Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:40:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpartanCoin - Cryptocoin for the competitive world.  (Read 215542 times)
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:10:15 AM

Just checked the current status of my windows wallet.
All looking sweet and fully updated.

Thanks for the efforts dev.  Smiley
Reference the coin halving. When exactly will this be implementing.

The halving has already happened.  Block rewards are now only 75k:

Also wanted to add we are halving the block reward of Spartancoin to 75,000 at block 111280. I added onto the block explorer a count down for that. http://blockexplorer.spartancoin.org/
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

based on the coin specs halving should occur after block 400,000 and not 111,280  Sad

O_o
DarkTrix

Merit: 250

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:05:10 AM

based on the coin specs halving should occur after block 400,000 and not 111,280  Sad

Why should it? and why are you sad? The coins amount has halved and the block reward amount? Surely you should be happy!

Wallet updated and working perfectly no issues at all here.

Buys are picking up on C-Cex nows the time to buy up the LTC market before we hit BTC market hard Wink

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:12:53 AM

based on the coin specs halving should occur after block 400,000 and not 111,280  Sad

Why should it? and why are you sad? The coins amount has halved and the block reward amount? Surely you should be happy!

Buys are picking up on C-Cex nows the time to buy up the LTC market before we hit BTC market hard Wink

Changing a coin's specs is not the best thing.
Why do you think we hit BTC market from 0.00000004 - 0.00000018 LTC ?

O_o
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:27:52 AM

everybody beware of chickenstrips pool.i have received only one transaction for 12 hours mining there.the other 9 transactions going to LIMBO.
they are not updating anything and now i tried to make a manual deposit and this don't work.
their block reward is also at 150.000spn.So don't mine in there.

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
toughaussie83

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:40:18 AM

Keep voting on Mintpal. To get onto Mintpal in these next few weeks could be perfect timing for us...`

Currently we are top 4 out of 507 coins to be voted onto there but we are being followed closely by EXEcoin.

DarkTrix

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:21:02 PM

based on the coin specs halving should occur after block 400,000 and not 111,280  Sad

We went from that price due to demand. Implementation is taking place again so expect a rise again soon.

Once Spartanglory is released and a few more events go off i would expect us to be back into the BTC market again. Just yesterday a large sum were bought from the btc market!

I would seriously take the opportunity, as others already have, to snap up the LTC market while were still on it! won't be long before we rise into BTC market and show the world what Spartans are made of Wink

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:15:31 PM

We went from that price due to demand. Implementation is taking place again so expect a rise again soon.

Once Spartanglory is released and a few more events go off i would expect us to be back into the BTC market again. Just yesterday a large sum were bought from the btc market!

I would seriously take the opportunity, as others already have, to snap up the LTC market while were still on it! won't be long before we rise into BTC market and show the world what Spartans are made of Wink
Seriously if we allow c-cex to remove spn it won't be a bad idea as other people wouldn't be able to buy huge amounts of spn on LTC so they wouldn't dump it on BTC
On the other hand spn is 4th on mintpal voting and within a couple of hours I think it will go 5th. it's a matter of days to go 6th as this Mjollnircoin goes up.
Also do not forget that within 1 week the voting system will stop.
So, the best thing we can do if we are around 50 people here, to put alarms every 1 hour and continuously vote. this might give a big push of around 800 votes per day and that's around 6500 in a week

O_o
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

The version just released a couple days ago changed the first block reward halving to 111,280.  I haven't looked at the code, so I don't know if/when it will halve again (I know the original plan was block 400,000).  SpartanCoin, could you please update the original post to reflect the changes you recently made?

I agree that this is sometimes true, but the dev did it for good reasons.  At the time the coin was released, 100B-coin coins were doing ok.  But since then, most of them have failed.  I think it's good that he brought the cap down.  And with halving the cap, halving the reward makes sense.  This tightening of the money supply should help make it more valuable.  He's been soliciting input from the community, and I don't think anyone raised any objections to it.

There are a lot of things in the works for this coin, which will hopefully increase use and demand.  If that happens, it could easily get up into the BTC range.

everybody beware of chickenstrips pool.i have received only one transaction for 12 hours mining there.the other 9 transactions going to LIMBO. they are not updating anything and now i tried to make a manual deposit and this don't work. their block reward is also at 150.000spn.So don't mine in there.
They're on the wrong fork.  They haven't updated their wallet yet.  You're wasting your hash if you mine there.

Seriously if we allow c-cex to remove spn it won't be a bad idea as other people wouldn't be able to buy huge amounts of spn on LTC so they wouldn't dump it on BTC On the other hand spn is 4th on mintpal voting and within a couple of hours I think it will go 5th. it's a matter of days to go 6th as this Mjollnircoin goes up. Also do not forget that within 1 week the voting system will stop. So, the best thing we can do if we are around 50 people here, to put alarms every 1 hour and continuously vote. this might give a big push of around 800 votes per day and that's around 6500 in a week

If you look a couple pages back, SpartanCoin said he talked to C-cex, and they will not be removing SPN.  If you look back further, SpartanCoin said that some of the software (one of the apps, maybe?) will use C-cex for pricing.  So it does need to remain on C-cex.  And even if you took it off C-cex, it's still on Europex vs. LTC (for now anyway).  It's very unlikely that we'll get on Mintpal with the voting.  But I agree that it's still important because they may look at that list for future coins to add.
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

I agree that this is sometimes true, but the dev did it for good reasons.  At the time the coin was released, 100B-coin coins were doing ok.  But since then, most of them have failed.  I think it's good that he brought the cap down.  And with halving the cap, halving the reward makes sense.  This tightening of the money supply should help make it more valuable.  He's been soliciting input from the community, and I don't think anyone raised any objections to it.

A week ago, 50 million NXT coins  were stolen on BTER. That is around $1.5 million USD
The NTX Dev had a choice to rollback the blockchain in order to return all those coins to the people who lost them.
He finally decided not to do it because he didn't want to change the way NXT was made.
As you can see, the dev could rollback the blockchain for a good reason too, but, he didn't do it. NXT remained NXT and SPN should have remained SPN.

O_o
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:15:21 PM

A week ago, 50 million NXT coins  were stolen on BTER. That is around $1.5 million USD
The NTX Dev had a choice to rollback the blockchain in order to return all those coins to the people who lost them.
He finally decided not to do it because he didn't want to change the way NXT was made.
As you can see, the dev could rollback the blockchain for a good reason too, but, he didn't do it. NXT remained NXT and SPN should have remained SPN.

Why do you have a problem with the SPN change?
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

Have all the exchanges been notified of the wallet version change?  It looks like Europex is not on the right fork as they're showing a network hash rate of only 15 MH/s.
I created a ticket on Europex to let them know about the wallet change and gave them instructions for updating.
DarkTrix

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:34:58 PM

I'm sorry but i have to agree here. The changes were for nothing but good and made good business sense. NXT didnt roll the chain back because there would be infuriated miners who had wasted hash time and power over that time. They would have all switched coins and the network hashrate would have dropped and in turn the coin value and support. This is a survival decision. So are the changes to SPN.

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:41:54 PM

Coins should remain solid as they were announced. It's good when you add features but the coin itself should remain untouched.
Touching a coin makes me lose faith because I have no idea what other things the dev will touch in the future.
And I am speaking about any dev, of any coin.
I don't want to continue as this might be considered FUD and I don't want that

O_o
DarkTrix

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

Coins should remain solid as they were announced. It's good when you add features but the coin itself should remain untouched.
Touching a coin makes me lose faith because I have no idea what other things the dev will touch in the future.
And I am speaking about any dev, of any coin.
I don't want to continue as this might be considered FUD and I don't want that

I understand your point and it is well made Smiley i can assure you no more changes to the coin itself will be changed other than features from what i know! so no worries there.

The Dev behind this is extremely motivated and hard working it will all come to light during the next few weeks and months. There is alot planned!

bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:53:03 PM

I'm sorry but i have to agree here. The changes were for nothing but good and made good business sense. NXT didnt roll the chain back because there would be infuriated miners who had wasted hash time and power over that time. They would have all switched coins and the network hashrate would have dropped and in turn the coin value and support. This is a survival decision. So are the changes to SPN.
The rollback would have been for a few hours only so almost no damage for the miners. Just think how much damage can the hacker do with 50 million coins in his possession.

O_o
ovis30

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

SELL  150 MLN SPN for  1.2 BTC
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:47:59 PM

I haven't read anything about the NXT incident, so I don't know the details.  But on the face of it, even if I were mining it, I'd say roll it back.  If I had lost coins like that and the dev and community didn't roll it back, I'd be very unhappy and probably switch to something else.  One thing I love about crytocurrencies is that you can undo massive thefts like that.  I'd gladly give up even a few days worth of mining profits to see the victims made whole, even if I had lost nothing in the theft.  But I care a lot about justice being served, so that's my take.

And aside from my feelings on the subject, there are other logical reasons to take back the coins.  As DarkTrix pointed out, do you really want a thief in possession of such a large portion?  I'd have a hard time trusting the coin if someone without any morals could manipulate the market any way he/she chooses.

Finally, the SPN dev did nothing to change what's already been done.  He only changed how the coin will behave in the future.  DOGE did something similar a little while back.  If you foresee some issues with a coin, shouldn't you change it to make it better?  Changing SPN also wasn't a light decision.  The dev had talked about making these changes for the past couple of months.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

And aside from my feelings on the subject, there are other logical reasons to take back the coins.  As DarkTrix pointed out, do you really want a thief in possession of such a large portion?  I'd have a hard time trusting the coin if someone without any morals could manipulate the market any way he/she chooses.

It's crazy how people are so quick to overlook the ~750,000 gox coins and large number of silk road coins that got stolen.

That's 1/21st of all the coins, in 2033.

Horses in midstream.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:58:29 AM

It's crazy how people are so quick to overlook the ~750,000 gox coins and large number of silk road coins that got stolen.

That's 1/21st of all the coins, in 2033.

I never said that I had very much trust in bitcoin either. Wink  More concerning to me than gox and silk road is Satoshi Nakamoto.  I know nothing of him/her/them, and he/she/they could crash the market to almost nothing in an instant.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: