Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3710 times)
knggtrrz

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:09:56 AM

Bitcoin was created as a currency with the main intention to facilitate payments by offering fast transaction speed, good security, low transaction costs and owner control of transactions. As it emerged, users of Bitcoin realized the value added to Bitcoin on periodic basis. It became obvious that holders earn much profit from Bitcoin by just keeping them for a while and watch it grow in value. Now every Bitcoin user has gained an interest in holding.

You are right,for me bitcoin is an investment. An assets thay have the ability to give us good profit if proper holding and investments have been made.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:48:22 AM

exchange bitcoin to generate profit. Bitcoin is a very attractive investment. Everyone wants to buy bitcoin at low prices and sell bitcoins at high prices to make a profit for themselves. Those who are holding bitcoins are eager to have a prosperous future with bitcoins.
malah

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:40:20 AM

I think, currently bitcoin is used more as an investment for their assets in the future and only a few use bitcoin as a currency because not all places can accept and use bitcoin as a currency

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:46:58 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Not all the people will agree with what you have said. I believe a few users of bitcoin still see it as a currency. However, most of the people now considered it as an asset, as an investment because of its high value in the market. Moreover, they view it like that because not all the places in the world accept bitcoin as a payment so that most of the individuals label bitcoin as an investment.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:51:25 AM

I can answer your question, bitcoin is totally an investment. As far as the two definitions  you speak in economics and finance as you say, we really do not care about this. We need profit and bitcoin is a good investment that will bring us profits in the future.

BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:54:34 AM

I think, currently bitcoin is used more as an investment for their assets in the future and only a few use bitcoin as a currency because not all places can accept and use bitcoin as a currency
many people refuse if bitcoin is said to be an investment tool, but for now, we see that more people use bitcoin as an investment tool compared to people who use it as a means of payment. well, and until now, that function is still being done.
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:55:13 AM

Bitcoin can be considered an investment. Everyone decides for himself, it will be for a long time or for a short one.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Motokonomo

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:32:15 AM

It is an investment that comes with a high risk, but the huge volatility in its values on the crypto-currencies trading market would also give investors a huge chance to gain bigger profits than other traditional investment, so I think rich investors who are willing to take a high risk in order to gain more profits could try to invest some of their money into bitcoin for the long term.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:55:36 AM

Certainly, Bitcoin is an investment and an asset that anybody who wants to have a part of the future and as such investing at this very time - now that the market is in the reds, is the right  time to invest and keep your coins . all the best to those who love and do crypto!
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:02:03 AM

Absolutely yes, bitcoin is investment..
If you don't invest, no earnings... It's all about hard-working...  Smiley
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:09:25 AM

In terms of profit and economy in the long run, bitcoin can provide a good future hope, so that many people buy bitcoin as a long-term savings in the hope that the next few years can provide a great advantage for them. Thus bitcoin has become a very important part of being a long-term asset which means that bitcoin is an investment that many people are investing in bitcoin and are an excellent long-term investment in cryptocurrency.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:14:53 AM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Well said. Bitcoin is an investment but it is considered as a very risky investment. It is because its price is very volatile and there is a high chance that you will gain loss, not profit. Nevertheless, thanks for promoting bitcoin once more and contributing to the positive side in this forum.
koreacryptofan

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:25:04 AM

It is the new investment class, I think, since it is perfectly fit the definition.
yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

For me, investment is simple, something that has economic value can be used as an investment product, such as fiat, gold, stocks and more. Crypto has very good economic value and is included in the investment category even though many people call it gambling or other products
carlou

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 11:32:48 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Most of our community think about that and expect a huge profit at the of the day they forget the essence of bitcoin as a currency.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:43:21 AM

Definiitel, there are two sides to this argument. No matter what form of explanation you give, we cannot all agree on a single point. As long as btc can be used for exchange of goods and services, it qualifies as a currency and it is suppose to be a currency. It can be used alternatively as an investment but that does not mean the primary function no longer exist

flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:46:18 AM

both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think it depend on how you will use bitcoin. It can be investmemt  by holding it for long time since there's a chance that it will gain more value in the future like most people do but bitcoin can also be currency (why else it's called cryptocurrency) used as medium of exchange.

As bitcoin believer I don't see much reason why we need to argue if bitcoin is currency, investment, digital gold or asset or whatever as long as we're using it and holding and believing that bitcoin is here to stay changing the world and revolutionize financial transaction.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

Bitcoin has become more than an investment right now and it continues to go even bigger. I would go even further and say that bitcoin might be the puzzle key for the new monetary system that at some point it will come.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:37:06 PM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I do believe that bitcoin is an investment. An investment which is risky but definitely worth it in the end. Bitcoin has the ability to gave us huge profit , benefits , and opportunities and that is the advantage on investing in bitcoin.

Tatsuyashiba

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:10:06 PM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

but that is my question from your opinion above. isn't btc actually a medium of exchange. if btc is an investment as you say you think you are wrong, because in addition to the exchange of btc there will be no use, just imagine the difference between btc and stock is the stock of having a job to do like selling a product or service, but for btc it is not , btc can only be used for exchange tools, because actually satoshi's goal of making btc is to exchange in cyberspace especially deepweb
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: