Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Energi [NRG] Cryptocurrency for World Adoption | PoS | MN | No-ICO or Premine |  (Read 44132 times)
Hastaguy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 02:41:53 PM

Name:   EnergiCrypto
Activity:   118
Merit:   2
Position:   Copper Member
Date Registered:   August 10, 2018, 04:56:23 PM
Last Active:   Today at 01:05:14 PM

then you go in and see everything and we still have no answer, clearly we are right.

Energi investors and MN holders have the right to know about everything on this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Selicio

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 05:31:13 PM

Name:   EnergiCrypto
Activity:   118
Merit:   2
Position:   Copper Member
Date Registered:   August 10, 2018, 04:56:23 PM
Last Active:   Today at 01:05:14 PM

then you go in and see everything and we still have no answer, clearly we are right.

Energi investors and MN holders have the right to know about everything on this thread.

They will just ignore concerns or give you generic responses as if they are in the business of rocket science and you wouldn't know better.

Harolder

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 08:34:01 PM

I am so grateful to have found Energi crypto currency. 

When I first bought some NRG, after mining it for a couple of weeks, the price and their plans for the future, were what drew me in. Now, after about a year, and a few more investments, I have a masternode and I'm receiving more and more NRG almost every day.

The best staking returns in the crypto space and the best Masternode returns too. I can't wait until everyone gets to see all that Energi has to offer.

You'd think that would be enough, but no. Energi has a self-funded charity called Energi Impact that is changing the world for the better.

Thank you Tommy and the Energi Team for building our planet's best hope for a healthy and fruitful future.

Hastaguy

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 08:55:08 PM

When I first bought some NRG, after mining it for a couple of weeks, the price and their plans for the future, were what drew me in. Now, after about a year, and a few more investments, I have a masternode and I'm receiving more and more NRG almost every day.

The best staking returns in the crypto space and the best Masternode returns too. I can't wait until everyone gets to see all that Energi has to offer.

You'd think that would be enough, but no. Energi has a self-funded charity called Energi Impact that is changing the world for the better.

Thank you Tommy and the Energi Team for building our planet's best hope for a healthy and fruitful future.

Ok Tommy Wink

and about the questions in that thread, will you answer them?

Blackstone1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 10:24:52 PM

Ok Tommy Wink

Hastaguy; I don't want to get in the middle of your chat here, but, can you let other people who may want to communicate and post here about Energi do so without having to fend off your accusations.  I appreciate that you are passionate, but please lets respect others who may want to post as well.  I will thank you in advance for your co-operation.

You can confirm my moderator status at the bottom of the post here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4912743.msg44252612#msg44252612
Selicio

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:16:59 AM

Ok Tommy Wink

Hastaguy; I don't want to get in the middle of your chat here, but, can you let other people who may want to communicate and post here about Energi do so without having to fend off your accusations.  I appreciate that you are passionate, but please lets respect others who may want to post as well.  I will thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Hello Blackstone we have talked in the discord many times before. Sorry not to be able to introduce my real identity. But how does it feel to be paid via NRG and not being able to cash your salary for two months now ?

Or are employees able to deposit on exchanges as a special treatment from the World Power ?  Smiley Smiley
crypto_critical_think

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:50:57 AM

Greetings again, quick question for the hot topic.   Friendly reminder I'm and NRG supporter but also appreciating both sides and points of view.

If Energi is a scam as you guys say, what's the proposed end game here?   What if the deposits open in 2-3 weeks, price goes down a bit and up and just does it's normal thing and all is well?  Then Energi X comes out, things are rolling etc etc.

Or if this really is a scam, what is being implied is going to continue to happen?  The deposits never open and all holders have lost?  Looking for possible scenarios that people are saying are going to roll out.  Not gaslighting or anything here guys, just genuinely curious what you guys are implying will or could happen.

ominous.shark

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:50:53 PM

just genuinely curious what you guys are implying will or could happen.

I wouldn't rely on the content written here on this forum as leverage against or for the legitimacy of any cryptocurrency. Anyone can say anything and that's not going to help anyone in the long term.

I've been following Energi from the side lines for a while now. They continually deliver on goals and promises. Sure, it's annoying that deposits are currently closed, but lets look at the big picture. They're creating something that has never existed before and I think they're doing a great job.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. People need to stop going around touting anti-Energi propaganda. Unless you're on the dev team, you can't really say anything about the success or failure of this project. From the beginning, they made it clear that this was an experimental project.

If Energi wins, we win. If Energi loses, we all lose.

Take a look at their github, there are commits that are very recent and they worked around the clock to dispatch 3.0.6 following a DDos attack. If they're isn't dissemination of anti-Energi hate, I'd be worried that this project was failing. The fact that people are writing hateful (untrue) things about the project and the people involved, is proof that Energi is doing something right. (Side note: I anticipate that we see commits very soon as evidence that we're moving forward).

To follow all this however, I think it is time for the team to come forward with a new plan-of-attack. I think if the deposit had been locked for 2 weeks, that would be sufficient time to go without an explanation. If deposits are not open in the next 2 to 3 weeks, I think it is only fair that the team steps forward and provides a bit more explanation and also a timelines so we can be ready for deposits to open so we can resume using this amazing cryptocurrency.

I trust that Tommy has his head screwed on properly. I trust the team IS working right now as I type this to fix the issues at hand. Don't let fear and greed get the best of you.
Blackstone1

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:11:10 PM

Ok Tommy Wink

Hello Blackstone we have talked in the discord many times before. Sorry not to be able to introduce my real identity. But how does it feel to be paid via NRG and not being able to cash your salary for two months now ?

Or are employees able to deposit on exchanges as a special treatment from the World Power ?  Smiley Smiley

Selicio ;

I would say a proper hello back if I could, but as you mention you are not able to reveal yourself.  If we have chatted as you say before, then I wold have expected a little more consideration and respect be put into your post directed at me.  

You obviously are aware that my role is to moderate chat and that is what I was asking in my earlier post, to be respectful of other posters.  Asking one about their salary and/or personal business in an open forum is really out of line and is not a relevant topic of conversation.  

I would ask that you refrain from pulling others into your "conversation" and try to be more respectful in the future.

You can confirm my moderator status at the bottom of the post here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4912743.msg44252612#msg44252612
crypto_critical_think

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:50:15 PM

I wouldn't rely on the content written here on this forum as leverage against or for the legitimacy of any cryptocurrency. Anyone can say anything and that's not going to help anyone in the long term.

I've been following Energi from the side lines for a while now. They continually deliver on goals and promises. Sure, it's annoying that deposits are currently closed, but lets look at the big picture. They're creating something that has never existed before and I think they're doing a great job.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. People need to stop going around touting anti-Energi propaganda. Unless you're on the dev team, you can't really say anything about the success or failure of this project. From the beginning, they made it clear that this was an experimental project.

Take a look at their github, there are commits that are very recent and they worked around the clock to dispatch 3.0.6 following a DDos attack. If they're isn't dissemination of anti-Energi hate, I'd be worried that this project was failing. The fact that people are writing hateful (untrue) things about the project and the people involved, is proof that Energi is doing something right. (Side note: I anticipate that we see commits very soon as evidence that we're moving forward).

To follow all this however, I think it is time for the team to come forward with a new plan-of-attack. I think if the deposit had been locked for 2 weeks, that would be sufficient time to go without an explanation. If deposits are not open in the next 2 to 3 weeks, I think it is only fair that the team steps forward and provides a bit more explanation and also a timelines so we can be ready for deposits to open so we can resume using this amazing cryptocurrency.

I trust that Tommy has his head screwed on properly. I trust the team IS working right now as I type this to fix the issues at hand. Don't let fear and greed get the best of you.

Thank you for explaining how I feel with better connotation and syntax.  I know my question to the other side is fueling this fire but I just can't grasp what the proposed scam endgame here is.  The Energi Team is obviously, and I'm not using that word lightly, obviously working their tails off to get us pushing forward.  Makes this investor happy and confident.  Among many other things mentioned by my sinister apex predator's comments.
blandin33

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 02:02:48 PM

The fact is that the team has been unable to give any explanation for almost two months, other than that they care about our safety. How does this happen:
transfers from exchange wallets to other wallets are secure.
transfers between other wallets are secure.
but the transfer to the exchange's wallet is dangerous.
My opinion is that they are just speculating on the price of the coin.
ONEnergy

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 02:53:01 PM

So many critics all over again. I have seen this few times already.
Start of Energi project:
- No Way Treasury is too big, this is not sustainable

Energi proved all wrong and showed to all that Treasury is the key project survived bear market while 95% other project went down 99%, NRG price rose significantly.

Haters all around when it comes to Earndrop round 1, earndrop round 2-4.

Do you still remember all those questions:
- Where are my coins?
- When earndrop?
- They didn't approve me, they are a scam?
- They will never pay out earndrop, they are just delaying all this so the price will drop to 0.

Then earndrop was paid and the heaters went silent.

The next one in line was Gen3 migration:
- When gen3?
- This is a scam, they will never migrate
- I lost my private key - this is a scam project

Then migration happened and heaters went silent.

MN collateral down from 10k to 1k:
- They are screwing real investors, this is not fair
- MN rewards will fall below 5%

MN collateral activated and all was O.K., rewards remain more or less the same and the network is going more and more secure.

Now we have deposit lockdown and there we go again: heaters got another bone.

So if I summarize:
POW to POS - done
Earndrop 1 - done
Earndrop 2-4 done
MN collateral - done
Migration to gen3 - done
Deposits - pending

Energi team prooved many times they will deliver what is promised and I believe it will soon be the same in case of deposits.

Many investors that are aware of what is this project about don't care if deposit remains locked for another month or so as they are thinking long term.
I am sure the loudest critics are those that got their coins for free on earndrop and are now all crazy they cannot cashout free coins.
I hardly doubt any MN holders find this the right moment to seel their MN.

15Wny317eHkEUtURMMogcHYUbFtGArWxtS
ominous.shark

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 04:19:21 PM

The fact is that the team has been unable to give any explanation for almost two months, other than that they care about our safety. How does this happen:

Blandin33, I can't claim to fully understand the nature of this current situation with the locked deposits. However, I don't think gaslighting the team is fair. I think you're creating mistaken concern where there shouldn't be any. In the long run,  if they were manipulating price as you claim, it wouldn't help them out at all and would only create scandal - which I don't think any team of a project wish upon themselves

With that said, I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting from them. Explaining why they have chosen to do this could reveal a security flaw. Things of this nature are not arbitrary. I think if this was a new project with little volume there might be cause for suspicion. But time and time again this team in particular has shown that they mean business and are not giving us the run-around.

Remember: at the end of the day, when this is over and deposits are resumed, the team will be held accountable for this decision. Do you think the team isn't aware that we want answers? We'll get answers and the issue will be addressed. If it's just swept under the rug, then there might be cause for suspicion.

Until accusers try running their own successfully crypto currency without issues, we have no grounds for complaining. Buy the coin and let them make you some easy money.

If you have issues with the team, their philosophy, their project strategies, then sell your coins and move on to the next best thing. Creating fear and stirring the pot over speculation isn't fair to the team nor is it fair to investors.

I for one, will give the team a fair shot.
blandin33

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 05:10:32 PM

Blandin33, I can't claim to fully understand the nature of this current situation with the locked deposits. However, I don't think gaslighting the team is fair. I think you're creating mistaken concern where there shouldn't be any. In the long run,  if they were manipulating price as you claim, it wouldn't help them out at all and would only create scandal - which I don't think any team of a project wish upon themselves

With that said, I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting from them. Explaining why they have chosen to do this could reveal a security flaw. Things of this nature are not arbitrary. I think if this was a new project with little volume there might be cause for suspicion. But time and time again this team in particular has shown that they mean business and are not giving us the run-around.

Remember: at the end of the day, when this is over and deposits are resumed, the team will be held accountable for this decision. Do you think the team isn't aware that we want answers? We'll get answers and the issue will be addressed. If it's just swept under the rug, then there might be cause for suspicion.

Until accusers try running their own successfully crypto currency without issues, we have no grounds for complaining. Buy the coin and let them make you some easy money.

If you have issues with the team, their philosophy, their project strategies, then sell your coins and move on to the next best thing. Creating fear and stirring the pot over speculation isn't fair to the team nor is it fair to investors.

I told you that was my point of view. I don't encourage anyone to follow it.
The team has been unable to answer three simple questions for almost two months. From this, I conclude that she does not have these answers. This means that deposits are also safe, and the team is engaged in speculation.
Blackstone1

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:49:35 PM

The team has been unable to answer three simple questions for almost two months. From this, I conclude that she does not have these answers. This means that deposits are also safe, and the team is engaged in speculation.

Blandin33 Hello;

I appreciate that you have your own mind, and of course your own point of view.  I am trying to understand your statement and respond the best I can to it.

The team has been unable to answer three simple questions for almost two months.

Can you give me an example of a question that you need an answer for that has not already been answered?  Keep in mind, sometimes the answer is right in front of us, we just don't like the response that we receive, that does not mean it has not been answered. 

In response to your point: team is engaged in speculation - again I am unclear on what it is you are trying to say exactly.

If you can be a little more clear, I will do my best to respond accordingly.

ominous.shark

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:26:37 PM

Blackstone1, I think you've mis-read Dlandin33's post.

The team has been unable to answer three simple questions for almost two months.

Can you give me an example of a question that you need an answer for that has not already been answered?  Keep in mind, sometimes the answer is right in front of us, we just don't like the response that we receive, that does not mean it has not been answered.

The team has not responded with a technical reason behind the locked deposits. BUT, in the Medium article they say that the deposits being locked is due to security reasons.
So it's up to us, the viewer/speculator/investor to make a personal choice: Either we believe them, or they are lying. I think they have not given us any reason to doubt them. I don't think they've ever given us cause to suspect they are lying.

In response to your point: team is engaged in speculation - again I am unclear on what it is you are trying to say exactly.

Blackstone1, basically, if the team wants to make the price of NRG go up (and to be sure, the team probably holds a sizable amount of NRG) then all they have to do is stop deposits so that people can't sell off their NRG. It's artificial inflation. More buying than selling on exchanges. <--- not necessarily true, but Blandin33 is suspicious.

However:
If I'm wrong, and they are lying and there is malicious intent (or monetary gain for the team) behind the locked deposit, the world will find out. This is not something they will be able to cover and recover from. It will be the end of the whole project (which is actually doing really well and has it's feet firmly planted right now). Also, they WILL be liable (and can be sued) regardless of the disclaimers they write "This is just a project we make no promises etc etc".

I choose to believe that they have good intent and that there is serious testing that is being performed.

My issue with BitcoinTalk right now is that there is a big difference between saying:

"I have a concern, and this is what it is, maybe the team/Tommy could address: blah blah blah"

and

"The team is a bunch of crooks, they are stealing our money, they are frauds, their entire project is a sham and has absolutely no worth, the code is glued garbage, they suck because I don't get my demands met every single time."

Huge difference. One is an assessment and the other is a flagrant accusation without merit, consideration, or real evidence.
blandin33

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:10:14 PM

Blandin33 Hello;

I appreciate that you have your own mind, and of course your own point of view.  I am trying to understand your statement and respond the best I can to it.

If you can be a little more clear, I will do my best to respond accordingly.

1. why transfers from exchange wallets to other wallets are secure?
2. why transfers between other wallets are secure?
3. but why the transfer to the exchange's wallet is dangerous?
Blackstone1

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:19:38 PM

Blackstone1, I think you've mis-read Dlandin33's post.

The team has not responded with a technical reason behind the locked deposits. BUT, in the Medium article they say that the deposits being locked is due to security reasons.
So it's up to us, the viewer/speculator/investor to make a personal choice: Either we believe them, or they are lying. I think they have not given us any reason to doubt them. I don't think they've ever given us cause to suspect they are lying.

Blackstone1, basically, if the team wants to make the price of NRG go up (and to be sure, the team probably holds a sizable amount of NRG) then all they have to do is stop deposits so that people can't sell off their NRG. It's artificial inflation. More buying than selling on exchanges. <--- not necessarily true, but Blandin33 is suspicious.

However:
If I'm wrong, and they are lying and there is malicious intent (or monetary gain for the team) behind the locked deposit, the world will find out. This is not something they will be able to cover and recover from. It will be the end of the whole project (which is actually doing really well and has it's feet firmly planted right now). Also, they WILL be liable (and can be sued) regardless of the disclaimers they write "This is just a project we make no promises etc etc".

I choose to believe that they have good intent and that there is serious testing that is being performed.

My issue with BitcoinTalk right now is that there is a big difference between saying:

"I have a concern, and this is what it is, maybe the team/Tommy could address: blah blah blah"

and

"The team is a bunch of crooks, they are stealing our money, they are frauds, their entire project is a sham and has absolutely no worth, the code is glued garbage, they suck because I don't get my demands met every single time."

Huge difference. One is an assessment and the other is a flagrant accusation without merit, consideration, or real evidence.

ominous.shark;

Hello and thank you for your comments.  I do believe you are correct in your statement that Blandin33 was referring to deposits being closed on exchanges, but I did not want to assume anything, as that is how one gets in trouble is by assuming.  

The Medium article you pointed out does mention the security, and stability of our network which is an important criteria when considering opening deposits.  There is further reference in the article as well about the scammer who attempted to steal 200k NRG from our community members  This is an item worth mentioning again for anyone who has not yet seen it.

During the migration to Gen 3, scammers attempted to steal over 200,000 NRG from our community. This would be catastrophic not only for the victims, but for everyone in the Energi ecosystem who would have suffered from major market dumping of these illicit gains.

Personally for this reason alone, I am glad that deposits are closed.  If I was one of our community members who was violated by the scammer,  I would not want them to benefit by being able to sell the stolen coins on the exchange.  For so many of our community members, any amount of Energi, no matter the value, can be life changing for them.

The reason why deposits are closed, does not affect anyone from withdrawing from exchanges - they are free to do so if they like.

As for the "accusations" being tossed around by some, that the Team is keeping deposits closed to manipulate the price - if I personally step back and look at it, it seems like just another far fetched accusation by some. The Team has stipulated  many times, and also in the medium article,  the reasons for them being closed, security, and stability of our network.  

I will post the article here for anyone who may want to take a few moments to read it again or for the first time.

https://medium.com/energi/important-update-exchange-deposits-8aad7a120b3e

blandin33 - Please take a moment to read as I am responding to you as to why deposits are closed-  The question has been answered many times- it is for the security and stability of the network.  Please try to be patient.

andvgal

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:45:13 PM

STATEMENT FROM ENERGI CORE

While Energi Core continues to be a workplace that respects and protects people's fundamental rights and privacy, Energi has decided to make a public statement in response to publicly disseminated false accusations from a disgruntled and troubled former team member.

Andrey Galkin has publicly posted a series of false claims and allegations about Energi alongside bizarre and unreasonable demands. These claims include that Andrey is the creator of Energi Gen 3, that Energi is keeping exchange deposits closed without a valid reason, that Energi is a scam, that Energi should halt the blockchain, and others. Energi Core unequivocally and absolutely refutes these claims. These are the claims of a former team member whose engagement with Energi Core was terminated after multiple disciplinary actions. Energi Core considers it to be self-evident that Andrey has made these claims for the sole purpose of doing harm to Energi Core and the Energi Community.

In a peculiar show of instability, Andrey has publicly declared that contracts which he signed do not apply to him. Though Andrey has re-written much of the code for Energi Gen 3, perhaps in some plan to later make these fraudulent claims of ownership, work on Energi Gen 3 started long before Andrey was even involved. Energi Gen 3 was and continues to be produced as a collaborative effort of work from many Energi Core team members. All intellectual property rights for these designs as well as code produced under a working agreement with Energi Core are exclusively assigned to Energi Core.

These claims are very revealing about Andrey’s character and publicly show issues similar to those Energi Core faced while working with him. Energi Core terminated Andrey’s working agreement as a result of repeated misconduct against other Energi Core team members and a reckless attitude toward development that puts the entire Energi community at risk. While we are working hard to solve bugs in code Andrey wrote, it is of the utmost importance that we approach development in a way that provides the maximum protection to our users. To this end please reference this article which explains in detail why we have exchange deposits closed: https://medium.com/energi/important-update-exchange-deposits-8aad7a120b3e. The Energi Core development team has been working overtime to definitively solve these issues so exchanges may safely re-open as soon as possible.

During the same time that Energi is working hard to resolve these issues, Andrey is attacking the project in any avenue he finds, such as e-mailing exchanges asking them to de-list us, demanding that we halt the blockchain, and other hyperbolic demands which it is explicitly clear are designed solely to harm Energi and Energi users. This has put a strain on our resources as we are forced to respond to damaging claims. While we are working hard on solutions, Andrey has created multiple fake accounts with which to respond to similarly fake posts. Perhaps worst of all this is not merely trolling - Andrey is openly communicating with Bashful, a wanted criminal in multiple jurisdictions and one of the largest scammers in the cryptocurrency space. We have offered a bounty for information leading to the arrest of “Bashful”, as he is a major threat who has already caused significant damages to Energi users.

Energi Gen 3 has some of the most forward thinking and advanced features of any blockchain. These include a powerful self governance mechanism that we have fully described in this article: https://medium.com/energi/how-were-putting-security-at-the-heart-of-energi-6c6dd463a818. Self-governance affords Energi stakeholders the capability to protect each other. This eliminates the need for traditional processes, including time-consuming court orders, even when a malicious actor steals victims’ funds. Self-governance allows Energi to directly target malicious actors and that is EXACTLY what was done in the scenario Andrey shared. Again, his short-term thinking is not aligned with our long-term strategic vision, and this is now resulting in one-sided, self-serving claims.

At Energi we treasure our values: we take a strong stance against scammers, hackers, and other malicious actors and will always strive to provide the best for our community and users. Energi was founded out of love, and we are very proud of our accomplishments. We have conducted the most successful airdrop in the history of cryptocurrency giving away over $6.5 MILLION DOLLARS worth of Energi to real users. We have a self-funded philanthropy initiative called Energi Impact dedicated to doing good in the world. We have consistently met our roadmap goals and we have succeeded where many have failed. Energi was created to make the world a better place, and we have a long history of making good on our mission one step at a time - and we will continue to do so. Our values are expressed clearly on the “Join Our Team” page found here https://www.energi.world/join-our-team/. It is quite obvious from the posts made by Andrey that his values are not in alignment with our own.

Let us make it abundantly clear that we do not intend to allow anyone to harm the project or its users in any way, which is why we have decided to make this statement. We will exhaust all legal remedies to protect our users from malevolent actors. We as a company wish to make a clear and unambiguous statement that there is no substance to any of the allegations posted. The posts themselves constitute civil and criminal violations under US and EU law.

The Energi Legal Team is currently reviewing the best options for defense, including civil and criminal action. Energi is committed to the protection of our community and will zealously enforce all rights and remedies in this regard.

Wow guys, such tribute, so many words and major part is dedicated to me. I can only imagine how many times you have cycled through change & review process with sign-off from the Legal department.

I have to disappoint you that I am not willing to fall into a trap of resource consuming suing for defamation. This statement of yours is the best to show what you mean under love to the World, guys. Keep going.
ominous.shark

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:54:08 PM

There is a difference between Wallet to Wallet transactions and Wallet to Exchange transactions. When you send funds from a Wallet to an Exchange, there comes a point in that process where you have to give up some control over the funds; a third party becomes involved.

What does this mean in terms of the deposits being temporarily locked? Code-wise, I'm not really sure. When it comes down to the code, I don't really know what the transaction between wallet and exchange really looks like. My guess would be: it behaves differently than a Wallet to Wallet transaction. So my conclusion is that the team has written the code already, and is watching the behaviour of the Energi3 blockchain. We recently experienced a chain split.

Also, don't forget, NRG just got listed on HitBTC (like or or not) and I'm sure that adds another layer to the over-all security concern that the team has.

My Summary:
I don't believe there is malicious motives behind the actions of the Energi team in regard to locked deposits.

I DO think they need to start answering some questions however.

1) Why are deposits closed. We don't want a copy/paste answer. We want to understand the "why" and that isn't in a "I deserve to know" sort of manner, but rather, "I'm really passionate about cryptocurrency, how blockchains work, how exchanges work, etc.

2) Why is the Github so quiet?
The last commit is one line of code almost a week ago. What's stopping the team from moving forward?

3) What can WE do? Apart from sitting on our hands and trying not to think about our beloved NRG coins?

Tommy, if you're reading this, give us something. This is about a conversation. Respect. and most importantly, Honesty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: