 2 gridseeds a pc I can run 10 of them and run 5 gpu's.  each pc will run 2 gridseeds and 1 r9 290.

I will sell off the other 3  r9 290's .  or maybe I will spring for a controller.

right now 2 are in house running around 365 each.

I have 4 more on order.

my total for kh is about   6000 between the gpus and the 2 grids.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:19:19 AM

the only good thing i can say is I had 5 pc's running 8 gpu's doing ltc.   Sooo even if I can't get past 2 gridseeds a pc I can run 10 of them and run 5 gpu's.  each pc will run 2 gridseeds and 1 r9 290.

I will sell off the other 3  r9 290's .  or maybe I will spring for a controller.

right now 2 are in house running around 365 each.

I have 4 more on order.

my total for kh is about   6000 between the gpus and the 2 grids.

Cool. How much power is your multi-rig using?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:32:53 AM

Anyone who has a Rapsberry Pi should try this:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg138204#msg138204

Works perfectly for me.

Actually even if you don't have a Raspberry, just buy one. No messing around with junk controllers, no Windows USB drivers. Plug and play.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:39:28 AM

Works perfectly for me.

Actually even if you don't have a Raspberry, just buy one. No messing around with junk controllers, no Windows USB drivers. Plug and play.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Raspberry Pi.
Where can I buy one?
Got a link?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:08:46 AM

So I did more experimenting and if i run 2 Instances of modified Cgminer I can get more working so I think this might be able to be fixed with a patch to cgminer so far i got 4 up and running so were gettign closer Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:22:46 AM

Works perfectly for me.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Raspberry Pi.
Where can I buy one?
Got a link?
Thanks
Wolfey2014

I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Basic-Clear-Supply/dp/B00DG9D6IK

Includes power supply and case. If you don't need a case and have a spare micro-USB power supply, you can get a bare board for ~$40
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: