Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849668 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:48:28 AM

Strange. The last few posts seem to not understand the difference between ASIC and mulitpool at all.

Scrappy Do:
Nobody has made a single comment about excluding ASICs (that I remember) in the last several pages. In fact we've been supportive of ASICs. Then again, if you want to see 80+% of the algo you bought ASICs for go to multipools and be satisfied with less than 20% to split with other ASIC miners, have at it. My guess is your 1GH will be wasted on MYR as the multipools raid the blocks at low diff.

Zer0Sum:
Go back and read the posts. Nobody here is blaming the current price of MYR on multipools or ASICs. We all know the market's soft. This has been going on for months. Try actually reading the posts that describe the problem.

foodies:
Are you bipolar? First it's not an issue. Then maybe it's an issue. Then we know about it and are working on it. Then it's not an issue again because ASIC EVERYBODY INCLUDE. WTF dude? Nobody here had any intentions of excluding anybody in Scrappy's shoes. Preach full acceptance? Yeah, when multipool's incorporate algo switching and are generating 80% of all blocks on all algos, where will your acceptance level be then? We are trying to point out that if you don't look at this, YOU WILL CAUSE THIS COIN TO EXCLUDE EVERYONE BUT MINE 'N DUMP POOLS.

As someone once told me, sorry for the all caps, but I just feel like you're not getting the point.

Skein, Myr-Groestl, and Qubit are way more obscure than you think. There's no point for them to add switching just for these algos. They would not be getting any "bang for their buck", as I think only 1 other coin strictly uses Skein (Skeincoin), 1 other coin uses Myr-Groestl (QuebecCoin I think), and Qubit is used in all the X11 algorithms but I don't even know any coins using strictly Qubit? There's no incentive for a damn long time for multipools to add Myr's other 3 algos to their platforms-which may be even MORE of a reason not to switch to popular algorithms?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leejjae

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:12:41 AM

Who is sell coin so cheap?

This coin will die, so a lot of people are selling it at a very low price!
 Smiley Smiley
leejjae

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

Nice looking rebound for MYR this morning.

The market is moving towards a good in terms of development, now we can look forward to the bright future!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:47:44 AM

Bounty Alert: - "NoobMiner" - A 2-Click Wallet/Miner Application for Windows that sets the precedent for lowest barrier of entry to mining and profiting for the non-technical person, EVER.

Bounty Address - MBqDZcwyoNAFenjjsPAZesKio8TXKUbYoD - I personally am donating 100,000 MYR to this project.

Details (taken from my original post on /r/myriadcoin)

This won't be easy - but nothing is impossible.

I'm not a coder but I'll outline the concept here and what I think it will need.

"NoobMiner" is just a temp placeholder for the name. Think "2-Click Installer" that lowers the barrier to entry of MINING Myriad to non-crypto people. If Myriad really is a coin for everyone, then we should push the envelope and create the easiest miner to date.

"NoobMiner" would also build upon community efforts to date - Electrum Wallet, MyriadSwitcher, and Community-Submitted Mining Benchmarks - exemplifying how contributions today can lead to myriad developments in the future.

The uber TL;DR version:
1) Install magic money-making software
2) ? ? ?
3) Profit!

How "NoobMiner" Works from User End:

1) Download "NoobMiner".
2) Install "NoobMiner" (first "Click").
3) Press "Start Mining" (second "Click").
4) Receive Myriad directly into wallet.
5) Profit!

SIMPLE.

What "NoobMiner" Will Need from Coder's End

Main Requirements:

A) Create a single GUI desktop app that combines Wallet+Miner
B) Create and host p2pools for the 4 GPU algos (Scrypt/Skein/Myr-Groestl/Qubit)
Note: A lamer/less simpler version would have standalone wallet and miner clients, but this is not as simple/easy for the user.

The Coder Walkthrough as I See It:

1a) Wallet is set up like normal (Electrum wallet fork would be ideal since it's faster which = easier).
1b) Generate pubkey and pass it to the miner client.
2) Miner portion needs the most work. Behind the scenes it should do all these things:
2a) Install latest versions of all 4 GPU miners - Scrypt/Skein/Qubit/Myr-Groestl
2b) Detect user's video card model.
2c) Download any necessary drivers from the internet (automatically of course).
2d) Install dazz's MyriadSwitcher that automatically switches to the most profitable MYR algo for the user.
2e) Automatically load optimized mining configuration for each GPU algo based on user's video card (you can reference our Mining Hardware Benchmarks, for example).
2f) Load the p2pool information for each algo using the generated wallet's pubkey.
2g) Present the user with a 1-Click "EZ Mine" button after NoobMiner opens that automatically keeps them mining the most profitable algorithm without them having to think about how anything works under the hood.
2h) You can also give them the option to edit/tweak mining information as they learn more about it and understand things better.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:06:07 AM

Strange. The last few posts seem to not understand the difference between ASIC and mulitpool at all.

Scrappy Do:
Nobody has made a single comment about excluding ASICs (that I remember) in the last several pages. In fact we've been supportive of ASICs. Then again, if you want to see 80+% of the algo you bought ASICs for go to multipools and be satisfied with less than 20% to split with other ASIC miners, have at it. My guess is your 1GH will be wasted on MYR as the multipools raid the blocks at low diff.

Zer0Sum:
Go back and read the posts. Nobody here is blaming the current price of MYR on multipools or ASICs. We all know the market's soft. This has been going on for months. Try actually reading the posts that describe the problem.

foodies:
Are you bipolar? First it's not an issue. Then maybe it's an issue. Then we know about it and are working on it. Then it's not an issue again because ASIC EVERYBODY INCLUDE. WTF dude? Nobody here had any intentions of excluding anybody in Scrappy's shoes. Preach full acceptance? Yeah, when multipool's incorporate algo switching and are generating 80% of all blocks on all algos, where will your acceptance level be then? We are trying to point out that if you don't look at this, YOU WILL CAUSE THIS COIN TO EXCLUDE EVERYONE BUT MINE 'N DUMP POOLS.

As someone once told me, sorry for the all caps, but I just feel like you're not getting the point.

Skein, Myr-Groestl, and Qubit are way more obscure than you think. There's no point for them to add switching just for these algos. They would not be getting any "bang for their buck", as I think only 1 other coin strictly uses Skein (Skeincoin), 1 other coin uses Myr-Groestl (QuebecCoin I think), and Qubit is used in all the X11 algorithms but I don't even know any coins using strictly Qubit? There's no incentive for a damn long time for multipools to add Myr's other 3 algos to their platforms-which may be even MORE of a reason not to switch to popular algorithms?

neuro its the general point being made that needs to be taken seriously.
There is no predicting specifics here.
The example provided is a possible outcome.. you must see the line between now and tomorrow.
right now we are getting hit hard by MPs.. the one best exemplifying this point is CEX.IO. Do you think they will stop or Slow down their pace toward higher profits at the expense of those who have no foresight to plan ahead?
Look at the damage already being caused.

Do you think it will get any better or continue faster and faster?

How anyone look at the blockchain and say that something like this is going to stop once a higher hashrate is obtained?
CEX.IO regularly obtains 40%+ SHA256 hashrate in the bitcoin space. What is stopping them from the equivalent to litecoin?
Do you really think it is not within the realm of possibility they may redirect a significant portion of hashingpower to a future multipool?

We have a multi-algo profit switcher. what is stopping them from making a GPU friendly version of a multi-algo-multi-coin pool?

Look again. Look all around you.

There are those in the past who said comercial flight was not possible, impossible most households will soon have personal computers in them.

Look again.. take some time and consider: what if we are right.
You must understand this.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
iamphoenix

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:06:56 AM

Scrappy Do:

Zer0Sum:

foodies:

You seem to be missing the point that this is only happening due to myr scrypt diff being insanely low and scrappy's point was that if he pointed all his 1GH at scrypt he'd get an effect similar to the multipools thus he may be hit with the same protection. I said we're thinking about the issue but as I also said it's quite easy to come up with some kind of protection for when diff is low but it's very likely that it will come around and bite us later on with diff is higher (see scrapy's scenario). I'm feeling you're a tad more agressive about this than you should be tho ... tone it down a little, if I thought the current situation is ok I'd have said buzz off I don't care about multipools but I do as they're very harmfull, but we'll need to brainstorm this quite a bit to come up with a way to protect ourselves without injuring some users and without repercusions in the future.

I can not be more serious when I say sleep on it and re-read the last several pages.

Myriadplatform.org
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:50:09 AM

Scrappy Do:

Zer0Sum:

foodies:

neuro its the general point being made that needs to be taken seriously.
There is no predicting specifics here.
The example provided is a possible outcome.. you must see the line between now and tomorrow.
right now we are getting hit hard by MPs.. the one best exemplifying this point is CEX.IO. Do you think they will stop or Slow down their pace toward higher profits at the expense of those who have no foresight to plan ahead?
Look at the damage already being caused.

Do you think it will get any better or continue faster and faster?

How anyone look at the blockchain and say that something like this is going to stop once a higher hashrate is obtained?
CEX.IO regularly obtains 40%+ SHA256 hashrate in the bitcoin space. What is stopping them from the equivalent to litecoin?
Do you really think it is not within the realm of possibility they may redirect a significant portion of hashingpower to a future multipool?

We have a multi-algo profit switcher. what is stopping them from making a GPU friendly version of a multi-algo-multi-coin pool?

Look again. Look all around you.

There are those in the past who said comercial flight was not possible, impossible most households will soon have personal computers in them.

Look again.. take some time and consider: what if we are right.
You must understand this.

Energy spent trying to patch the fast multipool blocks when the Scrypt nethash is as low as it's gonna get is starting to look more and more like energy wasted in my opinion, but I am still not a fan of Scrypt slowly outpacing other algos w/ solved blocks.

BTW, how many GH/s does CEX.IO put on Myriad?

Other advice: While the hashrate of Scrypt is low I recommend ALL begrudged Scrypt miners to place low bids for MYR on Mintpal/Cryptsy/Poloniex and buy the coins that the multipool "stole from you" but then dumped onto an exchange. Let them do the work while we are growing and you may get more MYR this way per day than mining!

neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:52:31 AM

Updated pool list, including DEAD? and Low/Zero Hashrates tags. Please join pools with low/zero hashrates for a healthier mining environment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/26kwbm/official_list_of_myriad_pools/

neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:21:28 AM

Look what came today:

neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:31:15 AM

Get Myriad on CoinPayments.net [Giveaway included!]

CoinPayments.net is a major altcoin payment processor that provides a grand leap forward in merchant adoption.

Contest Thread on Reddit

Details (as of May 29)

Voting ends May 31st (2 days left)
Each vote costs 0.001 BTC (~200 MYR @ 0.00000500 MYR/BTC)
Vote here: https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
Voting Results: https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-results
Myriad's position: 5th [64 votes]
Leading coin: UltraCoin [100 votes]
To get first place: 36 votes

maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:39:04 AM

Cut ties with Bryce Weiner or this will end up really bad.

I know nothing about Bryce, or his plans.

What I do know is he pumped this coin with grandiose plans and pre-announcement about announcements and then disappeared. Hell, I've seen scam coins announced here with more upfront information. If he's just spitballing ideas, great. Tell us. If he really is working on this other stuff, great. Again, tell us.

Until he's a little more forthcoming, there is no reason to give any weight to his meanderings. I really hope colored coins take off on MYR, but that doesn't need Bryce. It needs someone with a motivation and a drive to create and release.
They should definitly cut ties with him, he talks a lot and talks big but actually does nothing much.
I followed his twitter for months and this guy just spam a lot : i don't believe he can seriously work on anything while twiting that much

Also he looks like someone "not serious" and apparence does count

He was heavily discredited after his involvement in the Zeta pump/fraud. You just listen to him here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX_OSq4v0M just one month ago talking about Zeta and you realize what a fat bag of crap he is.
iamphoenix

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:53:21 AM

It is futile for me to continue when my words fall upon deaf ears.
My simple request remains here in the forum. Whether I will now seems to be irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Myriadplatform.org
neuroMode

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:47:07 AM

It is futile for me to continue when my words fall upon deaf ears.
My simple request remains here in the forum. Whether I will now seems to be irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Can you state for me concisely in a sentence the general point that you are trying to make? Things have gone all over the place the last few pages.

Is your point: Multipools will continue to kill the exchange rate value of Myriadcoin and ruin mining for Scrypt while working towards ruining mining for Skein, Myr-Groestl, and Qubit?

novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:27:41 AM

I think that the script is slowly but surely killing the coin, or rather kill her Asics.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:32:08 AM

I think that the script is slowly but surely killing the coin, or rather kill her Asics.

how
kdfspam

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:54:48 AM

Huh

maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:03:34 PM

Huh

What is killing the coin is other coins pulling all old tricks from the book - decreasing coin supply, going pos, switching algos etc. etc. while MYR is not doing anything to garner heavy investor interest. Why should I invest in MYR if only 14% of all coins have been mined and miners dump a ton each single day? This is a fast paced game now, it's not like the old times when you could afford 2 years to develop. You need to ride the wave and stay on top of it or 50 other coins will take your place and you will soon be forgotten for good.
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:05:59 PM

how

Conventional interest miners without Asik plummeting, the most obvious example - Litecoin cost.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:08:34 PM

I know for a fact that 8bitcoder is developing one other coin as we speak (had a failed launch recently), and is involved in several different coins.

What needs to be done here is change the dev team. NOW.
Watchy312

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:13:46 PM

Cut ties with Bryce Weiner or this will end up really bad.

I know nothing about Bryce, or his plans.

What I do know is he pumped this coin with grandiose plans and pre-announcement about announcements and then disappeared. Hell, I've seen scam coins announced here with more upfront information. If he's just spitballing ideas, great. Tell us. If he really is working on this other stuff, great. Again, tell us.

Until he's a little more forthcoming, there is no reason to give any weight to his meanderings. I really hope colored coins take off on MYR, but that doesn't need Bryce. It needs someone with a motivation and a drive to create and release.
They should definitly cut ties with him, he talks a lot and talks big but actually does nothing much.
I followed his twitter for months and this guy just spam a lot : i don't believe he can seriously work on anything while twiting that much

Also he looks like someone "not serious" and apparence does count

Bryce does not work directly with anyone on the Myriad team. There is no "ties" to Bryce beyond us recognizing he has announced a major project involving MYR. He is putting his credibility on the line and he is not hiding his identify at all. I have actually reached out to him and talked with him, and surprise surprise, they were good discussions and we both share a lot of common beliefs about cryptocurrencies.

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized: ANYBODY is free to do whatever they damned please with any coin.

Why. All. The. Hate?!
He annonced it like a major project and so did the MYR team, while right now there is nothing except his big mouth.
You both pumped (and dumped) MYR with "thin air", this, has been your ties with him.

I'm not hating him or you or anyone in MYR team, i'm just not approving such obvious scam type behavior.
Whatever he pretends to be, Bryce pump&dumped several cryptos and i wouldn't be surprised if he profited much from it at the expense of a lot of naive people.
I admit he is interesting to follow on twitter, if you intend to know what is latest pump (and dump)...that's about it.

I believe MYR is a very good concept and that you all doing a good work except this thing with Bryce, so i hope things will go smoothly without him involved...
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: