Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Faircoin - MULTIPOOL PAYS --- 20%--- BONUS! for the next week!!  (Read 341878 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:01:29 PM

Another 1000 wooooo Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUk_Dqiow0A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gu7008

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

We are all entering a new era.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

10 minutes block time is WAAAAAY to long.  On the "business" side of this coin, no merchant wants to wait 10 minutes to confirm any transactions. I think we need to change this to something between 30-90 seconds blocks. This could be a deal breaker and since we are at the beginning ... Forking this now would be natural and the right thing to do since the issue as already been pointed out.

The other thing I noticed is that the devs are too quiet in this forum and take too much time to react/respond/update.  The team might be too small unexperienced, if team there is.  But the beauty about OpenSource projects is just that.   OPEN!  So that's were the community should step in and contribute in their own way to help get this coin out there and make it a success. Some of us already have and I salute all of you Grin

Beautifully put!

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:06:03 PM

Let's vote, 30sec blocks. I vote YES!

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:06:39 PM

wow... people are really being touchy hey...
don't forget... this is a crypto currency... it doesn't really have any value unless people decide it has value...
If you don't like how this coin is working you could always create a challenger coin and show the devs of this coin how it is done.

I have no problem with this currency.

It is just that they cannot really say it is the 'First fairly distributed coin'.

This is blatantly not true.  If this is what it takes to be fair then many others have also had 'fair' distributions.

In fact this distribution system is inherently less fair than some other coins that came before it that did things like restricted one stake per account proven.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Morquor

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:09:53 PM

Let's vote, 30sec blocks. I vote YES!

Right! I mean YES!  Grin
fair-cointeam (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:09:56 PM

Just my 2 FAC on price... and a few other things

Some people have said it, this coin was widely distributed... this is a good thing for the value of the coin.  The more people have it, the more rare it becomes, the higher the price IF demand is there.

I think 10K satoshis is IMHO a fair, minimum floor price.

I also believe we have a fair distribution (not perfect but better than A LOT of other coins out there) of the FAC wealth.  Sure some have more, but I think that if the highest/richest person right now (that we know of) as somewhere around 350K FAC (witch is less than 0.7%) it shouldn't be to much of an issue (he still had to put in over 30 hours of work to get to that not 30 hours of computer hashing away but of human work -- think about that).  So the average FAC holder has around 5K FAC (a loose interpretation of the stats the dev posted a few days back about their website analytics). If everyone holds on to their 5K because they want to maximise their profit, it will create rarity on the market and push prices up. It doesn't seem (yet) that we have a major player/whale that could dump this coin on the market and kill the prices. I am happy with that!

Another thing to keep in mind is that FAC has some PoS reward.  If PMC had a price of 50k+ satoshis (and currently around 35k satoshis) without PoS rewards... 10k satoshis for FAC might be a bit too low if you put that into the equation.

So if a wide/fair distribution has succeeded... what can make prices go up (beside speculation).  It's the real world use of this coin.  I think this is where this coin lacks for the moment.

We need merchants to accept this coin, promotions, games, an active reddit page, a forum on the official site, a wiki on the official site, etc.

This is where you and I (as a community of early adopters) can make a difference in the success/failure of the coin.

I keep reading shitcoin/to the moon comments, but in reality it's going to be shit or go to the moon ONLY if we abandon / support it has a community.

The 10K satoshis price can easily be 100K or more... Just look at Aurora.

So I took some time to put my thoughts out on this, because I think it's a step towards an active and healthful community.

I will finish with these CRUCIAL observations that I, among others, have said earlier.

10 minutes block time is WAAAAAY to long.  On the "business" side of this coin, no merchant wants to wait 10 minutes to confirm any transactions. I think we need to change this to something between 30-90 seconds blocks. This could be a deal breaker and since we are at the beginning ... Forking this now would be natural and the right thing to do since the issue as already been pointed out.

The other thing I noticed is that the devs are too quiet in this forum and take too much time to react/respond/update.  The team might be too small unexperienced, if team there is.  But the beauty about OpenSource projects is just that.   OPEN!  So that's were the community should step in and contribute in their own way to help get this coin out there and make it a success. Some of us already have and I salute all of you Grin

This wont last if it rely only on the dev. They should come forward and tell us what they can and cannot do so we can take over, as a community, where they cannot offer support.

Furthermore, I see a lot of pushing to get this coin on the exchanges, and it scares me a bit.  While I thank those people for their efforts, we NEED to see more diverse kinds of promotions.

If you've read this far then please keep this conversation going and growing.  

We had a good start and this far distribution is doing well... we can bring this coin to a brighter future if we decide to do so together.

Wink

Hi guys,
We welcome your initiative,
We still have left tens of thousands of FAC for Bounties and we will divide them in favor of the proposals you offer,
if someone has additional suggestions we encourage you to go up them here,
we follow what you're saying here in the thread, and we will be happy to help and donate as much as possible.

Thanks,
Faircoin Team
thePridge

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:13:10 PM

wow... people are really being touchy hey...
don't forget... this is a crypto currency... it doesn't really have any value unless people decide it has value...
If you don't like how this coin is working you could always create a challenger coin and show the devs of this coin how it is done.

I have no problem with this currency.

It is just that they cannot really say it is the 'First fairly distributed coin'.

This is blatantly not true.  If this is what it takes to be fair then many others have also had 'fair' distributions.

In fact this distribution system is inherently less fair than some other coins that came before it that did things like restricted one stake per account proven.

I get what you are saying. It COULD have been more fair yes. You gotta remember that everything is subjective, so to the guys that created the coin, this is (according to them) the 'First fairly distributed coin'. You are welcome to disagree, it's everyone's right to have their own feelings.

I was aiming my post to people calling this sh1tcoin etc...
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:15:15 PM

Just my 2 FAC on price... and a few other things

Some people have said it, this coin was widely distributed... this is a good thing for the value of the coin.  The more people have it, the more rare it becomes, the higher the price IF demand is there.

I think 10K satoshis is IMHO a fair, minimum floor price.

I also believe we have a fair distribution (not perfect but better than A LOT of other coins out there) of the FAC wealth.  Sure some have more, but I think that if the highest/richest person right now (that we know of) as somewhere around 350K FAC (witch is less than 0.7%) it shouldn't be to much of an issue (he still had to put in over 30 hours of work to get to that not 30 hours of computer hashing away but of human work -- think about that).  So the average FAC holder has around 5K FAC (a loose interpretation of the stats the dev posted a few days back about their website analytics). If everyone holds on to their 5K because they want to maximise their profit, it will create rarity on the market and push prices up. It doesn't seem (yet) that we have a major player/whale that could dump this coin on the market and kill the prices. I am happy with that!

Another thing to keep in mind is that FAC has some PoS reward.  If PMC had a price of 50k+ satoshis (and currently around 35k satoshis) without PoS rewards... 10k satoshis for FAC might be a bit too low if you put that into the equation.

So if a wide/fair distribution has succeeded... what can make prices go up (beside speculation).  It's the real world use of this coin.  I think this is where this coin lacks for the moment.

We need merchants to accept this coin, promotions, games, an active reddit page, a forum on the official site, a wiki on the official site, etc.

This is where you and I (as a community of early adopters) can make a difference in the success/failure of the coin.

I keep reading shitcoin/to the moon comments, but in reality it's going to be shit or go to the moon ONLY if we abandon / support it has a community.

The 10K satoshis price can easily be 100K or more... Just look at Aurora.

So I took some time to put my thoughts out on this, because I think it's a step towards an active and healthful community.

I will finish with these CRUCIAL observations that I, among others, have said earlier.

This wont last if it rely only on the dev. They should come forward and tell us what they can and cannot do so we can take over, as a community, where they cannot offer support.

Furthermore, I see a lot of pushing to get this coin on the exchanges, and it scares me a bit.  While I thank those people for their efforts, we NEED to see more diverse kinds of promotions.

If you've read this far then please keep this conversation going and growing.  

We had a good start and this far distribution is doing well... we can bring this coin to a brighter future if we decide to do so together.

Wink

Really good post. I agree with you on everything. This coin has potential, and I like to see that there is so much activity from the community. I saw someone earlier wrote a post about creating a company were we could offer or sell services/things for FAC. Think this i a great idea, and i would like to take part in that, and help it become reality.

I would also like the dev to be more active here, I understand that they have a lot of work, but hope it will become better when coins are distributed

I could help make a Scandinavian website for FairCoin, but need to coordinate it with dev and the rest of the community that want to help. I would also try and contact online shop in my country to get them to accept FAC, but will wait until blocktime has been changed.

We need to spread the word about this coin as much as we can people!

Well! Hope you have a nice job. Spread the word to the Nord.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:17:49 PM

I think your inputs valid and valued, so don't take this the wrong way, as some points I do disagree with Smiley

30-90 sec block times way too fast (yeah all the pump n dump scamcoins like the fast ones, but theres a scaming reasons/trick for that I wont get into), 10 min maybe too long but still I'm fine with that.
Think its way too early to consider a fork.

Also I think the dev been very responsive, especially consider the distribution task he is also on, just a little patience is needed by all, remember its only be alive a few short days, and the coins are free Smiley

Reply to others comment; I think the devs done the best job he can to have the coin as fair as possible, by no means an easy task (no crypto has achieved what the average person here would consider fair).

Even a perfect fair launch, fair distributions, in the long term will any successful crypto not end up in the same hands (if you can buy cryptos with fiat, they become just as fair as fiat).

Very interesting experiment here on many levels, help answers what happens to a blockchain when pow is finished? can a freely given coin become worth something? all 50 mil hit the market at once what will happen?.......we all have prediction and I think I know somewhat the answers but interesting to examine it live.

shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:21:15 PM

Path of victory:

this is over the course of 35 minutes

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
thePridge

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:23:14 PM

I think your inputs valid and valued, so don't take this the wrong way, as some points I do disagree with Smiley

30-90 sec block times way too fast (yeah all the pump n dump scamcoins like the fast ones, but theres a scaming reasons/trick for that I wont get into), 10 min maybe too long but still I'm fine with that.

Also I think the dev been very responsive, especially consider the distribution task he is also on, just a little patience is needed by all, remember its only be alive a few short days, and the coins are free Smiley

Reply to others comment; I think the devs done the best job he can to have the coin as fair as possible, by no means an easy task (no crypto has achieved what the average person here would consider fair).

Even a perfect fair launch, fair distributions, in the long term will any successful crypto not end up in the same hands (if you can buy cryptos with fiat, they become just as fair as fiat).

Very interesting experiment here on many levels, help answers what happens to a blockchain when pow is finished? can a freely given coin become worth something? all 50 mil hit the market at once what will happen?.......we all have prediction and I think I know somewhat the answers but interesting to examine it live.

The first social experiment result in... People didn't create one token/address... the distribution allowed for more than one, provided you didn't "cheat" by using bots/vms/restarting your router...
vis

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:23:34 PM

Maybe i'm not getting something.

10 minutes blocks are good enough for bitcoin, peercoin, and lots of other coins, and bitcoin is the only 1 that's really being used as a currency outside our little bubble of crypto world
why would this be a deal breaker?
also, pos blocks will on average half that time to 5 minutes

miramare

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:24:02 PM

+1
Good points.
FaircoinExchange

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:24:45 PM

Faircoin Giveaway Courtesy of FaircoinExchange.com!

As a show of good faith to the community, to help make Faircoin even fairer, and to help those who might have missed the deadline, we are launching a FAC giveaway from our own personal Faircoins! Additionally we plan to take 10% of any future profits we make and redistribute those Faircoins to the community since that is the fair thing to do  Cheesy

Our first giveaway will be for 1000 FAC to a total of 50 people (20 FAC/person).

Make sure you follow the instructions:

- To participate please reply with your Faircoin address and below that include "Buy Faircoins @ FaircoinExchange.com" so we can easily identify your submission. Then you must email us on our homepage the permalink to your post.
- Your bitcointalk user must be at least 7 days old, and any attempt to double post will disqualify you.
- This offer is valid for 2 hours, so do NOT reply once 2 hours have passed from the timestamp of this post.
- First come first serve, once 50 valid requests have been made then there is no reason for you to try as your request will not be processed.
- Please allow 24 hours for processing. Once you receive your free Faircoins a thank you post in this forum is appreciated. If you feel you should have received and didn't please email us directly on our website, do NOT post to this thread. We apologize if it takes some time to reply we are being swamped with emails at this point.

p.s. Once the official Faircoin distribution has completed we will open our exchange for trading and we look forward to serving the community and making it easy to buy and sell Faircoins.

Cheers,

FaircoinExchange.com
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Keep voting guys! Nobody bought votes for faircoin, this is pure free votes behind, so keep going !

I think we have many individuals holding stakes, and this will help a lot. Just see the votes by yourself!

PS : Faircoinexchange.com seems fishy still.

bitcoinsservice

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

Maybe i'm not getting something.

10 minutes blocks are good enough for bitcoin, peercoin, and lots of other coins, and bitcoin is the only 1 that's really being used as a currency outside our little bubble of crypto world
why would this be a deal breaker?
also, pos blocks will on average half that time to 5 minutes

vis is right,
You all forgot the POS blocks that minimize the time to 5 minutes.
Morquor

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

i guess FAC @crypto = 10k Vote.. why now only 5k? cmiiw

Yeah, it was over 10000 a minute ago! WTF?
miramare

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

Faircoin Giveaway Courtesy of FaircoinExchange.com!

As a show of good faith to the community, to help make Faircoin even fairer, and to help those who might have missed the deadline, we are launching a FAC giveaway from our own personal Faircoins! Additionally we plan to take 10% of any future profits we make and redistribute those Faircoins to the community since that is the fair thing to do  Cheesy

Our first giveaway will be for 1000 FAC to a total of 50 people (20 FAC/person).

Make sure you follow the instructions:

- To participate please reply with your Faircoin address and below that include "Buy Faircoins @ FaircoinExchange.com" so we can easily identify your submission. Then you must email us on our homepage the permalink to your post.
- Your bitcointalk user must be at least 7 days old, and any attempt to double post will disqualify you.
- This offer is valid for 2 hours, so do NOT reply once 2 hours have passed from the timestamp of this post.
- First come first serve, once 50 valid requests have been made then there is no reason for you to try as your request will not be processed.
- Please allow 24 hours for processing. Once you receive your free Faircoins a thank you post in this forum is appreciated. If you feel you should have received and didn't please email us directly on our website, do NOT post to this thread. We apologize if it takes some time to reply we are being swamped with emails at this point.

p.s. Once the official Faircoin distribution has completed we will open our exchange for trading and we look forward to serving the community and making it easy to buy and sell Faircoins.

Cheers,

FaircoinExchange.com

Warning: The scammer comes again.....  
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

i guess FAC @crypto = 10k Vote.. why now only 5k? cmiiw

someone voted Minus - for fair coin,that could be the reason.Still 5k less votes  Lips sealed
Stagxing

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:38:11 PM

Hi guys,
We welcome your initiative,
We still have left tens of thousands of FAC for Bounties and we will divide them in favor of the proposals you offer,
if someone has additional suggestions we encourage you to go up them here,
we follow what you're saying here in the thread, and we will be happy to help and donate as much as possible.

Thanks,
Faircoin Team

Woot!!!!  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: