Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:50:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT  (Read 3710 times)
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

Let's be honest, now bitcoin is much more profitable to use as an investment. But this does not mean that we will not use it as a currency, no. We just need a little more time to develop it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:42:16 PM

Yes it is true no bitcoin is free to give because of its price and fastness through transactions it needs a little or large amount of investment to get the BTC you wanted. No one people can give you free bitcoin that is directly going to your wallet they need also investment and also need to scam a person.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

Bitcoin is actually and obviously a currency, a virtual currency/money. What you said is right that what is investment in term of finance and in economic way. But bitcoin is a money/virtual money and not an investment. In investing we pay so we can invest and we use a money, while here bitcoin is the money or the medium of payment and there are someone who accept your what you invest. Bitcoin is a term used for some business but not the company itself. It is the money we use to invest not the company that we invested.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

For a long time, I consider bitcoin as an investment. The difference between Bitcoin and other investment tools is in its form and regulation. The form of bitcoin is a virtual object, then the regulation owned by bitcoin is also not legal so that it still allows fluctuating market movements.
jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:42:43 PM

With the explanation given we know very well that Bitcoin is a investment we put in money to gain something higher than you bought it for and that is investment and that is what Bitcoin is although it's more than that but in this aspect that is what it is to me
Angry_Bird

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:18:17 PM

Are there really debates over whether BTC is investment or not? Anyway, you are right about it. In fact, almost every deal is a kind of investment. I even like to think of BTC as my investment.

rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:37:57 PM

Bitcoin was changed to investment by the choice made by the holders. Bitcoin was made for P2P transaction without the interruption of the third party and it was made to be decentralized. This can be traced  see that Bitcoin white paper never mention trading or investment. For the same reason of choice the holders of bitcoin are now using it for evil purposes like drugs, terror and money laundry. Bitcoin is not an investment  but a payment method.
kenjdebil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

The term "investment" can refer to any mechanism used for generating future income. In the financial sense, this includes the purchase of bonds, stocks or real estate property. And for now, this includes also, the cryptocurrency as a form of investment, as time goes by, technology is number source of income now. Wink
Maxson

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:17:41 PM

In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

It is an investment to all not just a few, but it might interest you to know that if  invested and hodl a while it pays you in a big way
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:23:23 PM

Yes, It is true! Though some people will not agree with this term, But bitcoin becomes an investment. Every new people invest in the bitcoin as an investment. They invest, hold for a moment and then sell in a profit! I can assure that 80% of new people don't care about blockchain technology, they only come to earn money in a short time!

nahotachikwem

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:36:08 PM

Bitcoin really is an investment because, it is a financial resource acquired with the possibility that the benefit will give wage later on or will later be sold at a higher cost for a benefit.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:58:07 PM

Yeah currently that is what we can see bitcoin to be but with time i know most countries would tend to accept it as a means of payment method for transactions being done. Satoshi Nakamoto's dream would soon be realized.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:16:18 PM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

No need to argue with this because bitcoin is really a kind if investment, a speculative investment. What categorized as investment is the volatility for price assuming, possibility for profit gaining since bitcoin has it, it falls from the investment. Buying goods and products using bitcoin don't make it as a currency but a means of trade.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:50:45 PM

at the beginning bitcoin is created as the digital currencies but many people that use bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as the investment program and trading media, i think it is not bad and not good, we all know that it doesn't give use the bad effect, but we should change bitcoin from the investment media become the digital currencies
The mindset of people is to invest in bitcoin which make it as an investment more than a currency because the price is volatile and wanting a big profit from it when wait longer. Maybe they change this mindset when the price give some stable price for it to choose to use for payment.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:45:44 AM

In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I am agree with you. Bitcoin can not used in many merchant right now, but i do believe bitcoin is future payment and as store of value, bitcoin will be profitable investment. If more people need bitcoin in the future, bitcoin will be profitable for who investing their money at early stage and i think its still not too late to investing our money
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 12:54:17 AM

I don't think any crypto user will dispute the fact that Bitcoin is also a form of investment. The interest of most crypto users have now shifted towards the investment aspect of crypto after realizing the huge profits they made from holding some valuable coins like BTC.

maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:45:20 AM

For now, I consider bitcoin is an investment which can give me a profit if I hold it for a while and bitcoin can also be traded with other coins and bitcoin can provide another advantage. I don't know if there is any people don't like bitcoin and I think that person cannot see the benefits of bitcoin and he cannot make any profit from bitcoin. But I believe that in the future when bitcoin is available in all country, and we can use bitcoin for anything, then people who don't think so with bitcoin will trying to join, and finally, they will use bitcoin too.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:28:54 AM

Its true that bitcoin is an investment. We buying and hold bitcoin for long term because we believe bitcoin will be usefull in the future. In investment term, when we buying bitcoin we are like buying future currency and payment and i am believe bitcon is good investment for our future

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
jabrix

Activity: 397

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:55:14 AM

Its true that bitcoin is an investment. We buying and hold bitcoin for long term because we believe bitcoin will be usefull in the future. In investment term, when we buying bitcoin we are like buying future currency and payment and i am believe bitcon is good investment for our future

bitcoin looks attractive because it has a dual role, we cannot deny that bitcoin is a currency too. increase in value looks fairer because it cannot be intervened by the authority of any country and this is very suitable for long-term investments, if the value of bitcoin is very stable, then the ecosystem will not run as efficiently now.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:02:34 AM

Everything that has a value is a investment for me.. What ever you see that has a value is an investment and yeah so do bitcoin as it has a value sentiment. You used money to buy and hoping it to increase that is also a investment. Bitcoin is an investment. We all hope bitcoin will increase..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: