Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't it be possible to be paid for bounty in cash instead of token  (Read 2288 times)
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:35:21 AM

Sometimes i use to ask why is it not possible to be paid bounty money in cash why is it alway's that is only paid in token anybody that can explain more please?
It's impossible because the reason the development team pays participants for a bounty campaign with their tokens is because they don't have enough money to pay for them.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:46:55 AM

It's impossible because the reason the development team pays participants for a bounty campaign with their tokens is because they don't have enough money to pay for them.
It's one reason and the second reason is they want people to use their coins and be traded on exchanges soon.

There will be no demand if there are no people who are holding their tokens and there's no buy/sell orders. But that's also the main reason what majority thinks on why they are paying with their tokens instead of bitcoin or any currency that most prefers. If the token is listed on an exchange it will be followed by dump - this what usually happens.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:55:16 AM

most ICO paid in token because they believe that is the only reasonable way to compensate the bounty hunters. when you go through project that offer bounty campaign you will discover that total allocated for bounty has been budgeted directly with the project. this is because paying hunters with token will reduce transaction cost compare to paying in cash and also it bring flexibility to the project because this will in one way or the other influence the success of the project.
Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

Sometimes i use to ask why is it not possible to be paid bounty money in cash why is it alway's that is only paid in token anybody that can explain more please?

Wow, that was a great IDEA. but i don't think they will never do it. We don't need cash. Why don't they send bounty funds in ETH or BTC (some companies paid ETH or BTC, but most of them are not). Because their trying to raise their funds, and also they try to spread their token.
Therefore they will never try to pay bounty works in cash.
And also, if they pay cash, they have to transfer money. That was also some problem.

doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:16:26 PM

It seems to me that if they would have extra money, they would not conduct an ico company. if we consider this question differently, then the company pays with the means it has, And these are tokens.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:29:03 PM

Indeed, some projects were paid by the ether and Bitcoin. But at the present time I have not heard of such. The ICO market seems to have exhausted itself.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:34:44 PM

Nobody would do it as there's no way for a ico owner to legally pay all the globalised bounty hunters to get paid in equivalent value in their currency, plus its far expensive as the value is super fixed unlike tokens which could fluctuate within at least some form of control, i think the main causes its simply the costs and well, how other project does it, its far simply to give tokens than extracting your precious angel investment funds for hunter anyway, thats what i think

Sissebrahima

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:17:04 AM

If the ICO development team is interested in maintaining and increasing the price of their token, then undoubtedly before calculating for the bounty campaigns, developers must convert the token to ethereum and give away ethereum. This will avoid the sale of tokens at a low or very low price, at which participants in bounty campaigns usually sell tokens.
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 05:53:48 AM

It is possible. But what's the essence of the ico when they are not going to pay with their own token?. To promote their project, they have to pay with their token.

dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:31:14 AM

in this way projects will not pay anything, it is not profitable to them from a financial point of view
emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

It is very possible but it depends on the team behind that bounty campaign if they wan it that way. If you are joining campaign, there are certain rule that must be followed by the joiners.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:56:25 AM

Indeed, some projects were paid by the ether and Bitcoin. But at the present time I have not heard of such. The ICO market seems to have exhausted itself.

indeed what is happening now is quite difficult to predict so correctly. because the market conditions that are currently taking place also make the project sometimes not yet giving a prize. so we should be more patient.
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:56:30 AM

As a rule, projects raise money for development and pay with tokens, because it’s still quite a cheap way to make an advertisement for your product, so it seems to me hardly possible in cash!
fakmee

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:36:52 AM

As a rule, projects raise money for development and pay with tokens, because it’s still quite a cheap way to make an advertisement for your product, so it seems to me hardly possible in cash!
and that also makes the project even less clear, in the absence of a market that can exchange these tokens in cash. if the project all pays in cash there will definitely not be a scam
Elorika

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:14:50 PM

Projects are more profitable to pay tokens than Ethereum or other Fiat currency, of course there were projects that paid Ethereum but this is a rarity

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:17:15 PM

I think it is not a very good idea from the point of view of developers, it is true that the dump of bounty hunters can be a problem, but paying them in cash would mean giving them an amount that they would have to take out of the amount they collect in the ICO and would not be subject to the value of the currency, so maybe the bounty hunters would do a worse job because they would not have a personal motivation.

Bitcoin to the moon
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:18:15 PM

It will be kinda difficult to do that because the money the team will raise will be used to build the project and not in cash, it might be a little possible if you are talking about paying in other coins like ethereum or bitcoin.
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:24:53 PM

It's in the sole discretion of the team and most projects are smart and won't do that. Most don't have good intentions for bounty hunters. Some even wish they never paid bounters in Tokens and yet to talk of real money

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:41:29 PM

This will be beneficial only for bounty hunters. After all, then they will know that their work is paid for with money that is worth something, and not just ordinary wrappers. But for the project it is not profitable. If the team had the funds to pay for advertising, there would be no need to conduct a bounty company. It is easier for them to pay with their tokens, because they do not lose anything from it.

Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:01:48 PM

Because the project has no money for it. Even though paying with tokens has the risk that they may be useless, I still think it's better than paying with money. Getting tokens of a promising project in the future you can get an unlimited reward. When paying with money, we receive a fixed reward.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: