Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:35:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Faircoin - MULTIPOOL PAYS --- 20%--- BONUS! for the next week!!  (Read 341878 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:40:20 PM

Another 1000, what a nice feeling Smiley

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sec0nd2n0ne

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:51:46 PM

starting price is 1 fac = 10k satoshi

If you want to get an idea of the price, just see where Premine is trading (was actually much higher earlier)

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_pmc

This may be a noob question, but how is it on an exchange already? I thought they weren't going to put it on any exchanges until everyone had theirs... doesn't seem really "Fair" if some can sell before everyone has received them.

The distribution will be finished within 2days, I think.
Near half of them have been delivered.

How did you know how much have been sent?
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

There are still those who have not got a coin? To me and to my friend did not come coins. Have to worry or wait?

They are still coming and probably will be for a few more days yet.  I was somewhere around 27000 when I got my first token and haven't received anything yet.  To get all the way through all 49750 will take a while.

Because we all know how fair it is to slowly roll payments out so some people get coins before others.  While it is on an exchange, allowing people who get their coins first to dump before everyone else.

This coin is so ironic.  First a very skewed distribution because of people gaming the system. Some of us have lives and cannot sit in front of computers all day gaining stake and then there are those who used scripts and bragged about it on the forum.

Then this staggered release where people who get their coins first can start trading days before other people.  

I hope you guys are happy.  

Everyone in this thread claiming it is 'fair' also has a bunch of stake and are displaying skewed judgment.

The coin really should not claim fairness, it does not hold up.

In fact it is one of the less fair distribution systems.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
ZeroControl

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:59:17 PM

There are still those who have not got a coin? To me and to my friend did not come coins. Have to worry or wait?

They are still coming and probably will be for a few more days yet.  I was somewhere around 27000 when I got my first token and haven't received anything yet.  To get all the way through all 49750 will take a while.

Because we all know how fair it is to slowly roll payments out so some people get coins before others.  While it is on an exchange, allowing people who get their coins first to dump before everyone else.

This coin is so ironic.  First a very skewed distribution because of people gaming the system. Some of us have lives and cannot sit in front of computers all day gaining stake and then there are those who used scripts and bragged about it on the forum.

Then this staggered release where people who get their coins first can start trading days before other people.  

Everyone in this thread claiming it is 'fair' also has a bunch of stake and are displaying skewed judgment.

It is not on any exhange, and it wont be before everyone have their coins.
shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:00:03 PM

If you want to get an idea of the price, just see where Premine is trading (was actually much higher earlier)

This may be a noob question, but how is it on an exchange already? I thought they weren't going to put it on any exchanges until everyone had theirs... doesn't seem really "Fair" if some can sell before everyone has received them.

That's PMC, a different coin

Edit: I think we should try to get on poloniex, Busoni seems honest.

I agree with putting it up on Poloniex, but considering the growth rate that the votes had on cryptorush, I guess with a bit of voting the next few hours fac should definitely come in first place. isn't dinarcoin just a scam with 100% premine that went to the owner?

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:01:37 PM

Sorry about that, guess I am just spreading disinformation from previous posts.

Does not change the fact that I feel it is unfair that I have only 1 stake because I was trying to not be greedy and others ended up with hundreds.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
sec0nd2n0ne

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

Yeah.. "The coins are being sent in the order the addresses were inserted in. We will not go up on any exchange before ALL the coins have been sent out. "
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:02:11 PM

The distribution will be finished within 2days, I think.
Near half of them have been delivered.

How did you know how much have been sent?

Guess!
ekoja

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

Holding much less stakes as you expected?
You can buy more when dumping.
And again, this coin is not on any exchange untill all coins have been distributed.
thePridge

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:07:44 PM

wow... people are really being touchy hey...
don't forget... this is a crypto currency... it doesn't really have any value unless people decide it has value...
If you don't like how this coin is working you could always create a challenger coin and show the devs of this coin how it is done.
bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Holding much less stakes as you expected?
You can buy more when dumping.
And again, this coin is not on any exchange untill all coins have been distributed.

also if something is fair, pretty much depends on perception. i like to compare it to other recent cryptos e.g. Nxt. compared to this, the initial distribution seems pretty "fair".
Jengo

Activity: 382

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

I agree with putting it up on Poloniex, but considering the growth rate that the votes had on cryptorush, I guess with a bit of voting the next few hours fac should definitely come in first place. isn't dinarcoin just a scam with 100% premine that went to the owner?

Yep it seems the "dev" of dinarcoin have bought all the votes on cryptorush.

This coin would have -61 votes if he didn't had done that. lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494685.60
shadypepe

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:16:34 PM

Yep it seems the "dev" of dinarcoin have bought all the votes on cryptorush.

This coin would have -61 votes if he didn't had done that. lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494685.60

lol ok, people time to beat this guy but fairly!

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
thePridge

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:18:47 PM

*snip*

I am voting every hour!
liugangliuliu

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

*snip*

I am voting every hour!

ME TOO

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:35:11 PM

Just my 2 FAC on price... and a few other things

Some people have said it, this coin was widely distributed... this is a good thing for the value of the coin.  The more people have it, the more rare it becomes, the higher the price IF demand is there.

I think 10K satoshis is IMHO a fair, minimum floor price.

I also believe we have a fair distribution (not perfect but better than A LOT of other coins out there) of the FAC wealth.  Sure some have more, but I think that if the highest/richest person right now (that we know of) as somewhere around 350K FAC (witch is less than 0.7%) it shouldn't be to much of an issue (he still had to put in over 30 hours of work to get to that not 30 hours of computer hashing away but of human work -- think about that).  So the average FAC holder has around 5K FAC (a loose interpretation of the stats the dev posted a few days back about their website analytics). If everyone holds on to their 5K because they want to maximise their profit, it will create rarity on the market and push prices up. It doesn't seem (yet) that we have a major player/whale that could dump this coin on the market and kill the prices. I am happy with that!

Another thing to keep in mind is that FAC has some PoS reward.  If PMC had a price of 50k+ satoshis (and currently around 35k satoshis) without PoS rewards... 10k satoshis for FAC might be a bit too low if you put that into the equation.

So if a wide/fair distribution has succeeded... what can make prices go up (beside speculation).  It's the real world use of this coin.  I think this is where this coin lacks for the moment.

We need merchants to accept this coin, promotions, games, an active reddit page, a forum on the official site, a wiki on the official site, etc.

This is where you and I (as a community of early adopters) can make a difference in the success/failure of the coin.

I keep reading shitcoin/to the moon comments, but in reality it's going to be shit or go to the moon ONLY if we abandon / support it has a community.

The 10K satoshis price can easily be 100K or more... Just look at Aurora.

So I took some time to put my thoughts out on this, because I think it's a step towards an active and healthful community.

I will finish with these CRUCIAL observations that I, among others, have said earlier.

10 minutes block time is WAAAAAY to long.  On the "business" side of this coin, no merchant wants to wait 10 minutes to confirm any transactions. I think we need to change this to something between 30-90 seconds blocks. This could be a deal breaker and since we are at the beginning ... Forking this now would be natural and the right thing to do since the issue as already been pointed out.

The other thing I noticed is that the devs are too quiet in this forum and take too much time to react/respond/update.  The team might be too small unexperienced, if team there is.  But the beauty about OpenSource projects is just that.   OPEN!  So that's were the community should step in and contribute in their own way to help get this coin out there and make it a success. Some of us already have and I salute all of you Grin

This wont last if it rely only on the dev. They should come forward and tell us what they can and cannot do so we can take over, as a community, where they cannot offer support.

Furthermore, I see a lot of pushing to get this coin on the exchanges, and it scares me a bit.  While I thank those people for their efforts, we NEED to see more diverse kinds of promotions.

If you've read this far then please keep this conversation going and growing.  

We had a good start and this far distribution is doing well... we can bring this coin to a brighter future if we decide to do so together.

Wink

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
bitcoinsservice

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:37:13 PM

the TRADE volume in cryptorush is really low , Lets try to get into mintpal.
sell some FAC for BTC and vote on mintpal.
Once we put the coin on Mintpal value will rise by 50% like all the other coins.

In 27 days start to get  POS blocks, which means the interest rate on the currency. (6%)
Wait patiently, it will pay off!!

Faircoin TO THE MOONNNN!
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

10K satoshi per FAC that's it. The bottom.

flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

If you READ what I said, that's for Premine (PMC) but it had a very similar model and no of total coins. Distribution though was mostly through facebook.
ZeroControl

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:55:49 PM

Just my 2 FAC on price... and a few other things

Some people have said it, this coin was widely distributed... this is a good thing for the value of the coin.  The more people have it, the more rare it becomes, the higher the price IF demand is there.

I think 10K satoshis is IMHO a fair, minimum floor price.

I also believe we have a fair distribution (not perfect but better than A LOT of other coins out there) of the FAC wealth.  Sure some have more, but I think that if the highest/richest person right now (that we know of) as somewhere around 350K FAC (witch is less than 0.7%) it shouldn't be to much of an issue (he still had to put in over 30 hours of work to get to that not 30 hours of computer hashing away but of human work -- think about that).  So the average FAC holder has around 5K FAC (a loose interpretation of the stats the dev posted a few days back about their website analytics). If everyone holds on to their 5K because they want to maximise their profit, it will create rarity on the market and push prices up. It doesn't seem (yet) that we have a major player/whale that could dump this coin on the market and kill the prices. I am happy with that!

Another thing to keep in mind is that FAC has some PoS reward.  If PMC had a price of 50k+ satoshis (and currently around 35k satoshis) without PoS rewards... 10k satoshis for FAC might be a bit too low if you put that into the equation.

So if a wide/fair distribution has succeeded... what can make prices go up (beside speculation).  It's the real world use of this coin.  I think this is where this coin lacks for the moment.

We need merchants to accept this coin, promotions, games, an active reddit page, a forum on the official site, a wiki on the official site, etc.

This is where you and I (as a community of early adopters) can make a difference in the success/failure of the coin.

I keep reading shitcoin/to the moon comments, but in reality it's going to be shit or go to the moon ONLY if we abandon / support it has a community.

The 10K satoshis price can easily be 100K or more... Just look at Aurora.

So I took some time to put my thoughts out on this, because I think it's a step towards an active and healthful community.

I will finish with these CRUCIAL observations that I, among others, have said earlier.

10 minutes block time is WAAAAAY to long.  On the "business" side of this coin, no merchant wants to wait 10 minutes to confirm any transactions. I think we need to change this to something between 30-90 seconds blocks. This could be a deal breaker and since we are at the beginning ... Forking this now would be natural and the right thing to do since the issue as already been pointed out.

The other thing I noticed is that the devs are too quiet in this forum and take too much time to react/respond/update.  The team might be too small unexperienced, if team there is.  But the beauty about OpenSource projects is just that.   OPEN!  So that's were the community should step in and contribute in their own way to help get this coin out there and make it a success. Some of us already have and I salute all of you Grin

This wont last if it rely only on the dev. They should come forward and tell us what they can and cannot do so we can take over, as a community, where they cannot offer support.

Furthermore, I see a lot of pushing to get this coin on the exchanges, and it scares me a bit.  While I thank those people for their efforts, we NEED to see more diverse kinds of promotions.

If you've read this far then please keep this conversation going and growing.  

We had a good start and this far distribution is doing well... we can bring this coin to a brighter future if we decide to do so together.

Wink

Really good post. I agree with you on everything. This coin has potential, and I like to see that there is so much activity from the community. I saw someone earlier wrote a post about creating a company were we could offer or sell services/things for FAC. Think this i a great idea, and i would like to take part in that, and help it become reality.

I would also like the dev to be more active here, I understand that they have a lot of work, but hope it will become better when coins are distributed

I could help make a Scandinavian website for FairCoin, but need to coordinate it with dev and the rest of the community that want to help. I would also try and contact online shop in my country to get them to accept FAC, but will wait until blocktime has been changed.

We need to spread the word about this coin as much as we can people!

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: