Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:03:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3712 times)
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 05:54:56 AM

As more and more economies become financially unstable and many currencies are getting devalued around the world, more and more folks are going to turn to Bitcoin. Look at Turkey for Example. It's local currency the Turkish Lira has devalued like 505 over the last year and I see more and more Turks flocking to Bitcoin and are buying BTC and other Cryptos by the dozen right now. If you see even now in this forum, we have so many more Turkish people here, which is great news for Crypto as they are a resilient and hardworking Race. Also I see many Turkish videos now on Youtube about Crypto and Bloggers too! I am Greek and also I am seeing more of our crowd join as well.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think this depends on your perception of bitcoin, investment or trading. because after all there will be many debates that will never run out. the basic concept is virtual currency. but bitcoin can be a promising investment in the future.
so I think choose the one that suits you.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:04:58 AM

I guess anything ( assets, coins, billions, bars, real estates, cloths, eggs, breads ) that are needed to create from something and are bought, sold, re-bought and re-sold and which finally gives the profit or loss statement at some point are all called as an investment. So I am sure with that definition bitcoin is already perfect investment because it is bought and sold at different prices and it is traded to grow the current investment and have more wealth. So yeah your definition is true and as read everyone here is having the same point of view and tells us that anything into which we invest money is basically investment. This is good discussion and something new too. :-)
Btcmicel

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think this depends on your perception of bitcoin, investment or trading. because after all there will be many debates that will never run out. the basic concept is virtual currency. but bitcoin can be a promising investment in the future.

As of now it is more on investment because it is more profitable. Others people compared bitcoin in gold and silver because of the higher value in our market. But some other countries start to avcepted as a payment system, a fit for the defination.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:55:17 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 06:11:53 PM by Bugatti73

In an economic sense,
                                         In finance

As of now it is more on investment because it is more profitable. Others people compared bitcoin in gold and silver because of the higher value in our market. But some other countries start to avcepted as a payment system, a fit for the defination.

That is investment but i can name bitcoin "high - risk investment" becouse the price changes very much throughout the year.
Teriyanone

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:03:53 AM

Bitcoin is an investment for the world and the crypto community but If this situation continues and most people keep using Bitcoin as just an investment end of Bitcoin will come soon because when it comes to reality there is nothing considerable can be done using Bitcoin so how can a currency can exist when there is nothing can be done using it. But we see few businesses that providing payment options in Bitcoin so only the time will decides what will be the path that Bitcoin will select and no matter what that is there will be a significant effect in the crypto currency market and the community
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Bitcoin is an investment for the world and the crypto community but If this situation continues and most people keep using Bitcoin as just an investment end of Bitcoin will come soon because when it comes to reality there is nothing considerable can be done using Bitcoin so how can a currency can exist when there is nothing can be done using it. But we see few businesses that providing payment options in Bitcoin so only the time will decides what will be the path that Bitcoin will select and no matter what that is there will be a significant effect in the crypto currency market and the community

I believed that there's no consensus as far as real usage of bitcoin is concern. Some of us spend it, others chose to hold and be it a store of value or investment, so I don't see bitcoin to end anytime soon. And with LN coming up, I'm sure that we can find bitcoin as currency or mode of payment online so it will have a huge effect on us and maybe we can seee more businesses accepting bitcoin as payment because of this "fixed".

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:13:23 PM

This is the investment. Bitcoin is digital gold, not a means of payment, i  mean it's  accumulation asset.
Remilekun1

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:30:20 PM

I guess someone argue this in one thread that I saw. The person said bitcoin is not an investment. But thank for this simple analysis. How I wish the person should be able to see this thread, at least he or she can be convince a little.
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:42:22 PM

Bitcoin is an investment you have to take a risk and target some amount of profit If you can hold for a long time, I blive this Bitcoin gives you a smart profit.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:46:44 PM

By those descriptions, everything is an investment. You can buy anything and wait for it to be more valuable and sell it in the future. If some people invest in something it doesn't mean it is an investment if it wasn't intended to be one. Bitcoin was not intended to be an investment, it is projected as a currency and it is one. I do agree it can be considered as an investment because most of people use it as one, but it doesn't mean it isn't a currency.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:10:28 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Bitcoin is a hybrid investment. It is a combination of a cryptocurrency at the same time as an investment. Think of it as a gold. A gold today is an investment but in the recent century it is considered as a currency like silver.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

150 of Fortune 500 companies have closed down since 2006. Stock markets are also investments.

Facebook share prices fell -25% in one day. Looks like facebook is going down forever.

Indian Billionaire Subroto Roy "Amby valley" is worth $6 billion as per market price but buyers are not paying more than $2 billion for Amby Valley. Real estates are also investments.

Silver price fell to $9/ounce under Obama's presidency.

Investments give profit or loss

This is an information  the general public should be aware  of. Anti cryptocurrency agent makes the whole world to feel that cryptocurrency is the only investment that there is high rate of lost. Cryptocurrency have all the features to be called investment.
miramax-10

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

Yes, I agree with you. Bitcoin is an investment that will be very promising in a few years. People who wait for results in a few months just spend their time.
Planeparke

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

I refer to "investors" as contributors usually, as the community comes together to make the project successful.
But pre established currencies like bitcoin, can be referred to as an investment.
Hkim21

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:41:00 AM

bitcoin has a good advance since 2009 because many people start believing and investing money here. the price that exploded at the end of 2017 increasingly made it popular as an investment tool, a decentralized system supported by blockchain technology became the advantages and attractiveness of bitcoin. Now the opinion of bitcoin as a currency is being replaced by bitocin as an asset.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
princestan

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:02:21 AM

Investment is simply to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future. So bitcoin is completely an investment.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:08:06 AM

150 of Fortune 500 companies have closed down since 2006. Stock markets are also investments.

Facebook share prices fell -25% in one day. Looks like facebook is going down forever.

Indian Billionaire Subroto Roy "Amby valley" is worth $6 billion as per market price but buyers are not paying more than $2 billion for Amby Valley. Real estates are also investments.

Silver price fell to $9/ounce under Obama's presidency.

Investments give profit or loss

r

So it clearly stated that it was bitcoin,an investment that can give profit or losses

At first i dont really believed that this is an investment since it has no product but only a virtual currency that can spend with internet and a dead currency when internet is gone.

But now as i am getting deeper in cryptocurrency i am buying the idea that bitcoin and other altcoins are investment
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:13:02 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Yeah i do agree bitcoin is an investment, and its do risky and every body who invest on it should understand what the risk is.  Bitcoin is considered as asset rather than currency and i dont think its a bad idea, even though its considered as asset we still could use it as currency for transaction.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Fmradio98

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:39:57 AM

As the market keeps on fluctuating and is flighty for us to exchange bitcoin. there are likewise venture open doors that are especially in light of a legitimate concern for some speculators as a result of the advantages. Despite the fact that the hazard is some way or another more noteworthy. I trust you would now be able to put resources into bitcoin to limit hazard and make the most secure benefits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: