Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you invest in ICO in bear market?  (Read 17498 times)
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:22:24 PM

Yes, in any case, I invest in ICO, as it is a great option to earn regardless of the situation in the crypto-currency market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:52:29 PM

Yes, in any case, I invest in ICO, as it is a great option to earn regardless of the situation in the crypto-currency market.

Regardless of the situation? You must be a huge risktaker. ICOs they say are the riskiest ventures as over 90% of them fail. The most vulnerable state for any ICO project is in the bear market, and for your portfolio, it won't be nice to sacrifice any legit project for an ICO that'll most likely fail except you are sure there's an assurance it won't. I basically look out for projects with safety nets, like those who have achieved soft caps. Examples are Modern Finance Chain and Datablockchain, and a host of others. A few bucks in them shouldn't hurt so much.
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 07:55:28 PM

I dont think i can but rather i will wait for the listing on exchange because it will be cheaper. Buy more on exchange. But the problem is most icos this period are currently postponing their exchange listing probably because of the bearish market.

I think it's illogical to postpone listing. If you've raised your required sum, go ahead and least... And with a buy back program you can gain more tokens.
To date, a lot of projects are doing the wrong things, because after the end of the ico the company is delayed to enter the stock exchange for trading. If the project really has prospects, then each holder is only interested in increasing the price, and therefore will not sell coins immediately after entering the other platform.

It's one thing to believe in a project. It's another to trust the project to deliver on the said promises. So most investors tread carefully in investing in any project. IMHO, trading should be a way to expose the project to more prospective investors. But sadly it's only a medium for people to dump their cheaply gotten tokens.
if the team is not working well on their project and people do not see real prospects in the future, then coins will be sold immediately after the end of the company's ico. It is not for nothing that this is accused of virtually all Bounty Hunters companies.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:40:17 PM

i wouldn't invest in any ico now. that's way too risky. and if you invest it has to be a really very very good ico. and the team has to be perfect and the project excellent. but such an ico is very very rare today. i wish you much luck and hope you find the right star
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:49:55 PM

The hardest time to invest is in a bear market. You end up purchasing little amount of tokens for more ETH or BTC. But it's also a good time for projects to collect good sums of money during their crowdfunding, as ETH or BTC goes up, so does the value of the funds raised.

The question now is, will you invest in ICOs, or stick with investing in market dips (buy low, hodl and wait to go up and sell), or simply trade in bear markets?
Investing in ICOs during bear market is more risky compared investing on tokens that are already listed and on downtrend beacuse at this case, those that are already listed will give you an assumption whether it will have an increase or not. Unlike on ICO investment wherein it will be a pure guess becausre as we can see at this moment, most of the ICO tokens are having below ICO price.
georgemamat

Activity: 476
Merit: 75

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:16:57 PM

ICO can not make much investments during the season when the downward trend is. I think that these things can go better in the future. Now is the time to invest in beautiful projects.
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:45:48 PM

I think it is not advisable because as we can see, most of the tokens' market value are falling below ICO price upon being listed on different exchangers. Making such action is risky at this moment. If you are into investment, wait for that particular token to be listed on the market and invest if you really do think that it is a promising project.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:18:38 PM

Unlike the market being bullish or bearish, ico's were always associated with risk. One who has the mentality to risk can profit investing on ico's. In recent days majority of the ico's were found low in value which is just because of the ongoing market situation.

drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:49:55 PM

In the bear market, investing in ICOs is not a good idea as ICO projects are not interested in issuing Token at that time because they fear the exchange rate will fall due to the impact of the downtrend of the cryptocurrency market. Therefore, when the bear market is investing in altcoins or BTC, it will be more appropriate to invest in ICO projects from my opinion.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:53:53 PM

I think it is not advisable because as we can see, most of the tokens' market value are falling below ICO price upon being listed on different exchangers. Making such action is risky at this moment. If you are into investment, wait for that particular token to be listed on the market and invest if you really do think that it is a promising project.
We are promoting crypto and helping ICO to be successful, but not the way to make losses for investors who are investing ghost projects.  It is better to do research and invest only from the legit one,  you may become profitable even market is still in dip. 
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:10:45 AM

We are promoting crypto and helping ICO to be successful, but not the way to make losses for investors who are investing ghost projects.  It is better to do research and invest only from the legit one,  you may become profitable even market is still in dip.  
well before investing we have to do research to be able to get the benefits that we will get. as we know for research first,this is very important to avoid ico that deceives or does not have a concept in the future
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:38:23 AM

Unlike the market being bullish or bearish, ico's were always associated with risk. One who has the mentality to risk can profit investing on ico's. In recent days majority of the ico's were found low in value which is just because of the ongoing market situation.
Not only of the bearish market condition but also of scam projects which affecting investors trust and confidence in participating ICO sales. I've doubtedly that ICO ratings will rise if it's value always going down which causes of losing. And such high risk is definitely very challenging and those have spirit will only survive.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:58:57 PM

Bearish market force to make ICO researches deeper and smarter. And more carefully decide which part of own fund I can to invest. In sum it forces to spent more time. But interesting ICOs exist in this market also

shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

Some guys find it out that investing in ICOs is the best strategy for the man who wants to save his money. The price of Ethereum and Bitcoin does not matter here. Invest in the good project this crypto, and get your profit soon.
tuncaysanli395

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:02:59 PM

In complex transactions for purchases of goods, for example, buyers issue purchase orders, shippers issue packing lists, sellers submit invoices, and banks release funds, all of which are wrapped up in agreements, contract terms, and numbering schemes that enforce tracking, delivery, and payment. The use of a blockchain for these activities would dramatically accelerate the process by cutting out the intermediaries that currently are needed to validate documents and release products and funds. It would create a clear audit trail of timestamped documentation blocks that could be accessible to taxation and other authorities in real time, increasing transparency, and reducing the administrative burden on the parties involved. Mitigated risk of fraud and disputes Companies incur significant overheads assuring trust with counterparties and reducing the costs of eventual misunderstandings, disputes, and fraud. This includes writing and tracking all the contracts, compliance, reporting and monitoring, internally and in respect of service providers, along with all the associated paperwork. If the paperwork and the identity of participants, locations, asset type, and value were referenced and added to the blockchain, any dispute that arise could be dealt with by participants simply referencing this single ledger, rather than having to reconcile disparate databases and contracts. Leading use cases of blockchain and potential applications for oil and gas companies The oil and gas industry presents a particularly compelling opportunity to leverage blockchain technologies due to the high transactional values (and therefore risks) and economic pressures to reduce costs. A secure system that mitigates risk , increases transparency, provides an audit trail, and speeds up transactions at a significantly reduced cost may be appealing to oil and gas companies. Taking some of the main applications of blockchain, we will now explore how these could be applied to the oil and gas sector.

PermianChain tokenizes Oil to support Permian Token (XPR) related assets and operations. PermianChain will be used by upstream companies to fund their oil campaigns and by midstream companies to secure proven reserves via blockchain. XPR enables digital transfer of underlying assets value in the form of digitized value of oil. Thus, allowing the utilization of XPR's substantial physical & proven reserves as a means to facilitate commercial and consumer transactions around the world. As a reserve-based digital currency, XPR will become a critical instrument for preservation of wealth and an ever-expanding range of commercial and consumer activities using blockchain for digitized store of value. We now have a chance to breakout from the traditional way we have done things in the oilfield and redesign the model for the future. This is a direct equity offering and may only be provided to Professional Clients as defined in Section 2.4 of of the ADGM Conduct of Business (COBS) Module.
Pajdo

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:23:52 PM

You can always invest in ICO during bear market.
Especially if You want to lose 80% first week.
 Grin
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:34:44 PM

if the project is good then go for it. its your opportunity as the altcoins that will be use to buy on that ico is low value..

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:20:42 PM

I have not invested in ICO for a long time since prices have dropped, I prefer to invest in coins such as bitcoin and ethereum. but actually if we have a good analysis of the ICO, the bear market is not a problem for us to invest in the ICO.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 12:00:41 AM

I have not invested in ICO for a long time since prices have dropped, I prefer to invest in coins such as bitcoin and ethereum. but actually if we have a good analysis of the ICO, the bear market is not a problem for us to invest in the ICO.
Good projects are waiting for better conditions, and the loss of trust in recent ICOs is the reason why we are away. There are many problems with new projects. The first problem is the softcap, as second, prices fall after listing the price goes down many times, also most of them are scammer.
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:09:53 AM

As you can see, we were in a down market for more than a year technically and in the high season, it was risky because the ICO market was already saturated, investing in ICO at that time is worse than gambling and there is no exception to the project! Numerous ICOs can not deliver on basic things and these projects are blamed for ETH's price drop. I'm not against ICOs, but I think it takes a deep reflection in that market urgently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: