Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please remove, thread moved to self moderated  (Read 57439 times)
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:20:28 AM

The party's at poolparty so why not join the party?  Tongue

Well, I was going to save my first post for a beta [ANN] thread, but you guys are gonna make me blush. Thanks for the shoutouts to you and KSGuy Smiley

I've been away with a family emergency for the last few 2 weeks, but should be able to be more active on here, IRC, and of course your mumble meetings again soon. Hope everything's going well!

Everything is going well, thanks.  Look forward to seeing you on IRC.  My next post here will be the topic schedule for the meeting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

Details on how to connect to the meeting will be shared in #cannacoin on Freenode IRC on Wednesday at 12pm Pacific, we will use Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php

Pre-meeting: 2:45pm

Meeting: 3pm

Post-meeting discussion: 3:30pm

The meeting will be short, 30 minutes, so that we can accommodate those with tight schedules. We will not divulge into technical or theoretical discussions. The purpose of the meeting is to get straight to the point what our current priorities are, what people are working on, and what people can do to help others.
If you have a topic that you would like covered in the meeting, please post a reply here.
I will post a topic schedule for the meeting on here prior to the meeting at 2:45pm.
Please join us for the pre-meeting and be ready to start at 3pm. Any discussions that are time consuming and not urgent can wait until 3:30pm so that we don't get sidetracked to much.

UPDATE

PRE-MEETING:
Make sure everyone has seen this list.

MEETING TOPICS:

1) Cannacoin Miner promotion 30 Mh/s - logistics of distribution, utilization, IronJuggernaut, SubCreative, Greg, John
2) NWGT Apparel, Cannacoin banner, guerilla marketing - Jameson? Patrick?
3) Promotional template for dispensaries Patrick, Jameson, Josh, John
4) Updates from Subcreative and Phil on Cannapay
5) Discuss algorithms - We are now actively discussing switching algorithms and Proof-of-stake is on the table as a method of securing the network.

POST-MEETING TOPICS

1) Creating a new Cannacoin Logo, using existing logo as Mascot (Dave Dabsman?, Harry Hashworth?, Wayne Waxman?, etc)
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

https://github.com/AlienGit/electrum-cannacoin
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:06:26 PM

Any input is welcome and appreciated.  Cheers

http://www.reddit.com/r/cannacoin/comments/2c6zj4/proofofwork_or_proofofstake/
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

A lot has been discussed about proof-of-work versus proof-of-stake in regards to decentralization of a cryptocurrency. Both of these methods of transaction signing attempt to solve the unsolvable: fairness and decentralization.

On one hand, early miners of any proof-of-work coin are essentially rewarded with a lot more coins because of the low difficulty. In history of some coins, these people have sometimes been referred to as "insta-miners". A pre-mine is when a coin is already mined prior to being released. Any coin with a pre-mine is highly suspicious if not completely defunct from the get-go. With a lack of any shareholder oversight or board of directors with public voting power, any pre-mined coin is a potential scam despite the promises of an anonymous developer (which are clearly worth nothing).

In a proof-of-stake network, those who have more coins staked will receive more coins (it is proportional). Therefore, one is only shifting the idea of "fairness" from one group to another. From the early comers to the larger holders. Either system is rewarding investors for their investments. And both systems are fundamentally the same from an economic perspective: expending resources (time and money) in order to acquire other resources (coins). Whether you do this through mining or purchasing coins, is an irrelevant part of the economics picture.

Just because you cannot mine a pure proof-of-stake does not mean you can not exchange work for coins. You are just exchanging a different type of work - money and time that you buy Bitcoin with that you exchange for other coins.
The real fundamental flaw in proof-of-work consensus is the 51% attack. This is what Jed McCaleb designed Ripple for - solving the issue of network security and how to prevent double-spending.

Ripple and NXT are clear proof that other methods of consensus can accomplish the same goals as a proof-of-work network, because they move the work off the blockchain and into the real-world, where instead of exchanging electricity (money) for coins, you exchange money (money) for coins.

What are we doing here? We are changing the incentives and methods of transaction signing.

From an economics perspective, it doesn't matter if I pay you with 4 quarters, 1 dollar bill, 10 dimes, 150 pesos, as long as you accept them as payment, they are good currency. How those coins were acquired are of little interest to a merchant. He doesn't know if you stole that money, earned it through hard work, won the lotto, or inherited it.

He only cares that he received the financial compensation in exchange for his goods and services.

In the grand-scheme of things, we are seeing from Bitcoin, Ripple, NXT, FIAT currencies, Gold, etc is that currencies are not used because they are decentralized -- they are used because they serve as a medium of exchange.

If it was about decentralization, Bitcoin would have already lost, because the majority of the network is controlled by only a handful of massive mining operations.

What are some problems with investing through proof-of-work? It causes money to flow into wasting excessive amounts of energy. Money that could be spent investing in other areas of the network are instead invested in maintaining a ledger (blockchain) through wasting computing cycles on brute forcing SHA256 or Scrypt hashes.

Ripple, NXT, and other methods of consensus don't force people into putting work into a coin in order for the marketplace to work. Instead of expending resources on maintaining an inefficient network - resources are expended on building on top of a network. Using that electricity and money to build something - not just prove to the world that your network is 5% more decentralized than someone else's network.

Because at the end of the day, decentralization and fairness are completely subjective.
I could argue from every direction all day, but the bigger questions - what is the best approach to building a network and what offers people the easiest way to become a part of the network?

Do we really expect everyone to setup miners and ASICs in their basements? Or buy video cards? Are we not excluding the poor and those with the least amount of tech knowledge from participating?

Continuing with proof-of-work will continue to exclude non-tech people in participating in the network, and it certainly doesn't solve the decentralization problem either.

I applaud the idea of Bitcoin and the work of Satoshi Nakamoto, but there's only one coin that proof-of-work has really worked out for over the long-term and that is Bitcoin. The majority of others are just copy-cats with some extra gimmicks that add very little real-world utility.

So I ask to myself, what is the purpose of the Cannacoin network? How can the blockchain be used in other aspects of our lives other than currency? Why isn't participating in a decentralized network as simple as downloading and running a client (e.g.: p2p file-sharing, NXT staking)?

People are rewarded for running a bit torrent client because they get access to the network and all of it's resources.
There's no incentive at all to run a Cannacoin client. And even those who are mining will find they cannot actually recoup their investment because any selling would crash the price of the coin.

What happened to all of that work? I will tell you.

Nearly all of the proof-of-work that flows into Cannacoin and other altcoins is transferred right into Bitcoin.
Neither proof-of-work nor proof-of-stake solve the problem of fairness and decentralization.

At least proof-of-stake gives more people an opportunity to participate in the network and gives an incentive to running a client.
It also gives those of us with large quantities of Cannacoin the opportunity to gift those coins to Northwest Green Thumb so that even the least technical person has the opportunity to become a node on the network by simply running a client.

I currently hold 169,900 Cannacoins, and hope that one day we can move to a proof-of-stake network and that I can gift most of these coins to NWGT members so that we can further decentralize the network.

I would also like to work with SirPokeSmottington in setting up a Cannacoin Foundation and a Cannacoin Reserve that acts as a central fund for coin development and growing our political, social, and economic movement.

Coins staked from this fund would be completely transparent and given to NWGT members as rewards for community involvement. Through democratic means, all funds staked from these coins would be put to a public vote on NWGT.org.

Cheers, Patrick
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:06:37 AM

Excellent post Patrick.  Smiley This is exactly the reason the SolarCoin team is looking to move to PoS as well. Our massive pre-mine (coins to be granted to solar electricity producers over the next 40 years) still needs to be "decentralized and automated" and we envision utilizing something like Ethereum to achieve that end. But that is still a technology whose concept needs to be proven in the coming months. If we can ensure our network is more stable, those future challenges will be easier to tackle with one less problem to worry about now (i.e. PoW vs PoS).

It's exciting to be part of both of these communities as we try to figure out how to navigate in this brave new world.  Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:45:19 AM

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/20a1/index.htm
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

I'd like to share something with everyone here to understand my thought process on business, decision making, and taking action.

My experience with "community decision making" is a lack of the ability to take action, make decisions, and try new things for fear of "not achieving perfection". I always hear this from idealists: "Let's come up with something really cool before we make any changes or try something new." or you've probably had this experience with your spouse or roommates. You say, "Let's try moving the couch and TV over here, and the table over there, and switch things around to see if this works better" and you are met with "No I don't think that's a good idea, I like it this way, and there's no need to change it" This is why some retail stores always look the same, year after year, and some homes look the same, year after year, and some people are always the same, year after year. They are afraid to try something new for even a few days. And 10 minutes after you make the changes they say "I don't like it". Well of course they don't like it, because it wasn't their idea and they are afraid to let go of their incessant need to control. They are afraid of change, and this is one of the biggest causes of human suffering in the world - fear of change.

It is good to be critical and have discussions, but don't criticize or counter other's ideas without offering solutions otherwise you are essentially trying to control the way others think rather than trying to solve a problem through cooperation.
One of the greatest businessmen I ever worked for taught me some great lessons on how to be successful and here's some of what I took away from him.

First: Don't ever wait for others to try something new. Just do it. Try it for two weeks. Don't stand around and argue about small details. You often will never know if something works unless you try it. Many people do things the way they've been taught for years because they believe it's the best way. What is the worst thing that can happen by trying something? You can always try something else.
This is why it doesn't hurt to try something new. If it doesn't work out, at least you've learned something. If you never try new things, then you will never have that opportunity to learn.

Second: Don't take anything personal. Holding grudges and overinvesting emotionally in your own thoughts and ideas of how things should be usually leads to exhaustion. One becomes exhausted when they care too much and don't see reciprocation. It's not about you, and it's not about me.

Third: Don't ever be afraid to walk away. Sometimes walking away is the best way for things to sort themselves out. People often do not take action unless you give them space to take action. If you are constantly there try and solve all the problems then others cannot attempt to solve these problems.

Fourth: Cut your losses. If you find something is not worth your time and energy, and you've invested money into it and are afraid to go left or right, write off your losses and chalk it up as a lesson learned. The thousands of dollars I've lost on different ideas has provided me with much better learning experiences than the tens of thousands of dollars spent going to a University.
athur0s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:48:42 PM

Hi

Found this on IRC:

16:37.27       +luk3r: it looks like the block explorer hasn't any connection atm
16:41.27       +luk3r: This nodes should working if someone else has connection problems:
16:41.27       +luk3r: addnode=24.16.78.159
16:41.29       +luk3r: addnode=50.158.107.202
16:41.31       +luk3r: addnode=62.210.139.65
16:41.33       +luk3r: addnode=162.209.109.81
16:41.35       +luk3r: addnode=107.170.182.65
16:41.37       +luk3r: addnode=76.121.19.166
16:41.39       +luk3r: addnode=46.40.84.32
16:41.41       +luk3r: addnode=71.227.209.64

I had the same problem on my linux wallet.

Athuros
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 07:43:03 PM

Should be all good now, we had a server restart and our instance of cannacoin wasn't started at boot so we've changed that.  Sorry about the hiccup.

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

There's a lot of confusion and misunderstandings regarding Cannacoin.

We will be adding Cannacoin to the forum as a means for tipping other users. Right now, if someone gives some great advice, there's no way to compensate them other than saying, thank you.

We want to encourage really good content and create an incentive for people to be good community members. One way to do this, is to have a Cannacoin wallet integrated with the website. You will be able to tip other users with Cannacoin.

Why use the blockchain technology for this? For starters, it offers a completely decentralized, transparent, and community driven ledger. All transactions and information is transparent via the blockchain explorer.

With the decentralized blockchain, we don't have to build a ledger and a server to host transactions and security. The technology is cryptographically secure.

All we are doing, is essentially adding a micro-payment ecosystem on top of NWGT.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is not a democratic decision. This is the vision of the operators of NWGT. If you believe in Jameson and JP, you will support them in their vision of creating a truly unique social, economic, and political organization under the NWGT name.

Cheers,
Patrick

http://www.nwgt.org/showthread.php?21041-The-purpose-of-Cannacoin-on-NWGT
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

Tough crowd over there...  Shocked

I think the tipping idea is brilliant!

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
jingoba

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:59:43 PM

Yeah the folks at nwgt are experts at growing cannabis and that requires slow incremental changes in growing inputs, it goes against their grain to jump to quick into something new. But, we are comming around and more are doing their own research.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:46:00 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 06:48:55 AM by tokyopotato

Yeah the folks at nwgt are experts at growing cannabis and that requires slow incremental changes in growing inputs, it goes against their grain to jump to quick into something new. But, we are comming around and more are doing their own research.

There are many people engaged in trolling there... trying to pick fights and create drama.  They want to blame Cannacoin, Peezor, Jameson, for the collapse of the community on NWGT but in reality it is these people who are destroying it with their negative attitudes towards pretty much anything that they don't agree with.

That being said, there's so many wonderful people on NWGT I think that this turbulence is only temporary and if anything, NWGT is really just going through some long-term growing pains regarding it's direction. 

Anyone who followed the BBQ drama knows that there's a lot of talk sometimes but not always a lot of action.  We are trying to invigorate the community even if there's some initial resistance to it.
jingoba

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:32:03 AM

Group Dynamics= storming, forming and working. How the storm leads to forming is everything. Concessions given to mostly positive leader or a couple of leaders could set this right. Maybe the tipbot could be a like button while the group forms up around positive leaders. These leaders should be neutral or slightly negative to be accepted by the widest number of green tbumbers.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 03:22:13 AM

I love the tipping idea.  It's done wonders for other coins like doge.  Copy the best and if possible improve on it and you'll have a winner.

Good luck!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:37:05 AM

This was just posted at NWGT by the canna scam crew from here.

My personal decisions and the decisions of NWGT's strategy are not decided by a majority vote, sorry if you had a different impression. While I understand not everyone may agree with the the directions we take It is simply not up to you. We ask for community input to make our implementations more meaningful and useful to those who actually care about them. If you want your input to affect the changes we're making you have the opportunity to do so otherwise like I said before, If you don't like it... don't participate. If it causes us to lose some members I'm sorry but you can't win them all brother.

I can't respond there because you have banned me from the site.  But I can answer you right here and now so that your friends here know what a thieving tool you are.

The members of NWGT created the community NOT YOU.  You had NOTHING to even do with it's creation as you were out mixing music while the real patients helped other people and learned how to grow their own medicine.

You only THINK you own the community but you're about to find other otherwise.   You say that "It's simply not up to us"  but I assure you that it really is.   Those of us who actually created the community will remove it from your control if we seem fit.  It's not a matter of leaving if we don't like it.  We're not going to allow you to take it from us.  We paid for it. we built it and we created it with our content and we will not allow you to usurp it from us. 

You say "you're sorry if we lose a few members" that is NOT an option.  We will run you out of town on a rail if you think you'll force us out of our community.

We have already began a full attack on the cannascam thieves and as other cannaminers join we'll make them absolutely sure they're in the wrong place.

You have made a very bad mistake thinking you can ram this canncoin down our throats, you're about to find out just how big a mistake you have made.

You have managed to shut me up and out on my own home forum but you can not stop me from speaking the truth here and folks from there are following the links back here to read the truth that you guys have worked so hard to hide over there.

Stay tuned folks and come on back.

Over time I will detail the thievery and lies of the cannascam twins who created cannacoin and stole from medical patients in Washington state.

You can't bann the truth here boys.

. Cool

Why don't you just spell out your threats on here for everyone to see?  What's your real name by the way?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:50:39 AM

Why don't you just spell out your threats on here for everyone to see?  What's your real name by the way?

O gee, sorry Patrick, you and I have never been formally introduced, maybe you've heard of me, My Names Demosthenes..you might have read me as Mr Lahey at the thumb until yesterday.

I'm not threatening you dude, I'm promising you that you bit off more than you can chew on this scam.

You have no idea of the thieves you have partnered up with but you'll find out the hard way like so many others.

You have rated consideration in my book for the same threat you made above in regards to taking over the thumb, it's not going to happen Gus.

I guarantee it

Yes, I've heard you have a personal vendetta Jameson and Peezor.  I don't know anything about this to be honest.  If you want to spell out to me your story, but please do not lump me in as a criminal or a scammer.  I've been working on blockchain technology for 2 years and I am really just a computer nerd with a passion for Cannabis.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: