Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin  (Read 4443 times)
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:14:06 PM

It has been 6 months that this message posted. That time the Ethereum price was around $300 and $128 right now. And also that time the ETH's marketcap was the second after bitcoin. You were talking about the overtake ETH over BTC but right now the Ripple past ETH in the market cap $15 billion to $13 billion. So ethereum going down with its own system, which nearly all altcoins uses it.
I agree with your opinion but only with the point that the Ethereum should first outrun the Ripple. And it is good that the breakaway is not big. Hope the Ethereum in January 2019 will please us more than this year.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ericks1

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:42:25 PM

For Ethan to overtake BTC was all that most of us anticipated for because of the usecase of eth, but trust the process BTC is not ready to loose it's position for Eth. A lot more of the big guys and organizations still believe in BTC
Ericks1

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:44:36 PM

For Ethan to overtake BTC was all that most of us anticipated for because of the usecase of eth, but trust the process BTC is not ready to loose it's position for Eth. A lot more of the big guys and organizations still believe in BTC

Where Ethan is ETH, atomic predict
Pontorez

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:34:38 PM

In the following year ETH will overwtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency. I would dump your bitcoin while despite everything you can.  Undecided

I am sure of the excellent potential of both coins, because they continue to bring real benefits for the modern crypto market. But in any case, BTC will continue to be a real leader. Because it enjoys maximum confidence among investors from around the world.
passeroutpass

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:39:55 PM

In the following year ETH will overwtake BTC as the number 1 cryptocurrency. I would dump your bitcoin while despite everything you can.  Undecided

I am sure of the excellent potential of both coins, because they continue to bring real benefits for the modern crypto market. But in any case, BTC will continue to be a real leader. Because it enjoys maximum confidence among investors from around the world.
well, the Ethereum will not always be popular. sooner or later, all investors will leave this project and go to bitcoin
Ditlycel

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:53:23 PM

well, the Ethereum will not always be popular. sooner or later, all investors will leave this project and go to bitcoin
Well, I do not think that the Ethereum will leave, now there will be an update and I think that Ethereum will become much more popular, yet Ethereum is good for buying now

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 05:09:21 PM

Bitcoin capitalization is much higher and it dominates the market very much. The entire market is subject to bitcoin and it is unlikely it will obey Ethereum.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
sergeykravchenko1959

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:25:22 PM

I believe that you should not compare ETH and BTC and try to predict the primacy of one of them. Each of them is popular in its field. ETH platform is very popular among ICO projects. BTC is the very first cryptocurrency and in fact it dictates the direction of the whole crypto market.
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:30:11 PM

Is there anything that can prove that ethereum will overtake bitcoin in the coming future. It is obvious that any coin will not take over unless and until it perform well. So far seeing the market, bitcoin has been performing well ever since its inception some 10 years ago. There are many instances that bitcoin will not lose its stand in the nearest future. Cryptocurrency is known by bitcoin. It is being used as a method of payment.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

When I see posts like this, I laugh. Saying ETH will overtake BTC is just like saying a child will grow older than his father. BTC remains king, the market cap for BTC will always be the largest. If anything happens to BTC, it affects the entire crypto market.  ETH is a great project, but please comparisons like this have no fact.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 05:42:27 PM

There is no way Ethereum can ever overtake Bitcoin. You know just to help you out check the market cap of each of the cryptocurrencies and you will realize that bitcoin has the greatest marketcap and also it has over 50% dominance over the entire crypto market. This shows the supremacy of bitcoin over Ethereum also and i don't see how Ethereum is going to overtake bitcoin in such a situation.

Aleksandra Gurskaya

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:49:05 PM

I really hope for it! Well, the fact that it will reduce the bitcoin lag in price is 100 percent. But it will be seen how to actually get
Louis21
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:26:25 PM

I don't see this coming at any time, Ethereum don't have what it takes to overtake Bitcoin. It can only overtake Altcoins. Bitcoin is the king of Cryptocurrency and there is no altcoin that can overtake even with an improve blockchain network and features. Bitcoin will always maintained its position.

Dacosta Osei-Tutu

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:36:20 PM

I have seen a lot of people arguing on this forum that ethereum will one day overtake bitcoin but I beg to differ. I hold both ethereum and bitcoin but I still don't believe that the ethereum has the capabilities to overthrown bitcoin. Because bitcoin has a large community behind it than ethereum which makes the coin solid and more reliable to invest into it so the price will keep rising making it difficult to be overthrown
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:45:14 PM

Ethereum can not outrun Bitcoin so long as Bitcoin continues to dominate other types of cryptocurrency. In order to outrun bitcoin in price, ethereum is unlikely to be able to rise to the level of bitcoin price. Most likely, Bitcoin itself should fall already with a simultaneous increase in the price of ethereum. It is theoretically possible, but whether it will be in practice is difficult to say.
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

I don't see this coming at any time, Ethereum don't have what it takes to overtake Bitcoin. It can only overtake Altcoins. Bitcoin is the king of Cryptocurrency and there is no altcoin that can overtake even with an improve blockchain network and features. Bitcoin will always maintained its position.
Ethereum resources are not enough to overtake Bitcoin for now, but in the future who knows the certainty.
I think there is a possibility that Ethereum can overtake Bitcoin in terms of price because Ethereum has a very professional team.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:50:14 AM

Ethereum resources are not enough to overtake Bitcoin for now, but in the future who knows the certainty.
I think there is a possibility that Ethereum can overtake Bitcoin in terms of price because Ethereum has a very professional team.
For now, it's impossible, but in the future there's a big chance.
ETH keeps upgrading and we are going to witness that big upgrade this month, hopefully this attract the bulls back.
BTC is still the dominating king, it moves sideways and altcoins do follow in every direction, it dictated the tempo because more people are trusting bitcoin than altcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Biggzby

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:51:26 AM

Hi All.   Happy new year.  Take a moment and help an artist www.zusev.com
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:02:49 AM

Why is ETH going beyond BTC?
At the moment, ICO is not hot, then people are gradually selling ETH, then I think it is more rational to hold BTC now.

It's the Hard Forks that makes the Ethereum alive these days I can say, without these forks, the market cap of ETH will not going to increase again as many investors want to have free coins from the forks, they invest allot in Ethereum.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:38:57 PM

It is not realistic to happen in the next 3 years for ETH to overtake BTC. In the future everything is possible and when ETH solves all the issues it has, and becomes the most reliable platform (fast, secure, efficient) I would not exclude that possibility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: