Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you invest in ICO in bear market?  (Read 17498 times)
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:11:59 AM

The hardest time to invest is in a bear market. You end up purchasing little amount of tokens for more ETH or BTC. But it's also a good time for projects to collect good sums of money during their crowdfunding, as ETH or BTC goes up, so does the value of the funds raised.

The question now is, will you invest in ICOs, or stick with investing in market dips (buy low, hodl and wait to go up and sell), or simply trade in bear markets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:16:24 AM

We do have our way of preferences on when to invest.

I'd rather stick to invest during the market dips and only buy those coins at the cheaper price and hold it for few months. While I'm holding those coins, as normal practice will do some trades to.

But investing to ICOs at the moment? no.

Signature for rent
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

The hardest time to invest is in a bear market. You end up purchasing little amount of tokens for more ETH or BTC. But it's also a good time for projects to collect good sums of money during their crowdfunding, as ETH or BTC goes up, so does the value of the funds raised.

The question now is, will you invest in ICOs, or stick with investing in market dips (buy low, hodl and wait to go up and sell), or simply trade in bear markets?
Just spent a little bit to invest in the promising ico and i should give a marker about the word of promising ico. Put the rest to invest in the market dips. Top trade in the bear market is too risky for me and i only sold them all when the price has reached the peak and then try to be a patience person and waiting for another dip and just try to create my entry at the low price.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:36:51 AM

Its good time since most of the people would be afraid investing, hence you have the chance to getting the most of the supply and be able to control the market when its get listed on exchanges.
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:39:15 AM

according to the theory now is the time to buy at low prices. But it is very difficult to choose what to invest in. Lots of garbage in the market. There is no confidence that the token will survive and give at least x2.
moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:51:17 AM

It's the best time to invest as you can get many token as the price of ETH is still lower due to bearish market and you should research first on what ICO you want to invest as we had many good ICO but ended with no good results. Although we have different preference in making our investment but this bearish trend has given the cryptomarket a hard time. Buy low at dip and sell high is still the best strategy.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
morgan4140

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:02:19 AM

I always invest in ICO if I like the project. Recently, I noticed a trend of decline in the price of the token after the exchange, but this is due to the quality of the project and not the market.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:09:11 AM

From December 2017 to February 2018, I attended a number of ICOs and until now the prices have dropped greatly.
So in my opinion the right time to join the ICO is now!
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:18:43 AM

It depends on the price, the caps, whether the project looks like a scam...
I'd wait but that's me. Too many icos have failed recently.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
Midesiz

Activity: 378
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:19:44 AM

The answer is no, because even a nice project can go down in bear market.
But if you  invest in long term , you can earn money.
If I were you, instead of buying token, I join bounty campaign or airdrop. Because it is free money.

dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:26:13 AM

If you see ICO it is good in the future and long term. You can invest at this time. And if you only invest in an ICO to make a profit after the end of the ICO. Well, it is not recommended, as prices will certainly drop a lot compared to the ICO in the current market
OnnoTunes

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:33:07 AM

I don't invest in ICOs in bear market. Also buying altcoins when it's bear market is too risky, no mather how low is the price, it can go more lower anytime.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:44:38 AM

a bear market doesn't technically affect something random like an ICO. but what affects them is the fact that they all have lost their attractiveness and people are no longer investing in any of these ICOs because majority of them have already been burned enough times to now be more cautious and stay away from ICOs for the most part. you can clearly see it in their recent history.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:49:25 AM

Like most of the speakers here: NO. It is enough to do a research, look at the tokens and coins Recently Added on CMC. This is not the best time.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Boooogieeee

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:56:38 AM

The only problem how to pick up the right ICO.
I would recommend to take a look at those one which are almost at the finish and almost reached the hard cap like Ubex
In such projects that are almost at exchnages - it has a sense of investing even on such a bearish market
Wabri

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:58:41 AM

Like most of the speakers here: NO. It is enough to do a research, look at the tokens and coins Recently Added on CMC. This is not the best time.

The latest ICos have seen a price under the first token price, but this does not mean that every coin in a bear market will hit under the ICO price. In my opinion are there enough good projects who will give a good ROI.
nofork_man

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:59:10 AM

The only problem how to pick up the right ICO.
I would recommend to take a look at those one which are almost at the finish and almost reached the hard cap like Ubex
In such projects that are almost at exchnages - it has a sense of investing even on such a bearish market
Ubex is great project with 4000 contributors as far as I know BUT not invest in any ICO on such weak market! Price most likely will go down
hermes006

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:07:01 AM

I think that in a good ICO project you can invest in any period, it will in any case bring profit. Just in the market bulls need to get a profit at a quick time and on a bear in the long-term storage.
longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:10:36 AM

This stage really earn good profit from ICO really very difficult. I think the ICO in recent months is experiencing a lot of problems and investors are feeling depressed at the current situation. If you choose to invest in ICO it is best to choose the uptrend period as this is the time when the market develops best.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 11:25:39 AM

I think the bearish or bullish market only make small impact in ICO investment, no matter how the market condition when we invest, if the project is going well, we will still get the profit. Because most of the ico price is based on USD rate, so the different is not really big.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: