Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:19:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499702 times)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:51:46 PM

COIN2 DEPOSIT TO EXCHANGES STARTS NOW

Ok here is transparency for you guys

Mintpal    31,146,142.69841092
BTER      23,847,627.8478
Poloniex     2,366,428.61322783
C-Cex            6,013.758472
Bittrex      1,006,590.20254400

Total: 58,372,803.12045475

Those are the totals on the exchanges after the attack, xnigma and comkort have not responded
yet. So since bittrex is still open, were going to ask them to freeze everything for the moment, if you
guys want to you can go ahead and send your coins to either nxt-e or bittrex, both need exposure
to our community and will help us be kept in both places. The reason for deposits is to avoid wallet
screenshot scams and get an estimated total of what is still left out of the exchanges in wallets.
Failure to do this will result in lost coins.  

I cannot make this any clearer:
1) Only deposit if your coins are in a personal wallet
2) Do not try to move your coins from one exchange to another
3) Do not try to withdraw your coins after you deposit to an exchange.
4) Lets try and make this swap go as smoothly as possible.
5) You have til the end of the week.

Deposit to either of these exchanges
                         Don't be biased and only go to bittrex.
                         Once your coins are in, their there til
                         conversion. Thanks.

To push it up !!!

whats going on I have tried to keep up to date with this at first I thought it was related to the time we already did this, is this another thing we have to do or do we just keep our coins in our wallet.

I do not want to open up another account on another exchange I still have my original stake which was even updated when we moved to coin 2.0

Grin
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:04:54 PM

Ok here is transparency for you guys

Mintpal    31,146,142.69841092
BTER      23,847,627.8478
Poloniex     2,366,428.61322783
C-Cex            6,013.758472
Bittrex      1,006,590.20254400

Total: 58,372,803.12045475

Those are the totals on the exchanges after the attack, xnigma and comkort have not responded
yet. So since bittrex is still open, were going to ask them to freeze everything for the moment, if you
guys want to you can go ahead and send your coins to either nxt-e or bittrex, both need exposure
to our community and will help us be kept in both places. The reason for deposits is to avoid wallet
screenshot scams and get an estimated total of what is still left out of the exchanges in wallets.
Failure to do this will result in lost coins.  

I cannot make this any clearer:
1) Only deposit if your coins are in a personal wallet
2) Do not try to move your coins from one exchange to another
3) Do not try to withdraw your coins after you deposit to an exchange.
4) Lets try and make this swap go as smoothly as possible.
5) You have til the end of the week.

Deposit to either of these exchanges
                         Don't be biased and only go to bittrex.
                         Once your coins are in, their there til
                         conversion. Thanks.

To push it up !!!

whats going on I have tried to keep up to date with this at first I thought it was related to the time we already did this, is this another thing we have to do or do we just keep our coins in our wallet.

I do not want to open up another account on another exchange I still have my original stake which was even updated when we moved to coin 2.0

you have to up them to an exchange like nxt-e or bittrex. dont keep them in your personal wallet! read the instructions they are simple and easy to understand Smiley
mugwampbro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:16:00 PM

I think I read that the staking interest (%) was going to be lower with the new wallet. True? If so..what is the logic behind this move?

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

I think I read that the staking interest (%) was going to be lower with the new wallet. True? If so..what is the logic behind this move?

if you just check 1st page you can see that it is clearly written:

UPDATE 5/17/2014:

A FEW WORDS FROM ME (THE HEAD DEV):

I sincerely apologize that the coin has been subject to an attack twice.  This is emerging technology and I am relatively busy in the real world.  However, I assure you, this coin is my passion and my real joy.  We are definitely on the radar now with the FPS game and the amount of volume we have, and that makes us a big target.  These attacks are a real pain and inconvenience for my team and I am sure they are for you as well.     

The problem was that the exchanges had a majority of the coin in their wallets and exchanges do not stake aka "mine".  So someone did not need 51% of the 60 mil total coins.  They only needed 51% of "staking coins".  Being that most coins were on the exchanges, the attacker was able to figure out a double spend method without 51% of total coins. 

Mintpal does not have the double spend coins.  I dont know what the attacker did with them.  SO HERE IS THE PLAN.

1. We are going to make a new coin with 60 million total supply and a lower interest rate (5%)
2. We are setting up a db to allow people to send in their old coins.  IF YOU HAVE COINS ON AN EXCHANGE, LEAVE THEM THERE.
3. Any wallets created after 5/16/14<--THE DAY OF ATTACK, are invalid and WILL NOT RECEIVE NEW COINS.  This will eliminate the attackers stash of coins    and we will be left with a surplus.  Mintpal lost 22 mil coins from the double spend.  We will reimburse Mintpal, so that they can give users back their coins. 
4. The board members have decided to keep all of our coins in 2 or 3 wallets and have them staking 24/7.  This will make sure that there is always a sufficient amount of coins "minting" and will nearly eliminate 51% attack potential.
5. This will take time and we ask you to bear with us.  Again, I apologize for this.  Thank you all.  Smiley

Please do not send emails to Mintpal or Polo, they are aware of what is going on and your coins are safe. However, please tell Bter to freeze their trading.

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:33:07 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 08:52:22 PM by UdjinM6

that's nice  Smiley
few questions though:
- how can we secure network if all our coins will be on exchanges that doesn't stake like local wallets do?
should large holders wait till the end of the week then to prevent another attack or is it safe now?
- what final decision was made on new coin parameters?
We though about network security and exchanges have increased the confirmations number to prevent double spent attempt.
We hesitated to group Dev team coins to stake, but we finally gave up making it.
New coin specs will follow.

ok, got it. waiting for coin specs then.

I am staking 1.5 million NC2 right now to help secure the network and will try to send the coins towards the end of the deposit period to minimize risk of an attack.

nice! leaving my wallet staking till the end too.

btw. what time/date is "the end" exactly?

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
KingArbinV
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:54:05 PM

Ok what is so hard about following instructions.. Its not a matter of whether you want
to or not, this is what we need to have all people with coins in their wallets doing... You
kinda don't really have a choice in the matter. If you wanna be hard headed and send to
some other exchange besides the ones I have listed, then you will risk your coins, and if
you are choosing to be hard headed and don't follow my instructions precisely and try to
send to someone besides Nxt-E or Bittrex, then I can't really help you.

The reason we are asking you to send to one of these exchanges is because we have an
agenda here. We are trying to find out exactly how many coins are left out and are only
using exchanges this time to convert your coins. This way there is no wallet scams from
photoshopped screenshots.

At current totals as you can tell from the instruction post I gave there are 58 mil total coins,
there were alot of you bragging the other night in the IRC that you have over a mil, well I have
970,000 some coins myself.. there should only be a total of 62m coins altogether. So this attack
has made it so we will probly be over the actual amount of coins that we are supposed to have,
and since many of you purchased that asshole's or bitch's (not sure if they are male or female)
fake coins, we will have to create a few more.. We are keeping you updated on the totals so this
whole coin total thing is seen by everyone and transparent. These amounts I have listed already
can be confirmed by mintpal, poloniex, bter, and c-cex. Bittrex's will obviously be higher, and I
have no totals for nxt-e yet as we are waiting til everyones coins are there.

I am not trying to be mean to anyone choosing to be hard headed, but yeah... dont fuck this up.. lol

Bittrex or Nxt-E only people.. send somewhere else... I'm sorry.. thats all I can say.. we will try to get
them at the very last moment to allow your coins in, but please dont screw shit up on this.. we are
working really hard to push this along and don't need the extra stress.. thats all I ask.

World without fiats!
KingArbinV
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:57:53 PM

My advise swap your coins through Bittrex and BTer instead of Mintpal to prevent all in one basket. If something happened, at least some not totally busted.

And you sir dont give bad advice.. I have already got a total on mintpal and bter both and do not want it to change. =D

World without fiats!
Oto3

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:13:28 PM

www.atomic-trade.com also trades Coin2...
nrigo

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:21:31 PM

My advise swap your coins through Bittrex and BTer instead of Mintpal to prevent all in one basket. If something happened, at least some not totally busted.

And you sir dont give bad advice.. I have already got a total on mintpal and bter both and do not want it to change. =D
You will have to change your total because some users have locked deposits @MintPal and B-Ter.

brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

You will have to change your total because some users have locked deposits @MintPal and B-Ter.

This should be discussed with exchanges to release stuck deposits, assured that those deposits are not from that mo-fck attacker.
KingArbinV
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:48:33 PM

Ok what is so hard about following instructions.. Its not a matter of whether you want
to or not, this is what we need to have all people with coins in their wallets doing... You
kinda don't really have a choice in the matter. If you wanna be hard headed and send to
some other exchange besides the ones I have listed, then you will risk your coins, and if
you are choosing to be hard headed and don't follow my instructions precisely and try to

The reason we are asking you to send to one of these exchanges is because we have an
agenda here. We are trying to find out exactly how many coins are left out and are only
using exchanges this time to convert your coins. This way there is no wallet scams from

At current totals as you can tell from the instruction post I gave there are 58 mil total coins,
there were alot of you bragging the other night in the IRC that you have over a mil, well I have
970,000 some coins myself.. there should only be a total of 62m coins altogether. So this attack
has made it so we will probly be over the actual amount of coins that we are supposed to have,
and since many of you purchased that asshole's or bitch's (not sure if they are male or female)
fake coins, we will have to create a few more.. We are keeping you updated on the totals so this
whole coin total thing is seen by everyone and transparent. These amounts I have listed already
can be confirmed by mintpal, poloniex, bter, and c-cex. Bittrex's will obviously be higher, and I

I am not trying to be mean to anyone choosing to be hard headed, but yeah... dont fuck this up.. lol

Bittrex or Nxt-E only people.. send somewhere else... I'm sorry.. thats all I can say.. we will try to get
them at the very last moment to allow your coins in, but please dont screw shit up on this.. we are
working really hard to push this along and don't need the extra stress.. thats all I ask.

we will try to get them at the very last moment to allow your coins in

and damn how long has atomic-trades been doing coin2, i didn't even know they existed.. lol

You guys know what, between today and tomorrow im gonna ask the other exchanges to watch
for the attackers address and open deposits freezing everything else... ill just have to ask them for
new totals again... screw it...  this job is stressful but i love it. lol

World without fiats!
KingArbinV
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:00:44 PM

By the way, if you send before i give the go ahead on the other exchanges, you might end up dealing with support on the other exchanges.. so please wait til it is ok to do so

World without fiats!
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:12:53 PM

we will try to get them at the very last moment to allow your coins in

and damn how long has atomic-trades been doing coin2, i didn't even know they existed.. lol

You guys know what, between today and tomorrow im gonna ask the other exchanges to watch
for the attackers address and open deposits freezing everything else... ill just have to ask them for
new totals again... screw it...  this job is stressful but i love it. lol

Such much thanks for your efforts! Wink
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:23:09 PM

Such much thanks for your efforts! Wink

Thanks indeed! Your effort will be paid in a fruits of your labor !
Con2 community respect hard work of C2 devs and hopefully one day you will be able to sit and relax Smiley
declensions

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:38:23 PM

appreciate your effforts Arbin!

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:53:34 PM

Guys, is anyone else having  troubles moving C2 right now?
I noticed my wallet stopped staking and blockchain is weird:
- blocks 64681 and 64584 arrived almost at the same time.
- few small transactions I made just to check is everything ok or not are unconfirmed for a long time
Looks like we forked or smth... Huh

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

Guys, is anyone else having  troubles moving C2 right now?
I noticed my wallet stopped staking and blockchain is weird:
- blocks 64681 and 64584 arrived almost at the same time.
- few small transactions I made just to check is everything ok or not are unconfirmed for a long time
Looks like we forked or smth... Huh

My deposit to bittrex also appears stuck.
0 confirmations after 20 minutes.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:30:10 PM

i did a test sent of 100C2 to Bittrex a while ago (20mins ago) ... it reached Bittrex but 0 confirmations...lets wait for it...

I deleted the blocks so it downloads a fresh blocks...lets see what happens.

I've notified the guys about this.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:52:28 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 01:07:35 AM by FredDag

I deleted the blocks so it downloads a fresh blocks...lets see what happens.

For anyone wanting to reclaim "coins sent, but still with 0 confirmations", without re-downloading the blockchain...
This should recover unconfirmed sent coins back into the available balance (on windows)...

1. Open the C2.0 wallet.... Help > Debug Window > Console > 'RepairWallet' >> Recovered amount will be displayed in output.
2. Close the C2.0 wallet...
3. Open the c2.0 wallet with "-rescan" parameter *
4. The recovered coins should now be included in the available balance.

* Shortcut Example
"C:\Coin2.0\coin2.0-qt.exe" -rescan

* CMD Example
cd c:\Coin2.0
coin2.0-qt.exe -rescan

Edit To Add:

As far as I know, this should work on any QT wallet. 
aurtur215

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

Is the blockchain not moving anymore?
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: